Thread of Fate

By laflor777

Legend has it that there is an invisible red thread that connects those who are destined to meet despite time... More

Little Summary + Author's Note
"The Legend No. 1 of the Red Thread of Fate"
Prologue
Chapter 1: She
Chapter 2: Unexpected Help
Chapter 3: First Encounter
Chapter 4: She's Beautiful
Chapter 5: The Models
Chapter 6: Fascination
Chapter 7: Second Encounter
Chapter 8: Another Part Of Her
Chapter 9: Third Encounter
Chapter 10: The Invitation
Chapter 11: Rivals
Chapter 12: Japan: First Date (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Japan: The Date (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Small Details
Chapter 15: Japan: The Date (Part 3)
Chapter 16: First Kiss
Chapter 17: Sisters
Chapter 18: Lauren Jauregui
Chapter 19: The Same Coin
Chapter 20: Temporary Agreement
Chapter 21: Harajuku (Part 1)
Chapter 23: Harajuku (Part 3)

Chapter 22: Harajuku (Part 2)

168 15 1
By laflor777

**SUGGESTED SONG: "In Your Arms- Nico & Vinz"

"Love is something that just happens, it cannot be foreseen, nor can it be prepared. Love is simply the work of destiny."
-Your writer (Ana5Harmony)

FLASHBACK

AN HOUR BEFORE

"Your friend and mine seem to get along very well," Normani said looking at Dinah sitting next to her outside Lauren's office. Ally had had to leave the place along with Shay to continue the test, not without protest from Shay.
On the other hand, Dinah had requested to stay to know how Camila was doing, to which Normani had agreed.

"It worries me that the two of them are alone so long," Dinah said softly. "Lauren Jauregui is such a self centered woman."

"Hey..." Normani said softly. "I thought it was clear from what we talked about yesterday that Lauren wasn't all bad."

"'All bad,'" Dinah repeated wryly. "I know she's your friend, and she's my boss, and I appreciate the opportunity. But that she is not a bad person, let me differ with you. The woman is a bloody Hitler."

Normani started laughing imagining the look on Lauren's face when she heard that. Surely Dinah wouldn't live to tell about it. Normani saw Dinah and smiled. She liked her very much. She was easy to talk to and she was very funny, she made her laugh so much.

She and Dinah already knew each other through work but hadn't had a chance to talk. So Normani could tell that they'd met the night before as they'd both decided to take a dip at the same time in one of the spa's pools. They had started talking some more and had connected immediately.

"Lauren also has a little heart," Normani said, defending her. "You should give it a try. She was very worried about Camila when the accident happened."

"Surely that's how she has her conscience after treating us so badly just for not having the same economic level as her.
She looked down on us like we were trash. But since Mila is stupid and crazy about her, she leaves it out."

"Crazy for her?" Dinah saw Normani raise a questioning eyebrow and took a deep breath, looking at her hands.

"Well it's kind of obvious that she likes her a lot," Dinah whispered, wishing she hadn't talked too much.

"I think it's mutual," Normani said, looking at her. "They're both openly gay and they're gorgeous. And if you are single, then enjoy, there is nothing better than traveling without having any commitment and just being happy."

"Lauren doesn't have any commitment?" Normani denied.

"Lauren is simply the most asexual person I know. Although women normally follow her like flies" she smiled. "You can't imagine the number of women who go crazy for those little green eyes that she has."

"Really?" Normani laughed.

"I've verified it by the clubs we usually go to," Normani smiled. "Many times she has to pretend that she goes out with me so that women leave her alone."

"You visit gay clubs?" Dinah said in surprise, and Normani smiled.

"Life is to be enjoyed... Why limit yourself?" Normani smiled. "I like men but I women also have their thing and it's fun."

"Have you been with a girl before?" Dinah asked nervously playing with her hands.

"Don't you think that's a very personal question for someone you barely know?" Normani said seriously, and Dinah saw her eyes widen.

"Forgive me if l offended you..." Normani started to laugh and interrupted her.

"Your face," she said without stopping to laugh. "I should have taken a picture of how shocked you were."

"I don't want to offend you" Dinah looked at her hands and
Normani smiled.

"I'm actually a very open-minded person," Normani shrugged. "One of my best friends is gay and I don't mind accepting that she has always made me curious and stuff.
But I haven't dated women before. I've accompanied Lauren to a few places but honestly she's not very good at parties. Neither did Ally, so she was often left alone."

"I feel the same way with Mila," Dinah said. "She doesn't like to party very much and she prefers to read or stay studying those medical books that she loves reading."

"Medical books?" Dinah nodded.

"Camila is studying medicine. She was going to start her internship year but she decided that she would start it after the trip. She really needs the money."

"I suppose that being alone with her little sister, she has to take care of many things and has many responsibilities" Dinah saw her. "I remember she mentioned it a few days ago when you helped us with the car."

"Mila has a kind and noble heart," Dinah sighed. "She is one of those friends you can count on all your life. She has suffered so much and she has known how to get ahead with her head held high and without losing faith. I admire her a lot and adore her. That's why I don't want anyone to make her suffer."

"I understand..." Normani said softly and stared at her.
"Look, I can't say that Lauren doesn't have her things because you know it perfectly. Nor can I defend her in many aspects. But if I know anything about Lauren, it's that she's very honest with what she thinks and feels. I'm sure she didn't lie to your friend. She is only your friend, right?"

"Of course, she's my friend," Dinah said, surprised by the question. "What else could she be?"

"I don't know," Normani said. "Many times friends fall in love with friends. And those things."

"No!" Dinah said, standing up in surprise. "Thinking of Mila and I in that aspect is almost a crime" Normani looked into her eyes while she continued sitting and crossed her arms.
"Mila is beautiful but she is my sister. We grew up together and her mother was my mom's best friend. I don't see it that way. How can you think something like that?"

"Hey, I just asked," Normani said, standing up in front of Dinah. "It was just curiosity. Do you also like girls like
Camila?"

"Well..." Dinah said uncertainly and she and Normani looked into each other's eyes. "I guess I'm just like you." Dinah shrugged. "I am a free woman who lives life as it comes."

"So you like to have fun?" Normani asked, smiling. "I guess I just found my new party friend. Today in the afternoon we have thought to go to Harajuku which is a street where you can find thousands of stores and places. And we can go party somewhere at night. What do you think, do you dare?"

"Of course I'd like to go." Dinah smiled. "Will she go?"
Normani looked amused.

"Lauren?" Normani asked, and Dinah nodded. "I guess she'll go. But we can bring her a date so that she stops being so annoying. If you and your best friend are interested in going. It would be fine company for Hitler."

Dinah smiled and Normani gave her a playful wink and at that moment they heard crying inside the office that Dinah recognized as Camila's. She met Normani's eyes and quickly headed for the door.

END OF FLASHBACK

"And that's what happened," Dinah said, touching her hands which Camila took between hers. "I said yes, hoping that you wanted to go to keep Hitler company. "

Camila sighed leaning back on the sofa with a goofy smile on her face and Dinah just watched her.

"Lauren invited me," Camila whispered tenderly. "She is simply the most beautiful woman in the world" She looked at her best friend. "She has those captivating eyes that drive me crazy. And her lips" Camila closed her eyes sighing-, "I would like to kiss her for hours and hours without stopping. I had never felt this way about anyone."

"I know you're excited about her because she's the first woman you've kissed and with whom you've had a little more contact," Dinah sighed. "Physically speaking."

"We haven't done anything more than kiss each other" they both looked into each other's eyes. "Today we just hugged and I am fond of her"-Camila sighed-. "Lauren could be the woman of my dreams. I know that for you I am acting irrational and I have even blinded myself a little. But with me she is different. She is not the monster everyone thinks she is. She is honest and different in many ways but I know that behind all of this, there is a sweetheart that wants to
come out."

"Are you sure Mila?" Dinah sighed. "Look, I don't want you to be mad at me or anything but...you're not confusing a little lust with love?"

"Lauren awakens new feelings in me," Camila said softly.
"She told me that she wants to sleep with me because she is sincere, and maybe not all people understood her but I do" Dinah's eyes widened in surprise at Camila's revelation.
"And I also want to be with her that way, Dinah," Camila said, embarrassed, lowering her gaze. "Just imagining what it would be like to have her in my arms and make love to each other drives me crazy" Camila's brown eyes that shone with each word went off-. "But it's not going to happen, because she says that I mean more than just a sex session. And because I don't want my first time to be with a stranger. If it happens, I want us both to be aware of who we're with.
That I know who Lauren Jauregui really is and that she knows me."

"So?" Dinah sighed. "So if you want to sleep with her."

"It's a possibility," Camila sighed. "I like it so much that I don't think I can resist it. But I have to try" Dinah shook her head, leaning next to Camila while they both looked at the ceiling. "You know that she told me that no one had hugged her like me" Camila smiled excitedly-. "It is one of the most beautiful things she has said to me. I gave her little kisses and tender caresses as she buried her face in my neck and gave me soft kisses. It was the most perfect thing I experienced in my life. It's like we both have a connection that keeps us from drifting apart. It is as if I feel that every day there is something that attracts me more and more to her and that no matter how hard I try, no matter how much I deny it, it is still there. As if I couldn't run from her."

"I'll be completely honest with you, Chancho..." Dinah said tenderly caressing Camila's face, who saw her surprised. "I want you to listen to me please" Camila agreed-. "I think that never in all the time that I have known you, which is many years, I had never heard you speak in this way" Camila smiled beautifully seeing her best friend excited about her-.
"You've never been so gay."

"Ohh shut up," Camila said hitting her with one hand while Dinah laughed. "I don't understand how I still think you can be serious," Camila said rolling her eyes when she heard Dinah laugh-. "You shouldn't laugh when you're accepting dates from women," she said, looking into her eyes. "Now tell me who's acting the gayest? Because I have been since I was a teenager."

"But you want to sleep with your ogre, while Normani and I will only be friends at parties."

"Well, we'll see how long your "friendship" lasts when she knows that every time you look at her photos I have to shut you up" Dinah looked surprised and Camila gave her a playful wink.

"I definitely did not see it coming." But she had to admit that Camila was absolutely right. Dinah couldn't deny it. Normani Kordei was attractive but Dinah was not gay.

Dinah looked at Camila who was slowly looking at Lauren's office and looked at the drawings that at first she hadn't noticed totally surprised thinking about the possibility that they were Lauren's drawings, or rather they were sketches of dresses. Maybe if she was acting a little gay, but she was in Japan and as Normani said, to have a good time.  A very good time.

WHILE IN ANOTHER PART OF THE STUDIO:

"Twenty thousand dollars!" Ally yelled loudly as Lauren crossed her arms.

"Any problem?" Lauren asked.

"Did you say twenty thousand dollars?" Lauren rolled her eyes. "In each one's account?"

"It's my money, Ally," Lauren said coldly. "And if you don't want me to go to the fucking bank myself to make a fool of myself and maybe deposit more money because I don't know how good this language shit is. I ask you to do it while I wait for the doctor to come to check on Camila."

"But honestly I don't understand Lauren," Ally said surprised as they listened to Narciso give directions. The two of them remained away from the catwalk while talking.

"Honestly, you don't have anything to understand." Lauren looked at her seriously. "Not when it comes to my personal money and not the studios. I want you to do it because I didn't trust anyone else to use my account number and that of Camila and her friend all over Japan. And I want it done before we go to Harajuku."

"I told you I would," Ally said looking at her friend. "What I'd like to know is why you're doing this for the two of them."

"Don't do it for the two of them," Lauren said, looking away, not wanting to meet Ally's eyes. Ally was her conscience, and if she was honest, the only one who could handle her character. "I do it for... I do it for Camila. Because she needs the money and because the only way for her to accept it is to give the money to her friend too."

"And what is special about this girl that you act that way for her?" Lauren sighed, thinking of what to answer. And Ally looked back, closing her eyes for a moment when she saw who had approached them.

"What's special about that girl is that your dear friend wants to sleep with her" said a voice behind Lauren that made Lauren tense up and Ally sighed knowing what was to come.

"I'm not going to turn around," Lauren said tensely. "But I want you to go right now. I'm going to fire you Shay, I swear I'm going to."

"You can't fire me because you didn't hire me," Shay said sarcastically. "So it would be good if you stopped threatening me and messing with my girl."

"She's not your thing," Lauren said turning around and looking at her coldly. "She's not some fucking trophy to be won. She is a woman, and I don't want to see you even two centimeters from her or I'm going to send you to hell, not even your own shit will know what to do with you."

"You don't know how scared I am," Shay said sarcastically. "You think I don't know what you're doing?" She looked at her fixedly. "I told you that I was interested in Camila and in some twisted way you have made her reject my invitations to go with you."

"I've only told her the truth," Lauren said, looking at her.
"I've told her that you're just a crazy bitch who enjoys trying to compete with me but you can't beat me. Because you're nothing more than a fucking slut looking to sleep with as many women as she can to display them as trophies in your infamous collection of sluts you sleep with."

"And you are different from me?" Shay said, staring at her. "I perfectly remember how years ago you agreed to be my partner for a few months to publicize yourself for being an openly "gay" designer and not ashamed. When all you wanted was to hide what a fucking bitch you are."

"But that's how bitchy I turned you down," Lauren said coldly. "Are you this angry because I didn't want to sleep with you?" Lauren smiled wryly and looked Shay up and down with a scornful look. "You weren't my type and you never will be. I'm not looking for sluts, and you're top that list."

"You're not a saint, Lauren," Shay said, staring at her. "I am your friend, but if you keep getting in my way I will forget the great friendship that unites us. You don't want me as an enemy."

"You're not my shit," Lauren said, staring at her. "You are absolutely nothing mine and you inspire me nothing. But if I see that you keep chasing Camila, I'm also going to forget that you're a poor fool who's only looking for someone to fuck and I'm going to destroy you. I don't want you to look at her, I don't want you to touch her, I don't want you to talk to her. I don't want you near her in any way. She is not a slut that looks for someone to sleep with. So she's not your type. She's also dating me" Ally's eyes widened, keeping away. "She's with me. Did you hear that?" Shay glared at her. "So I want you away from her. She's mine" Shay's eyes widened when she saw Lauren's passion. "If I see you near her I won't hold back."

"Lauren... Ally said and Lauren ignored her, looking down at Shay.

"Yours?" Shay looked at her coldly. "Well, we'll see for how long. I'm sure that when she sees the shit you are, she's going to walk away from you. Because with you she can never have anything. Nobody can love a block of ice."
Lauren clenched her hands at those words and saw Shay's eyes and her wry smile on her face and she took two steps ready to beat the smile out of her. But she felt Ally's hand on hers arm stopping her.

"Do you think she's really looking for something with you?"
Shay said with a laugh. "She is innocent and surely she has fallen into the trap of some stupid thing that you have said to her. But lies always come to light. And she will soon discover that a damn wolf is hidden inside that little lamb that you have shown her. No one can love you because you are worthless. You're just stupid with a lot of money and a knack for sewing. You're just a stupid poor thing that doesn't want anyone, that nobody wants her back, and that she's been very lucky."

"Get out of my sight," Lauren said between her teeth. "I don't want you to come near me or speak to me again, and listen to me, bitch." Lauren glared at her. "You can tell me what you want because I don't give a shit about your opinion. But if you dare to hurt Camila or make her feel bad, I won't speak for myself" Lauren, she spoke passionately without thinking about what she was saying and without analyzing it, simply feeling it. "She's with me now, she's not a fucking trophy. She's a beautiful woman and to me, she means more than fucking, which is what you're looking for from her" Ally caressed her arm sweetly and something in her heart clenched when she heard Lauren speak like that.

Lauren deserved love. Lauren deserved tenderness. Lauren was more than the abandoned girl who hated the world around her. Ally knew the truth about Lauren and hoped one day she would be the one to reveal it to her. She had carried that secret ever since Lauren's mother had cried heartbroken in her arms, when Lauren had forgotten her birthday dinner at her parents' house and had traveled to Canada. Mike and Clara Jauregui had gone looking for her and Clara had simply exploded and Ally had comforted her listening to everything she said. And since that moment, a year ago, Ally had kept it secret, hoping that Lauren would never mention it. Hoping that she would trust her and open her heart to her.

And now hearing about Camila something came to Ally's mind. Maybe she didn't need to open her heart to her, but with Camila, she hoped she would be different from her.

"You will never be able to give her anything." Lauren clenched her fists. "You don't love anyone. You don't even love your famous best friends. You hate the world, you don't even love yourself."

"But she chose me." Shay didn't know what to say and Lauren looked at her with a triumphant smile. "She prefers me. Just as you see me, self-centered, stupid, without self-love, she prefers me a thousand fucking times over you. She kisses me, she touches me. And I kiss her. She has the most perfect fucking lips in the world, lips you'll never be able to kiss as long as I'm alive. So now go walk the catwalk, that's your place. The place of a model whore who survives thanks to her friends. Because nobody wants to hire you, my dear. Nobody. So take good care of your work because if you talk to me like this again, I don't care what I have to do, I don't care how much money you cost me. I'm going to put your mediocre ass on a plane and I'm going to send you to hell."

And Lauren turned to leave Shay standing as she glared at her and clenched her hands tightly. Not knowing that she at that time had just won an enemy. An enemy who wasn't afraid to do what she had to do to see that stupid woman wallow in her own words. She was not going to leave. So Lauren Jauregui had to prepare. Because revenge is a dish that is served very cold. And Shay was just starting to prepare it.

FOUR HOURS LATER

Harajuku Street, Tokyo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

448K 30.4K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
738K 27.2K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
242K 7K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
138K 4.9K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...