Into The Blues

By Nash_Books

Elsie Grey, a high school graduate is all done with her life. A lonely teenager who never found a place for h... More

Character Aesthetics I
Character Aesthetics II
Ch 1 Normal
Ch 2 Pretty
Ch 3 Forever
Ch 4 Never
Ch 5 Broken
Ch 6 Pain
Ch 7 Ugly
Ch 8 Lost
Ch 10 Sister
Poem Of Fine
Ch 11 Change
Ch 12 Flying
Ch 13 NYU
Ch 14 Friend
Ch 15 Stranger
Ch 16 Satan
Ch 17 Trouble
Ch 18 Remorse
Ch 19 Calimity
Ch 20 After
Ch 21 Smoke

Ch 9 Same

40 11 11
By Nash_Books

Elsie

I woke up at 4:34 or probably should say, I got the urge to finally leave my bed after a whole night of crying.

Yeah, It's sad.

What should I say about me now? I am ruined.

I walked to the bathroom door, ignoring Anna lying there. She came home about half an hour ago 'drunk'.

My Mom was devastated. One after other her daughters are standing at her doorsteps at midnight in unexplainable conditions. I feel guilty somehow it's my fault too.
'I am sorry Mom'.

I think our fight made her mad or she just had a big blast for the last prom. Anyway, I don't care.

I went inside the bathroom and saw my reflection in the mirror.
For a second I didn't recognise myself. I couldn't believe this was the same girl who hours ago, received a bunch of compliments about her looks.

My hair was a complete mess. My mascara was all spread highlighting my dark circles even darker. And my eyes were sad, only sad.

How did I get here?
What did I do to myself?

•~~~~~•

"Fuck, Why isn't it, opening?" I cursed while digging my silver-painted nails into the lid of my favourite chocolate ice cream.

Ice cream is my cure for literally anything. I know it is not gonna work in this case but at least it will give me some redemption. I need the freezing chocolate in my mouth.

With a thud and the lid flying over the kitchen counter.
It opened :)

I walked my way to the soft velvet couch and switched on the t.v while stuffing a spoon full of ice cream in my mouth.

It's 2 o'clock in the noon. Mom and Anna left for their shift. I excused myself of having fever. Well, it wasn't a complete lie. I did get a good fever after soaking in rain for hours. But mostly because I can't face the place after last night. I cannot bear to stand in Fishy's again. At least not for now.

And yeah I am eating Ice-Cream in a fever. Sorry but can't help it.

I took the remote and opened the best show of all time 'The Vampire Diaries'.
I smiled a little as I tapped the button.

I still remember, How Clara and I used to watch TVD at night outs and even gossiped about it in the next class. We never got bored of it, watched it at least six times.

She was my only friend. Remembering her, tears started bubbling in my eyes.
This wound is deeper than anything.

No, Elsie. You are not gonna cry. I have cried enough.
She will always be my best friend even if she is too far from me now.

So, I gather my attention on the show. I and Clara always used to wonder if we got a chance to date 'The Salvatore brothers' who we will choose.
Clara was always crazy for Damon.
At first, Damon was my favourite too, well he still is but later on, I did choose Stefan.

I don't know but he always supported and took care of Elena. He was there for her in her worst times. He was perfect for her. I always wanted someone perfect like Stefan.

And I did got it. I got Adrian.
He was indeed the perfect boyfriend for me. Always loving, always caring, always stood with me, supported me even when sometimes I was wrong.

Well, at least now I can sympathise will Elena. I felt bad when they broke up. Now, I know why.

He was too perfect to be true.

And plus Delena we're destined to be together. No offence.

Like that, Everything was perfect with Adrian. It's like I am living a Cinderella life. He was my prince and I was his princess. I guess that is why I always thought I don't deserve him.

Because he was perfect and I was not.

•~~~~~•

The doorbell rang and I have to get out of my sleepy bed with a headache that is killing me. Looks like ice cream was not a good idea after all.

I managed to go down and opened the door. Mom and Anna came back from the restaurant.

"Hey, My baby how are you feeling now?" My mom hugged me and placed her hand on my forehead to check my fever.

"It's better, Mom" I lied.

"Doesn't look like it.
Mom!, look who ate the whole tub of ice cream". Anna smirked, complaining to my mom. To which I sent her an angry glance.

Damn it, How come I forgot to throw it in the trash can.

"Ohh, Dear. I told you not to.
Why don't you listen to me?
Come on now, sit I am gonna make soup for you".

"Mom, It's ok. I am fine.
You must be tired".

"Not tried enough to take care of you. Now sit". She took me to the couch and handed me a blanket. I unfurled it and took homage to its warmth.

After 10 minutes, Mom came up with a steaming bowl of carrot and vegetable soup.
My favourite.

Mom sat beside me on the couch and started slupring the soup to me. This soothed my sore throat. It also made me happy.

Although the break-up was the worst thing to happen. But somehow I got closer with my mom.

It's been months since she sat down with me like this. No complaints, but she was always busy in Fishy's. After all, someone has to run the house.

I looked at my mom who was lost in her thoughts. Sometimes I think I got this habit from my mom.

"What happened? Are you thinking about something?"
I asked concerned looking at her serious face.

"No..No, It's just something weird happed today".

I frowned, "What?"

"I saw something or I thought someone. Maybe."

"Like what?"

"It was like a shadow in the room. He was a tall figure.
I thought it was a customer.
But when I went to greet him, He was gone. I don't know somehow it felt familiar".

"That's strange". My mom saw a shadow of someone.
It's then I remember. Yesterday, I saw it too.
The someone who saved me.

Now, My mom saw it too?

Hell, I didn't think my town was haunted at all. But whatever that was, he saved me. And ghosts haunts,
Right?

"It was nothing, Mom.
You must be hallucinating again. Did you take your medication?" Anna came downstairs changed into her pyjamas.

My mom thought for a second, "You must be right, it was just a hallucination. I forgot to take my pills this afternoon".

Anna looked at her in disbelief, "Mom!, I gave it to you. You should take care of your health. It's not good".

Anna is right, my mom had been through a lot of mental health issues after aur dad left. I still can't imagine how she managed to raise us with everything. Guess, moms are superwomen after all.

She have to be strict to her medication. The doctor says she can show early signs of Alzheimer's if there will be any casualties. I can never see my mum like that.

"Sorry, Honey. I will take care from next time". Anna handed Mom her medicine box and took two pills.

"You always say that. What will you do when I will leave?" Anna hugged her and I joined too. My not-so-perfect family.

"I promise, baby. I won't".

Wait a minute. My mind hopped a cartwheel. What did Anna mean by 'when she'll leave'?

"What do you mean? When you will leave?". I asked her repeating the question in my mind.

Anna looked at me and frowned, "You don't know?"

Then she snorted, "Of course, you don't. When you even know anything? Always in your bubble". I rolled my eyes not again Anna.

"I am leaving for New York next week", Anna said.

•~~~~~•

P.S.: It was a simple chapter let me know, Which was your favourite part?

And which is your favourite ice cream flavour? ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 3.8K 52
Sage Asher just moved to Maple Town with his parents. He quickly befriends Caden Jones, the school's nerdy rich boy with a bad past in his family. N...
323K 7K 43
Lena Mercer didn't think the tables would turn upside down. An accident was all it took for the person who Lena loved the most to disappear. A mistak...
92 0 15
In the bustling city of Logan, Marie's world takes an enchanting turn when she crosses paths with an enigmatic stranger. Drawn to his enigmatic aura...
144K 12 1
Laini Lewis is starting to lose it. Her mum has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, her dad is shutting her out of everything, people are constantly...