The Royal Scandal | Prince Wi...

By Antoinette_II

The only royal role she would get to play would be Aurora in Sleeping Beauty. The future King of England had... More

The Royal Scandal
Act I ~ The Pawn
Part I: Send Off
Letters
Let's Celebrate 18
Shy First Encounter
You Again!?!
How Was Your Date?
I'm Fine
Tis the Season... But It's September
Delicate Forces
The Prophesied Fall
Royal Movies
Circa Regna Tonat
Down to the Wire
Finding Home
Here We Go Again
Good Morning
The Chase
The Start of Disaster
Unimpressed With Her
Hold Me Till Dawn
Late Night Calls
Unravelling the Web
The Prince and the Girl
She's Here With You
Can The World Crush Her?
Opening Night
The Fall
If You Love Her
The Flame
Ready For More
We Are Strong
She Is Power
Dance In Your Blood
American Royalty
Tonight We Can Dream
Our Star Crossed Love
Family Matters
Someone Unexpected
The Conversation
The Return
Part II: Homecoming
Welcome to Podunk Illinois
Miracles
The Lesson
Missing You
The Royal Screw Up
Wedding Bells
Oh... It's You
The Calm
The Storm
Give It Time
Enough
Big Change... Is Coming
Pride
Around and Around We Go
Are You a Winner?
Remembering Passion
Fallout
Testing
Interlude 2007-2009
ACT II ~ The Rook
Part III: Never a Bride
Space to Think
What We Do For Love
Sins of the Father
The Waiting Game
Easy With You
Play the Game
Sugar Plums and Wedding Bells
This Time Next Year
What Makes a Slyph
The Long Goodbye
The Introduction
Goodbye Jaclyn Webber
All That We've Come From
Here Comes the Bride
Like the Sun Has the Moon
The Duke and Duchess
Part IV: Next Chapter
Big News
Second Guessing
Broken Bodies, Broken Hearts
Flowers Help Heal
Important Questions
Pretty Pretty Girl
What's in Your Head?
You Misunderstand Me
It's That Time of Year
Not the Time for Christmas Cheer
Oh Baby
Guilt
Getting Back To Normal
Shock Factor
A Princess is Named
Act III ~ The Knight
Interlude 2013-2016
Part V: Commander Cambridge
Cause to Celebrate
Doing Good
Indomitable
Careful Where You Tread
Whispers in Corners
Milestones Pass By
Me? Plotting?
It's Like A Sport
Eyes on Me
Pretty Things
Snow Fall in Summer
Part VI: Old Wounds Leave Scars
New Addition
The Root of All Problems
Be Warned
I Have Thorns Too
Bruises That Don't Disappear
This Distance Between Us
Double Trouble
So It Begins
Stained Red
Is This My Legacy?
When Duty Calls
Leave Us In Ruins
Curtain Call
I Bleed Red
Rise From Your Ashes
Rose Colored
The World is Too Much
Old Memories
Turning Tables

An Heir for an Heir

5.8K 206 68
By Antoinette_II

December 30, 2012

Jaclyn Webber, The Duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a baby girl. The unnamed daughter is third in line to the throne. Both mother and child are doing well, Kensington Palace said in a short statement, but they will both remain in hospital overnight for the foreseeable future as the duchess recovers and the baby stays in the NICU.

The daughter of Prince William and Webber weighed 3lbs 1oz, making her the smallest royal baby in the modern age being born approximately ten weeks early. She was delivered at 9.52pm in the maternity wing of St Mary's hospital, London, by natural birth. The Duke of Cambridge was at the bedside.

"We could not be happier," William said in a statement. A Buckingham palace spokesman said the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are "delighted at the news". The prime minister, David Cameron, predicted William and Jackie will "make wonderful parents".

Famous landmarks celebrate as well, the BT Tower says "It's a girl" at the top, and fountains, London Bridge, Belfast Hall, The Golden Jubilee Bridge, and the London eye have all lit up pink.

-----

December 31, 2013

William takes their family down to the NICU, it's past visiting hours and there's one too many, but it's been such a long stressful day the nurse let's them through. Caleb goes first, walking up to the plastic box to look at his niece with piqued interest. She's tired and worn out and soundly sleeping, and he must sense that because ever so slowly he pulls his face back.

"She's small," he remarks, and William can't help but agree. The nurses have pulled a pink beanie onto her head and wrapped her in a diaper that's just nearly too big, and all of it together puts into perspective how small she is.

Michelle and Brad hover close to Caleb peering down at her with wonder and shrouds of lingering fear. Unlike his father they were here for the rush that was the emergency delivery, and he can see it in the drowsiness around them.

His father and Camilla come around on the other side to see, but a space has been left between them. A natural opening where Jaclyn would always go, but tonight their picture is incomplete. Suddenly it feels wrong to be sharing this moment with their family while she's still sick and in pain.

"She's precious Camilla," whispers into the air and everyone nods while Caleb surveys them like they're crazy.

"She looks like an alien," he deadpans. Michelle shushes them, but they all catch Brad secretly nodding his agreement with him.

His father smiles, so unfiltered and natural William tries not to do a double take. Lately he's been so tense, so stressed and worried about Jac and the baby, and then he was the one fighting to keep the press and media satisfied while they sat in the hospital. "I'm sure you looked like alien too, I know William did."

"No I didn't."

Michelle rolls her eyes, gently grabbing Caleb by the shoulders as she leans down to kiss his cheek. "Oh you most definitely did, but I loved you anyways." They all laugh and William tries to fight the guilt crawling inside him that his wife can't be with them.

-----

January 3, 2013

"She's beautiful," Jaclyn hums, setting her eyes on her little girl for the first time in three days. It took that long to fight off whatever infection she had making sure it didn't develop into something worse and life threatening like sepsis. But during those three long days she was quarantined to her room, surviving on the brief and blurring image she had of Amelia and her family's updates as they visited her throughout the days.

When she's cleared William immediately takes her to the NICU, pushing her down the halls in the wheelchair she's stuck in until her body recovers.

Amelia's on an IV giving her fluids and antibiotic, a nasal cannula to make breathing easier, and a feeding tube has been inserted.

Now looking at her through the plastic box, under the bright lights that make her skin seem even more red, Jaclyn can finally see what's really going on. Her tiny limbs are spread wide like a starfish as she sleeps peacefully, and Jaclyn has to arch up from the wheelchair to see.

"She refuses to be swaddled," William explains, leaning down to rest on the handles of the wheelchair.

Jaclyn hums again captivated by the little girl who yawns around the wires hooked up to her. Her legs kick and slowly her eyes blink open. Tiny blue eyes staring out into the world, and Jaclyn can't help but wonder how scary it must be for her.

Without warning William is pulling her forward, stretching her arm up to the incubator until her hand rests inside. The muscles in her arm tense, fingers turning to nimble branches as she hovers over Amelia who squints at her hand peculiarly.

William's gripping her shoulders, massaging circles in a futile attempt to make her relax, but still her hand hovers. It's only when tiny hands reach up and lock around her thumb that she relaxes. Amelia's eyes roll back and she snuggles against her hand, yawning with a squished face that makes both parents laugh.

"You told me she cries a lot." She side eyes William giving him a pointed look. He just rolls his eyes. "Don't look at me like that, this is the first time I've been in here and she hasn't cried."

"She takes after you then."

"I don't know what you're insinuating-"

"I was a perfect baby according to my parents, and even your grandmother has told me how wicked you were." He scoffs, but does not deny the statement. It's not what she expected their first moment at a family to be, but it's perfect all the same.

Someone clears their throat, and Jaclyn's head snaps up without tearing her hand away. A nurse, one of the nurses who attended her is on the other side of the incubator. "Would you like to hold her, Your Royal Highness?" She asks with an excited smile, and all Jaclyn can do is nod around the choked surprise caught in her throat.

It seems like a chore lifting Amelia up without disturbing the wires, but the nurse manages with William's help who maneuvers around like a pro. The top flap of her hospital gown is unbuttoned exposing enough of her chest without exposing herself to the other few families in the NICU.

Amelia begins to fuss, kicking her scrawny legs as she's moved from the comfort of her bed. On instinct Jaclyn reaches out, helping the nurse guide her baby down to her chest.

There's a brief second that lingers in the air before she's put down that Jaclyn worries she won't know what to do. That she'll take this precious little girl and do something wrong, hurt her in some way. But then she's there and she so naturally curls up into a ball with her head arching for her mother's heart.

And Jaclyn just holds her, hands gently cupping her just because she has to and there's something so natural about it.

"She knows who you are," William points out once the nurse leaves, "She's done nothing but squirm for everyone else."

Jaclyn shrugs, but her eyes are down despite the awkward angle. "I wonder why." But she knows why, or she can assume why.

For the last seven months they were practically one person. She's holding the only person in the world who knows the unfiltered rhythms of her heart. For both of them it's like a sense of coming home. She fought to make it here, carried through battles no one could see at the betrayal of her own body, but it's all worth it now.

For the first time in a long time she feels absolutely sure everything's going to be okay.

"We'll have to announce her name soon," Jaclyn sighs, turning to William who's sat down in a chair beside her. Because now that she's here and thriving it's time to face the world she's been born into.

The other families in the NICU know them, they know her, but everyone's signed NDA's keeping them from sharing information with the public. Still the tag on the front of her incubator only reads: Princess of Cambridge.

"My parents didn't announce mine or Harry's names until they left the hospital."

She gives him a look, one that makes his eyes crinkle as he smiles despite the topic. "She won't be able to leave for a few more weeks. We'll have to give out something to satisfy them while they wait

It's sinking in that they're responsible for someone else, someone who can't pitch in ideas or vouch for herself. She's obliviously relying on them to make sure she gets through each day, and it's enough to make Jaclyn want to crawl up and keep her from the world entirely. It's safer within these walls, where no one but family can come near.

But it's an unfair thought. There's a nation of excited people praying for them just outside. People who sang happy birthday to an unnamed princess while they waited in the cold. People who are excited to see the beginning of a future queen.

"I'll tell Jamie to put a statement together," William sighs, leaning closer to rest a hand on his daughters small back.

-----

January 6, 2013

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced that the new royal heir is named Amelia Elizabeth Diana. She will officially be known as Princess Amelia of Cambridge.

Royal experts have chimed in on the name choice. Obviously Elizabeth and Diana were selected to honor both Prince William's grandmother and mother, but very few bet on Amelia as a first name.

"It was very popular in Hanoverian times, so I'm sure it's a way to honor the princesses of the past. I think more importantly it's the English version of Jaclyn's German middle name, Amalia."

Jaclyn Webber's parents were spotted leaving the hospital this morning after the announcement was made and her mother reassured the crowds that both the duchess and princess were doing well. When asked who the baby resembles she laughed and said, "It's too soon to tell."

Her father stayed back more keeping a watchful on their son and Jackie's twelve year old brother, Caleb Webber. He did quietly but sincerely thank everyone for coming.

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall also arrived for another visit not long after. It's said St. Mary's has a rule about how many people can visit in the NICU at one time and William and Jaclyn are adamant about following the rules.

"It's splendid news, we're all so relieved and grateful," The Prince of Wales explained while Camilla shook hands with everyone waiting to see the Royal baby. "I'm afraid you might be here awhile," she joked, but everyone remains in light spirits.

-----

"This is definitely different."

William tries not to glare at his father as he allows Amelia to rest across his chest. She started to wiggle her way under his shirt using it as a second blanket. Around them the NICU is silent except for the pulse of machines watching over all the babies. They couldn't force parents to leave just because they wanted to be in there, and William would never want to, but the presence of his father walking in was enough to make most people depart to the far corners of the room.

"What's different?" He asks despite already knowing the answer.

"All of this. I don't think your mother and I left the room once when you were born. Anything we needed was brought to us." He looks around apprehensively at the people around them, it's not that he's uncomfortable around the people, but he's not used to his family being so openly exposed.

"And what you're doing, I never did that."

"So that's where it all went wrong."

His father glares, but softens when he spots William's hand gently cradling Amelia's head. She sneezes, her nose scrunching as she looks up at him as if annoyed. "I don't mean it in a bad way."

William continues to laugh at Amelia, her soft cheek squished into his chest like she's pouting. She looks more human today, less red and wrinkly, and he takes it as a good sign. "We're going to do a lot of things differently."

"Do I even want to know?"

"Probably not."

They continue to sit in silence and eventually Will hands her over to his father, watching with a content smile as she huffs and kicks. "Squirmy thing," his father mumbles, but he still holds her graciously with a happy grin.

Moments like these make it easy to forget about their problems. They just nearly blend into the walls with the other father and sons. The camera crews are so far removed it's easy to think they're not there for them. That they're not there at all.

"Will," His father starts nervously after putting Amelia back down, "I don't want you to get upset or take this the wrong way..." he trails off, glancing around checking for lurking ears, and gestures for him to follow out into the hall.

William hesitates, not wanting to leave his daughter alone. Not while her little eyes are open and lost in the world around her, but his father is a firm presence over his shoulder. The reminder of responsibility, of the situation that goes on beyond the safety of the hospital. He sees it in the sudden cold color if his face that this is a firm issue.

Just as he is his son, he's his heir, and just as Amelia is his daughter, she's his heir as well. These discussions though unpleasant are a part of the job, and for better or worse protect them all.

"We're all very thankful both Amelia and Jaclyn are doing well. You have no idea how happy this makes me, but I want to prepare you for what people are saying." His voice wavers in the empty hall, and it's the first time in a long time his father has seemed so puzzled.

"Jaclyn's brother-"

William's voice growls, something animalistic twisting in his gut. "Bloody hell-

"Just listen," His father snaps, tension flooding his shoulders under the blazer he's wearing. His eyes turn dangerously sharp on his son, but looking through the window back to his granddaughter he softens. "I'm trying to protect all of you."

William, unlike times in the past, believes him. Perhaps it's sad to be so apprehensive of the man who raised him, but there's things he'll never be able to forgive despite his love for him. He does good by the people and for his image, but will screw the rest of them over in the process and it's just something William's come to expect.

But now? Now, he's tentative around Jaclyn, always having a soft spot for her, and gazes upon his first and only grandchild as if she's opened the world to him.

So William nods, relaxing against the wall in silent compliance for his father to continue, but his arms cross. A defensive position so he's ready to quickly and quietly shoot anything down. "People are talking. They're worried about... Amelia being like Caleb."

His fist grips, the one that was just running over his daughter's thin wispy blonde hair, and he jumps off the wall. "What people?"

"Who do you think?"

The courtiers of course, and he's close to hitting the wall. The thought that he had to trust his daughter to those twisted people makes him sick, but the fact that they talk about her without him there makes his blood run cold.

It'll be up to him to teach her who to trust, how to maneuver and get what you want without ruffling feathers. He'll have to teach her the worth of a crown and how to keep it once it's hers because when it he won't be there anymore to help.

"It's something we'll deal with if it comes up, but right now she's healthy and she's strong and that's what people should be concerned with," he scowls, never more thankful for his separation from the courtiers and other nobles.

For a second he longs for Harry. Not because his brother is particularly graceful with these conversations, but because he would shrug and brush it off with a scoff. "Who cares what they think," he would say, "I'd tell them where to stick it."

Harry puts things in perspective, he has more freedom with his choices, and less reason to care. Nonetheless he would be an outlet for William to confess his frustrations before he let them loose carelessly on the world.

"There's laws put in place, abdication, regency, we'll figure something out, but we also don't know anything, there could be no reason for their concern. If I hear anyone utter anything about my daughters health or my wife's family they'll regret it." His father nods in understanding, but something in his eyes is flashing like a warning.

"How about we go check on the women." And with that he starts to walk away.

-----

January 13,2013

They make a routine in their new normal over the next two weeks as she waits for her strength to return. Slowly she uses the wheelchair less and less with someone helping her to walk slowly around her room and the halls. Amelia grows too, her weight increasing and her breathing and reflexes becoming stronger.

She pumps breast milk in the morning which gets put into the feeding tube, and spends as much time as she can in the NICU cleaning, holding, staring. Whatever she can at this point.

There's a silent support system between all the parents. The moms share every milestone in the pumping room, and cry over little setbacks. They all smile when a family successfully gets to leave, and hope for everyone else. Some stay for days while others have made camp and are ready to weather the storm.

It's a harrowing experience coming in one morning to one mother sitting in one of the numerous chairs. Her hand rests atop the plastic incubator that was for her son, but her eyes are scorching through the wall. The heart monitor no longer breathes, and the blood pressure monitor is cold.

Her husband stands beside her, but his vacant eyes are fixed on the swaddle that no longer moves.

Jaclyn pivots on her foot nearly colliding with a woman behind her, but words are impossible so she shakes her head hoping everyone else will understand. They do. It's a part of their language.

Later in the day she comes back with her mom and Caleb hot on her heels. He's only allowed to see Amelia at certain times of the day, and he's already taken with his niece. She allows them to go over and sit by the incubator where both of them just like to sit and watch.

The woman is still exactly the same, so unmoving Jaclyn doubts she's breathing for a second. The incubator is noticeably empty, and the nurses hover unsure of what to do. No one wants to force a grieving mother away, but the space will soon be needed.

Before she can think better of it Jaclyn walks over on wobbly ankles. She's been in this situation so many times it should be easy. Consoling parents, holding orphaned children, cleaning rooms just like this one.

However, she knows now what it's like to have a tether around your heart, to have a little hand grip yours, to feel in all the inconsumable ways like a failure. Her past words seem so shallow and uniformed now because she can no longer promise it'll get better.

Still she walks over and pulls up a chair. For a minute, maybe three, they sit in silence

There's no speech prepared or things she's been told to say. Her pretty dresses of armor are gone, leaving behind a tired relic in sweats with beachy hair tossed to one side. She doesn't look like the duchess she's supposed to, and she knows the danger in that. Like this she feels real. The makeup and jewels were a reminder to herself of who she had to be, but here she's dangerously free.

"I thought he would be okay, isn't that foolish?"

"It's not." Her voice is not the soothing cheerful tone it once was, and there's no set smile for the woman who finally speaks to her.

"I almost wish he died immediately. It feels worse to have known him for a time than to not know him at all." She turns and it's the first movement Jaclyn's seen from her. Now her dark endless eyes point towards her with the threat of swallowing her whole, and without knowing her at all Jaclyn feels responsible for reaching in and saving her from the depths. "Does that make me a horrible person?"

Jaclyn feels her head shake, but her words have turned to ice in her throat. Would she feel the same way if she lost Amelia tomorrow? Now her heart says it's better to know her for a time than not at all, but her heart has not known the loss all the same.

"I'm envious of all you, I wish I weren't but I am."

She swallows down her own feelings of confusion and fear, and gently reaches out to take the woman's hand. "That's okay, don't minimize those feelings. Take all the time you need to feel this way."

Her eyes close, a slow inhale rising in her chest, and she squeezes Jaclyn's hand back. "I guess I got too hopeful, the doctors said he would be fine. Even though he was born at twenty five weeks..." The tears start to fall like water to a flower and before she can crumple over Jaclyn catches her.

It's an awkward and heavy position for her still healing body to hold, but she does it. The nurses continue to linger, ready to kick the pair of parents out, but they won't dare come near with Jaclyn in the scene. If there's one thing she can do it's be a shield, she has no sword to fight, but she can silently stand her ground and be the rook in the game of chess.

-----

Getting closer to the end of journey in 2013 and then we'll jump to 2016. Obviously we're gonna get out of the hospital and I have a few loose ends to tie up concerning her work with dancers and their health, but then we get to jump and we get to see the real action happen!

Also I know I said this awhile ago, but I'm planning on putting up act dividers some time today or this week because I finally have an idea for them! I think it's pretty genius but maybe I'm crazy, all of you should check them out though and see because they may clue you in on future stuff.

Like always let me know what you think, and maybe anything you want to see as we go forward!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 481 24
The newly widowed Prince of Wales interviews young Lady Diana Spencer for the nanny position to take care of his young sons. Since losing their mothe...
77K 1.8K 24
The story of the sleeping beauty has been told time after a time. A beautiful princess cursed to sleep forever. A handsome brave prince that rescues...
82K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
1.4K 305 25
Long ago when princess Ginny was born, a dark wizard Voldemort cast a curse so she will die on her sixteenth birthday. But instead, another wizard Al...