Forced II: Whatever Happens

By ShoamEmily

Sequel to 'Forced'. If you haven't read the first book, please do! This book won't make sense if you don't. ~... More

Hello Everyone!
Chapter 1 - Six Months Later
Chapter 2 - Walls Will Crumble
Chapter 3 - 3:33 AM
Chapter 4 - Grounded
Chapter 5 - The Unexpected
Chapter 6 - Do You Remember?
Chapter 7 - So Wrong, But Feels So Right
Chapter 8 - Early Surprises
Chapter 9 - Leo
Chapter 10 - Focus
Some Explaining to Do...
Chapter 11 - You Take My Breath Away
Chapter 12 - Hawaii 2.0
Chapter 13 - The Call
Chapter 14 - Visitor Hours
Chapter 15 - Getaway
Officialy On Hold/Author's Note
Chapter 16 - Ghosts From The Past
Chapter 17 - Rise Of The Dead
Chapter 18 - Promises & Frustrations
Chapter 19 - Not-So-Happy Birthday
Chapter 20 - Revelations
Chapter 21 - (Un)Easy Like Sunday Morning
Chapter 22 - Homecoming
Chapter 23 - No Holding Back
Chapter 24 - Wedding Bells
Chapter 25 - Catching (Old) Feelings
Chapter 27 - Doubts
Chapter 28 - This Time Is Forever
Chapter 29 - Safe Place
Chapter 30 - Care Enough To Bear Me
Chapter 31 - London
Chapter 32 - Happy Times
Chapter 33 - Stressed
Chapter 34 - Worlds Apart
Chapter 35 - Behind The Scenes
Chapter 36 - Show Time
Chapter 37 - Show Time II
Chapter 38 - Show Time III
Chapter 39 - Aftershow
Chapter 40 - Together, Always
Chapter 41 - Family Trip
Chapter 42 - Alpine Descend
Chapter 43 - Ups & Downs
Chapter 44 - Italian Bliss
Chapter 45 - Pumpkin's (Rough) Patch
Chapter 46 - Good Treatment
Chapter 47 - Breaking Point
Chapter 48 - Blame It On The Sun
Chapter 49 - Christmas Miracle
Chapter 50 - The Unknown
Epilogue - Ave Maria
Epilogue II - June 25th
Author's Note - The End Of An Era
New Oneshots Book!

Chapter 26 - Unsolved Problems

376 19 37
By ShoamEmily

10th of October, 2008
Michael is 50, Angela is 44, and Jake is 45

Jake: I parked the car in front of the guest house at Neverland.

Michael was waiting for me outside, pacing.

"Mike." I called. He looked over and hugged me.

I was surprised, to say the least. He didn't really talk to me the whole time I've been here, only when necessary or when Angela would make him come along with her.

"All good?" I asked.

"Yeah," he pulled away. "Sorry, I got nervous. You were late and the last time you drove all the way from LA alone was- You know..."

"Right... Where's Angie?"

My best friend rolled his eyes at her name. Woah, I wonder what happened.

"She went to sleep. Said she was tired."

I heard laughter from the guest house, followed by Eric's voice.

"I told the kids you were leaving tomorrow, they asked to spend the night with you. Try not to talk about it too much, Lily was kinda upset... She cried earlier." Michael sighed deeply.

"Thanks, Mike. You're the best." I went in for another hug.

He patted my back, "Javon will be here around 3 AM to take you to the airport. We can't come, I have some things to sort out with Angela."

"She's mad, isn't she?"

"A little."

"So a lot." I cracked a smile.

Michael nodded. "It's fine. I'll talk to her when I get back."

"Sorry if you fought because of me."

He waved me off, saying that it wasn't my fault.

"She thinks you should've told Lily and Eric, 'take responsibility', you know?" he explained. "But I didn't want them to be more angry with you... They would have been more disappointed if it came from you. Angela's just being stubborn as usual."

The door to the guest house opened and out came my kids.

"Daddy, come on!" Eric urged.

Michael went to leave, but they called him back so they could give him a tight squeeze.

Lily whispered something in his ear, making him chuckle. "Tomorrow, I promise. We'll read until you fall asleep, okay? Have fun and don't go to sleep too late. I love you."

The way their little arms held him tight warmed my heart. There was no doubt he loved them like they were his.

But it soon turned into the bitterness I knew all too well. I quickly shook it off.

Michael placed a kiss on each of their heads, then they went back into the house. His eyes looked dead into mine as he stood up.

"I don't care what happens in Alaska, you have to come back, Jake. I'm serious. We can't- I mean, they can't live without you again."

"I won't leave them, I swear."

We hugged again and he headed to the golf cart. He seemed off, like something more was bothering him.

"Wait, Mike," I said. "I can tell something else is wrong. What is it?"

My best friend rubbed his temples, looking hesitant. "Angela said something about us... I really don't think she meant it because she's angry right now, but it hurt."

"What did she say?"

"She talked about why you didn't come back the first time around, when you remembered who you were... Then she said, and I quote, 'he could've saved me a lot of suffering if he came back then'."

"Shit." I mumbled.

"Yeah, 'shit' is right. And you know me, I get defensive... I immediately fired back. I called the wish you made stupid, and told her I had enough to take care of without taking her in." Michael looked down in shame.

"Jeez, Mike. Do you always go at each other like that?" I sighed.

"We did back when we first got married. Now it's mostly foreplay..." he laughed to himself.

I had to cringe at that.

He cleared his throat. "Sorry... I don't even know why I said it, because I don't feel that way at all... Sure, we had a rough start when we agreed to go along with your wish, but we have such a good relationship now. Angie's the one person I truly trust, Jake. I can talk to her about anything and everything... She stuck with me through so much, I seriously don't deserve her."

"Don't worry about it," I said. "You just told me you can talk to her, man. So talk to her. If I know Angela, she's probably beating herself up about it right now."

"She probably is. Gosh, I'm so stupid."

"Just go and apologize. I'm sure she'll forgive you in a second."

"Thank you."

"Of course, Mike." I said. He promised to come see me before I leave, then drove off.

I went into the guest house, dreading this last night I have to spend with Lily and Eric.

~

Angela: I put the book I tried reading down for the millionth time.

All I could think about was Michael, and how badly I messed up when I said what I said.

I was hurt from what he said, too, but I knew it was definitely my fault. I wasn't thinking before speaking. It probably was triggered by whatever problem I had with Jake leaving.

The clock on the nightstand read 10 PM. Maybe I should go look for Michael.

I got up and found my slippers, then walked out of our bedroom. Neverland was so quiet; our children were sleeping, the staff finished up an hour ago and probably went home.

The living room was empty except for Javon who walked by, probably doing his nightly patrol.

I really tried walking back to avoid him, but he already saw me. "Angela!"

Turning around, I sighed. Michael isn't going to like this.

"Sorry, Mrs. Jackson," his eyes rolled a little. "How are you?"

"I really don't think we should be talking, Javon..." I said.

"I don't see Mr. Jackson around, so I think we're safe."

Scoffing, I was about to leave again. "Don't try him, Javon. He has enough on his mind right now."

He grabbed my wrist gently, catching me off guard. I snatched it away quickly, not wanting to cause a scene.

"Javon..." I warned.

"What? Why can't we talk anymore? We used to talk a lot six months ago, Angela." Javon snapped.

"You know why."

He came closer, a little too close for my taste, and looked down at me. I backed away immediately. "Do I still make you nervous?"

"Javon, stop. Seriously."

I heard the front door opening, making him step back. Michael appeared in the living room doorway.

He looked between the two of us, squinting his eyes a bit. Shit.

"I was about to call you," he told Javon. "Jake has to leave by 3. Here. The car he used is at the guest house, make sure it's back in the garage."

My husband gave him the car keys. Without even acknowledging me, he headed towards the bedroom.

"Angela-" Javon started, but I already went after Michael.

When I got there he was inside the master bathroom. Still not looking at me, he started taking off his clothes so he could get ready for bed.

Is he really that upset with me?

"Michael, please talk to me. I'm really sorry about what I said..." I begged.

He finally looked up. My heart was racing when his eyes met mine, and he crossed his arms over his chest.

"What did Javon want?"

"That was nothing. He tried talking to me. I didn't let him, I promise."

He simply nodded, turning to his sink to brush his teeth.

I came over to him. "Please, Michael..."

He spit out the toothpaste in his mouth before his arms snaked around my waist tightly.

My husband hid his face in my neck and I sighed in relief. He's not mad.

His hands found their way under the silk shirt I was wearing, rubbing my lower back soothingly.

"I'm sorry." both our voices collided together.

He chuckled into my neck and started placing small kisses. "I will never regret agreeing to marry you, Angie. I hope you know that."

"I do... I'm sorry for what I said, Mike. It slipped out. I was really upset about Jake leaving and-"

Michael shut me up with a kiss. I moved my lips against his, never wanting to let him go.

His hands that were still inside my shirt went down to my pants and he started to remove them.

"You're the love of my life, Angela." he confessed. He unbuttoned my shirt and his lips found mine again.

"Mike..." I let out a moan when his fingers played with my nipple. His other hand traveled down my bare leg slowly. "Stop teasing, please..."

I grabbed his briefs and peeled them off, ready for him. But he only took us to the bed, laying me down.

He was about to go down on me when Leo started crying.

"Damn it..." I groaned loudly. "I'll go."

"Just let Grace take care of it, Ange..." Michael kissed my inner thigh as he took off my panties.

Gasping, I held onto the sheets, just waiting for him take me.

Soon enough, I was moaning his name over and over.

~

I played with Michael's hair as we were lying in bed.

The sweat curled his straightened hair, the little black curls sticking to the back of his neck.

"What?" he smiled tiredly when he caught me staring.

"I'm just admiring you, that's all. I love your curls... Why do you keep straightening your hair, again? It was really curly when you woke up from the coma, Mike. I love it like that."

"It's easier to manage when it's straight," he shrugged. "Look at Rose. Grace keeps struggling with hair styles lately... Poor girl, we are not paying her enough."

I made a face, "Rose's hair is beautiful. And so is AJ's, and Leo's and yours. Keep the curls, please..."

"Anything for you, Angela." he kissed me. I rolled us over so I'd be on top of him and kissed his chest lightly.

My husband sighed, "Ange, we have to go to sleep... I wanna say goodbye to Jake before he leaves."

"But I need you, Mike..." I whispered, ignoring what he said about Jake.

"No, you're just trying to distract me with that beautiful body of yours, and it's not gonna work right now. We need to talk about Jake."

"I don't want to talk about him."

He pulled away and gave me that disbelieving look again. "Angela."

"What? Let me be mad in peace, Michael. I'm not going to talk to him, if he wants to leave, that's fine by me." I scoffed.

"He said he won't leave Lily and Eric again. He promised to come back."

I rolled my eyes. "He promised me he'd come back five years ago, too."

Michael's face softened. He let me go and sat up, the duvet covering his lower half. I just looked as he was deep in thought.

"There's nothing I can say to convince you, huh?"

"Nope. I'll call him at some point, but right now I'm pissed and I don't want to talk to him. Okay?"

"Fine." he huffed.

"Thank you. I love you." I leaned up to kiss him, sitting up in the process.

"Me too, Angie."

"So," I said into his mouth, and let my hand travel under the covers where his crotch was. "You wanna go to sleep?"

He only smirked, "Not anymore, I guess."

~

20th of November, 2008
Michael is 50, Angela is 44, and Jake is 45

Jake: I laughed into my phone as Eric told me about his day.

"And then Tyler took the ball from the other team," he said excitedly, referring to a friend from school. "He passed it to me and I scored, daddy! I won the entire game."

"That's amazing, buddy! What did you do to celebrate?" I smiled to myself.

"Coach took us all for pizza and then dad came to pick me up with Prince and Blanket. We had to go try on suits for uncle Luci's wedding."

"Did you find anything good?"

"Yeah, and mommy was all over me when we got back and showed her. She said I was handsome and looked like you."

"Eric, baby, it's bedtime soon!" Angela's voice was heard faintly.

"Okay, mommy!" he said back.

I cleared my throat. "We should probably hang up soon. Is Lily there, buddy? I wanna say goodnight to both of you."

"I think she's in the library with dad, reading. She never puts those books down, daddy. All she ever does is read! I tried asking her to play with me a couple days ago and nothing." Eric complained.

"Hey, give her a break, Eric. Let her do her thing. She doesn't have to play with you." I told him.

"But it's not fair. She's either stuck with a book all day or hangs out with Paris or our other brothers and sisters. I even started talking about you but all she did was tell me she's busy."

I frowned at that. My son and I talked at least twice a week, while Lily only ever said 'goodnight' once in a while.

I've been away for over a month now, it was killing me.

Maybe if I had stayed and disobeyed orders Lily wouldn't be upset with me.

Captain Bailey, along with our base General, came to an agreement with me; I stay on base for three months at a time, then I get to go home for a month.

Only six weeks to go.

Just then, Martinez walked out of the bathroom with a goofy smile on his face.

"Eric, I gotta go... " I said into the phone. "We'll talk tomorrow, okay? And cut your sister some slack. I love you, buddy. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, daddy! Love you too." he hung up.

"Was that Eric?" Martinez asked, making me nod.

I sighed and put the phone down. "Yeah."

He was the only one who knew where I went for a whole month, and the only one who knew about my situation other than my superiors.

"Are they doing good?" my friend questioned.

"Mmhm." I nodded.

"Great," he got into the barrack above me. "Now can you shut the lights off? We gotta wake up in five hours."

I rolled my eyes and did as he asked, trying to fall asleep.

~

The day was as normal as can be. We woke up, had breakfast, and did our duties around the base.

After being free at Neverland for an entire month, I started hating this daily routine. I also missed California like crazy, especially with this chilling weather and the early nights here in Anchorage.

The only thing keeping me sane was my talks with my kids, and Kim. When I told her that I was going back to Alaska, she was thrilled. We couldn't actually see each other that much, but we had our second date a week ago when I went for my monthly trip to town.

It really was amazing; she was amazing. We ended up going to her place after lunch... It was everything I hoped it would be.

"Hey, soldier! How was your day?"

I opened her text and hurried to write her back. "Same old, same old."

"Call me tonight?"

"Of course."

Grinning, I looked at Martinez who sat across from me, showing him the texts.

"Nice, Parker. Still got game, huh?" he laughed.

"Not really, but she likes me for some reason." I said.

He threw his head back as his laugh got louder, "I don't get it."

I hit his shoulder, and Kim texted me again.

"Great, can't wait."

~

Michael: Angela had her feet up on my lap and reached her hand out for the popcorn that I held.

We were watching 'Rush Hour 3' in the theater after all the children fell asleep.

"Hey," I held it away from her. "You said you didn't want any."

"Michaelllll." she whined.

"What, babe? It's my popcorn." I said.

"And I want some."

"Ask nicely."

She rolled her eyes, "Can I please have some popcorn, Mike?"

I took a few kernels out and started throwing them at her. She immediately shielded her hair. "Ahh! Stop, I washed my hair this morning!"

Ignoring her, I kept going. She took her legs off my lap and charged at me, grabbing the bowl of popcorn.

Next thing I know, she dunked the whole thing on my head.

My wife laughed victoriously, "I win."

"And to think all I wanted was to enjoy a nice movie with you." I sighed.

She giggled, picking out the popcorn from my curly hair. I finally granted her wish a couple weeks ago and decided to stop straightening it.

"I think it's time for bed," Angela yawned after we tidied up. "I have a long day with Lisa Marie tomorrow."

"Right, I forgot about that." I said.

I was planning to talk to her about the tour tomorrow. My manager and I met up with AEG and went over what it is they are offering exactly.

It was a single location tour, most likely in Europe, and I would be doing ten shows or so. I told them I'd give them an answer soon.

"I'm so excited," Angela smiled as we walked back to the main house. "We're going for brunch, and some shopping, then I'm meeting the babies. She emailed me some pictures, they're so cute..."

"I'm glad, Angie. I told you Lisa Marie's fun." I tightened my grip on her hand.

"You always have to be right, don't you?"

"It's because I am."

My wife groaned, "Why did we walk, again? The house is so far..."

"Always complaining." I nudged her ribs.

She let out a shriek, letting go of my hand.

"Nuh uh. I am not doing this tonight, you already got my hair dirty." she said and stepped away.

I grabbed her by the waist, pulling her as close as possible. There was that spark in her eyes I loved so much.

My wife reached up to kiss me gently. "Come on, let's go."

She took my hand again, leading me back to the house.

~

21st of November, 2008
Michael is 50, Angela is 44, and Jake is 45

Angela: That morning I got ready as fast as I could, so I'll be able to help Grace with the children before heading to LA.

Michael kissed me goodbye, telling me to have the best time.

The drive lasted longer than expected since I decided to drive myself. Michael didn't love the idea of me going alone, so he insisted on sending Adam to meet me there.

My phone rang just as I entered Lisa Marie's gates, and I saw the all too familiar 'J'.

I hesitated before answering, not really wanting to talk to him.

Even over a month later, I was still upset that he left. We only really talked when he called to check up on Lily and Eric, Michael was even talking to him more than I was.

Unwillingly, I pressed the green button.

"Yeah, Jake? The kids are at school-"

He cut me off, "I know, I'm calling about Eric. When we talked yesterday, he said Lily hasn't been... Nice to him lately. I got worried... Are they doing okay?"

I scrunched my eyebrows. What? Why would Eric tell Jake and not me?

"Of course they are. What did he tell you?" I asked.

"That she doesn't give him any attention anymore... He also said that she never wants to talk about me." he answered.

"Well, what did you expect, Jake? You left right after she got you back. Why would she want to talk about you?" I snapped at him.

"Angela, please. Just talk to them for me. Eric seemed really concerned about it, and I am too."

"Fine, but it'll have to wait for when I get back home," I looked up to see Lisa Marie coming out of the house. "It won't be until after dinner time..."

"Thank you. And again, you know how sorry I am for leaving. I didn't want to."

Lisa Marie opened the passenger door and took a seat. "I gotta go. I'll call when I talk to them."

"Hey, Angela." she smiled brightly.

I hugged her. "Hi, Lisa Marie. You're looking so good!"

"Don't feel like, honestly, but thanks," she laughed. "I am hungry, though, so we better go."

Nodding, I drove off to our brunch place, hoping that we have a good time.

~

A little author's note for you guys!

We are obviously treading into 2009 territory, and without spoiling anything, I hope you'll like where I'm taking it.

There are so many new chapters coming! I'm so excited for you to read them.

Love you ❤️
~ShoamEmily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 944 44
It all started with Isabella, almost hitting Michael with a car on the way to dance lessons. It just so happens that they're both going to the same d...
226K 5.3K 63
**This is the FIRST book, the SECOND book in called The Baby Pact** Nicoletta, Delilah, and Kassidi are three fifteen year old friends who find thems...
1.7K 66 12
Just a book for fun! Some extra chapters/ideas I wanted to write for my characters.
4.1K 143 3
⚠️ Copyright © 2021 by IntenseArt. This is an original story. All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in...