Serendipity

By AnaMusicalMystic

Taekook au where a wannabe single father Taehyung gets in a beef with the 'modern royals' because supposedly... More

Serendipity
Siblings
Family
Divulgence
Encounter
Impression
Good news(?)
Let's Pretend
Rumour has it
Glimpse of Serendipity
Epiphany
Partners
Cavalcade
Proximity
Fools in Love?
Shadows
Bitter-Sweet
Past and Future
Unknown
Union
Whispers
Random Serendipity Taekook
Amour
Visage

Trepidation

112 14 0
By AnaMusicalMystic

The visit to the hospital was apparently a big public affair since it was Taehyung's first public appearance as one of the regals, that too for charity. It was all very atypical for him. And it made him anxious. The thing was there were going to be at least 20 kids lining up to meet them, shake their hands, HUG THEM. And the interaction was supposed to be happening in the hospital lobby (a place where Taehyung's worst nightmares belonged), in front of a lot of influential spectators. A lot of unknown people were going to come their way, greeting them, asking them questions. And the security guards around them were not going to do anything to prevent this intrusion, as it was an approved interaction. But he couldn't back off now, could he?

He was deep in thought even while they both were being dressed as per the guidelines given by the spokesperson and were provided with a list of rules and protocols they needed to follow. Jungkook seemed to be okay with it, as for Taehyung, he was struggling, not just with remembering all those rules, but also with holding himself up. So while in transit and once they reached the hospital, he was constantly clinging to the only source of comfort he had there. His fiancé, the Prince. He kept a steady hold on his arm; not just for the act, this time.

And Jungkook could sense it, too. He could sense the nervous twitches, shiver in the fingers, the demanding pressure on his arm. No matter how much the prince loved teasing the scientist and making him squirm due to irritation, he didn't like seeing him in discomfort. So to ease him a little, once in a while he would just squeeze the other's hand, rub his back gently or simply put an arm around him to keep him closer. Frankly speaking, even the prince was not very used to such visits. It was a rare occurrence for him as well. The only time he did such visits was when he had accompanied the queen or his sister. Never had he ever been asked to make an appearance alone.

Well, having the image of the notorious prince, nobody ever expected or rather wanted him to make a solo appearance. And the reason he had such an image was a story for another time. But deep down he truly wished that people didn't believe all these rumours about him, so blindly. As they approached the hospital lobby, he pulled Taehyung by his arm even closer; this time, for his own comfort. Sighing deeply he made his way in where people, cameras and people behind the cameras were waiting for him.

At the end of their visit, everything went surprisingly well. He did have to stop Taehyung from excessively using his hand sanitiser a dozen times, and also had to stop him from almost telling a kid that 'how Santa is not real and how he cannot make him better soon.' And let's not forget the time when Taehyung almost lectured a staff about their lack of knowledge in microbiology. But all in all, it went well. No harm done, Jungkook saved the day. He decided to give himself a pat on the back once they would be done with a small press appearance about the visit. They were made to sit in the director's office while Ms Chung briefed the reporters.

Meanwhil,e Jungkook thought about updating Taehyung about how the reporters can get, and how to dodge the questions politely,After  years of being subjected to controversies, he had learnt this at least.

"Tae, I just wanna give you a heads up that the reporters can get a little loud, they tend to shout question after question and many of them are not even relevant to what we are doing here. Just hold on for a bit, okay? So far you have done well. Just a few more minutes and we will go home, yeah?"

Taehyung looked up from his phone a bit, his face contoured in concentration. He just nodded silently as if he didn't fully understand what the prince had said. He was not one to use his phone very often but he did seem like he was engrossed in something, too deeply. It confused the prince a little but then he thought perhaps it was because of too much social interaction Taehyung must be behaving in such a way.

Right then, Ms Chung walked to escort them to the press meet outside. She sure was nervous as she knew, as much as she had instructed the press about staying on point, they sure will throw some random questions. Knowing the prince's image in the media and the scientist's lack of patience; she was scared about the amount of work she will have to put in the next few days.

As soon as they reached the podium set up for the Q & A, the cameras went off. The prince automatically held onto his fiancé's waist gently, grounding him through all the flashes coming their way. And the other also leaned into the touch just naturally. This whole interaction didn't go unnoticed by the paps. Ms Chung mentally gave herself a high-five, knowing well how this little thing is going to create a positive impact in the public eye. But her joy wasshort-livedd as a few minutes into the interview and the questions already started to drift towards the uncomfortable territory.

"Prince Jungkook, it's your first time visiting such a place on your own, how does it feel to step out of the shadows of your grandmother and sister?"

Jungkook tried to hide his scoff with a smile.

"I am still not big enough to step out of anything so loving and nurturing. Rather, I'll gladly stay in those shadows forever because that's just how significant both of these ladies are for me. And I am not here on my own, to be honest. I am proud to stand here alongside my fiancé, Dr Kim Taehyung."

"You hadn't made any press appearances since the day the nation lost its beloved princes. So how are you coping with that loss? And how are you planning to fill the void created by the late princess's sudden demise? Is the baby-to-come going to  replace the nation's favourite Princess?" Another reporter asked, trying to hide the tone indicating the ill intentions behind the question, but failing.

"Pardon me for what I am about to say, but my child is not coming into this world to fill any void, or to replace anyone. I don't even think that void can be filled by anyone or anything. My sister, Joana has always been irreplaceable and she will always stay that way. So will my child. This baby is going to be born because both me and my partner wanted it, and not because of some political ploy. We indeed are happy that the child will carry a part of her, but that's out of love and kindness she carried and no other motive is involved." The prince spit out, trying his best not to lose his cool. This time, his fiancé came to his rescue and held him gently throughout the conversation.

But before they could recover from this, another more disturbing question landed their way. Which caught Jungkook completely off guard. He was sure it was going to blow up in his face. Because not just the question was a sore spot for him, but the person who was asking this question was also someone he never wanted to see in his life ever again.

"Dear Prince, It was announced just yesterday that your former partner, Sata Hiroshi, is set to marry your second cousin Kim KyungMe, next month. What are your thoughts for the lovely couple? Do you plan to attend the wedding? I mean it's the tradition for the whole royal family to attend it. But do you think it would be awkward?"

This reporter didn't even try to hide the contempt in his voice. Jungkook was fuming inside but at the same time, he was upset because this is not something he ever wanted to talk about publicly. He hadn't talked about it to Taehyung yet. Hell, he hadn't talked about it to anyone but his sister yet. Not that he had any feelings for Hiroshi anymore, but it still hurt knowing what had happened behind his back. It was a sore topic and he knew he would snap if he answered this one. But he was saved(?). Because instead of him, Taehyung answered.

"Aaah, if it isn't the curious Mr Lee! Hope your new job is treating you well and fulfilling your hunger for the 'right' information Mr Lee, because it seems like some facts are misplaced in your questions. Hiroshi was never Jungkook's partner. A good friend indeed but not anything beyond it. Because if you check the timelines of those rumours and yesterday's announcement, Hiroshi was already dating Ms KyungMe then. So unless you want to publicly accuse the would-be groom of cheating, you should check your facts. Also, to state the obvious, Jungkook and I are absolutely thrilled with the news that two of his dear ones are finally tying the knot. We would be absolutely delighted to be part of each of the functions, in fact, we are going to be the hosts of it as part of the first royal family. Please keep both of our families in your thoughts. Now if you may grant us leave, we have some wedding preparations to lead."

Jungkook was shocked, and he was staring without even knowing. So he let the other drag him out of the venue while Ms Chung hurriedly took the stage again. She was shocked too. But she was sure it was of a good kind.

When they were seated in the car and Jungkook could finally shake out of the trance, he asked the scientist,

"How?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I want to know how you know about Hiroshi. And even Lee."

"Grandma told me. She thought I should know, just in case I encounter any of them. It's been a few days." The scientist answered, matter of factly.

"But… she doesn't know all this…"

"Well, she does. I don't know how, but she does. Maybe because she is the queen or maybe because she just simply cares. But she's the one who told me. And not just that, a few minutes ago she even texted me about what I should say if questions like those arise. So that we can keep the cover." He clarified. But it made the prince's face dim a little.

"Oh ok… Then thanks, I guess." He muttered and sat through the whole ride, silently. And as soon as they arrived at the palace, he took off to the far opposite end of the wing, where his bikes were parked in the garage.  But his sudden silence and departure surely did make the scientist anxious, even worse than the hospital visit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 395 30
After the tragic death of his father, Taehyung's only aim was to either gain the justice from this country or taint his hands in the blood of his fat...
34.3K 1.4K 18
[COMPLETED] TAEKOOK DRAMA CHEATING (not taekook) MAFIA FLUFF MENTION OF RAPE AND ABUSE HAPPY ENDING Jungkook married his boyfriend who he was in...
21K 1.1K 34
"I'm pregnant and I don't know who the father is" Where Park Jimin is pregnant and he is trying to find the father of the child on his womb with the...
57.1K 2.8K 32
kim taehyung is kept in prisoned in his too big for two people home by his over protective father. jeon jungkook gets the life changing news that he...