Raahein

By love_yashi

Ambition and Desire can make people do unbelievableable things. The obsession with your dream can create unre... More

Character Sketch
02- The Best Hitler Of The Best Sarkaar
03- Rule Is A Rule Karan
04- How Time Changes
06-Love Can Unravel The Every Impossible, Possible.

01- Welcome Back, Karan

1.7K 131 170
By love_yashi

Bangaluru,
Karan's Residence.

Karan looked up at the stars as he sat on the ground with his arm outstretched. He smiled as he looked at how content and happy everyone seem to be. His new family was good-hearted; thats his books, chai, and as long as cases coming. Everyone was so kind and loving, however there was always a but in this sentence.

He was happy, he was somewhat content, but was he truly in peace? At least he thought so. But he missed his Randhir bhaiya, he did. He missed him so much extent where there is not even a day when he doesn't think of his Randhir bhaiya, how would he be, how was Pranay bhai, his ringmaster of his countless pranks, he missed his sweet Tamatar Pratha.. he missed them if only Randhir Bhaiya hadn't done all those. If only he had the guts to call him. if ----------

"Tring Tring"

He gave a boring look at his phone only to see that Akshat was calling.

Akshat Arora- Bestfriend of Karan Bajaj Stays In Mumbai.

It was past midnight and Akshat being awake surely meant that something was either bothering him or something is terribly wrong. Nothing good can ever keep Akshat from completing his sleep.

"What happened are you fine? DID SOMETHING HAPPEN."

"Karan, calm down, you idiot. I am fine like a gazel star. Nothing happened."

"So, why are you calling at night."

"Just like that." Akshat said casually, as if it was normal.

"Just like that.?" Anger rose inside me. This idiot. How can he call me in night just like that.

"Are you mad.. Akshat? You know how tensed I was? I know you're an idiot but you dont need to make it obvious everytime."

"Arey baba, I knew you were awake.."

"How do you know that?"

"Because I saw you online, on whatsapp, Dummy. And also ya pending office kaam kar raha tha."

"Same yaa, sometimes i feel more then me my books are tired with me."

"Yeah, after all handling you is a tiring job Karan; now you understand why do I sleep so much?." Akshat said rasing his imaginary collar

"Ohh shut up. You dont handle me. I'm not a kid.. it's you who needs to be handled.. you're forgetful one. You're the one..:

"Actually, nobody can handle us brother. It has always been randhi-." Akshat stopped in between. He realised what he was about to say. A cold silence prevailed on their phones.

Karan just stared blankly.

"Randhir bhaiya? am I right? You miss him? Dont you Akshat."

"dont you miss him karan.. I know you do."

"Why he did that Akshat?.. I hate him so much for that." karan said with hatered in his voice and tears in his eyes.

"He didn't did anything wrong Karan. He loves you, and so too khush. you both are his kids, idiot. Whether you agree with this or not, the fact remains the same."

"Pranay bhai, ya Pratha di Kisne bola tujhe, yeh gyaan baatne ko. Wait, aren't they with you right now? This phone is probably also on speaker. Right, or I'm right."

"None. Moron, koi nahi hai. Most importantly, you are arriving soo. Aur sunn mere bhai, bhagawan Ke liye, do not hurt that kid. Please."

Karan hummed.

"Bye Akshat. Tomorrow is a big day and I need to sleep too."

"Arey aaj pheli baar Karan Bajaj mujhe sone ko keh rahen hai.. aaj toh suraj kahin aur se hee uthne wala hai.."

"You and your bad Pj's! I seriously pity, Pranay bhai."

"Yeah shut up! dont think youre some cool dude, okay? If I have learnt anything from you then it is how to make bad Pj's."

"AKSHAT ARORA, you want extra working hours. I can call Pranay bhai."

" No, i want to sleep! See you tomorrow, darlo. Bye idiot."

"you mo-" before karan could say anything, Akshat disconnected the call.

Akshat turned around and stared at randhir.

"He is coming bhai." Randhir nodded and smiled before giving harshad a hard blow.

"I dont cuss bhai. Yeh karan." He urged getting up. but, Randhir had already left.

The Bajaj Sadan, 8 A.M.

The residence was an attraction for those who frequently passed by. The villa was exquisite in its etiquette and expressive in style. The mansion looked to be in wholeness as it embraced the sun's rays, whose edges and curves made it bedazzling like a diamond. The villa's beauty was made more appealing by the vibrant orange-yellow colour in the background, which contrasting with it.

However, the silence was just only for a few minutes since the prince of the that mansion was quite loud.

"Bhaiya, wake up..."

"Hmmmm" Randhir stirred in sleep.

"Bhaiyaaaaaaaa"

"Hmmmmmmmm"

"Bhaiyaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmm"

There was a "Bhaiya" and a "Hmm" competiton going on between those two. It was who likely said it louder, won the compition.

"Bhaiya, please wake up na." Khush, urging his bhaiya earnestly to get up.

"Hmmmm, two minutes.. na, Khush please."

"Who said you had to go at night for work, workers strike pe chale gaye the, nahi na!! Joh chale gaye truck unload kara ne.. jaise aapke bina toh truck unload hota hee nahi." Khush said, taking on the role of Randhir's mother.

"Just two minutes, Sarkaar, please." Randhir moaned in despair as his beauty sleep was getting away.

"Bhaiya, wake up now, its freaking 8 A.m, and I have loads of work rather than waking you up...... Bhaiyaaaaaa" Khush shouted on top his lungs, almost piercing Randhir's eardrum.

Randhir startled by the loud voice and woke with a jerk. He looked around cluelessly to find his not so adorable brother pulling on a cute angry face.

Well truth to be said, more like Karan's mini version.

"Khush, yar, what the fu-"

"Ram ram ram, bhaiya how can you say that too in front of a kid," Khush said, closing his ears, feiging a cute act.

"Seriously, A Kid? And how does the kid knows what that word means." Randhir said pulling his ears in return.

'Oww. I know everything, Mr. Randhir Bajaj." Khush said with a sly smile, stretching his name.

"Wapis bol mera naam, I'm what, speak again." Randhir said, twisting his ear more tightly.

"Ouch bhaiya, neend khuli nahi ki hitlergiri shuru kardi. Subhe subhe baache ki jaan loge kya," Khush said, rubbing his ear. He had replies ready at his tongue to all of his questions.

"Sarkaar," Randhir teased, squeezing him.

"Hitler," Khush teased back, being no less than his brother.

"Okay, you won; now leave it and tell me what other jobs you have besides pulling pranks on people." Randhir inquired, suspicious, knowing his brother's pranking mind.

"Thats a suprise. I ain't gonna tell you anything. Okay fine, I can say that my suprise is---- SURPRISE" Khush said with a small smirk.

that smirk pissed me off for real.

"but- fine. Dont tell, but is there someone who know abouts it?" Randhir questionned, looking at khush's pleading face because he knew one more time, he was going to blurt it all out.

"YUPPPP. Do you wanna take any guesses?' Khush said challenging Randhir.

"Huh? Tell me, no."

"No, I'm not going to be this easy on you, you'll see it tomorrow... and now I don't have time to sit and joke around with you."

Khush jumped out of bed and ran down to the living room after saying this. Randhir looked back at his retreating figure.

"Khush, dare you slide from the stairs, again. Lag jaayegi yaar, ruk I'm coming" Randhir shouted out of concern, for his shapeshifting monkey brother.

"Yeah, Hitler, I am not a kid." Khush shouted back.

"Yes, Sarkaar, you're a kid." Randhir said stating the past records.

"Yeah, whatever I know you suck at maths." Khush said, teasing his brother.

"Aacha, teri toh, abhi batata hun tujhe." Randhir climbed out of bed and ran behind to catch his giggling brother.

Randhir picked up his brother, piggybacking him around and laughing their heads off. He was so content with his Khush... he was glad to keep him smiling, and that was enough all the sad memories for him to be happy.

At evening!

Pranay and Pratha were each giving the cake one more touch, but aside from that, the kitchen was probably an absolute disaster thanks to them.

They were both gazing at the cake they had baked and then at each other, uncaring with their messed-up faces. Probably doing a Victory dance rather than a blank gazing.

In unison, Randhir and Khush said, "What the hell?

"Mere bina cooking!"Khush said, Randhir glared at Khush, but it was pointless as he was marching furiously in their direction.

"Cake?" Khush said, his eyes widened in desperation. His jaw was dropping seeing the cake.

Pratha and Pranay smiled broadly and nodded.

"Yaar aap logo ne akele, mere bina cake banaya .. mera wait bhi nahi kiya.. PKP team ka leader hun mein. LEADER. And you didnt wait for me. Fine I'm not talking to you guys." Khush said.

"Arey baba, its surprise for you. Aur waise bhi yeh tere hitler bhai, ki galti hai, le gaya tujhe assignment karane."Pranay said removing his appron.

"Khud toh professor ko aanke dikha- dikha ke hee chup kara deta tha." Pranay said, and Randhir chocked on his breath.

"Saachi Bhaiya. You were a brat, haan. Mein toh phir bhi shareef hun. Thats not fair Bhaiya." Khush spoke while snooping at his brother, who was giving him a death gare. Khush immediately shut his mouth.

"Stop glaring at him, Randhir. Khush yeh ek assignment nahi karta tha aapna. Tu bhi mat kiya kar. Aur yeh daraye na apni aanko se. Then call me, 24/6 at your service Sarkaar." Pranay replied, flinging his apron at Randhir, who picked it and threw it back in his face.

"24/6 kyun, 24/7 kyun nahi?" khush said out of curiousty. Randhir was almost going to chop his friend off into peices.

"Ek din toh iss hitler ko bhi dena padega na? Warna lal tamator ho jaayega, jealousy mein." Pranay said as he wiped his hands on Randhir's shirt.

REDICULOUS!

"That's enough Pranay." Randhir said, staring at him annoyance as if he had expected him to shut his mouth.

"Arey maine-"

"Pranay one more word from your mouth I am going to slit it into your throat." Randhir said with a butter knife and a cute pout.

"Bigad mat mere SHAREEF bacche ko aur. Or tum bhai-behen insaano ke tarah khana banana kab seekhoge." Randhir said, with an angry look on his face but all the three just ignored him.

"Khush, you're not going to have this. And you already know he's diabetic. Still, this. what the hell-" Randhir said, pulling back Khush hand. He pouted.

"What's wrong with you, Mr. Fit?" Pranay interuppted

"It's jamun cake, Randhir. People who are diabetic are advised to eat blackberries. And also its good for non-diabetics. " She said. raising her eyebrows with a smirk and soon turns into a evil smile.

"Awe! My super smart pratha di, you're great." Khush said, taking her in a side hug. Pratha smirk growing larger every minute.

What would I do without this woman in my life? My saviour bhalla di!

" Aur mera kitchen, Pratha? " He stretched his hands on the floor. "Halat dekho kitchen ki, and what heck did you do with my coffee?"

"oops, it slipped. Ah, the poor sink. " She said, it pretty lodly. So that it hits his useless brain. NUTCASE.

"YOU-"

"Bhaiya cake khaiye na. Yeh hitlergiri baad mein dikha lena-" Khush interrupted as he couldn't wait anymore for the cake.

"dont be such an over smart my dear sarkaar & you MY Pratha teacher, you want continue job without teeth? because if I see those teeth out for one more time, I'm gonna pluck each and everyone out of your socket. understood? Randhir complained, while the two hi-fived.

Pranay froze at the word 'My pratha.' From When?

Pratha simply gave him a scowl and sat behind Khush, contentedly munching the cake.

While Randhir is just staring at Khush and the way he eats... Don't even ask! GOD! He didn't even look like an freaking adult. He was eating as if he hadn't eaten in a decade. DRAMATIC KARAN. KHUSH*

Randhir quickly shrugged those thoughts out of his mind.

"On earth Randhir" Pranay said to me with a chuckle.

"Wh-what" Randhir asked snapping out if his thoughts.

"You zooned out." Pranay chuckled again.

Randhir suddenly became stern and looked at Pranay, "counter top abhi bhi saaf nahi hua hai, you better clean it off from that."

This answer pissed him off for real.

"What happened? What are you planning?" Pranay asks with his eyes pointed towards him.

"Close your rubber mouth for at least once." Randhir whisper, clenching his jaw, and pulled him into a corner.

"Kya hai khush ke liye suprise plan kar raha kya?Aur tune mujhe toh kuch bataya hee nahi. Kyun? Spill the beans. NOW." Pranay asked in whisper, curiousity all over the face.

'Karan Is Coming today." this one sentence from Randhir was enough to puke the whole water.

"WHAT? HOW? And How the f** did I not know about this? and first, you idiot, wipe off that smile." Pranay started.

*****After 15 minutes

He finally stopped cursing Randhir and found some time to take oxygen in and release carbon dioxide out yes! he spoke out long."

"Why are you staring me like a duck? he mocks him. He was in no mood to play around.

"What does you mean by duck. huh?' Randhir fired back angrily. the banter continued.

-----

At night.

Khush Pov

I was sitting on my computer with the codes I was working on and still couldn't concentrate much. Hours passed, and I could feel someone was touching my face. Giving me light slap to be precise. I was immediately got up into my senses. It was bhaiya.

"Khush, take a break bachaa. You look like a swollen tomato. Chal uth." Randhir said while trying to make him smile.

"Aur yeh kya Khush how many times I have told you, to keep a journal, beta. Par nahi! Meri toh koi baat nai sunni tujhe-" Randhir said while assembling up the fallen papers on the floor. Khush hugged him before he could even scold him further.

"Bhaiyaaa.'

"Yeh sahi hai! Kuch bolun toh lecture lagta hai, Sarkaar ko. Daatun toh hitler lagta hun. And pyaar se samjhaun toh bhaiya." Randhir said and Khush chuckled back.

"now stop smiling like buffoon. chal aaja neeche, I'll make your favorite milk." randhir said.

"Yaayyyy! mein abhi baas yeh hee demand karne wala tha." Khush stood up and pulled his one cheek.

"Par phele assemble these papers in proper order. Okay?" Randhir handed him. Khush frowns.

HUH! HITLER!

Khush headed downstairs and Randhir was preparing his favourite.

Khush put his hands on the counter to which he loooked up.

"Khush, tujhe yaad hai na, tujhe mujhe surprise dena hai, you remember it right? Codes ki tarah mera surprise bhul toh nahi gaya na." He said this while churning milk.

"How can I, when there is a constant reminder in the house? No doubt, bhai, you sulk more than I do." he said, rolling his tongue.

"Nahi, I was just saying. As kya pata mere suprise ke baad you forget yours. So just being cautious" he so casually replied, leaning beside the counter, small smirk playing on his lips. I knew it would take a few seconds to sink in for him.

"Come on, Maana I forget things at first. But yaad bhi aajata hai. Baas thode time ke baad. Aur aapke surprise se toh-." Khush screeched to stop and looked him in his eyes.

Randhir's smile became even more wide.

"SURPRISE? AAP!" Khush said. His sentence hung mid air. And his eyes widened so large I thought it would pop.

So there's my brother's tubelight brain was lit brighter. He pauses for a second, looks at me and walk towards me.

"Start spilling the beans, bhaiya. And when did you make your plans? And how come I don't know?" Khush asked, his face flushed with curiosity.

"Get some patience and calm down," Khush sat up straight immediatly giving me quite scare.

"What calm down? You are giving surprise! Batao na bhaiya. Please." Khush tried to maintain as much innocence as he could in order to get details from me.

Now was the time to display my Ocsacr acting skills. Khush thought.

"Oh Ranjni Kanth I'm not going to make you wait 24 hours like you did, just a few minutes more." Randhir said, this while pouring soymilk into two glasses.

"Par-"

"Khush baas, I told you na time, right!" Khush pouted.

"chal now have this!!." he gave him the glass.

Khush POV: Bhaiya got a call and he went to attend it. I was still laying on the sofa waiting for him. There was a compelete slience around me and I could hear the sound even if there was. It was exactly the same sound. the sound of his .. aHH! The sound of bugatti! buggatti veyron.

"Bhaiyyyaa" Khush screamed.

"Haa"

"Isn't that your Bugatti Veyron sound? What's heading on, Bhaiya? You never let me drive your Jaan, and how come you're standing here so casually-" he said keeping glass down.

Before Randhir could go and reply him, Karan was already inside the home.

"Welcome, Karan." a deep voice echoed in the smoothest way possible. Khush looked at him puzzled while turning back.

After being frozen for another minute or so, Khush came running and squeezing the life out of Karan.

Karan was shocked by the sudden hug. He tried to pull him back but was stopped by Randhir's one stare and slowly embraced him.

I know it wasn't going to be easy but life isn't always about playing nice was it?~Randhir thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- Please vote, comment and let me know how was the chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 2.3K 39
Homecoming is a beautiful feeling. But for Atharv Sethi it proves to be exactly opposite as he returns to the home, to the family he never knew exist...
13.2K 887 11
Four Brothers and One Sister! A sister who stayed with her mother away from her brothers. She saw and went through enough in her life at a young age...
192K 15.5K 53
This story is of a boy Who is devoid of emotions .. He has nothing in his life apart from hollowness... he dont beleive in Family anymore.... he did...
35.5K 2.2K 21
Having Family is a boon......... Aravya, a beautiful peice of innocence never had one.She lived with only her mother who loved till the depths. But...