The Bad Batch and the Last Pr...

By PhoenixBunny456

Predita is a planet in the furthest length of the galaxy's outer rim, out past even that of a Navarro. Kyla... More

Chapter One: Clone Force 99!
Chapter Two: Predita Princess Kyla Obrit!
Chapter Four: On the Wings of Keeradaks!
Chapter Five: Princess Turned Warrior!
Chapter Six: Order 66!
Chapter Seven: A Liability?
Chapter Eight: Target Dummies!
Chapter Nine: Traitors!
Chapter Ten: Escaping Kamino!
Chapter Eleven: Cut and Suu!
Chapter Twelve: We're A Family!
Chapter Thirteen: The Feeling Is Love

Chapter Three: CT-1409, Code Name: Echo!

120 3 0
By PhoenixBunny456

They traveled through hyperspace and Anakin checked out Crosshair's gun. Kyla sat in a chair beside Hunter where he was looking at some things on the display in front of them.

"So, how many missions has your team been on, Sergeant?" Anakin asks.

"Honestly, sir, I've lost count. All the action sort of blurs together." Hunter explains.

"I know you work with Cody sometimes, but who do you guys report to?" Rex asks.

"Hmm, good question." Hunter replies, "Can't say I've got an answer."

"Yeah!" Wrecker states and the ship shakes before a beeping noise is heard.

"That... didn't sound good." Kyla states.

"We are approaching Skako Minor! It looks to be a difficult landing!" Tech exclaims. Everyone buckles in to brace for impact. Tech flew them through the stormy skies as a creature flew after them. It was difficult to see anything. They landed though even in the middle of the storm.

"Rex, what do we know about this place?" Anakin asks.

"On this part of Skako, there's a race of locals, the Poletecs. All we know is they're very primitive." Rex explains.

"Primitive is being kind." Tech replies, "My intel says the Poletecs worship flying reptiles." They get attacked by a flying reptile in question and it is revealed to have a rider on it.

"Oh! What the heck was that?!" Wrecker exclaims.

"One of the reptiles!" Tech exclaims.

"I want that thing off my ship!" Hunter exclaims.

"Hold on! Hold on! Don't just run out there." Rex exclaims and quickly gives a plan. They all headed outside and looked up at the rider.

"HEY! GET OFF THERE!" Wrecker yells out.

"Hey, calm down. We need to talk to them." Anakin states.

"Why?" Hunter asks.

"The general is right." Rex replies and more show up.

"Watch out, Rex!" Anakin states. The leader flies towards them and his reptile grabs at Anakin and Kyla. Hunter tackled Kyla to the ground but Anakin was grabbed. Anakin ended up dropping his lightsaber. Rex starts firing at the flying reptile but they vanish into the storm.

"I have a thermal reading." Tech explains, "Point two-five east, elevation 175."

"Relax, I'll handle this." Crosshair explains. He uses Tech's shoulder as a stand and fired a grapple onto the creature.

"What are you doing?" Rex asks.

"Going for a ride." Crosshair states. Kyla grabbed onto Hunter before they're both sent flying.

"Why did you grab onto me?!" Hunter asks.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time!" Kyla exclaims. Hunter shoots at the reptile. They dangled and the reptile tried to shake them off. They flew a good distance. Hunter looks at Kyla.

"Hold onto me!" He exclaims as she already was. He unhooks them and they crash to the ground when they were brought about two feet off the ground. Kyla and Hunter crash to the ground and roll a little. Hunter ended up on his back, holding onto Kyla. He held her head against his chest.

"There." Kyla states and they both jumped up and ran the rest of the way after the reptiles on foot. They found their home. They stared down at the reptile's landing.

"Tech, I'm with the general. Hone in on my signal." Hunter radios. They sneak off. Hunter was impressed with Kyla's movements. She was good at stealth. The team catches up.

"That creature still has a hold of the General." Crosshair states as he used his scope.

"We're going in, but remember what the General said, 'No casualties, disarm only'." Rex states.

"We're on it, Captain." Hunter states, "Wrecker, Crosshair, rockslide." Wrecker pushes a rock down towards the village and they move in using stun blasters only. The reptiles fly off and Hunter holds his weapon to the leader who speaks to him in his native language.

"Tech, translate what he said." Hunter states.

"He says he doesn't want our war on his planet." Tech states, "That is why he took our leader."

"We didn't bring the war here. It was Wat Tambor and the Separatists." Anakin states and Tech translates.

"Tell him we apologize for what's happened. But tell him the enemy is holding one of our men prisoner in Purkoll." Rex explains, "As soon as we rescue him, we'll leave his planet, for good." Tech translates and the chief looks at Tech confused that he was speaking his language.

"The chief says he will provide us with scouts and lead us to Tambor's city. From there, we're on our own." Tech states.

"Any help is better than no help." Anakin states.

[Later]

They are led to the location and then the scouts leave them. Anakin turns to look at the group.

"Hope nobody's afraid of heights." Anakin states. The team looks at Wrecker.

"Well, I'm not scared of nothing! I just... when I'm up real high, I got a problem with gravity." Wrecker states.

"That's... the very definition of scared of heights." Kyla explains.

"Speaking of problems, I'm no longer picking up Echo's signal." Tech explains.

"I... I don't understand. You said it was coming from this city." Rex states.

"I can only speculate but it is possible there's a latency issue with the frequency caused by all these atmosphere disturbances." Tech explains.

"Or... maybe they sent the signal to lure us into a trap." Hunter suggests, "And maybe your friend's actually dead. Well, I can't be the only one thinkin' of that."

"Look, every mission could be a trap. This one is no different. I'm telling you that signal is being sent by Echo himself! He's alive!" Rex exclaims.

"I think you're letting your personal feelings get in the way because you left him for dead at the Citadel." Crosshair explains.

"I had no choice. You hear me?" Rex replies angrily.

"Oh, I don't blame you. I would have left him for dead too. Besides, he's just another reg." Crosshair states and Rex punches him.

"Hey!" Wrecker exclaims grabbing Rex by the back of his suit, "Why don't you pick on someone not your size."

"You'll be a whole lot smaller when I'm through with you." Rex growls.

"Guys, stop!" Kyla exclaims.

"That's enough." Anakin states at the same time, "Sergeant, take your men and scout the area for a tower entrance. Kyla, go with them. You're the only one I trust to go with them. I want to talk to my Captain alone." Kyla walks away with Hunter, Crosshair, Tech and Wrecker.

"What are you and Rex going to do if Echo is dead?" Hunter asks.

"We'll deal with it." Kyla states.

"But I thought you said he's–" Hunter replies.

"I already found him." Kyla states as she looks at Hunter.

"Hmm?" Hunter asks.

"I'll explain later." Kyla replies. They head to do what Anakin told them to do and Tech regains the signal. They find a location and Anakin and Rex join them.

"We're in business, General. Tech regained Echo's signal. It's coming from this tower. How's it going, Tech?" Hunter asks. Tech gets the door open.

"Sorry it took so long." Tech states.

"Hey Crosshair, check it out." Hunter states and Crosshair steps inside.

"Yeah, it's a lift." Crosshair states.

"Well, we already knew that." Hunter states.

"Wait, wait, wait. A lift?" Wrecker asks, "How far up are we going?"

"Don't worry, Wrecker, I'll hold your hand." Hunter teases.

"Hey! Cut it out, Sarge." Wrecker replies, "Just give me some droids to crush." They all get onto the lift. Kyla readies her weapons.

"Remember, this is a stealth mission. No blasting, no blowing things up. Nobody knows we're here." Anakin states. The door opens and Wrecker rushes out and attacks the droids. The Bad Batch and Kyla rush out to help. Anakin stares in disbelief.

"So much for stealth." Rex states. They take all the droids down.

"YEAH!!! AHAHAHA! YEAH!" Wrecker exclaims happily and everyone stares at him, "Uh... sorry. I just got excited."

"I've still got a lock on Echo's signal." Tech explains.

"All right, men... and Kyla. Let's hunt some droids." Hunter states.

"Now you're talking! YEAH!" Wrecker exclaims as Kyla follows after Hunter. Anakin was right behind her. They moved forward.

"Where exactly is Echo's signal coming from?" Anakin asks.

"Strange. I just lost the signal." Tech explains.

"What? How can that be?" Rex asks, "There's no 'atmospheric disturbances' up here."

"Well, I have a new theory. I'm surprised I did not consider it earlier. The signal is only traceable during data transmissions. So until Echo dispenses more intel, I cannot pick up the signal." Tech explains.

"Okay, we're splitting up. Search every door. If someone finds Echo, contact the others. We go in together, just in case there's trouble." Anakin states. Crosshair went with Anakin while Kyla ran off with Rex, Tech, Wrecker and Hunter. They all started checking rooms one at a time.

"Ah, it appears the signal is back. It's from up ahead." Tech explains.

"In there." Hunter states as they find the only room it could be.

"Tech, open this door." Rex states and they hear something. They look over to reveal Wat Tambor as he appears in a communication signal.

"You clones are so predictable." The guy states.

"Wat Tambor." Rex states.

"Your algorithm predicted nearly every move you made to infiltrate Purkoll." Wat Tambor states.

"There is no algorithm! We know you're holding a prisoner of war here!" Rex states.

"Prisoner? I don't know what you mean, Captain." Wat Tambor states.

"I am leaving here with my friend." Rex states.

"Your friend is dead." Wat Tambor states, "His mind is ours."

"LIAR!" Rex yells. They get surrounded.

"Execute them!" Wat Tambor orders. Hunter throws his dagger at the same time Kyla throws hers. They begin fighting and Anakin shows up with Crosshair. They all fight together. They finish off the droids before more arrives.

"Tech, open that door for Rex!" Anakin orders.

"Yes, sir!" Tech replies.

"I hope you find what you're looking for, Captain." Hunter states. Rex and Tech head through the door. They find Echo and Rex's eyes widened beneath his helmet. He brings Echo down and Echo comes out of his daze. The two have a brotherly moment as Rex tells him that he's safe and that he is going home now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.1K 31
{Jedi Fallen Order x Male Jedi Reader x Mass Effect Trilogy} [ALPHA Series] (Y/N) Voridus, once a Jedi Padawan, now a Jedi in hiding from the Empire...
6.5K 243 43
~ Intuition - Book 1 - Rex and Lenora ~ ~ ''They told me, ''Be sensible with your new love. Don't be a fool, thinking this is the last you'll find.'...
4.2K 245 26
A Star Wars (Bad Batch) fan-fiction. YA (some violence) 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲 Jade lives in guilt. She's escaped the dreaded Arena, but she left her brother...
1.1K 25 31
Y/n wants to be average person, and a fighter in the clone wars. But once the battle for Anaxes begins, and Anakin finds out that she's not just a re...