|Goodbye Again| kazuscara

By Zzzurui

When I turned back, at the foot of the final set of stairs, I saw the look on his face. How could I go and b... More

Prologue
三つ
セブン
八(1)
八(2)
九(1)
九(2)
十一
十二
十三の
十四

60 5 4
By Zzzurui

An Odd Fellow

🍁☂️

The major generals of the Tri-Commission held an emergency meeting, standing amongst each other at the court before the Shogun's Palace. The prior night was full of anxiety and a desperate search for the missing prince.

As the three generals waited for her majesty's audience within one of the cold, cherrywood tatami rooms of the palace, some paced the room, others fiddled with their weapons, and others tried to mask their fear by sitting still on zabutons. Who would be the one to tell the Shogun?

The shoji screen leading to the hallway slid across the room, the tall figure of the Shogun stood in the doorway, her layered silks of purples in the junihitoe she wore announcing her high stature.

All turned to the Shogun, bowing their heads low. None dared to speak, but the most loyal of the commissions, belonging to the Kujou Clan, spoke, "Your Majesty, I am afraid he escaped our grasp. Forgive our mistake-"

Like lightning that roared in the skies, a katana shot across the room and towards the general, impaling the wall beside the general's head by a minuscule.

"Keep searching. I don't care how long it takes. Bring him to me, dead or alive." The door slammed shut behind the Shogun and the generals that stood collapsed to the floor, petrified. They wouldn't stick around to see what would happen to them if they failed again.

There were at least six treasure hoarders who lay around the camp, dust and dirt driven into their faces as Wanderer patted off his hands. It was the perfect opportunity to let off some steam, and there turned out to be useful things in the camp.

He stood and pocketed the mora from the treasure hoarders and head off with what other goods he could carry in tow. Before turning back with a pull of his eye, sticking out his tongue, "Bleh!"

White cranes soared overhead in a triangular formation towards the west, where the well-suited man planned to head. If it weren't for the doubled pay of a commission, he wouldn't be able to enjoy the beauty of his golden land.

After arriving at the marked treasure hoarder camp, the seemingly lost consultant eyed his map with suspicion. He paused and marked landmarks in accordance with the map and his sharp memory, but all that was left were unconscious treasure hoarders. Whether a passing group of travellers had passed by or they had eaten a poisonous mushroom, he found the answer to the cause of this mess by walking away.

Almost trailing after the short fellow, the man met with the familiar traces of an aura of an archon he knew well. The attire of the man who seemingly one-handedly defeated the encampment was also familiar, native to Inazuma.

"Excuse me," he said in Japanese as he approached the veiled traveller. "You remind me of an Inazuman I know. Are you searching for something?" While he wasn't all too bothered by the commission being completed for him, or the fact that this Inazuman carried the aura of an archon, he wondered most of all who he was.

Wanderer had twisted his head in an instant, looking up to meet the stranger, face to face, "Yes-? Is there anything you need?" He would have been lying if he said he didn't jump at the sudden appearance of the tall man, and what "Inazuman" was he talking about?

"Ah, I just got the stuff I need, I was about to head back to where I was!" Wanderer gave an involuntary smile praying the man would go away, he didn't wanna spend time with someone who could mess up his plans.

The consultant didn't let go of the Inazuman so easily, so he began with another alluding piece of evidence, "Nothing at all. I was just passing by for a commission, but it seemed someone had already done it for me." He noticed how uneasy the man was, so he decided to wrap things up, "I'll leave you be then. Safe travels."

Before Wanderer could reply, the strange man had disappeared back into the forestry ahead. "Weird old man..."

Returning back to camp, Wanderer could feel questions flood into his mind as panic overcame him. That man was in their camp, sharing tea with the oblivious Kazuha. Is he here to bring me back to the Tenshukaku? Does he know I'm joining the fatui? Is he working for the shogun? What are his intentions?

Kazuha and the consultant talked about many things, sharing bits of their knowledge and journeys. Neither had thought to meet someone so open to topics of all kinds whilst also being open to listening and sharing on their own accord.

By the time the bottom of the tea kettle could be seen, Wanderer had appeared nearby in the forestry, almost watching them like a petrified ghost.

Kazuha spotted him first and turned to him with a bright smile, "Wanderer! I'm glad you're back safely. This man here came by to rest on his journey and we ended up having some tea."

The man nodded and smiled as well, "It must be more than a coincidence we meet again."

The scene felt so inviting between the two that it would have made Wanderer stick out more than he already did with his mysterious aura, yet these two, even without sharing their names, talked without end about anything and everything over expensive herbal tea.

"Er..Hey! I brought some supplies from a camp I saw way back," Wanderer approached the two, setting down a bag of supplies next to Kazuha, mouthing an apology, "I'm sorry."

Even though Kazuha had already forgiven the other for his behaviour, he still found it endearing of him to go out of his way to apologize.

"Thank you," he mouthed in return and poured a cup of tea for Wanderer to share. "It's alright. I understand how it might feel," he spoke very vaguely as he gave the now-cooled fish to Wanderer to eat.

Wanderer continued as he sat down, "Sorry I was gone for so long, I also ran into this kind man a few minutes ago. I never would have thought he would be here!"

The consultant nodded and glanced at Wanderer. There was something behind those aureate eyes of his, but he looked away before more could be understood. "Speaking of which, you two must be looking for the safest route to the North, yes? I've already left a few suggestions with Kazuha, but I'd best be on my way." The man stood and began to pick up his citrus yellow lance leaning against a nearby tree.

"I do hope I wasn't intruding on anything. You can keep the tea set as a kind souvenir of Liyue from me," the man said as he began to head off, shooting a glance at Wanderer with a pique of interest but smiling before seemingly disappearing into the forests again.

The two Inazumans watched as the odd man left. It was almost suspicious as the man left just as soon as Wanderer had arrived. Kazuha was aware of this said aura from Wanderer as well. In fact, he felt a strong power from the 'consultant' as well, but he decided it would be best to keep it all hidden for the time being.

Just as the man left, Wanderer returned to his seat, lifting his veil ever so slightly to sip on the fresh tea. It was silent but uncomfortable. It was simple to say that Wanderer felt this so-called "emotion" humans would call, awkwardness.

Now that the consultant had left, Kazuha turned his full attention to Wanderer. He still felt a little sad about the scrapes on his sword, but he was quick to forgive.

"You needn't worry about the sword anymore," he said as he unsheathed his now shining sword to show the other before sheathing it again with a satisfying click.

It didn't make sense. How could he forgive someone so quickly? Wanderer looked into the swordsman's eyes, searching for any hint of that anger he saw before, but there was only a warm hug just as the sun provided on chilly days.

"Did you find what you were looking for, aside from the food and supplies?"

"Sadly no, but these will do just fine. From what I found, we should last the journey. I think," Wanderer replied as he began to eat the cooled fish. Just as savouring as the previous day's.

The hoard of things Wanderer had brought seemed to be useful, especially the seasoning and camp supplies. He knew that this was from an active camp, most likely a treasure hoarder camp, but Kazuha never felt it to be right to be taken from people, even if they weren't good themselves.

Then the prince realized, "I just remembered something, The man who was here a couple of minutes ago, what directions did he say to go?" What if the man had given them false directions? Or if the man already knew who they were and where they were going? None of that could be possible through a simple meeting, but it still made him nervous. It's impossible, right?

After finishing the tea, Kazuha began to clean up his cup as he answered the other's question, "He said he was very experienced in travelling through Liyue, so he explained where we are as of now and where to head. I'm glad we were able to meet a kind Liyuen like him, especially with the tea set he gave us."

Kazuha set down his now clean cup onto a small square piece of fabric to wrap individually, "We're near Mount Aocang and heading in the correct direction to Fontaine if we follow along the rivers northwest."

Wanderer stood. "Mind if I help? It'll help if you had some off your hands." A few things passed his mind, both contradicting themselves.

Get him out of your way, he's holding you back.

Let him stay, he's nice and doesn't have ill intentions like the others.

This mix of emotions and thoughts was frustrating. Even if he couldn't decide now, there was still a long way until they reached Snezhnaya, so there was no rush to choose.

"Thank you, if you wouldn't mind." There were still lots of things Kazuha was uncertain about when it came to the other, but he was beginning to get a feel for what feelings lie behind the mysterious aura emitting from him.

Once they were done packing, Kazuha divided the goods into bags which would make it easier for him to carry. He shouldered the two bags and began to move in the direction the consultant had suggested, "I'll carry everything so we can get there faster. You don't have to worry about it though; I'm a trained swordsman, so I should be able to do this much."

Wanderer knew he could not persuade the swordsman to drop at least one bag into his hands, "Alright, but please do tell me if something is too heavy, I'll happily carry it."

Without another moment to be wasted, Kazuha set off with Wanderer in the direction the man had suggested. Daylight was coming to an end. Hopefully, they would arrive at Fontaine's border before it got too dark.

From where the Jade Palace resided over Liyue Harbour, the consultant watched the storm over Inazuma grow in dark clouds. That storm would end up engulfing all of Teyvat if the prince weren't found in time. It really was difficult to understand why the Shogun had wanted to find the very prince all of the nations had seemed to despise.

"My Lord, we've received news from Inazuma that the prince is missing. Monarch Shogun has sent a letter requesting your aid in finding him," a tall woman dressed in golden silk and white approached the man.

The man blew on his tea before he took a sip. Much like the storm brewing over Inazuma, it would spread like wildfire throughout the other nations. Interfering with the mess of another nation would be difficult given Inazuma had reoccurring problems with their prince, but this time he believed there would be some change.

"Ningguang, write back a letter regarding her majesty's personal visit to Liyue. I believe I might have a trial."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 944 42
A Royal AU, ScaraKazu Fanfic. [Cover credit: 13ZESS on twt] Disclaimers: Blood, Death, Fighting etc. mentions. A little bit of "lemon" Update time: O...
40.9K 744 20
[COMPLETE] During his travels Scaramouche accidentally comes across Kazuha who had fallen ill and unconscious against a tree. The harbinger felt a sm...
2.6K 111 16
Scaramouche who battles with so many thoughts and with himself each day has hard time believing Kazuha actually forgave him. Overthinking the whole s...
340K 9.9K 38
[Genshin Impact] [Scaramouche x fem!reader] [Please don't read this if you are younger than 16⛔️] You were born visionless into a world (Teyvat) whe...