A Mob Boss's Honour

By royal888

This is the story of many mob families. It is set in the 1950s. There are many families involved in the crim... More

Author's Note
Family Tree
1. Family Life
2. The Party
3. Social Time
4. Date Night
5. Challenge
6. True Danger
7. Outrage
8. Changes
9. School
10. Understanding
11. Encounter
12. Allies
13. Surprises
14. School & Home Life
15. Literature
16. Phoenix
17. Relationship Drama
18. Sounds & Cars
19. Lost Love
20. The New Joiners
21. Girl Talk
22. Rose's Secrets
23. Affairs
24. Bianchi Mansion
25. Vigilante
26. Young Minds
27. Teenage Plans
28. Sports Time
29. Responsibility
30. Being Closer
31. More Time Together
32. Business Calls
33. Honesty
34. Talking at the Diner
35. A Mansion in Boston
36. An Eventful Evening
37. Connections
38. Ladies' Choices
39. Collaborations
40. Hidden Feelings
41. Spaces Apart
42. Family Ties
43. Friendships
44. Reliance
45. Shocking Turn
46. Sword
47. New Days
48. Choices
49. Closer Than Brothers
50. Leaders
51. Portrait
52. Mercenary
53. Waiting
55. Night Time Talk
56. Waves of Change
57. Dawn of New Dangers
58. Control
59. A Feud
60. Persistence
61. Fighters
62. Love is Forever

54. Star Crossed

557 23 10
By royal888

It was night time at the Kavannagh mansion. Christian was back from the house of Armstrong. He was so happy to be back home. He looked forward to the coming days. The Kavannaghs had made the arrangements for the joint homecoming event to happen in a safe neutral territory that weekend and so Christian had some work to do. He just had to make final preparations, visit the venue and then he was free to go see Gabriella and Gianluca for some long overdue catching up time.... It was only Friday night and the Homecoming party was on a Sunday. So he had a long weekend full of fun.

He was sitting on his bed and eating sweets feeling like he was the king of the world. The phone rang.

Christian stood up from his bed and walked to his desk. He picked up the phone and smiled "Hi Archer..."

Archer was coming the next day because he had to attend a school game of football that had fallen that night. He had called to say his team and had won.

Christian said "See you tomorrow Archer... Just bring me some more of those blue sweets. Will you?" 

His cousin was not a fan of sweets. He was given a big sweet allowance but hardly used it. Now Christian asked him to use up his sweet allowance and pass him whatever he didnt want. 

Christian said "And dont pack too much stuff.... We are back after the weekend I think... I am not sure if I will go back willingly if I stay here too long..." It was true. Since his grandpa was not back from his lengthy business trip he had to listen to his uncle Artan and go back eventually. He didnt trust himself to return if he stayed here longer than a weekend. He missed home too much. 

After Christian hung up the phone he turned to walk to his bed and eat more sweets. But the phone rang again. Was it Archer again? Who else knew he was back except him? He sighed. He turned around and walked to the phone. He picked it up "Yes. What now Archer?..."

To his surprise it was not Archer. It was Dean O'Brien. He sounded urgent. He was coming over.

Christian asked "Hold on... What's going on? And how did you know I was here?"

Dean said "That kid who works for you told me... You know that Lorcan kid..."

Christian asked "Where did you see him? Where is he? He had taken time off last week.."

Dean said "Its long story... I bumped into him in the area I was doing business in...He was at some cafe sitting alone..."

Christian nodded "Sure... When are you coming by?"

Dean said "Actually. I am only few blocks away... I wasn't sure your people let me in. Your people dont like surprises much and also Armstrong guards chase you too... I thought I call first..."

Christian said "No... The Armstrong guards come by tomorrow actually when they accompany my cousin here... The Kavannagh guards will let you in... I will make sure of it.. No problem..."

Dean said "I guess I will see you in a few minutes..."

Christian had heard the urgency and panic in Dean's voice. It sounded like he did not even have time to answer his questions over the phone. So once he hung up he made his way outside the mansion. He knew where Dean had called from. So he was here soon.

As Christian waited outside and soon after a few minutes a black car cam through the gates and came to a halt in front of him.

Dean got off the car and said "We need to talk... Real quick....Inside."

Christian lead him inside and took him to a room near the entrance. As he closed the door, Dean said "I need your help..."

Christian sighed and turned around. He crossed his arms over his chest "What kind of help?"

Dean hesitated and put his hand on his hips "Rose...  I need to get her back....to...."

Christian interrupted him "I am sorry. What? Are you out of you mind? You want to get Rose back? I hope you dont start a war over her... The Irish just went through one crisis with Italians... But starting another crisis so soon is a bit extreme even by my standards... At least can you wait a while before you get Rose back?..."

Dean shook his head "No.... No... You didnt let me finish...  Its not about getting her back to me... It's about getting her back to her family...."

Christian said "What? Woah... Where is she now?"

Dean said "In my car... Unconscious or half conscious..."

Christian was looking at Dean with his mouth open "Wait.... You have to explain how she ended up in your car in the first place before I even agree to help you... This is serious...."

Dean nodded "This is serous and only you can help me because you are friends with Gianluca... I didnt know where else to go..."

Christian said in a serious tone "Tell me what's happened... I need to know..."

Dean sighed and grabbed a chair and sat down "Ok... So today... I went with one of my father's underbosses, Daley to take care of some minor business with some minor gang... You know. Very small business... It was not even worth my time... But I wanted to go with Daley. He is my favourite underboss who works with my father.... He is loyal to me more than he is loyal to my father.... He is young and only took over after his father fell ill... He told me this gang he is dealing with is an unusual one... He said it's worth coming to see them. They are dangerous but want to expand and its good to be on good terms with them... He said its a good idea to recognise their faces and meet them... He knows they have potential..."

Christian asked "Hold on... Did they have Rose?"

Dean nodded "Yes... They did... I think they abducted her from some school trip or school picnic of some kind in a park... Your buddy Gianluca might know more about it. The Bianchis must be looking all over for her... The thought of this gang makes me sick... They were going to kill her.... Rose is a Bianchi and her boyfriend is Amerigo Albertini... Killing her is something some gangs would welcome... Not all gangs want money... There is satisfaction for some to kill members of powerful families..."

Christian asked "So... Did you have to kill them to get her back?"

Dean said "No.... When they found out who I was they told me they had her as their captive and insisted I take her away and didnt care what happened to her... They knew I was the next heir to the O'Briens... They know it's in their best interests to keep on good terms with me.... So they said they wanted to do the honours and kill her and send her body to her family but they felt honoured to hand her over to me so I decided her fate in anyway I wanted... I could hand her over and get ransom or kill her or whatever else basically... They didnt care... Pleasing me was something they wanted... I dropped by in person at their insignificant meet up... They valued that... I wanted to kill them all in that moment but when I was given Rose's unconscious tied up, blindfolded form to carry to my car, all I cared was her safety and getting out of there..."

Christian asked "It makes sense... I dont judge you for letting them live.... So...What is it you want me to do? Can you just hand her over to Bianchis? They will thank you..."

Dean sighed "We both know its not that simple..."

Christian said "Why not?"

Dean said "Come on Christian... We both know Italian and Irish relations are not at their best... A peace treaty was signed thanks to you... If I showed up at their territory or at their door, they may kill me....  Its possible... I dont care if I die... But my family would... A war erupts.... An excuse for bloodshed... I dont want to get involved... You shouldn't get involved much either actually... I want you to call up your best buddy Gianluca and ask him to come get Rose... He can just say she was dropped off at his doorstep... Any story told by him would be believed.... He is Italian. We are Irish...."

Christian said "So you just want to give Rose to me and walk off? Is that it?"

Dean said "Thats it...."

Christian said "Something does not add up here Dean... This is not you... The Dean I know wont give up and walk away like this.... You love Rose... You wont just give up on a big chance of reunion just like this..."

Dean said "Christian... I am not here to argue... Rose is going to wake up soon from whatever sleeping drugs they gave her when they abducted her today... I have to bring her in a safe room here and go home...." He stood up "We dont have time to discuss this further."

Christian sighed "Actually time is what we have... But fine... Let's get Rose inside... You can bring her to this room actually. Its a small guest room but its warm..."

****

Rose was fully conscious but was pretending to be unconscious as she was laying at the back seat of the car.... After the long drive Rose had felt the car stop. She had heard a voice from outside "Sir. He is expecting you." He then shouted "Open the gate..." Car started moving again and then stopped again after a while. Rose heard some people get off the car. Then there was just silence. She did not know how long went past. 5, 10 or 15 minutes. She did not know. And then suddenly the car door opened. She felt that warm safe touch again carrying her that had carried her away from danger.

Rose had been conscious enough to know what was happening. She had been kidnapped and the bad guys were waiting for her to wake up and kill her. They were sadistic. They had described how they wanted to kill her with excitement but wanted to taunt her as she woke up first. She had heard them discuss it. But this warmth presence had saved her. He had heard him whipper that she was going to be safe and he was going to get her home. His voice was so honest. She trusted his voice. In the car he hadn't said much but she knew she was safe with him. She felt this individual had no intentions to harm her. She just knew it.

From the sound of doors and the warmth she knew the person who had saved her from the bad guys was now carrying her indoors. Inside a house maybe. She heard the sound of a few doors open and close. She then felt being lowered and her back touched a soft surface like a bed. She then immediately felt her hands being untied.

Then suddenly her blindfold was removed.

Rose's eyes took a few seconds to adjust to the light and then she saw him. Her saviour. 

There was a boy there who must have been the one taking her away from those horrible kidnappers. He seemed to be her age but he was quite tall and bulky. Then her heart jumped as she was finally recognising those piercing eyes. She stared into his eyes and memories flooded back. Here he was, a boy her age who was her guardian angel and saviour standing towering over her staring at her as she was laying in bed. In that moment she felt nothing but disbelief and shock and she could not see anything in his eyes except concern and pain.

"  Did they hurt you? Did they touch you?" His tone was urgent and serious.

She shook her head not being able to form words as she stared into his eyes.

He sat at the edge of the bed. He looked slightly relieved "Are you sure? You can tell me if they hurt you. Did they lay a hand on you?"

She shook her head. She breathed as she finally managed to form words "What is your name? Who are you?"

The door opened and she noticed another boy come in silently. He was his age too. He stood at the door as he closed it "It's done. He is on his way now..."

Her saviour said as he was looking into her eyes. "I guess you may be wondering where you are? You are on Kavannagh territory..."

Her heart sank looking into his eyes. She asked in disbelief  "You.... You are a Kavannagh?"

Her saviour shook his head "No." He then turned to the boy who was standing leaning at the door "He is."

Her eyes widened as she looked at the boy at the door. There was only one Kavannagh who was around that age. "He is ... Christian Kavannagh... Kavannaghs kill Italians..." She looked at her saviour with questioning eyes.

Her saviour said quickly "He won't hurt you. Don't worry. You are perfectly safe... He has called Gianluca Bellagio to come and pick you up..."

Rose breathed "Gianluca? Lena's boyfriend?"

Christian said "Yes. Correct. Him."

Her saviour said "Gianluca will take you to the Alessandrini mansion most likely and he will make sure you are taken home safely." He then stood up. "I have to go. Christian will keep you safe until Gianluca gets here." He then turned around and took a few steps towards the door.

Rose wanted to ask him to wait. Rose hadn't even caught his name. As she was about to object, Christian walked in Dean's path and made him stop walking. Christian said "Where do you think you are going Dean? You should stay and keep her company..."

Rose said "Is your name Dean?"

Christian turned to Rose and said "Yes. His name is Dean O'Brien."

Dean said with shock in his voice "Christian? I told you not to reveal my identity...."

Rose stood up and walked towards the two boys. Dean turned around and looked at Rose.

Christian took a few steps back and stood there silently watching them.

Dean took a deep breath as she approached him. Rose was looking at him with so much intensity. She was searching his eyes for something "It was you... You saved me all those years ago. I remember you. I remember your piercing eyes.... I could never forget you. Ever..."

Dean took a step back. "Rose... No one can ever know. Once you get back home you can not tell anyone about what I did back then all those years ago and you can't tell them it was me who saved you today... Gianluca will make up a story for you to tell your people. Our families are enemies... We cant risk tensions...."

Rose swallowed hard and silently stared at him. She then whispered "I hope I can repay you one day..." Then tears ran down her cheeks. "I have waited years for this moment... I wanted to find you and thank you for what you did for me and my father." She wiped her tears but more came. 

Dean wanted to comfort her by holding her and whisper to her that all was ok. But he couldn't. She wasn't his woman. He wanted her to be his woman but she wasn't his. She was Amerigo's. He took out a handkerchief from his coat and handed it to her "

Rose took the handkerchief  "Thank you..." She then walked back to the bed and sat down. She took a deep breath and wiped her tears. "I am sorry... I normally don't cry... But meeting you after all these years brings back memories and emotions... You saved me and my father... Now you saved me again... Its just too overwhelming...."

Dean knew Rose was not used to crying. Rose had not even cried when people told her she was going to die back all those years ago. She was brave in face of death. She seemed quite emotional right now.

Dean walked closer to her and sat next to Rose on the bed "It is going to be ok... I do not want to see you cry. Dont think too much... I am sorry you were put in dangerous situations... I want you to be happy. I want you to never think of those bad memories of the past when those scum wanted to hurt you..." He spat out the word scum with a hard tone. 

Rose wiped her tears and said "I will never forget you Dean... Ever... I have been praying for your safety a lot... I am so grateful to what you did for my father and for saving me that day and then for saving me again today... How can I ever repay you? I wish I could tell my family about your identity with no risks to you..."

Dean said "You dont need to repay me Rose... Just move on with your life... Dont think of the past and these tough situations... And dont tell anyone about me... I know it's complicated. Our families are enemies Rose...."

Rose nodded "Yes... I understand... My mother wants to meet you and thank you.... She knows the one who saved me must have been related to an Irish crime family to be at that wedding.... I am not sure if she expects you to be a high ranking member of a powerful Irish crime family. like the O'Briens... I have heard of you and your family but have never met you... You know my family agreed for the joint homecoming party mostly for business reasons... They want us kids to know the faces of our enemies... All the children of these crime families in one place is one big party where enemies can meet peacefully... I am glad I saw you before this homecoming party... I would have been forced to ignore you at the party if I saw you..... At least I can say thank you in person like this...."

Dean asked with concern as she cried more. "Are you okay? Do you want water?" He then poured some water for her in a glass from a jug from the side table and handed the glass to her.

****

Gianluca got off from his car in front of Christian's house. The guards told him where to go. He was lead to a guest bedroom near the door. He entered the room and saw Rose crying and drinking water with Dean sitting next to her on the bed. while Christian was looking on.

Gianluca said to Christian "What is going on here? Can I talk to you outside?"

Christian nodded. 

When Gianluca stepped outside he waited for Christian to come outside and then he asked "What is Dean doing here? You said he is not sticking around here... You said he wont talk to Rose and she wont find out who saved her..."

Christian said "She was conscious. They just started chatting... And Rose recognised Dean actually as the one who saved her before.... What's wrong with that? Nothing is happening... They are just talking....It's not like they are kissing...."

Gianluca said "Christian.... But this could lead to kissing if Dean gives into his feelings.... Dean is playing with fire... Bianchis are not the Bellagios or Alessandrinis... They will kill Dean if they find out he loves Rose... They would take it as an insult if an enemy has eyes for one of their women... He should have been out of here the minute he dropped her off..."

Christian said "Dean can handle it if he decides to follow his heart..."

Gianluca said "No he cant... Rose has a boyfriend called Amerigo Albertini... Dean has a girlfiriend called Sorcha MacNab.... Too many people are involved..."

Christian said "So what...Have you read Romeo and Juliet?  Paris dies in that book anyways... And that Sorcha is definitely like that Rosaline girl who Remeo dated at some point... Sorcha is not that serious I think... Its just a convenience to date Dean for Sorcha... You have to accept them meeting up by chance is fate. They met before by chance, they met again today by chance and they will meet again in future... Fate is a powerful force... Obviously there is a reason they keep meeting up..."

Gianluca said "Christian... You need to take this situation seriously... This is not a fairy tale of star crossed lovers..."

Christian rolled his eyes "Come on... Nothing is going on. I told you they were just chatting... They both understand the situation... They know their actions has consequences and both have agreed that no one can know what Dean has done before and today... Rose sounds quite rational and responsible..."

Gianluca said "I know Rose is responsible... I have met her before.... She is very mature actually... Its Dean I dont trust... Dean is a friend of yours and you trust him.... I dont.... You have to stop Dean from planning or doing anything drastic... Homecoming is on Sunday... They will meet again... What if Dean gives in and reveals his identity and actions.."

Christian said "If Dean reveals his identity and it goes down for him then we are all going down..." 

Gianluca said "I am glad you understand what we are dealing with here... We are all involved... Me, you and even Luigi.  If Dean goes down we all go down... We have been his trustees and accomplices along the way...."

Christian said "But what if Dean wins... What if he comes on top... We get to tell the tale that we were his accomplices and trustees in his quest...  We are one dream team... You, me and even that guy Luigi... I hated Luigi before but now I dont..." Of course after finding out Gabriela loved Christian, he didn't see Luigi as a big threat any more who could take his Gabriella away.  He declared"We are a dream team...."

Gianluca said sarcastically "Dream team? Of course. Dream on..."

Christian said "One must dare to dream first before their dreams come true..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 6K 53
-MATURE CONTENT- After problems go down in her hometown of Brooklyn, she is sent to Italy by her mobster don father. Unknown to her, she wasn't simpl...
143K 7.3K 48
This is sequel to A Mob Boss's Dominance and Territory. Stand alone book. This is the story of a son of Vincenzo Rosario called Leandro. This is a s...
101K 4.6K 29
This is sequel to A Mob Boss's Dominance and Territory. This is a stand alone book in The New York Mafia Series. This is a teen fiction book with som...
33.8K 691 36
Book 1 in Love series. After this y'all gonna get a book about Venezio and his love. Warning: this book is pretty cringe and very messed up but ok Γ—...