505 | Arctic Monkeys

By illstickaround

"I'm going back to 505 If it's a seven hour flight or a 45 minute drive" More

\|1|/
/|2|\
\|3|/
/|4|\
\|5|/
/|6|\
\|7|/
/|8|\
\|9|/
/|10|\
\|11|/
/|12|\
\|13|/
/|14|\
\|15|/
/|16|\
\|17|/
/|18|\
\|19|/
/|20|\
\|21|/
/|22|\
\|23|/
/|24|\
\|25|/

/|26|\

118 3 2
By illstickaround

Elizabeth looked in the mirror one final time and examined herself. She had her dark cherry red lipstick on with black eyeliner. Her brown hair were down below her shoulders, and she wore a tight black dress that highlighted her curves perfectly.

Her heart was beating against her chest heavily, and she didn't know why. She shook her head and exited the bathroom.

Alex had already gotten ready before her and she stepped out of the bedroom to see him sitting on the couch waiting for her patiently.

His head lifted and his mouth dropped slightly as he looked Elizabeth up and down. He stood up slowly, and walked to her.

"Liz..." Alex said.
"Is it too much?" Elizabeth asked him, looking down at her dress and back up to him.
He chuckled, "No love, you just... You look amazing, I mean you always look amazing but it's just... Wow." He smiled.
Elizabeth blushed, "Well you clean up pretty good too." She joked.

Alex laughed softly and looked to Elizabeth's lips, slowly leaning in, however she placed her finger on his lips, stopping him from going any further.

"Let's not ruin my lipstick before we leave, because I don't have any time to fix it." Elizabeth said, smiling to Alex.
He sighed and rolled his eyes playfully, before kissing her cheek and slipping his hand into hers, the two of them exiting the apartment and entering an all black car that Alex had organised to come and get them.

The trip were short and full of long glances between Elizabeth and Alex.

As they stepped out the car, the cameras instantly began flashing, and there were numerous loud voices, some people directing them on where to go, others telling them to look a certain way for the picture.

Elizabeth slid her hand into Alex's and squeezed tightly, staying close by him as they walked to the entrance of the building.

"Stay with me and you'll be just fine, love." Alex said into her ear, and she nodded.

Eventually they managed to get inside, and Elizabeth thought by now they'd be away from all the hustle and bustle, but she were far from right.

Instantly photographers were wanting photos of Alex, trying to usher him to certain areas. Alex kept his grip firm on Elizabeth's hand, not letting go as he went to where the photographers had guided them.

"Al... You should have your own photo, don't bring me into this, it isn't my achievement, they all want you." Elizabeth said, trying to move away, but Alex insisted on her staying.
"You should be apart of this as much as I am." Alex said, "And every photo these people are asking me to have I am having it with you."
"Except for the band ones, I am not in them." She said.
"Well you are in the band, love." He said.
"Just photoshop me in." Elizabeth said and Alex chuckled.

Alex and Elizabeth turned to face the photographers, the 'Suck It and See' poster behind them. Elizabeth felt Alex's hand slide around her waist, pulling her closer, so she let her hand rest on his chest and they smiled brightly for the photos.

Alex looked down to Elizabeth and she noticed his gaze were on her, so she looked up to him, and several cameras flashed as they smiled to each other, becoming lost in another's eyes. Elizabeth quickly snapped back to reality and turned her head to see the entire bar silent, only soft music playing in the background with everyone's eyes on the pair.

"Al, everyone is watching us." She said.
"Yeah well they have to look at us to take a picture." Alex said with a chuckle, his eyes still on Elizabeth.
"No, I quite literally mean everyone." She said, and it was then Alex turned his head to notice that they were the main attraction.

"Let's get a bit of air." Alex said, guiding Elizabeth through the bar and out a fire exit.

Alex leaned against the wall and dug his hands in his pockets, Elizabeth standing in-front of him.

"Nows usually the time you light a cigarette." Elizabeth stated.
"I quit." Alex said unexpectedly.
"Really?" She said, taken aback.
"Yeh, apparently they're bad for you or something?" Alex said, and Elizabeth chuckled, leaning against the wall beside him, the two of them standing there in silence for a few moments.

"So what happens at an album launch?" Elizabeth asked, "Has it changed since I last went to one?"
"Severely." Alex said, "Now everyone important is involved, random people as well, like I don't even know why half the people inside are invited."
"Come a long way from the celebrations at Cornerstone." Elizabeth said.
"I guess so." Alex said, "But to answer your question, we usually get invited up on stage by our manager, we say a few words, then he says a few words, then the album is released and played in the bar. That's about the time I leave."
"You really can't stand the sound of your own voice?" Elizabeth joked.
"I guess not." Alex said, smiling softly to Elizabeth.

Alex then looked into Elizabeth's eyes, and he cupped her cheek, slowly leaning in.

"You really wanna ruin my makeup?" Elizabeth asked, "And get it all over you?"
"I can only hope you get it all over me." Alex said.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes and went to turn away but Alex had pulled her in for a long kiss, and that's when all self control went out the window for her. The two began kissing passionately, with Elizabeth's lips soon finding their way down Alex's neck, her red lipstick leaving marks as she went.

"Oh Liz." Alex said, and she chuckled before going back up to his lips and pecking them one last time.

"I am going to the bathroom to fix myself up, I suggest you do the same." She said.
"How bad?" Alex asked.
"Very noticeable." She answered.
Alex groaned, "You could have at least been subtle."
"My bad, next time I'll steer clear from you completely." Elizabeth said.
"You know you can't do that." He said.
"Oh I very much can, but the question is, can you?" She asked.

Elizabeth then turned and walked inside, heading to the bathroom, where she instantly fixed her lipstick and did any other touch-ups.

As Elizabeth exited the bathroom and walked down the hallway she bumped into someone, she quickly apologised before seeing who it were.

"Miles!" She said happily, instantly wrapping her arms around him and giving him a warm hug.
"Hello to you too." He chuckled.
"How are you?" She asked.
"Pretty alright. How about you?" He asked.
She sighed and thought about Alex, she almost considered telling him about the two of them, but instead she said, "Good. Really good."
"Can I make you feel even better and buy you a drink?" Miles asked.
"Oh please." She said.

The pair walked over to the bar and Miles ordered her and himself a whiskey.

"So how are things, Lizzy?" Miles asked, resting the side of his head in the palm of his hand as he watched her speak.
"Yeah they're good." She said, smiling softly.
"I notice you and Al came here together." Miles said.
"Oh yeah, well he asked me and I'd never turn him down, he's my best friend." Elizabeth brushed off.
"Hmm, yeah." Miles hummed.

The pair received their drinks and Elizabeth sparked up conversation again.

"So how are you Miles?" She asked, "Any new puppets music in the making?"
"Ah, well I've got some stuff myself but I'm just waiting on Al, you know him, he's a busy man." He said, "Yet he always seems to make time for you."

Elizabeth caught Alex's eyes from across and the pair smiled to each other.
"Go to him." Miles said.
"No, I'm not leaving you. I'll see him later." She said.
"It's fine, I'm gonna go mingle with that blonde anyway." He said looking ahead of Elizabeth, and she turned to see her looking straight back at Miles with a smirk on her face.
Elizabeth chuckled, "Have fun."

The two split off and Elizabeth met Alex halfway, the two of them leaving the conversations they were just in.

"Nice to see you cleaned up." Elizabeth said, adjusting his tie as she spoke.
"Took a while."Alex said, and Elizabeth chuckled softly.
"We're gonna have to keep that stuff to a minimum while we're in public and around the guys." Elizabeth said.
Alex nodded, "As long as we're together."
"So... We're together now?" Elizabeth asked.
"I mean I'd like to be, but I need to take you out to dinner and then ask you properly." He said
"Oh right, so is this you asking me to dinner?" Elizabeth teased.
"You could say that." Alex said.
Elizabeth hummed, "I mean I guess I will go out with you." She said.
"I guess?" Alex questioned, "I guess?" He repeated, laughing and moving closer to Elizabeth. His hand slipped around her waist and she softly pushed herself away.
"Al..." She said softly.
"Right, sorry." He said, his cheeks a bright shade pink.

Elizabeth's eyes then caught Jamie as she saw him walk through the doorway and she smiled as she saw the blonde haired woman by his side.

"So you were saying that Al and I were going to be late yet here you are arriving after us." Elizabeth joked as she approached.

Jamie chuckled and smiled, "Sorry, had to pick this one up." He said as he placed his hand on the girls back.

"I'm Elizabeth, nice to meet you. Jamie calls me Liza though, you're welcome to call me that too." Elizabeth said,
"I'm Katie, nice to meet you too." She said, smiling softly.
"Wanna get a drink?" Elizabeth asked, noticing that Jamie and Alex were in conversation.
"Sure." She answered.

The two ladies made their way over to the bar, ordered and received their drinks before they found a free booth and sat down.

"So... How's dear old Jamie? I hope he's treating you well, I wouldn't expect any less from him." Elizabeth said.
"Yeah he is, he's a real sweetheart." Katie said.
"I always knew he was a softie." Elizabeth joked, "But really I'm just glad that there's finally a girl in the group now!"
"Jamie tells me that you all have been friends since childhood, that could be rough, considering they're all guys." Katie said.
"Oh definitely, but at the same time I couldn't have asked for a better bunch to spend my early days with." Elizabeth said with a soft smile, looking over to the boys, with both Matt and Nick now having arrived.

"Have you met Nick or my brother Matt yet?" Elizabeth asked and Katie shook her head, "Well let's head over and get Jamie to introduce you."

The pair walked over and Jamie instantly saw Katie and introduced her to the two. Elizabeth indistinctly stood beside Alex and the group all engaged in conversation before the boys were called over to photos. Elizabeth and Katie watched as they posed for photos and Alex looked over to Elizabeth, smiling to her before looking back to the camera and giving his 'stern' look, which always makes her chuckle.

Eventually as they took more photos, the rest of the guests began to pile in and stand around tables with their drinks patiently waiting for the speaker, the bad, to hop up on stage and say a few words.

The guys all found their way onto the stage after their numerous photos, the crowd quietening as Alex tapped on the microphone to see if it worked.

"Uh, hi everyone. Thanks for coming out here tonight to celebrate the release of our new album 'Suck It And See'" Alex began, "I guess I should start by thanking a few people, Tyler, our manager, James Foord who produced the album, and Elizabeth, who doesn't know it but has contributed to this album hugely, just like she has for all our other albums." He said, making eye contact with Elizabeth, "This album is an adventure, much like any of our other albums, and I hope you are all willing to 'Suck It And See'"

The crowd laughed and Elizabeth shook her head, chuckling.

Alex and the boys walked off the stage and that's when their manager, Tyler, took the microphone and said a few words. Alex then appeared beside Elizabeth and she smiled up to him.

"Quite the speech." Elizabeth said.
"You get used to it." Alex said, smiling softly to Elizabeth.

Tyler finished up his speech, before announcing the album were to play in the bar right now, the audience clapping.

"And this is the time we decide to leave..." Alex said, attempting to drag Elizabeth away.
"Two songs," Elizabeth said, "Please? I'll buy you a drink?"
Alex sighed, "Fine. But don't worry about the drink."
"Are you alright?" Elizabeth asked, placing her hand to his forehead and jokingly checking for a fever.
"Very funny. I'm a changed man." Alex said, pulling her hand down and holding it for a few moments.
"Oh yeah?" Elizabeth asked and Alex nodded, "Good." She said, smiling to him.

A guitar riff were heard through the speakers and Elizabeth soon heard Alex singing the lyrics,

"She's thunderstorms,
lying on her front, up agains the wall
She's thunderstorms"

"Mr. Turner, may I have this dance?" Elizabeth asked.
"I'm much of a dancer, Liz." Alex said.
"Bollocks! Of course you are." Elizabeth said, "But it's fine, Jamie!" Elizabeth then turned to the guitarist, "Will you do me the incredible honour of having this dance with me?" She asked, with her hand out to him.
"Of course." He said, smiling over to Alex and winking, taking Elizabeth's hand and letting her guide him over to the centre of the dance floor.

Elizabeth rested her arms on Jamie's waist and he around her shoulders. Whenever they did slow dances like this together, they would switch the roles, just for fun.

"So... You and Al?" Jamie asked, and Elizabeth instantly blushed.
"Well I think it's close to being official, well at-least it'll be just between us because of... you know." She said.
"Ah yes, Matthew." Jamie said.
"As long as he's around, I don't really see us being public, not even to our friends." Elizabeth said.
"How long will you be able to keep that up for?" He asked.
Elizabeth sighed, "I know Al hates it, he wants to be able to act like a couple around everyone, not just friends, but... You know how Matt will react." She said.
"I say if he were an adult, then he would let you two be happy. He needs to quit acting so childish because this was bound to happen one day, we all could see it, even him." Jamie stated.
"If Al says he isn't happy again then I'll talk to Matt, I'll tell him. It's just that Matt said I would be selfish if Alex and I were to date, and that I needed to think of the band because I could break it up if Alex and I broke up." Elizabeth explained.
"He's overreacting, you know that'll never happen." Jamie reassured.
"I sure hope not." Elizabeth said.
"Do you want me to just mention it to Matt? Just mention the idea, not in a suspicious way but-" Jamie were cut off.
"I trust you, I know you'll say the right things." Elizabeth said, and Jamie smiled softly.

Elizabeth and Jamie danced for a little while longer, before the song ended and Jamie slid out of Elizabeth's embrace, whispering in her ear.
"I best let Al have a chance to dance with you, you know I would dance all night with you if I could." Jamie said, and Elizabeth smiled softly as she saw Alex walking over to her.

"Liz." Alex said, looking into her piercing green eyes.
"Al." Elizabeth said, smiling softly.
"May I have this dance?" He asked.
"If you don't step on my feet then yes." Elizabeth said.
"Hey, I don't step on your feet." Alex said as he placed his hands on Elizabeth's waist.
"Do so." Elizabeth said as she wrapped her arms around Alex's neck.

"Lately I've been seeing things, belly button piercings, in the sky at night when we're side by side." Alex sung softly along with his own voice that were booming through the speakers, and Elizabeth chuckled softly.

"Quite the turn out." Elizabeth said, looking around and seeing clumps of people in different areas of the bar.
Alex hummed as he looked around before looking back into Elizabeth's eyes and smiling softly.
"I can't wait till this song is over." Alex stated.
"Sick of the sound of your own voice already?" Elizabeth asked.
"Yes, that and I can't wait to have you all to myself." Alex said.
Elizabeth chuckled, "Alright, calm down loverboy."

The pair finished the song slow dancing in silence, simply looking into each other's eyes and smiling, happy.

Once the song had died down, Alex didn't hesitate to take Elizabeth's hand and drag her back to the group that were all huddled around in a little booth drinking and talking loudly.

"I liked that one." Elizabeth said as he brought her over to the group.
"You always like all of our songs." Alex said.
"Yeah but that one's different." She said.

"See ya later lads." Alex said to the group as they reached the booth.
"Off so soon?" Matt asked.
"You know me." Alex said.
"Dragging Eliza with ya too?" Matt questioned.
"You know what he's like." Elizabeth said, "It was lovely meeting you, Katie."
"You too, we'll have to catch up soon." She said.
"Of course!" Elizabeth said.
"Alright, bye everyone." Alex said, before the whole group slurred their goodbyes.

Alex and Elizabeth began to walk to the front doors, walking past Miles who were standing very close to a blonde lady. He looked down to Alex and Elizabeth's hands being entwined and winked to her, she rolled her eyes.

As soon as they exited the building there were flashing lights, cameras flicking and photographers scrambling to get a better photo of the pair.

Their car was waiting for them outside with the driver all ready to go. Alex held the door open for Elizabeth, and went in after her, before they were driven off, away from the madness.

It felt like a breath of air being in the car with Alex, knowing that they were only a simple car ride away from being in the comfort of each others arms laying on their bed, staring up at the roof, their minds clouded by the thought of love.

Elizabeth turned to Alex, examined his features, his sharp cheekbones, soft brown eyes, his defined lips, that she suddenly had the urge to kiss.

And so she did.

She placed a delicate kiss on his lips and shifted back into his arms, looking away from him and smiling softly.

"What was that for?" He asked.
"I dunno, just felt like it." She said.

Elizabeth giggled and so did he.

There were a few moment of silence as Elizabeth watched ahead of her, where the car were travelling, with Alex instead watching her.

"Happy birthday, Liz." He said.

Elizabeth looked up to him and smiled, "Congratulations on the album." She said.
Alex rolled his eyes, "Seriously bringing that up, it's your day." He said.
Elizabeth shrugged her shoulders, "You should be proud of it."
He shook his head, "Yeah yeah..."
"Al, you should be!" She shoved him and chuckled, looking into her eyes and noticing how they glimmer.

"I love you." He said abruptly.

Elizabeth continued to look into his eyes in silence, before moving closer to him where she placed a kiss on his lips. She looked up to him and watched as his eyelids slowly opened, his eyes greeting hers.

"I love you, Alex." She said.

Their lips found each others again, Elizabeth realised that she wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now. She realised that, over the course of the years she had been wanting this moment, she craved it more than she could even depict herself. And so did Alex. He was so set on righting his wrongs, fixing his mistakes, specifically with Elizabeth, and now he's exactly where he has been trying so hard to be for so long.

The two craved each other, they were bound together, and it were evident, however whilst their 17 year old selves still live free within whenever they are together, their love being a symbol of their youth, newer more adult like problems can arise, putting their love to the test.

Elizabeth's brother, Matthew and Alex's fellow band mate was a smaller of the issues, but they do not know that yet, it's just a matter of will they be able to stay together through the tougher times,

Is their love strong enough?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.5K 677 30
smutty AM one-shots
2.1K 13 18
Please remember to comment and vote. Please read 'Info' before reading the rest. Story every day other than the weekend!
14.2K 372 16
β˜…γ€‚οΌΌο½œοΌγ€‚β˜… 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐗 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 β˜…γ€‚οΌο½œοΌΌγ€‚β˜… . . . β‡’ ˗ˏˋ 𝐼 𝐢𝐴𝑁𝑇 𝐸𝑋𝑃𝐿𝐴𝐼𝑁 π΅π‘ˆπ‘‡ 𝐼 π‘Šπ΄π‘π‘‡ 𝑇𝑂 π‘‡π‘…π‘Œ ࿐ྂ...
69.8K 2.4K 16
| Alex Turner/Reader | An eccentric hotel owner and an inquisitive writer find solace in each other when they both seemed to be at the edge of rock b...