The Boy Next Door

By em_writess

This is Dual Pov Between Ace and Mia! (A lot of flirting and a tiny bit of smut) 𝗔𝗰𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝙰... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
Epilouge #1
Epilogue #2
Bonus Chapter
Authors Note

[28]

970 13 8
By em_writess

We walk into the coffee house and instantly get hit with the smell of coffee.

Duh!

I spot Blake, Gracie, and Alexis in a Blue round booth in the back. They already ordered their coffee and some chocolate chip cookies for the table.

"Finally you guys are here," Alexis says.

"Yeah y'all took so long I thought Ace crashed the car," Blake says.

Ace looks at him with a mean grin. I slide in and sit down next to Alexis which leaves Ace to sit next to me.

***

We are in a deep conversation when one of the employees comes to our table.

"Hey congrats on the win," she says.

"Thanks," Blake says.

Side eye

"So we usually throw away all are snacks but since you all are still here, help yourself to whatever you want," she says.

"I call dibs on sour patch kids," I say.

"Thank you, that's very nice," Alexis says.

"Yeah thanks," I quickly glance at her name tag. "Claire."

"Sure thing have a good night and the place closes in an hour," Claire says.

Well, that was sweet of her.

"She is sweet," Alexis says.

"Agreed anybody who gives me food for free is instantly a good person to me," I say while throwing a green sour patch kid into my mouth.

It's about that time when we all say our goodbyes and head out for the night. I am currently sitting in Ace's car, waiting for him because he had to go to the bathroom.

Mom!!
Mom: Be quiet when you come home Leah is sleeping on the couch

Of course!

Mom: Also I am so sorry to tell you this but your father is coming to visit not this weekend but the next.
___________________________

That's it that's the last thing that I wanted to hear.

He is coming back.

Why?

Why, would my mom even want him to come after what he did to me?

My hands start to tremble and my breathing picks up.

Oh god not here, not now.

I try to count back from 100 but that doesn't work.

I try to wiggle my fingers and toes but that doesn't work either.

I pick my phone up and call Alexis.

She doesn't answer.

Then I try calling Gracie and she doesn't answer either.

I think about calling my mom but I am just too upset with her right now to do so.

I know I can handle this on my own because I have overcome it before. It will stop it will pass, you can do it.

I try to drink some water but I can't even do that because my hands are so shaky. I feel tired, my head is hot my stomach aches.

"Sorry, I took so long-" Ace says but stops mid-sentence.

I can feel his eyes gazing at me.

I sit there frozen.

Mia.

Something is wrong with her but I can't find a sign of what it is.

She is breathing heavily and her hands are shaking.

A panic attack.

I used to get these all the time back when Todd was up my ass or on my nerves.

"Mia, I need you to look at me," I say.

She can barely sit still.

I get out of my car and rush over to her side and open the door. I crouch down so now I am face-to-face with her.

"Mia look at me," I say and she does.

"Okay, now how many fingers am I holding up."

"Uh—

"Come on, you can do it," I say while holding up four fingers in the air.

"Uh four," she chokes out. "Four fingers,"

Every time she speaks her breath trembles with each word. I feel a sense of hurt in my chest. All I can do is wipe away the tears from her face.

"And now,"

Mia rests her shaky hands on my knees. I put one hand over the top of them.

"Uh Five, Five fingers."

"Good and now,"

Her words become clearer this time" Three Three fingers,"

"Good," I say and slowly wipe the tears off her cheek.

She takes a slow deep breath.

"I'm sorry," Mia says.

"Don't say that, don't apologize for something you can't control," I say. "I am here for you always."

She nods her head and pulls me in for a hug.

After that, I quickly jog over to my side of the car.

The ride on the way home was silent for most of it.

"I'm sorry," Mia says.

I quickly glance over at her. Her head is down, and she is fidgeting with the infinity ring on her middle finger.

"Don't apologize for something you can't control."

"Ace."

"Mia."

"I know what happened, at the party."

God, I wish she never found out.

Karma is a bitch!

"I'm sorry for drinking, I am so sorry Ace that I blacked out," Mia says.

She wipes away the tear from her face.

I pull up to my house and put the car in park.

"Like I said before you don't have to be sorry," I say and relax back into my seat.

"But I am."

"Don't be."

I turn to look at her.

"Mia I am the one that should be sorry," I say.

She looks at me with concern.

"Fuck Mia of course I feel the tension between us," I grit out.

She is taken back in shock "You do-

"Of course, I fucking do-"

"Well, then what are we doing,"

"I don't know, but what I am sure of is that we can't go there right now,"

"What, Why," Mia says.

"Because I am leaving in one month to go to Scotland," I say.

"For what,"

"Basketball,"

"What about Leah,"

"She is coming with me,"

"So that's it, you're leaving for how long?"

"The total time is two months, but I don't think it will be that long," I take a deep breath in. "Maybe like a week or two,"

"Oh ok, well uh-"

I cut her off "Mia I want this more than anything but right now there is too much going on in my life."

"I know that Ace, and trust me when I tell you that I will wait for you because I want this as much as you do," Mia says and opens the car door to exit.

I sit there in silence.

"Mia thank you."

"No need."

"Friends."

I stick my hand out to let her shake it and she accepts it.

"Friends"

I pull her in and whisper "With benefits, because god knows that if basketball wasn't a part of this I would be fucking the living daylights out of you."

Before she can say another word I crash my lips onto hers.

A/N
EEEEKK!! They finally kissed. Ahh!! I have been waiting to put a kiss for them in there. I love how there friendship has builded.

Did you guys like the chapter? Is there anything thing you want me to know?

Word Count: 1,173

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 1.5K 106
⚠️ Warning!!⚠️ ⚠️ Contains mature content such as smut, violence, language and drug use⚠️ Completed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^* " Bad things happen to everyone a...
6.4K 170 30
"Why me" she softly asked "because I love when I am deep inside you" _________________________________________ Meet Alexander the hottest man on ear...
851K 19.7K 80
"You don't like it rough?" he asks me. Oh, okay, I smirk back at him, two can play this game. "I like it... but only during sex, " I say to him wat...
11.7M 519K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...