A glimpse of dawn~ connor x r...

By connors_pookiebear

when you love the unlovable. "perhaps it is the greater grief after all to be left on earth when the other is... More

1
2
2.5
4
5
6
6.5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13

3

16 1 0
By connors_pookiebear

(the fit, you'll see why it's so fancy later)

hanks pov-

The next day, I prepare myself for the worst. She's going to walk in, probably beat the shit out of me, then god knows what else.

It's already about 12.

I'm procrastinating.

Suddenly, an unexpected notification pops up on my phone.

Y/N-
HURRY UP AND GET HERE!! apparently it's picture day. everyone's waiting on YOU.

I smile to myself, knowing that she is feeling better. She wouldn't have told me if she wasn't.

But that arises another problem. PICTURE DAY? I find my best "suit", and try to assemble myself quickly. How come I was never told about this??? I'm a lieutenant around here, I should be treated as so.

connors pov-

I sit patiently, waiting at Andersons desk. Everyone is gathered, so while I wait, I decide to chat with Fowler.

"Hello, Captain."

His eyes quickly flicker to me, clearly surprised. "Oh, hi.. Connor? Right?"

I attempt my best, big toothed grin, "Yes." He eyes me for a moment longer, clearly not knowing what to say. "Do you know when the lieutenant gets here?" I ask, intervening the silence.

Fowler only chuckles, "Hopefully soon. He missed last years picture because he was drunk at Jimmys. That's why we are doing it earlier in the day now." I nod my head along with his words, "Last year, he left poor y/n alone. It was her first official year as a detective and not just an apprentice, and she had no idea what to do. Poor girl was standing off on her own, stressed out with no idea what to wear or do. She was mad at him for awhile after that."

So the fights are yearly?

Picture day seems to just be a bad omen.

"Last year," He continues on, "Chris was brand new, fresh meat. He wore his finest tuxedo." He laughs, boisterously. "Man he looked silly."

Fowler takes a sip of his drink, then points over towards the bathroom area. "Speak of the devil, here she comes." He starts to snicker, "Looks like y/n and Chris overdressed. Again."

His laugh echoes, and y/n storms over.

"Look," she starts, "Didn't you show up in flip flops last year? I'm sorry I don't want to make a fool of myself."

I see Chris sneak up behind us, "I ought to have a dance." He says in a joking, old demeanor. "M'lady."

software instability

"Hard pass Chris, hard pass."

He gives her a sad eye, and she quickly sighs, and drags her feet over towards him. "Fiiiiine, but only one twirl."

He laughs, twirling her.

Her dress only lifts up towards the bottom, shining when the bright white lights hit it. The edge brushes along the edge of a desk, and I swear I hear a small 'swoosh'.

Her feet lift up ever so slightly, and by the time her body has made a full circle, her legs drop. The abrupt movement sends the entire dress, neck down, to swirl and move.

Her back falls forward, her laughter filling the area. "Mhm, sir, I would like to give you a twirl." She pauses, "If I may."

Chris smiles, leaning his hand out, and she quickly gives him a spin. She's fast about it, but she can barely reach over his head. They stumble, partly from speed and partly from the height difference.

Y/N snickers, retreating back towards me and Fowler, flashing crude signs at Chris.

By the time she reaches us, we hear a door slam open and shut.

"Finally Anderson, fuck."

Hank sighs, his blazer clearly stained with sweat and stress. And loads of cologne.

The entire crew starts to form, and I attempt to follow along, but they are so.. natural.

I retreat to the back, behind Y/N and in front of Hank. I turn my neck towards him, "I heard you missed last years pictures." Genuinely curious. All I get back is a scowl.

A man I've never seen before, shining golden blonde hair, steps out of the crowd and gets out a nice camera.

"Alright," He says, his voice deep and smooth, "Smile."

The group goes silent until the man puts his camera down, and I see his name tag. "Ari", it reads. "Thank you so much Ari!" I hear someone say, and of course more thank you's fill the room. 

Ari smiles, brushing the hair out of his face. For the first time, I notice his french accent. "Alright, we have to all take a selfie first." He pulls out his phone, turning the flash on and the camera around.

We all smush together, a few people on their tiptoes, Ari squatting down, and smiles all around. They yell "cheese!", and before I know it Ari is back on his phone, scrolling through the few he took.

"Yes,yes, you all look fantastic!"

Y/N walks over to him, "Hey Ari! Do you mind sending those to me?" A toothy smile fills his face, smile lines creased along his eyes. "Of course!" He leans over and tightly squeezes her for a few seconds before behind summoned by the group of men.

Aka the, Hanks words not mine, "douches".

Y/N sighs, scoots her stuff off of her desk, and lays across the porcelain. I hear clinking glass sounds come from her purse, which she quickly silences.

I head over to her, to make sure she is alright.

Before I even have the chance to finish walking up to her, much less say anything, she puts her hands up straight in the air. "Help me up."

Confused, I stand over her. "Excuse me?"

"I said help me up. You know how you have muscles? Move them, grab my hands, and pull me up." She makes an explosion sound, "Crazy, I know."

Taking the hint of sarcasm, I grab her wrists and pull her upper body up. When she is all the way up, she tugs on the chest of her dress, fixing whatever wrinkles came to be.

"Overdressed my ass." She mumbles, "Your literally wearing a full suit. Constantly, Connor. How? Isn't that uncomfortable? I know I am right now."

I shrug, "Perhaps, but since I wear it all the time, I would not know the difference."

She looks puzzled for a moment, then leans over and grabs a small piece from the front of my shirt. "Is it like.. attached to you?"

Feeling a little... unnerved to say the least, I quickly respond, "No. That would be highly unsanitary, never washing my clothes."

She gives me another look. "So where do you keep all your robo clothes..? Where's your house..?"

I pause for a moment.."I just go back to the cyber life tower. Usually that is just where I go, when I am not on missions."

She gives me a sad look, "Lame." She lets go of my shirt, flopping her arms back up against the desk to lean on. Her legs dangle, not touching the floor. "You sound like you have a pretty boring outside life. Go to those android clubs or something. Eden?"

"That is not a pastime of mine."

"Mhm, well it should be. Maybe that's where you will meet your wife, have little robo babies. If that's even possible." She gives me an inquisitive look, and I know what she's about to ask.

"No, Y/N, androids cannot reproduce on their own."

She rolls her eyes, "Takes the fun out of everything." She sighs loudly, then buzzes her lips. "I'm gonna go change, and wipe off this shit." She says, pointing to her face. "Don't catch too many criminals while i'm gone."

She slides off the desk, brushing past me. Along her way, she waves to Ari, flips off Chris, and kicks Gavin in his shin. When he swing around, she keeps walking. Clueless. A good actor, she is.

Hank walks over to me, "Have you gotten any new cases or something?" I can feel that he is not really here for that, so I just answer no. He sighs, clearly not wanting to talk to me, but not knowing what else to do.

He gives me a side eye, then just walks back to his desk. "Getting to work". I bet you if I took a peek on his computer, I would only see a long spotify list of metal music.

Y/N walks back out, rubbing her face, freshly cleaned. She carries her dress, now wearing a comfortable looking outfit. Fowler yells out, "Alright boys, back to work!"

Everyone groans heading back to their desks. All the guests have seemed to leave, and the day returns to normal. I head to my desk and begin my work for the day, looking through files, all of that snazzy stuff.

Y/n sighs, collapsing into her chair. I can practically hear her complaining.

A few hours pass, and it's now 4pm. Many people take their dinner break, but y/n doesn't move. She just sits there, her hand on her face, staring at the computer. I don't disturb her, I know she is working diligently. Hank gets up, takes some chinese takeout out of his bag, and throws it to
y/n from a few feet away.

She jumps a little, startled. She looks at the food, then back up at Hank. "Oh, yeah. Sorry. T-thanks." She's clearly disturbed by the gesture, but nonetheless begins to eat the food.

I can see Anderson smile, clearly happy by his somewhat success.

I know from reading up on the two of them that they are often seen eating at Chinese takeout places, alone and together. Y/n's most famous interview was actually taken there, paparazzi spotting her through a window.

I don't blame them, it is quite tasty.

y/n's pov-

On my way home, I drop by the grocery store to pick up a few necessities. I pass a paint store, and see a familiar face walk out.

His movements are smooth.

I quickly catch up to him, "Hey, is your name Markus?"

He turns around, startled. "Yes, and you are?"

Holy shit I just pooped myself.

"OH MY GOD. I've seen you in articles with Carl Manfred!! He is one of my favorite artists!! Do you enjoy taking care of him?" I ask, my skin jumping out of my bones.

He smiles, clearly enthused to talk to about him. "Yes, I do. And I presume you are just a fan?"

"Woah, buddy. I wouldn't classify myself as just a fan." I see his light flicker yellow, "I've worked with him personally. When his son Leo had an investigation done on him, I was there. I had quite a few chats with Carl."

"Mhm.." He mumbles, clearly trying to recognize my face. "Well it's nice to meet you again, I suppose." His eyes flicker in the lights, bright and beautiful.

I smile, pausing to rethink my thoughts for a moment. "Say, Markus?"

"Yes?"

"If anything happens with Leo again.. or you for that matter, or Carl, give me a text okay?" I notice some tears on his clothes, they might be from protestors, but I still get an uneasy feeling. "Can you like.. scan my number?" I ask, not exactly sure how to do this transaction.

"Just say your number, and I will register it within my system."

I list it out, and when he asks for a name, I tell him "Y/N Collins."

His LED flickers, and his eyes open again. "Alright, it's saved."

"Do you mind if you don't tell Mr.Manfred about this?" I yell out, his feet starting to drift away from mine. "I know how stubborn he is.. Just... Keep me there for safe keeping, alright?"

He smiles back at me,

"Alright."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 8.4K 39
"You really are more than a machine." "And I have you to thank for it." Her, a human, full of emotion. Him, a machine, designed to accomplish a task...
17.4K 576 128
DBH: Connor x female reader Will put trigger warnings before any potential triggers! <3 *Lot of bad language and *AHEM* 8-) ----------------- You'...
25.1K 935 24
(Y/N) is a 22 year old woman who firmly believes in the concept of justice - if you commit a crime, you will have to pay for your mistakes. She was o...
60.2K 2K 19
The the year 2038 everything seemed to finally be looking up for the recently torn city of Detroit, not for young (name) who couldn't speak since an...