Our Fear

Par actrssx

"I..just..", - you didn't know how to understand or describe the feeling. You loved her. You loved her voice... Plus

1. Injury
2. Violation of the rules
3. Dance
5. Something new
6. Feeling
7. Une dernière danse
8. Burning tears
9. A new beginning
10. I hate you
11. Oblivion
12. Fog

4. Hike

286 13 5
Par actrssx

The vacations are over, school has started. It's hectic again, and you're in charge of the class, so the responsibility has increased. But, on the plus side, you'll have the Dean to deal with, but on the minus side, you'll be working with all sorts of paperwork, like class reports and the like. You also studied well, a lot of people even praised you. After that dance contest, which you won by the way, a lot of students both Evers and Nevers wanted to learn dancing, Lesso did not really like this idea, but Dovey was very happy, so she immediately started looking for teachers. About Will, he didn't show up until a week after the vacations were over, he looked terrible, bruises, scars, bruises, several fractures. After that situation, Lesso picked up her coat herself. Well, somebody did a good job. You wore your bracelets happily on your left wrist, and you threw your pendant out the window. Your ability was standing still, but your magic unveiling ceremony was due in a week, so you had grand plans.

Lady Lesso often nagged but didn't pile on the work, you usually sat in the same class and filled out papers, or she would talk about your ability and how emotions affected it, helping you learn more. That strange man never showed up, but it felt like someone was watching you.

One such day, you and Lady Lesso were sitting in one of the offices, when suddenly, she stands up abruptly and says. "You're going to a meeting today. You have all your reports to turn in there, and you're going to meet your new dance teacher", - she spat out the last words as if to spit them out. So you headed to the other tower, it was your first time climbing those stairs, you were a little scared, but you didn't show it. Once there, you were shown where to sit, you sat next to Lesso, since she is your Dean, her cane touched her elbow a little and it made it impossible to concentrate.

Dovey stood in the middle of the office. "And so! I want to introduce you to the new dance teachers! Emily will be teaching with the Nevers and Christian will be teaching with the Yevers. Now you can get to know each other better", - Dovey sat back down at her desk and began discussing something with Professor Anemone.

"What do you think of the new teachers?", - a voice came sharply to your right. "Well, I don't know them yet, so I can't say anything, but the looks are pretty enough", - Dean didn't respond in any way and just went about her work. Later, Dovey started talking about activities, one of them turned out to be a hike in the woods, but not in Blue, but outside of the schools, which was weird enough. Lesso really liked the idea, since no one had left the school for a long time, and she wanted to breathe in some fresh air.

"I'm all for it, too!", - you suddenly raised your voice. "I've been watching my classmates, and they're all reaching outside of school, they're all looking forward to being in nature, so it would be a very good idea. Also, you can learn and experience a lot there, it's a rewarding experience", - everyone stared at you, and you blushed a little at the attention.

"Yes, you're right Sarah", - Dovey nodded at you. "So it's decided, next week we're going outside of school!", - everyone cheered, because they had long forgotten what it was like to be outside the walls of schools.

All the teachers and deans were deciding all the nuances about it, and you were reporting to Lady Lesso for the papers you filled out.

"Well done, Sarah. If you keep up this good work, you'll show up to meetings more often, and now, we have to get back", - Lesso got up from her desk and said goodbye and left, you did the same and followed her. Walking to the school, you were silent, but it was not awkward, but in some ways comfortable. You liked it here, even though it was hard, but nowhere is easy, right? Once you got to school, Dean just went to her place and you went to your place, no big deal. Tomorrow will be an interesting day, because there will be dance lessons.

***

Morning. You overslept, for the first time in a while. You get dressed in your more comfortable clothes for the dance, and run to the dance hall. Once there, you see the teacher you had already been introduced to yesterday. She held out her hand for you to go into the classroom.

"And so! Today is our first dance class. My name is Emily. I suggest we learn some easy combinations. In case you didn't know, a lot of people can start attacking with magic during the dance! It's a great way to confuse the enemy, well the dance helps you, your emotions, so let's get started! Sarah, I saw you dancing with Lady Lesso, do you mind if we dance a duet and show the others?".

"Yes, I agree", - you walked over to your teacher.

"Then just repeat after me", - the music played and you paired up, showing the combination to the others. Everyone paired up, too, and began to repeat after you. So passed the lesson, though not without incident, someone bumped someone's legs, or on a turn hurt someone fell, in general, without injuries.

***

So passed a week, you became another favorite of the new teacher, dancing became the second favorite class. The ceremony is due tomorrow! Everyone was excited and looking forward to the day. At night, you couldn't sleep, but in the morning you put on your black classic pants, black shirt, and ran to breakfast. The dining room was much more crowded than usual. The atmosphere was palpable, everyone was waiting for the ceremony. And so, once breakfast time was over, Nevers and Evers went into the main hall.

Lining up in two columns to the Deans, everyone came up and got a full opening of their magic. You were one of the first. As you poked your finger, the power began to be felt throughout your body, there was euphoria, but it didn't last long. The deans explained that the power is contained in the emotions, and the stronger they are, the stronger you are. When everyone had passed, then Nevers and Everv sat in their seats, facing each other, and the Deans stepped forward.

"We have good news to tell you!", - Dovey began as always. "We're heading out of school tomorrow already, so pack your bags, and everything you need to stay in the woods! I hope you'll figure it out on your own, I'll see you around!",- you were let go and everyone headed to their rooms.

You were packing your bag when suddenly there was a knock on the door. You walked over and opened it, and there was Will standing there. You were about to close the door, but he held it open. "We need to talk."

"We have nothing to talk about. Go away! Otherwise", - the purple light flashed in your eyes again.

"Or else what? Turn me in to the crazy Lady Lesso who almost killed me?".

"I'll finish you off myself", - your finger began to glow.

"I wanted to apologize, I was drunk..", - the guy started talking in a pitiful voice, and it started to piss you off.

"No, no, no, nothing excuses you! Go away!", - your finger began to glow more purple.

"You threw the pendant away?".

"Yes, now get out!", - your eyes glowed purple and the guy just flew off the room and crashed into the wall. With a wave of your hand, you closed the door and continued packing your bag.

***

The next day, everyone was even more excited, getting their powers yesterday, and going outside of school today. This was something new for the Deans and the teachers, too.

They decided to split into groups, two classes from two schools with Deans and two teachers would go this semester, and the next semester the others, because it would be very difficult, one might say impossible, to keep track of everyone.

Here, you were standing in the clearing and there was a crowd of students around you, and after a certain amount of time, the stymphs flew in and took away three students at a time. Your turn came, you were grabbed in your claws and dragged through the fog, but soon enough it dissipated and you could see the forest below. By the time you were at your two, tents were already being pitched around you, a fire was being lit, and the area was being surveyed. You would be here for four days, maybe a little longer.

Once everyone was in place, the deans took a roll call and then started helping to assemble the tents. There were two students in each tent. You helped the others, but you didn't know who to take a tent with, so in the end, when all the tents were set up, you didn't have enough room at all.

"I'm sorry, I didn't have enough room, what should I do?", - you approached Lady Lesso.

"I have room, so you will sleep with me in the same tent", - the last words echoed in Sarah's head.

"Then I'll go...leave my things there and so on..", - afterwards, the girl quickly ran out of sight as usual. Soon the jokes would be back again.

The whole time you were sitting in the tent and about three hours had passed, but suddenly someone came up to the tent.

"Come out, I'll change", - the voice suddenly sounded painfully familiar.

Blushing, you walked out of the tent, and Lesso came in and began to change. She came out in loose pants, a black sweater with big sleeves and high platform shoes. You, on the other hand, were in a black sweater, black pants, high platform shoes to make you look taller. Almost all of the Nevers looked the same, but the Evers struck a chord with everyone. The girls wore dresses, and the boys wore tight shirts and pants. Such clothes are not appropriate for the forest, but at least Professor Dovey wore proper clothes.

Everyone split into pairs, or rather, all the neighbors made their own fire and cooked, lucky you more or less, but it seemed easier with Lady Lesso. You gathered dry branches and sticks, and she did the rest.

Sitting around the fire, you watched the fire illuminate Dean, her hands and face, the way it reflected in her eyes, and her hair just matched his.

"Stop staring, better help", - you shuddered, but walked over to the woman.

"Help you with what?".

"Try the soup", - the woman brought a spoonful of broth to your lips. At that moment, the whole world stopped. But, you opened your mouth and tasted it, covering your lips with your hand, you swallowed, and the woman across the table waited for a reaction. You were blushing all over, but you managed to squeeze it out.

"Very...delicious."

The dean grinned. "Then go to the tent I'll get everything there, it's better to eat in the warmth, it's getting chilly", - the girl went into the tent while Lady Lesso put the soup on the plates. When the woman entered the tent, she handed you a plate of soup, and you began to eat in complete silence.

"It's really good! Did you learn to cook somewhere?", - the Dean seemed a little surprised that you spoke up and praised her dish.

"When I was your age, I was taught this dish by my grandmother", - you nodded, needing no more, for you could see the longing and sadness on Lesso's face.

In all that time, you didn't go into the tent anymore, but you talked to your classmates. Mostly, you laughed about how the Evers were trying to make a fire, and how they were agonizing in their uncomfortable clothes. Then, you chatted a little with Dovey and told her about the book she gave you. When it started to get dark, everyone was told to go to their tents and get ready for bed.

When you entered the tent, Lady Lesso was already sitting there, though in more homely clothes that were suitable for sleeping, but you couldn't kick her out of the tent to change. You took out your pajama pants and shirt, and watched Dean.

"God, I'm not looking, and besides, what didn't I see there?", - you blushed even more, remembering the recent incident. As you took off your sweater, it still felt like someone's pair of eyes were staring. When you took off your sweater completely, leaving you in just your top, you suddenly found someone's hands on your ribs.

"Why are you so skinny? Your ribs are sticking out", - you could have sworn the girl was about to faint. You were just speechless. "Why aren't you talking? Did you swallow your tongue?", - the woman still kept her hands on your stomach, and you stared into her eyes.

"I'm just skinny, it happens", - she lied, the girl had been thin since she was 11 and suffered from an eating disorder, she didn't get this result by eating right at all. Lesso took her hands off you and sat at the other end of the tent as you quickly changed into your pajamas.

It was quite dark and time to go to bed, and you were preparing your sleeping bags, but you had forgotten to bring a warm blanket, so you would probably have to freeze. You tossed and turned as you went to bed, cold and uncomfortable, and the knowledge that Dean was sleeping behind you also kept you awake.

"Come here", - a voice came from the other end of the tent. You dragged your sleeping bag closer, and Lesso threw a blanket over you; you weren't too close together, but it was enough to ponder what was going on for a few more minutes and then fall asleep.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

101K 1.4K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
271K 7.8K 133
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
26.1K 1.9K 47
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
204K 10.3K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...