Where Promises Must Glide

By lia_fics002

"Remember all the nice stuff I said to you, Jules?" I ask, pulling out breathlessly from the kiss. She nods h... More

01 - Juliette
02 - Theo
03 - Juliette
04 - Juliette
05 - Theo
06 - Juliette
07 - Juliette / Theo
08 - Juliette
09 - Theo
10 - Juliette
11 - Theo/Juliette
12 - Juliette
13 - Theo
14 - Juliette
15 - Juliette
16 - Theo
17 - Juliette/Theo
18 - Theo/Juliette
19 - Juliette
20 - Theo/Juliette
21 - Theo
23 - Theo
24 - Juliette
25 - Theo
Playlists
26 - Juliette
27 - Theo / Juliette
28 - Theo
29 - Juliette/Theo
30 - Theo
31 - Juliette
32 - Theo
33 - Juliette
34 - Theo
35 - Juliette
36 - Juliette
37 - Theo
38 - Juliette

22 - Juliette

1.6K 45 4
By lia_fics002

My head was pounding.

Ophelia's cartoons were blaring louder than usual. But the smell of pancakes were tempting to make me get out of bed. Last nights events were a blur. all I remember is the uncomfortableness of bar hopping, then some guy, then. . . Theo.

For fucks sake, I face palm myself. Grabbing the Advil off my bedside table, and chugging the water that was suspicious warm and had bubbles around the edges. It felt like enough courage, and mental will power, to face him.

As I waddled out of my room, fluffy bunny slippers and pink robe in tow, the smell of blueberry pancakes and bacon was becoming more apparent. The whiff was enough to practically have me floating into the kitchen like a cartoon character.

"Good morning, princess," I heard coming from what felt like my least favorite voice this week. His face was bright and sunshiny—obviously he didn't nearly black out last night. The look on his face was... odd. I'm used to a scowl, a little assholery. Not. . . whatever this is.

Ignoring him, I turned my attention to Ophelia who has taken to her routine of sitting on the couch to watch tv or drawing. "Good morning, sweetie," I say as I place a kiss on the top of her head, leaning over the back of the couch to see her drawing away on her latest coloring book. I got her some matching glitter pens—that made minimal mess—to go with the lined sheets in her animal book.

"Good morning mommy," Ophelia replied, barely sparring me a glance as she was fully submerged in the book. She was coloring a cheetah, and I loved watching her give the cheetah pink fur and purple spots.

I had been watching her color for so long that I hadn't noticed Theo was standing right next to me. "You should add a crown," he said, announcing his sudden presence, which caused a slight jump out of me.

"Theo, you are so smart," she compliments, immediately adding a bejeweled crooked crown on top of the blue colored head of the cheetah. "Like this?" She asks, lifting up the color book for his approval.

"It is perfect, kiddo," he assures, fluffing her hair as he returned to cooking. I walked into the kitchen, a far enough distance to finally talk to him privately.

I sat at the island chair, ready for conversation and clarification, but he stopped me. "Do you want anything with your yoghurt? Or do you want to eat pancakes?"

Looking over his shoulder, I saw all the ingredients for my latest fixation breakfast. "I got a break today, no practice. So I'll just have bacon, no pancakes." He nodded, platting me a couple of pieces of bacon, plus the yogurt. He added honey, granola, and dried fruits like how I usually have it. He also slid me a cup of coffee—which I don't usually have this early, but he winked and I realized it was for the hangover.

"How's your head?" He asks, nonchalantly.

"You know I still hate you?" I inform him.

"Hate me as much as you want, princess. Doesn't mean I can't check up on you," he gave me a smug grin that caused me to scowl—instead of him. "Also, last I checked, I am still employed by you so I should be allowed to check up on my boss."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not your boss, Theo."

"The makeshift contract you made says otherwise," he explained, shrugging. He was finding joy in pushing my buttons.

"Do you take pride in annoying me?" I question. "Is this like some kink I need to worry about?" Maybe I could tease too, friendly fire.

He snickered. "Sweetheart, we have more concerning problems to deal with than my kinks. Now answer the question because I truly love repeating myself; how is your head?" The last sentence had a little added grit to it, and I knew I brought back the Theo I obsess over.

"It is fine," I mumble in response.

"Now was that so hard?" He says as he lifts my chin with his fingers, making me look at him—my face heated red. Handing me my plate, he turns to start to cutting up small pieces of the pancakes, adding a side of syrup and fruits. His back was still turned to me, but that didn't stop him from talking. "Want to tell me why you were at that club last night?"

I laugh, as a piece of bacon sits between my fingers. "Sorry dad," I raise my hands in mock defense. "If you must know, Monique wanted to take everyone out as a girls night. And I wanted to relive my fun college years before everything happened."

"Everything as in. . . ophelia?" He asks, almost shocked.

"Of course not!" I practically yell. "Ophelia was not what I am referring to. You know exactly what, so don't start acting shy on me, Mr. Callahan." I prop my hands on my hips, and now he has turned to me. 

"If you are referring to your ex then I would prefer to remain shy and not bring him up," his face was almost beet red, and I knew he hated my ex as much as the next person. But looking at his fists clench and his jaw tick, I realized he probably hated him a little more than most people.

"Fine, we won't bring him up," I laugh slightly to bring the tension down. I took a bit of the crispy bacon, and he slid me a cup of orange juice without even glancing at me.

"Ophelia your pancakes are done," he called out, and her little footsteps tattered on the floor as she ran to the table. I helped he into her seat, and asked her if she'd like anything to drink—her reply was apple juice which she has been crazy for lately. "Here are the delicious pancakes you helped make," Theo comments as he slid her blue plate that had the fruit and cakey treats.

Handing her her drink, I sat down near her, as she talked up a storm about helping Theo make the pancakes. "They were amazing sweetheart," I reply to her story, brushing the top of her hair and placing a kiss there.

"Mommy are you done being mean to Theo?" She questions, giving me those irresistible puppy eyes that have me doing anything for her.

"I was never mean to him, you know I always say to never be mean to people," I laugh awkwardly.

She crosses her arms. "But I didn't see him for a while, and now he is here so that means you are happy now. Can he take me to the movies again?" She practically begs the last sentence as it pops into her head.

"Yes, sweetheart, whatever you want you get," I sigh, caving into the gaze of her sparkling eyes and wide smile. I can hear a mumbled snicker come from Theo as he takes a seat next to Ophelia. I give him a death glare which causes his snicker to disappear, but be replaced with a smirk.

"I want a poster of godfather," she jumps in excitement. She doesn't know the name of Vito Corleone, only that he is called godfather because of the movie title.

"And we will get you the poster," Theo reply's before me, giving me an equally appealed glare. "Won't we, Jules?"

I sigh. Obviously I'd get her the poster in a heartbeat, but it's the way Theo has to add the extra flare—especially when I can't call him out on it because of Ophelia's deep obsession with him, and my questionable one.

"Yes we will," I grit.

"Thanks mommy!" Ophelia beams. "Thanks Theo," she adds, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Of course, tiny Phil. Maybe I can add it to the list of awesome presents I'm getting you for your birthday," Theo proposed.

My jaw tensed. How dare he? That was supposed to be my plan, and I told him that weeks ago. He gave me a smirk as if it didn't annoy me.

"What do you think, princess?" He turns to me, obviously the nickname wasn't directed towards Ophelia, but she didn't know otherwise.

"I love it!" She responded, eyes crinkled as she shoved soggy pancakes into her mouth.

"Wonderful," he teased, still staring at me. Fucking asshole.

~~

After I got a second away from Ophelia, I pulled him into my room. "Thanks for taking care of me and Ophelia, but sincerely; what the fuck was that?!" I question in anger. My ears were red and fuming like a cartoon, and my knuckles were pale.

He simply snickered a laugh. "It was childish antics, Jules," he shrugged.

"Quite it! We aren't kids, Theo." I retort. But all I see his his wide smile, his beautiful glistening eyes as they stare back at me. His stubble that is growing in slowly—a light shade of brown—and the softest hair that makes anyone beg to run their hands through.

"Why can't we have just a little fun," he practically growls, his whole demeanor changing. His hands snaked to my waist, and electricity shot through my whole body like wave currents.

I nearly choked on my own throat. "Be-because it isn't ok, and not right. I have a child and a career I need to focus on, and I already told you this," I throw his hands off my body, backing away. "If you leave me, it will break Ophelia more than me. Similar to what you just did."

He pauses. "I won't do it again," is all he pushes out in response.

"How can I believe that," I sigh. Every part of me wants to say yes, but another part is trying to warn me. I have to think about everyone else before myself. What if this is just pure attraction, and I get bored. No, it can't be. I loved every moment we'd stay up for hours and just talk about everything. I loved our banters. And sometimes he sucked at communicating and rather preferred a fist, but we can work on that.

"Because no person lets someone into their lives for over a month, and not hold the slightest amount of trust," he says, his voice soft and ridden of all humor and lust. "I can work off that little amount, I can build. Have I told you how good I am with tools? And my hands?" This time he smirked.

A laugh bubbles lightly out of me. "Fine," I sigh, a relief lifts from me.

A/N I fell like I ruined Theos character, so I'm trying to fix that. Let's forget how he acted a couple chapters ago :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431K 9.3K 45
''I'm the leader of this gang,'' he informed me. ''Is that supposed to intimidate me or something?'' I asked with raised eyebrows. ''It should.'' ___...
8.5M 291K 55
Nicholas Adams has lived a life of abuse from his alcoholic father and sex addict mother. So growing up was tough. He makes sure everyone fears him...
152K 5.3K 41
"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈, 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲." [MATURE] After finally getting rid of her toxic boyfriend, Bethany Russo is ready to take control...
802K 16.3K 60
Piper Walsh is like a gentle breeze, her warmth and kindness touching everyone she meets. Raised with the weight of responsibility on her young shoul...