The Duke's Daughter

By Aoife_Sel24

Cassandra Allison Claire Von Montefrancesco is the sole and esteemed daughter of the Grand Duke of the Atesia... More

Prologue
01 - Reincarnated
02 - Market
03 - Start
04 - Unexpected
05 - Her
06 - preparation
Chapter 07 - The Party
Chapter 08 - The love that came back
Chapter 09 - His POV
Author's Guide
Chapter 10 - Venom
Chapter 11 - Gideon?!
Chapter 12 - Jealousy, Jealousy
Chapter 13 - The Seleriah
Chapter 15 - Rava
Chapter 16 - Mystery man
Chapter 17 - It all starts now
Epilogue

Chapter 14 - The Prophecy

893 27 9
By Aoife_Sel24

Chapter 14 - The Prophecy

"A soul residing within the boundaries of Sharzah,
A child derived from the divine Goddess Rabiyah,
As the passage of time advances swiftly,
You are obligated to promptly restore that which has been illicitly taken.
Reunite that which rightfully belongs to me;
The celestial force and guardian of Time..."

I ponder a lot about that. It's been a 4 days since my awakening from the viper venom, and everyone has been extremely vigilant and protective of me. I find it rather annoying.

“My Lady, would you like to go for a walk in the garden?” I glare at her because she knows very well what happens whenever I go out.

“Oh come on, my lady! It will be different now, the Duke and the Young masters are nowhere insight!” A new wave of hope and happiness washes over me and I engulfed her in a tight hug.

“I'll go dress up now!” I went over to my wardrobe and found this beautiful sundress.

I liked this dress very much, it's simple and modest enough for me to wear. I even bought it with my own money.

Rose/Mom and I went to the garden. This garden was made in memory of my Mother when she died in labor.

It's really beautiful, the castle overlooks the garden and you could also see the castle from here.

Its really a great sight to see. But then somebody interrupt me from admiring the garden.

Without looking I call these people out. “Young masters, I thought you're not within the Dukedom's domain, it seems I'm wrong.” I glared at Rose who innocently looked away.

“Come out now, all three of you!” They all came out from the bush they were hiding and one after the other thy reveal themselves to me.

With a strict face I glare at the three of them. “What in the Gods are you all doing following me?!” I angrily shouted at them.

They cower in embarrassment as I scold them. They ought to know I deserve some privacy.

“Please, all three of you, and including you too, Rivel!” I saw the bush behind them shake a little and confirms my suspicion. “Yes, Rivel, I know you're here too.” I sigh in frustration at all of them.

“All of you, I tell you all this one more time. I. Need. Privacy! So leave me be!” And with that, I stormed off leaving them there.

Gods! I can't with them!

And that is how the day of Cassandra ends extremely badly.

****

[Dinner time]

Have you guys ever felt the feeling of just wanting to scream and punch somebody in the face? Well you see, I have that feeling in me now and it's not going away.

Let me get you some context, omkie?

[Hours before dinner time]

“Cassandra.”

“Cassy.”

Oh no, please, please tell me my Mom and Grandma isn't here! Oh please no!

With a heavy heart and sweaty palms, I turn and look at the two of them. They have stern emotionless faces as they stare at me dead in the eyes.

“Hey guys, how is it going? Hehehe...” with a nervous laugh I tried to lighten things up with them.

My Mom raised her hand and BAAM!

“OW! Mom! What was that for?!” I massage my head. That hurt!

“Good job, dear! I think you have knocked some senses to this girl.” My eyes went wide when Grandma said that.

"Grandma! How could you? I'm your granddaughter!" She scoffs. "And she's my daughter!" She points at my Mother. I pout. I can't say anything back now.

“Cassandra Allison Claire Von Montefrancesco! How could you treat your brothers and your lover like that?! They just want to keep you safe, that's all!” I rolled my eyes (I know, that's awfully disrespectful of me towards my Mother. Curse me!)

“Well, how could they mistreat me that way in my previous life! Riddle me that!” She was going to open her mouth and say something but she couldn't.

Ha-ha! I win!

My Grandma then turns to look at me. Her eyebrow raised, her shoes clacking on the marbled floor of my room. The sound of her heels clacking made me feel nervous, a shiver running down my spine.

Leaning in, as she got near me. “You better apologize to your brothers and to Prince Rivel, and you will spend time with your Father and your brothers, a picnic is what I imagine is a perfect bonding time.” She says, her voice sounded so calm it's scaring me.

I nodded my head, too scared to make any sound. “I need words, child.” We stared at each other, unblinking. “Yes, Empress Dowager.” I said.

We heard a knock, that broke our eye contact and we all looked behind at the doors direction.

“Come in?” I told whoever it is at the door. The door opens and closes, it was the butler. “My Lady, I am here to escort you to the dining hall, it's time to eat.” I sighed, looking back at my grandma and my mom, they were gone and rose was herself again, I hope.

I nodded my head. “Okay, I'll be right there. Give me a few minutes.” He bows his head quickly and left.

I sigh as soon as he left. I can't believe I argued with my Mom and my Grandma, I'm so gonna have my ass whooped by both of them.

With that thought aside, I dressed in a simple and casual white dress.

Heading to the dinning area, there isn't a time I wasn't thinking of what happened earlier. My Mom and Grandma have a point but you can't blame for acting the way that I did. I am not a child, nor am I weak, I don't need them tailing me all around, it's not like they did that to me way before.

A painful memory then came through my mind.

[Flashback]

(Cassy, 5 years old)

Waking up, I felt so hot and uncomfortable. My head hurts and my throat feels so dry, I want some water.

“M-miss Lidea, m-m-may I h-have some water? P-pwease?” I reached for Miss Lidea, the head maid, but she swatted my hand away.

“You little bitch, don't you dare touch me!” She groans in disgust as she wipes the arm where I reached for. “Eat your food and come out to work, you cursed little brat!” She orders and stormed off.

“......But I'm not feeling good....” I whimper, sobbing and ate my food.

I went out and did the work that was handed to me. After I did my work, I was certainly not feeling good, my throat is so scratchy and my head hurts so much. I have a fever.

“Hey brat! Come here!” I heard Miss Lidea yells for me. I flinched knowing what she needs from me. It took me a while to move to her, she looked so angry.

“M-miss Lidea?” I looked up to her.

“It's time, let's go.” I looked at her with pleading eyes. “Please Miss Lidea, not today, m-maybe tomorrow?” She didn't say anything and yanks me by the arm hard. She dragged me to the extraction room.

“Please! Please! Please don't! Miss Lidea please! I beg you!” I cry, begging her for mercy.

“This is what you get for being a bad girl, for killing the Queen, bringing the empire misfortune!” She snaps at me, throwing me to the room.

“My, my, hello there Rava....” The Man said, and he made me feel nothing but pain. I fainted during that period of being with him.

[End of Flashback]

I shake that memory away. Arriving at the dining room, I nod to the guards at the door and they nodded back, opening the doors for me.

“Cassandra, finally your here!” Alistair was first to greet me, he stood up from his seat and embraced me. I wasn't sure how to react but I tapped him two times and gave him short small smile.

“H-hello, good evening.” I shutter a bit before I broke off from his hold. Clearing my throat I greeted everyone else that's inside the room.

“Your Grace, Young masters.” I curtsy, and after that I took my seat at the very end. We started eating and as we eat, something unexpected happens.

“So, Cassandra, how was your day?” My Father, the Duke, asked me. For the first time, he asked me how my day was. It felt so weird, I was taken aback by that.

“It was fine, your grace.” I replied to him, and resumed to eating my food. I heard someone cleared their throats and I looked up to see that it was my father.

“Your Grace? Is there something the matter?” I looked at him, confused. “Well, I heard that you yelled at your brothers and the crown prince of Etheria, you shouldn't have done that. You know—” I aggressively put my cutlery down causing it to make a loud angry sound, just how I'm feeling.

“Did you know that they've been invading MY privacy for four days straight?! Did you also know that I have no ounce of time for myself because they're always lurking around where I am, and I do not like that! So yeah, I think I do have the right to do what I did and I will do it over and over again, with no regrets!” I was fuming now, because not only is he trying to defend them— no, he is defending what they did.

“Well, they are worried and they only want to make sure you are safe. That's all.” I scoffed hearing his words.

“You want me to be safe? Then kindly leave me the fuck alone, go play Father to your daughter.” I stared at him, deadpan. I only broke eye contact when I realized what I've just said.

I stood up right and cleared my throat. “Excuse me, Your Grace. I'm done for today, thank you for the meal.” I curtsy at him, and to my young brothers before I left.

Inside my room, I laid down, facing up to the ceiling. “This suck...” I said, closing my eyes and drifted off to slumber.

[In Seleriah]

“Aumraeh, what are we going to do? He's growing stronger day by day, we need to hurry up.” the Lady in a white dress, a veil covering her face. “Rabiyah, I trust you and your kin to fulfil the prophecy. Your great granddaughter, Cassandra, she is the chosen one, she is the one in the prophecy. Lead her to the right path, and all will be well.” the women in white says and dispersed into a glittery mist.

Author's Note:

Hello my hanybees, I'm super duper sorry, your Mami Hans took so long to update but it's because I was busy with practice and I graduated! YAYY for me!

But anyway, here is a small treat for you, my sweet sweet hanybees. An update, and it has another Easter egg for y'all!

Enjoy dissecting this chapter and figuring out the clue and what it could mean. I hope you've been enjoying this work of mine, and I read your comments and thanks for sharing me your thoughts about this work of mine.

So, that's just about it, see you next update,

As always,

Love lots, Hans ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 43.3K 32
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** Viola is the youngest ch...
187K 13.4K 64
Darkness is creeping in from the edges of the empire. A threat that has been all but lost to history is rising again. Cassia Auralius is the first fe...
77.4K 1.6K 31
Cassandra "Cass" Schmidt is the Niece and Goddaughter of Her Majesty Queen Charlotte, Renowned for her Intelligence, Love for History and Ambitious C...
245K 8.9K 36
Jadie had lived a pathetic life where she never truly got to know happiness, her parents ignored her existence, her siblings hated her and her "frien...