02 - Market

Author's Note: the picture above is what my vision of Adonis would look like.

The picture is not mine, all the credits to the owner.

Chapter 02 -
Market

✿Cassy's point of view✿

I never hated eating like this before, but now I proved myself wrong today.
My sperm donor, ahem! I mean, my Father sat as the very end of the long table and my brothers sat next to his left side by the order of their ages.

I, on the other hand, sat far from them all. More preferably, at the very side end of the table.

"My lady, why did you sat here? Did you not want to sit near your brothers and father?" Rosabella whispered in my ear. I look at her over my shoulder and whispered back. "Rose, I do not want to receive their cold gazes and indifference, that is why I sat far from them." I explained to her. She didn't say anything more and stayed quiet after that.

Supper wasn't too bad, if I hadn't need to sit and eat in the same table as my "Family" then it would've been a perfect day for me.

Neither of us talked, it was a silent dinner, which I very much appreciated from them. But I've forgotten that I have a very talkative brother.

"Hey you! Why are you sitting there? You did something wrong today, didn't you? That's why you're sitting far away from us! Why? Is it that bad that you must sit so far?" My third brother, Adonis is a very talkative and sharp tongue person. And out of all my three brothers, he is the only one that talks to me oftentimes.

But he only talks to me when he wants to insult or talk ill of me. I have gotten use to his unfiltered mouth, so sometimes I'll just ignore him.

"Hey! I'm talking to you! Did you really cause trouble? Hey! Answer me!" He's really getting on my nerves now. I start to ate as fast as I could and when he was still rambling on about me being disrespectful to him, I stood up from my seat and went to where my Father was seated.

"I'm done eating, Your Grace. Excuse me." I told him shortly.

But before I leave, I look at Adonis and said; "Third young master, I do not wish to waste my energy and breath in arguing with and associating myself with people I too, do not want to be in the same room with. So if I may, I wish to be left alone." I curtsied and left.

"Hah, That was so exhausting! Don't you think so too, Rose?" I inquired to Rose but I didn't hear any reply from her.

I look up to see her but when I saw her face I wanted to laugh so loudly.

"Rose, what happened to you? Why do you look so pale?" I ask with an amused smile. She snapped out from her dazed shocked face and looked at me, still shock.

"My lady, why did you say that to the third young master? Now, we're doomed! No, I'm doomed!" She exclaimed loudly.

I only shook my head and rolled my eyes. "You know, Rose? You're such a worrywart! You need to loosen up a bit! And I promise you, you won't be doomed, okay?" I assured her with that. We both smiled and finally she let it go.

Rose helped me get ready for bed and even stayed to chat with me until I fell asleep.

****

The next morning was like any morning I had before, I woke up, Rose comes in and helps me dress up, we leave for breakfast and I do whatever I want from the rest of the day.

When I say that I just do whatever I want for the rest of the day, I meant me staying inside my room and just stare from a far or I read a book.

It's really boring. But then I saw something from outside of my window.