04 - Unexpected

Author's Note: the picture above is my vision of how Daniella would look like.

But just imagine her without the elf ears.

The picture is not mine, all credits to the owner.

Chapter 04 -
Unexpected

Cassy's point of view✿

"I'm bored! I don't know what to do! And the delivery won't arrive until the end of the week!" I whined as I roll around on my bed, messing it's covers up.

"My lady! Please, stop rolling around like that! You're ruining the covers and your wrinkling your clothes and also messing your hair at the same time too!" There she goes again! Always scolding and nagging me that I should act more like a lady and be more poise like the others.

She was also like this when I told her this after I fell of my horse; "Oh Rose, it's fine! What can a little mess do me any harm?"

"My lady! It isn't just the mess I'm worried about! It's you!" She help me up. "You're the daughter of the Grand Duke of the Atesian Empire, The Emperor's youngest and only niece! You should know how to keep your image clean!" She told me this in just one breath. I'm impressed.

"Rose, wether I act the way I should be, I'll be always be the unloved and abandoned cursed child of the Grand Duke, so why must I keep acting like I'm a meek and damsel in distress?" I said, doing a dramatic pose.

"My lady, even so, you mustn't act like this! You're a Montefrancesco! You represent your father and his dukedom, so you must behave yourself.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes saying so.

~~♡♡~~

Another day, another boring day to waste.

That's how I described my day in my wing the past week, boring and empty.

*Knock**Knock*

"Yes, who is it?" There was a long pause from the person before revealing his identity.

"I-It's Alexander! May I come in?" I was shocked but recovered from it seconds later.

"Yes, yes, you may..." I said, almost whispering it.

The door opens and my brother's face is what I saw first, we had brief eye contact before he breaks it.

He closed the door and looked around my room first before settling in to sit across me.

The room fell silent as he and I awkwardly sit across each other. This is the first time, he and I ever had interaction.

"So? What is it that you came here for?" I inquired about his intentions of coming here before judging him wholely.

"I, I came here to discuss things with you." There was something off with how he said things but I ignore that and go with the flow.

"What things are we talking about, hmm?"

"I want to talk about your childhood here in the west wing? What is was like? If it was hard? If—"

"My life here is full of misery, pain, suffering and your will to survive. It's either you fight for life or die fighting for it! That's how I've been living for the past years and until now." I looked at him with rage that I've been suppressing since long ago.