A Girl Called Lori

By RStoriesz

Lex has been defeated, and Kara and Lena are rebuilding their friendship, with Kara having realised she is to... More

Chapter 1 - A Girl Called Lori
Chapter 2 - Lori at L-Corp
Chapter 3 - The Interview
Chapter 4 - Final Assessments
Chapter 5 - Lori's New Home
Chapter 6 - Lori's Issues
Chapter 7 - Lori Meets Alex
Chapter 8 - Jealousy
Chapter 9 - Indian Food
Chapter 10 - Lori Meets Nia
Chapter 11 - Italian Lunch
Chapter 12 - Another Nightmare
Chapter 13 - Alex & Lori
Chapter 14 - Helen's Check In
Chapter 15 - Kara and Lori's Friday
Chapter 16 - Eliza Meets Lori
Chapter 17 - Making Pizzas
Chapter 18 - Roast Dinner
Chapter 19 - Back to School
Chapter 20 - First Date Preparations
Chapter 21 - Kara & Lena's Date
Chapter 22 - Kara Tells Lori
Chapter 23 - Second Date
Chapter 24 - Sexy Fun Times
Chapter 25 - Christmas Shopping
Chapter 26 - The Terrorists
Chapter 27 - Drive to Midvale
Chapter 28 - Midvale
Chapter 29 - Christmas Eve Part 1
Chapter 30 - Christmas Eve Part 2
Chapter 31 - Christmas Fair
Chapter 32 - Christmas Day Part 1
Chapter 33 - The News
Chapter 34 - Digging Dirt
Chapter 35 - Kara Meets the Lawyer
Chapter 36 - A New Year
Chapter 37 - Custody Petition
Chapter 38 - Stephen Andrews
Chapter 39 - Lori Finds Out
Chapter 40 - Morning Cuteness
Chapter 41 - Day with Lori
Chapter 42 - Court Date
Chapter 43 - Trial Preparations
Chapter 44 - Lawyer Meeting
Chapter 45 - Second Trial Prep
Chapter 46 - Trial Nerves
Chapter 47 - Trial Begins
Chapter 48 - Court Day 2
Chapter 49 - Kara on the Stand
Chapter 50 - Kara Questioned
Chapter 51 - The Investigation
Chapter 52 - Cat Testifies!
Chapter 53 - Finale Part 1

Chapter 54 - A Girl Called Lori

783 32 5
By RStoriesz

It is now about 10 minutes after the decision was put forward, that Kara gets to keep custody of her daughter, and actually won the court battle against Stephen Andrews. Over those 10 minutes, Kara spent about 5 of them not really knowing where she was, or what was going on, as it was just so surreal. Even though Kara didn't want to admit it out loud, internally she was preparing for the news that the judge would rule against her, and emotionally preparing herself to hear that horrible news. Kara never even thought to prepare herself emotionally for, the news that she would win. Of course, Kara was hopeful she'd win the court battle, she just didn't think about the emotional weight that hearing she has won would do to her. So, over these first five minutes, Kara really just felt she was talked at, with Lena hugging her, and giving her kisses on the cheeks, Mark saying something to her, then Alex, Eliza, Kelly and even Cat giving her hugs, as they all made their way out of the court room. It was all just a blur for Kara.

The second 5 minutes though, Kara did finally come back into focus of everything, as it had all finally just settled in Kara's mind that she actually won. But once this happened, she was approached by Stephen Andrews, and Cameron Dennis, who promised her that this isn't over, and that an appeal would be filed, with them basically threatening to drag this all out for years to come. But upon hearing that, Kara didn't really care, she knew they were only threatening her out of fear. She'd won, and that is all that mattered, Cameron Dennis and Stephen Andrews' threats are just hollow, and Kara is sure that with more time now, her friends, and other law enforcement agencies, would be able to dig something conclusive up on their involvement in Lori's father's death.

"Now Kara, I fully expect you to stick to our agreement." Cat says, with a smile, as they walk out of the court house, into the fresh air, with the sun shining, a perfect day really, "I'm going to be in town for a few more days. So, I would very much like to meet your daughter."

Cat saying those two words 'your daughter', really just makes this moment seem even more amazing, as of course, people have referred to Lori as her daughter before now. However, in this moment, it is actually the truth. Kara is going to get to adopt Lori.

"We'll arrange something, sometime, Cat." Lena says, speaking up for Kara, with the CEO holding one of her arms.

"Okay. I will look forward to it." Cat smiles, "But, I'm going to be off now. Congratulations again, Kara. I didn't doubt you for a second. Supergirl always seems to find a way to win."

Lena chuckles lightly at Cat saying that.

"I think it was Kara Danvers that won this, this time." Lena comments.

"Hmmm. Yes." Cat nods, "It seems that Kara Danvers always finds a way to win too."

After Cat says this, a car literally pulls up in front of Cat, and she gets inside, almost as if the former CatCo owner had arranged for that to happen, which is a potential possibility.

"She really is something, isn't she?" Alex comments, with a smile, as Cat Grant's car drives away.

"Yeah." Kara nods.

Kara knows that she owes Cat so much, not only for actually hiring her as her assistant in the first place, which Cat took a bit of a leap of faith doing, as she had never been anyone's assistant before. But Kara also knows she owes Cat for helping her to become a reporter, framing her to the world as Supergirl, and all her support over the years, both as Kara, and as Supergirl. But what Cat did yesterday, testifying on Kara's behalf, tops all of that. Kara knows she will never be able to repay Cat for doing that.

"Quite a character indeed." Eliza says.

Eliza, for her part, can see that Kara is still in a bit of a daze from everything that has happened over these last few minutes. So, she knows that her daughter probably needs a little time alone, or, time just with her and Lena.

"How about we all give you and Lena some time alone?" Eliza suggests, "I can still see you need some time to process everything, Kara. So, how about we let you and Lena have the rest of the day together, with the two of you, and Lori, and then later this afternoon, we will all come round to your apartment to celebrate?"

"Yes. That sounds like a great idea." Kelly smiles, also picking up on the fact that Kara just needs a bit of alone time right now, "In fact, we can bring Esme, once she gets out of school. I'm sure Esme would absolutely love to spend the afternoon and evening playing with her cousin."

"Yeah..... okay...... thank you...." Kara nods, not saying too many words still.

"Alright." Alex says, as she Kelly and Eliza all look at one another, "We will see you two later."

"Okay." Lena nods, "Don't worry, I'll stay with her."

"Thank you." Eliza smiles.

Eliza, Kelly and Alex all give Kara one final hug before they walk away, leaving Kara and Lena alone.

"Shall we go home and see our daughter?" Lena asks, with a smile, after a few moments silence.

"Ye.... yeah..." Kara says.

"Alright. I'll call my driver, and get him to come pick us up." Lena says, as she pulls out her phone from her pocket.

"No." Kara says.

"What?" Lena replies, confused.

"Can.... can we just walk?" Kara asks, "I think.... before I see Lori.... and tell her..... I just need some more time to take this all in."

"Yeah.... okay. We can do that." Lena says, as she puts her phone back in her pocket, "Let's walk."

The duo then begin walking in the direction of Kara's apartment, Lena holding one of Kara's arms as they do. During this walk, they don't say anything to one another, and Lena is okay with that, as she knows that Kara is still processing everything. Then, at the same time, the silence is not an uncomfortable one. Lena thinks that's what makes a relationship special, when the two of you can be in a room with one another, and it not feel awkward if you are not saying anything to one another.

Eventually after about 15 minutes, the dup arrive at the front of Kara's apartment building, or, their apartment building, seeing as Lena will be moving in with them. During this 15 minute walk, Kara still hasn't said anything to Lena. But as they arrive at the apartment building, Kara just stops outside, and doesn't make a move to go inside.

"Something the matter?" Lena asks, in a confused voice, as she notices Kara isn't making a move to walk inside the building.

"I uhmmm...." Kara stammers.

Lena now closes the distance to Kara, and takes both of the blonde's hands in her own.

"It's okay, darling, you won. You won. Lori is ours. Lori will legally be your daughter, then later, our daughter. You won." Lena says.

Hearing Lena say these words, finally allows everything to just sink into place for Kara, and as it does, her head clears, and Kara looks Lena in the eyes. Written on Lena's face Kara can see so much love, and Kara, at the same time, feels so much love for Lena too.

"Marry me." Kara suddenly finds herself saying.

"What?!" Lena says, in a completely shocked voice.

Kara is silent for a moment after Lena says this, as she processes what she just actually said to Lena, and what she just asked her.

"I..... oh Rao." Kara says, "I...... I didn't mean..... No. No. No. I...... Rao..... I didn't want to ask you like that. I wanted it to be special. I wanted our moment to be....."

"Kara." Lena says, in a firm voice.

Kara stops rambling and looks Lena in the eyes once more.

"Say it again." Lena simply says.

"Say wha...." Kara begins.

"Say it again." Lena says, interrupting Kara.

After Lena says this, Kara takes a deep breath, looks Lena in the eyes again, and finally releases that breath.

"Will you..... marry me?" Kara asks.

After Kara says this, Lena grows a small smile on her face. However, that small smile starts to grow and grow, until it turns into one of the biggest smiles Lena has ever had on her face. So much so, it hurts.

"Yes. Yes. Of course I will, yes." Lena says, and takes Kara in for a deep passionate kiss.

Kara and Lena continue to kiss for the next few minutes, and as they do, Kara actually realises what she just did. Kara realises that she just asked Lena to marry her, and what is even more incredible, is that Lena said yes.

"Oh Rao." Kara says, once she and Lena part from their kiss.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the kiss that much, fiancé." Lena says, with a smirk.

"No..... Not that." Kara says, "I mean..... it was an incredible kiss. But..... I can't believe I actually just proposed to you."

Lena now grows a hurt look on her face at Kara saying that. Kara, quickly notices.

"No. No. No. I don't mean it like that." Kara says, "I mean....... I wasn't even thinking about proposing to you. It just came out..... because I'm overwhelmed with all these emotions. That's not to say I'm not happy I did just propose to you, and you said yes, I am. I just...... I imagined that if we were to get engaged..... or if we were to have a proposal, it would be something really romantic, and big. I mean.... I don't even have a ring."

"Darling...." Lena says, "All of that is over rated. I don't need anything special like that. I just want you, you and Lori, now and forever. I.... just hope you feel the same way about me too."

"I do. Of course I do." Kara says, "It's just..... the moment when someone proposes to another person is built up to be this big thing. I'm just.... a bit disappointed that we won't get a really romantic one like that."

"Well..... who says we can't?" Lena asks, with a smirk.

"What?" Kara replies, confused.

"We can still be engaged. But.... we can now buy each other rings. Then, when we have the rings, we can kind of propose again." Lena suggests.

"Really?" Kara says, surprised.

"Sure." Lena nods, "Although, you better hurry, because this time I plan to propose to you first with a ring."

Kara chuckles at Lena saying that.

"I love you." Kara says.

"I love you too." Lena smiles.

Kara and Lena then take one another in for another kiss again, before eventually parting.

"Now, come on. Let's not keep Lori waiting any longer." Lena says, with a smile.

"Yeah, let's go see our daughter, my future wife." Kara says, with her own beaming smile.

Kara and Lena then take each other's hands, and begin to walk into the apartment building.

**********************

A few minutes later, Kara and Lena are now just opening the door to their apartment, where they are going to get to tell their daughter the good news, on multiple fronts now.

"You ready?" Lena asks Kara.

"Always." Kara replies, with a loving smile.

Lena chuckles.

"That's usually my line." Lena says.

Kara then opens the door, and once she does, she and Lena see that Nia and Lori are right in the middle of playing a game with a bunch of Lori's toys. In fact, they are so absorbed in their game, as they sit in the living room area, that neither of them even notice Kara and Lena entering the apartment.

Lena and Kara simply turn to look at one another, and show each other their smiles. Kara and Lena simply love that Lori and Nia get on so well, and play together like this. They know that Nia is certainly going to be a very good babysitter over the coming years.

After a few moments of just watching Lori and Nia, Lena and Kara soon step forward, with Lena clearing her throat, making their presence known. As Lena does this, both Nia and Lori look towards Lena and Kara, with surprised looks on their faces.

"Oh!" Nia says, in a slightly surprised voice,

"Mommy! Lena!" Lori says, and quickly gets up from the floor, and runs over to Kara and Lena, taking each of them in for a hug.

"Hello, Lori." Kara smiles, happily.

"Hello, darling." Lena says.

Nia now watches this sight of Lena, Kara and Lori greeting each other and just being a family. However, Nia does soon realise that she is now sort of intruding on a family moment, and she should probably leave Kara and Lena to tell Lori the good news, as Nia already knows the good news, with Alex texting her everything, knowing that her sister was in too much of a daze to do so.

"Okay." Nia smiles, "Well, I think I will head out, and let you three have some alone time."

"Oh.... yes..... Thank you for watching Lori today and yesterday, Nia. It really means a lot to me." Kara says.

"To us." Lena says.

"To us." Kara says, agreeing with Lena.

"You're both very welcome. I had an absolutely lovely time playing with this little one, and I'd happily do it any time you ask." Nia smiles, as she strokes the top of Lori's head.

Lori simply rests her head on Nia's side, in a little loving gesture.

"I know that you have been here a lot these last two days, but if you want, we are having people around this afternoon, as a bit of a celebration. We would love for you to be here too, if you aren't sick of us?" Kara asks, with a smile.

"I'd love to come." Nia smiles, "I'll just go home, finish some work, have a shower, and come back later this afternoon."

"Alright. See you then, Nia." Kara smiles.

Nia nods her head at Lena and Kara, before turning to look at Lori.

"I'll see you in a few hours, okay Lori?" Nia says.

"Okay." Lori smiles, and nods her head.

Nia then gives everyone one last smile before leaving the apartment, leaving Lena and Kara alone with their daughter.

"Okay, Lori, mommy and I just need to tell you something. So, let's go sit down on the couch, okay?" Lena says.

"Okay?" Lori says, in an unsure voice, "Is it bad?"

"No. It's not bad." Lena says.

Kara, Lena and Lori then all take a seat on one of the couches, with Lori sitting in between Kara and Lena.

"So, Lori...." Kara begins, "This week, you know that I have been going to the court house, to do the trial as to whether I get to keep you or not, right?"

"Y.... yeah....." Lori says, in an unsure, and clearly scared voice.

"Well, today, just now, I got the results. And you are staying with me. No one is going to take you away from me." Kara says.

As soon as Kara says this, Lori literally launches herself over towards Kara, taking her in for a big hug, and bursts into tears.

"Oh Lori." Kara says, as she hugs her daughter tightly.

While Kara hugs Lori, Lena simply grows a sympathetic look on her face, and strokes the 7-year-old's back.

"I love you, mommy." Lori says, through her tears.

"I love you too, my baby girl." Kara says, as she continues to hug Lori, "And no one is ever going to take you away from me and Lena now. In the coming weeks, I will officially get to adopt you, and you will become Lori Danvers, and then, after that, Lena is going to adopt you too, so you'll become Lori Luthor-Danvers, or Lori Danvers-Luthor, we'll figure out what way your name will be."

Once Kara finishes speaking this time, Lori parts from her hug with Kara, and turns to look at Lena, before taking her in for a hug too.

"I love you, Lena." Lori says, as she hugs the CEO.

"I love you too, darling, so much." Lena says, "I'm so happy that everything is over now, and you finally will have the forever home that you have deserved. We will all be a happy family over these next several years, and I'm so overjoyed about that."

In response to this, Lori simply just continues to hug Lena tightly, both Kara and Lena know just how happy Lori must be right now, because they know that she loves this home, and desperately doesn't want to leave it, and now that is true. Lori will never have to find a new home again. Lori has her family, and that is with Kara and Lena, now and forever.

Lena and Lori continue to hug for a few minutes, with Kara stroking the 7-year-old's back, but they do eventually part from their hug. All three ladies now have some tears in their eyes, from happiness, and permanent smiles on their faces.

"When will I become Lori Danvers?" Lori asks Kara.

"Uhhh..... I don't know." Kara replies, "We don't have a timeline yet. But I imagine it will be fairly quickly."

"Okay." Lori nods, with a smile.

"There is.... one more thing we'd like to tell you though." Kara says, "It's another really good thing."

"What is it?" Lori asks, looking between Kara and Lena.

Kara then looks at Lena, with a smile on her face, and Lena smiles back at her.

"Well, just as Lena and I were walking back over here, from the courthouse, I was so caught up in my emotions and everything, that once we arrived, I asked Lena to marry me, and she said yes." Kara explains.

Lori's eyes widen at Kara saying this.

"You're..... you're engaged?" Lori asks.

"Yes, darling." Lena says, with a nod of her head.

"OH WOWW!!!!!!!!!!!!" Lori says, happily, and takes both Kara and Lena in for another hug, "Both my mommies will be married!"

Lena, for her part, feels her heart do a little leap at Lori saying that, because it's literally the first time Lori has referred to her as 'one of her mommies', and it feels so good to hear out loud.

"Yes, darling, we are." Lena says, with a happy smile.

Lena, Lori and Kara all continue to hug, and celebrate all the news today for a little while, just basking in the happiness of the moment.

"Can I be at your wedding too?" Lori eventually asks.

"Of course you can, darling." Lena says.

"Yeah." Kara nods, with a smile, "You are our daughter, so of course you will be at the wedding. Plus, obviously Lena and I haven't talked about the specifics of it yet. But I'd hope that maybe you'd be involved in some way or other."

"Yes, that sounds like a good idea." Lena says, with a nod of her head.

After this, the trio just talk with one another and celebrate for a little while, and then spend the rest of the afternoon being a nice little family, just being happy together. Eventually though, Kelly, Eliza, Esme and Alex arrive, followed by Nia and Brainy soon after, with J'onn being the last one to get to Kara and Lena's apartment for the evening. In doing so, Brainy and J'onn both apologise to Kara that they were not able to find anything concrete, but they promise, along with Alex, that in the future, and over time, they will likely eventually be able to find something to put both Stephen Andrews and Cameron Dennis away for their crimes. However, Kara isn't too worried about that right now, so she just tells her friends she is happy that they are here with her to celebrate.

Of course, as the group are all together, and celebrating the fact that Kara won her court case, both Kara and Lena take it as an opportune moment to tell all their friends that they are engaged, and going to be married. Upon hearing this, all the group break out into another round of celebrations, hugging Kara, Lena and Lori, knowing that they are going to make an absolutely amazing family.

Time goes on from this point, and the group of friends, which is really a family, spend the rest of the afternoon and evening, enjoying each other's company, playing some games with each other, with Esme and Lori even going into Lori's room to play together. The adults also drink some wine, and of course, no get together involving Kara is complete without them ordering food, with them ordering Chinese, just so they got get an ungodly amount of potstickers for Kara to stuff her face with. Eventually though, the evening does get late, and everyone starts to go home, once more congratulating Kara on her court case win, and Kara and Lena on getting engaged.

********************

It is now later on in the evening, and Kara and Lena are asleep in their bed, having fallen asleep really quickly after settling into bed, as today was really emotionally exhausting for both of them, but for a good reason. Lori is also in her own bed. As much as Kara and Lena would have loved to have Lori in bed with them tonight, they know that they can't get into a habit of having Lori sleep with them. Plus, when they put Lori to bed, they did think that maybe they would have a bit of an adult moment between each other, to celebrate their engagement, however, Kara and Lena were just too tired to do any of that.

Suddenly, Kara wakes up, with it being around 1AM in the morning right now.

"Lena...." Kara says, in a whisper, shaking her girlfriend awake.

"Hmhmmmm....." Lena says, in a tired voice.

"Lena, I need you to wake up now." Kara says, in an urgent voice.

This urgent voice from Kara does the trick for Lena, and she suddenly is very much awake.

"What.... what is going on?" Lena asks, in a confused voice.

"I need you to go into Lori's room, and hide in her wardrobe with her. Protect her." Kara says.

"What I...." Lena begins.

"Someone has just broken into the apartment. I need you to protect Lori, so I can focus on dealing with them." Kara says.

"Okay." Lena says, and quickly jumps out of bed.

Lena and Kara then slowly walk towards Kara's bedroom door, and Kara pokes her head out, and soon gives Lena the signal that the coast is clear, allowing the CEO to quickly go into Lori's room, and leave Kara alone.

Now that Lena is with Lori, and Kara knows she doesn't have to focus on Lori too much, she turns her attention, and hearing, towards the front of her apartment. From her hearing, Kara can tell that someone has broken a window near her front door, and is now unlocking the front door itself, allowing several other people to walk through the door. All in all, Kara can hear the heartbeats of at least 5 people.

Kara then proceeds to quickly use her powers to fly out of the apartment, and then come back inside, through the front door, meaning that she is now behind the 5 people who are making their way towards her living room, and the hallway that leads to the bedrooms. It is pretty dark right now, as no lights are on, so none of the introducers saw Kara quickly fly out of the apartment window.

Kara soon clears her throat, and as she does, all 5 of the intruders turn around to look at her.

"This isn't your apartment." Kara says, with a smirk.

A few of the intruders then point guns at Kara, which she very much expected.

"Where's Lori Smith?" One of the intruders asks.

From the voice, Kara can tell that it's Cameron Dennis.

"Safe. And where you can't get to her, Mr Dennis." Kara says.

After Kara says this, despite the fact Kara cannot see Cameron Dennis' face, because it is covered in a balaclava, from his body language alone Kara can tell that her saying his name surprises the man.

"Get the bitch." Cameron Dennis says, pointing towards Kara, "And find the girl. She's got to be here somewhere."

Two men with guns then approach Kara, clearly thinking that they are going to be able to tie Kara up or something.

"I don't think it's going to be that easy for you." Kara says, with a smirk.

As the two men approach Kara, Kara springs into action, and she quickly uses one of her fists to knock the gun out of the hand of one of the intruders who was approaching her, distracting him for a moment, then in the same movement Kara uses one of her feet to stomp down onto one of the other intruders knees, which causes him to drop his gun too. Right now, Kara is not in her Supergirl suit or anything, as in the heat of the moment she forgot to change, so she knows that she has to just fight like a human at the moment, which shouldn't be difficult for her.

The first intruder, who Kara knocked the gun out of his hand, now recovers, and makes an attempt to punch Kara, however, Kara dodges the punch, and counters by punching him in the stomach, causing the man to let out a yelp of pain, and fall to the ground. Kara was precise with her punch, so she knows that she didn't hit him hard enough to kill him or anything, but she has taken the wind out of him, so he should be down for the next minute or two. But, once Kara has done this, she turns to the person whose knee she had stomped on, with the man now trying, and failing, to get to his feet again. Kara then proceeds to punch that man in the face, knocking him unconscious, and at the same time, Kara kicks the man who she punched in the stomach in the head, knocking him out too. This leaves only 3 intruders left.

"Go after the girl. I'll take care of the bitch." Cameron Dennis says to one of the intruders.

"Okay." Another voice Kara recognises says, Stephen Andrews.

Stephen Andrews then begins to walk towards the hallway, while Cameron Dennis, and the one other intruder walk towards Kara. Kara knows now that she can't waste her time with these two, as she doesn't want Stephen Andrews to get to Lena and Lori, as while Kara is pretty sure Lena could easily fight off Stephen Andrews, she doesn't want her fiancé to have to do that.

The unknown intruder now decides to charge towards Kara, letting out an aggressive yell as he does, which Kara thinks is rather stupid of him. So, to counter this, Kara simply steps out of the way, and sticks her foot out, tripping the man up, and causing him to go flying into her door, head first, knocking himself unconscious.

"Very good. Clearly you know how to defend yourself." Cameron Dennis says, "But I'm not like those goons."

Cameron Dennis now moves towards Kara, in a fighting stance, and this time Kara decides to take the initiative and attack first, going in for a punch. However, Cameron Dennis is able to dodge Kara's punch, and counters himself, with Kara having to use a little bit of her powers to move out of the way of. Although not too much of her powers that would make Cameron Dennis suspicious. From this, Kara can already tell that Cameron Dennis is an experienced fighter.

Cameron Dennis and Kara continue their fight, with Kara attempting to just use all the moves that Alex and J'onn have taught her over the years, so that she could be a skilful fighter, even without her powers. However, Cameron Dennis seems to be doing pretty well, although he doesn't land a single punch on Kara. Eventually though, Kara does land a punch on Cameron Dennis' centre, sending him flying over the back of her couch. Kara then quickly walks towards him, but once she does, she sees that Cameron Dennis is now on the floor, pointing a gun at her.

"This was fun. But the fun is over now." Cameron Dennis smirks, evilly, with his balaclava having come off his face now.

Cameron Dennis now gets to his feet, all the while still pointing the gun at Kara.

"I've not had this much fun in a fight for years. But unfortunately, for you, it has come to an end now." Cameron Dennis says, "The last loose end will be tied up."

Before Kara can say anything else, Cameron Dennis pulls the trigger, but, of course, the bullet simply bounces off of Kara.

"What?!" Cameron Dennis says, alarmed.

Kara now begins walking towards Cameron Dennis, in an intimidating manner, with the man trying to shoot her a few more times, but the bullets just compress on her chest, and fall to the floor.

"I told you. Lori is safer with me, than anywhere else." Kara says.

Kara then grabs the gun from Cameron Dennis' hands, and just squeezes it into a ball of metal with one of her hands, showing her pure strength. As she does this, Cameron Dennis gets a look of pure fear in his eyes.

"This, is for traumatising my daughter." Kara says.

Kara then kicks one of Cameron Dennis' legs, which causes a snapping sound, as Kara literally breaks the bone in his leg. At the same time, Cameron Dennis lets out a scream of pure pain. Kara, however, isn't one to torture people or anything, so she quickly punches Cameron Dennis in the head too, knocking him unconscious.

Now that Kara has taken care of Cameron Dennis, she quickly rushes towards Lori's bedroom, and as she steps inside, Lena points a gun at her.

"Oh god. It's you." Lena says, in a relieved voice, lowering the gun.

Kara now sees that somehow, Lena was able to get the gun from Stephen Andrews, who is now laying face first on the floor of Lori's bedroom, completely unconscious.

"Where's Lori?" Kara asks, not seeing Lori.

"She's in the closet." Lena says, "Lori, you can come out now."

The closet door then slides open, and Lori walks out, with a scared look on her face.

"Is it over?" Lori asks.

"Yeah, it's over, baby." Kara says.

Kara and Lena then both take their daughter in for a hug. Later, Lori will go on to tell Kara the story of how Lena fought off Stephen Andrews, and seemed to do it with ease, with Lori being very impressed by it, but for now, the family just want to hug each other.

Alex, J'onn, Nia, Brainy, and members of the DEO soon arrive at Kara's apartment, with Lena having called Alex as soon as she had Lori in her arms. The DEO agents then proceed to take Stephen Andrews, Cameron Dennis, and the other intruders into custody.

After this, over the next few weeks the superfriends will find more and more out about Stephen Andrews, and Cameron Dennis, who are now facing multiple charges, not only for breaking into Kara and Lena's apartment, but also for the murder of Lori's father too. Luckily, J'onn did wipe Cameron Dennis' mind of any details of the bullets bouncing off of Kara, so Kara's superhero identity is safe. However, what the superfriends, and the rest of the world find out about Stephen Andrews and Cameron Dennis, is that it turns out that Lori's father was involved in some rather shady activities before his death, including some drug smuggling. In fact, one of the reasons he moved to National City was to help a drug cartel set up an operation in National City. However, something then changed for Lori's father, and he decided he no longer wanted a life of crime, so he contacted his half brother, Stephen Andrews, who he knew had some contacts with attorneys such as Cameron Dennis. However, what Lori's father didn't know, is by that point Stephen Andrews was already involved with some gangs, and cartels in South America, who he helped smuggle drugs too, using his doctor credentials as an easy way to get in and out of various countries. So, when Stephen Andrews found out about this, he put his brother in touch with his friend, Cameron Dennis, who was also involved in Stephen Andrews' drug smuggling, but just on the legal side of things, although there were a few times he did get his hands dirty too. After this, Cameron Dennis and Stephen Andrews made a deal with the drug cartels, who paid them a bounty for Lori's fathers death, with Cameron Dennis carrying out the hit, and splitting the bounty with Stephen Andrews.

The only problem with the bounty that Cameron Dennis enacted was he was unaware of Lori's father actually having a daughter, and he didn't find this out until after he had done the murder itself, with the young girl walking into the room where her father's body laid. In this moment, Cameron Dennis probably made the only non-awful choice of his entire life, and decided to just leave the scene, thinking that Lori would never remember him. This did work out for a while, but when Stephen Andrews was notified that Kara Danvers wanted to adopt Lori, he did research into her, and he found out that her sister works for a government agency, so this then caused alarm bells to ring in his head. So, Cameron Dennis and Stephen Andrews decided that Stephen Andrews would have to try and adopt Lori himself, just to make sure that their crime was not at risk of being exposed by a 7-year-old, who could remember. However, it is clear that Stephen Andrews very much did not intend to keep Lori around for long, with the man admitting in his plea deal that he was going to just give her to some random family in Europe if he won, where she would just get lost, and forgotten about.

Over the coming months, once both Stephen Andrews' and Cameron Dennis' trials played out, Cameron Dennis received a life sentence, without the possibility of parole, while Stephen Andrews received 70 years in prison, with the possibility of parole after 50 years. Stephen Andrews only received this deal because once he knew he had been caught, along with Cameron Dennis, after the failed abduction attempt of Lori, from Kara and Lena's apartment, he made a plea deal to give evidence to prove Cameron Dennis carried out the murder of Lori's father. Either way though, given that Stephen Andrews is in his early 30s, that would mean when he is up for parole he will be in his early 80s, making it likely he will probably die in prison, along with Cameron Dennis, which is what both of them deserve.

*******************

For Kara, Lena and Lori, over the coming months after everything had gone down, Kara was able to adopt Lori, with the young girl becoming Lori Danvers. Then, only a few days after that, Lena adopted Lori too, with Lena insisting that the Danvers part of the name comes first, making Lori, Lori Danvers-Luthor.

Then, a few weeks after this, on one of Kara and Lena's date nights, with Lori being watched by Alex and Kelly, playing with Esme, Lena proposes to Kara this time, or at least presents her with a ring. The moment ends up being a very special one, just like Kara hoped it would be, because at the time Kara and Lena were sitting on the balcony of a fancy restaurant, and once Kara said yes to Lena's proposal, some fireworks went off in the distance, over the National City bay, which Lena had very much paid for.

Of course, after this, a few days later, Kara gave Lena her engagement ring too, doing it while she, Lena and Lori where out on a little hike, presenting the ring once they reached a nice clearing at one of the highest points of their hike.

Lena and Kara end up getting married about 6 months after Kara's 'presenting of her ring', with the ceremony being attended by all their family and friends, and very much involving their daughter too, with each woman taking a moment in each of their vows to make a vow to Lori as well.

After this, over the coming years, Kara, Lena and Lori will go on to be a real happy and loving family, with a lot of smiles in all of their lives, with Lori never having to fear that she will be taken away from her home ever again, calling Kara mommy, and Lena her moma. Then one day, Lori becomes absolutely ecstatic when she is told the news that Kara is pregnant, and she is going to have a little brother.

All in all, the family of Kara, Lena, Lori, and Lena and Kara's future son, is a really happy one. One that Kara and Lena certainly did not imagine would ever be a possibility for them when they were in the middle of their fight. However, it all truly began with Kara meeting a very special little girl, a girl called Lori.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.1K 1.5K 19
When Kara is captured by CADMAS, its up to Lena Luther to find out her secret and save her before its too late (Supercorp (LenaxKara) fanfiction) (Co...
27.4K 1.7K 30
Kara is devastated to find out that her new friend, Lena Luthor, who she has more than just platonic feelings for, has killed herself. Lena left behi...
99.8K 3K 23
It's been months that Lena and Kara haven't talked. While Kara is broken from the distance between them, not knowing that Lena knows her deepest secr...
16.8K 586 7
Months after finding out the truth about Supergirl and falling out with Kara, Lena is kidnapped, but finds that she is not the only one. While confro...