✓ | REBIRTH OF THE REBEL [Boo...

By abyssofwendy

[Book 2] (I highly recommend for you to read book 1 before proceeding to this book.) This is the second part... More

FOREWORD
ROTR
EXCERPTS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
AFTERWORD
BOOK THREE

CHAPTER 10

772 55 21
By abyssofwendy

[ C H A P T E R 10 ]

LATISHA VALENTINE

I lied about my fertile period. In fact, I made sure that the day I picked has a high chance of conception. Matagal ko ng plinano 'yon dahil sa ilang mga rason na alam kong masyadong selfish, pero ginawa ko 'to para sa kinabukasan ko. If I want to be alive for the next one year and 3 months, I need to conceive.

I know for a fact that I can never escape my past no matter how sincere my apologies are. I have to use my own child for my safety, and if I can deliver him well, I will use that chance to gain my freedom.

I'm selfish, I know. I am using this unborn child to bid for my own sin, but what other options will I choose? I want my freedom the most and in order to attain it, I need to be desperate. No one will ever understand my own reason, and I don't need to be understood, I just need to be free.

If we can finish this turmoil before the winter ends, I know I will never feel at ease. I must face my own demise in the verdict of the Emperor and his Royal Subjects. If they know I am carrying a Riedensteigh blood, will they allow my death to be executed? Of course not, they have no choice but to leave me unscratched until I deliver.

This will give me some time to think about my real escape, and even when it breaks me thinking that I will use my own child in exchange for my life and leave him to them, I have to. I must complete what this second life offers.

"Let us go." Blessime's voice went serious as she gleaned her displeasure towards the figure of the Commander of the Order of Knights, aiding the Duke of Riedensteigh. My heart pounded in nervousness and fear with the thought that followed his existence. If Cyan and Wince are here, it means that the Duke is nearby.

Bahagyang napako ang tingin ni Cyan sa akin at mas dumilim ang tingin niya. "I am ordered to bring the Duchess back to the Duchy, even if by force."

"Are you truly going to take her and bring her back to that fucking prison?!" Bless exclaimed. "Hindi mo pwedeng kunin si Latisha sa amin! I won't let you, even if I have to kill you myself."

Cyan forcibly shut his eyes as if he was calming himself from getting too angry. Bumagsak ang kanyang balikat na parang hindi na niya kayang kontrolin ang nararamdaman niya. He opened his eyes and a soft expression followed afterwards.

"Baby, come on. Don't be stubborn," Cyan said to Blessime that made my eyes widened. "Alam mo naman hindi ako pwedeng lumihis sa utos. Gusto mo bang mawalan ng gwapong future husband?"

"Potangina mo! Huwag mo 'ko ma-baby-baby, hayop ka! Isa pa, hindi ako papatol sa ugok na katulad mo!" inis na inis na litanya ng pinsan ko.

"Baby--"

"Isang baby pa d'yan, Cyan, at tiyak akong hindi lang dila mo ang puputulin ko!" putol niya sa sasabihin ni Cyan. "If you have even an ounce of respect for me, let us go. I can't risk the fact that the Duke might be nearby and he'll see her."

"Blessime," Cyan spoke in a nonchalant way. Agad na bumalik ang seryosong mukha niya. "Labas tayo sa gulo ng mag-asawa, kaya wala tayong karapatan na itago sila sa isa't isa. If you want me to respect your decision, respect mine too. The Duke needs her."

"They are no longer together," mariin na sabi ni Blessime. "He hurts her not just emotionally but also physically. As a cousin, I can never forgive those who will hurt her even out of my sight. She deserves more than him, and you need to suck that up!"

Tila isang debate ang sitwasyon dahil bawat isa ay may kanya-kanyang mungkahi. I felt like I am just an observer that needs to witness a lover's quarrel. Hindi ko nga rin alam kung kailan nagsimula ang love and hate ng dalawang 'to.

"Baby, hindi mo alam ang buong kwento-- what the fuck!'

"Run, Latisha!" Blessime exclaimed after she hit Cyan to his groin. Sinipa niya pa ang binata kaya ito natumba sa sobrang sakit. Agad kong sinunod ang gusto niyang mangyari at tumakbo palabas. We don't have a proper road because of the heavy snow that hit last night, that's why it was a hard task to run.

Nakasunod lamang si Blessime sa akin at nakita ko pa ang paglabas ni Cyan sa bahay at kasunod ang kakagising lang na si Wince. It was the first and last time I looked back and focused on running away. We can't use the horses because of the snow, and how I wish I will not encounter any of the Knights of the Duchy.

I don't know why they are here but I am scared. If Roshan is nearby, he'll come and catch me. Then, half of my plan will shatter which will automatically force me to go back to square one. I had used a lot of means and methods to get this far and I don't want my efforts to go in vain. Roshan needs to wait a little longer and I promise I will come back. Hindi dapat ngayon, hindi dapat pwede.

I planned to come back once the two years of preparation is over. I have to escape--

"Madame!"

Winter may be cold, but I felt like I'm bathing in a pool of ice as I heard Erwan scream nearby. Napabuga ako ng hangin ng maramdaman kong sumasakit ang aking tiyan. I am running out of breath and the stress from running has compromised my situation.

"Don't you fucking go near her!" It was Blessime. Napansin ko ang hawak niyang espada na nakatutok sa papalapit na Butler ng mansyon. "How the hell did you find us?!"

"We saw your brother roaming around the center two days ago, and we tailed him here. At first, we thought it was just him but we noticed the house was warm," Erwan explained. Our eyes made contact when I peeked my head and I immediately noticed the growing beard he has. "Your grace, please seek our presence, we are begging."

"I will speak on behalf of my cousin, and the answer is no," Blessime uttered firmly. "I don't care if you had travel from the Center State just to get here for that fucking invitation. My cousin will not --"

"Enough, Blessime," putol ko sa sasabihin niya. I held her arm to lower her sword and looked her in the eyes. "Let's hear what he has to say."

Sabay napako ang tingin namin kay Erwan at bahagya siyang nagulat. He repeatedly looked at us before he cleared his throat. "Your grace, please come back to the Duchy."

"I already divorced the Duke, Erwan. I cannot come back at this point," I speak firmly.

"There was no divorce, your grace. The paper was forged and it's voidable," he replied.

"Still, the moment I left the borders I am no longer the Duchess. I am no longer acquainted with the Duke of Reidensteigh, and I am no longer bound to the title. Stop your protest and let us go, because even if you beg on his behalf, I will never--"

"Accck!" Erwan screamed in pain when an arrow hit his shoulder. Halos sabay kaming napasigaw ni Blessime at sa bilis niya ay nadaluhan niya agad si Erwan bago ito natumba.

I heard another brush of swift movement and used Blessime's sword to stop an approaching arrow from hitting me. I looked through the direction where I thought it was located. I gripped the sword tightly as my face gleamed red.

"Ambush," I whispered.

Mabilis na iginalaw ko ang aking kamay para hatiin ang bawat palaso na paparating. I was swiftly moving and catching every arrow as I slit it to half.

"Bless, return to the house!" I ordered.

"Fuck, don't order me around!" she replied.

"We don't have time for this!" I shouted.

"You are fucking--"

"Blessime!" I cut her off. Pinandilatan ko siya ng mata bago ko tingnan ang duguang Erwan na hawak ang balikat niya. Blessime released another curse and stood up as she pulled the Butler to stand. Napabuntong hininga ako ng maaninag ko ang paparating na pigura nila Wince at Cyan kaya't napapukos ang tingin ko sa kalaban.

"Latisha!" Blessime warned.

"Just go!" I fumed. "Reprimand me later!"

She has no choice but to listen. Lumabas na sa kanilang mga lungga ang nakatagong assassins na nagmamanman sa amin simula pa noong umalis kami sa bahay. Sinugod nila ako gamit ang kanilang mga armas at agad akong lumaban. I am careful not to get hit by my ang sword because of my situation. Agad naman akong dinaluhan nila Cyan at Wince dahil dumarami ang paparating.

"How long have they been here?!" Cyan jerked as he hit an assassin with his elbow. Napako ang tingin niya sa akin. "You looked unwell, your grace."

I rolled my eyes before I stabbed a man who aimed to kill me with his own hands but I was a second faster than him. "You looked old, Cyan."

"Madame, naman! Ang gwapo ko para sabihan na matanda!" nakangusong saad niya.

"Ngayon, mukha ka ng pato," pang-aasar ko. Napamura ako ng biglang may humila sa aking balabal kaya't napadausdus ako sa nyebe. Agad kong sinipa ang piste at hinawakan ang leeg bago ko kinitil ang kanyang buhay. Agad akong tumayo na siyang pinagsisihan ko dahil mabilis rin bumigay ang aking mga binti. Wince caught my weight before my entire body officially collapsed on the ground.

"Your grace, you need to seek shelter," he said as he held me gently. "Ang lamig mo na, Madame. Tiyak akong hindi ka lang mukhang patay kundi patay ka na talaga sa sobrang lamig mo."

"Inaasar mo ba ako, Wince?" saad ko habang binigyan siya ng masamang tingin. Biglang napa buntong hininga si Wince na siyang ikinalukot ng noo ko.

"Na-miss ka namin, Madame. Pero hindi ito ang oras para sa isang reunion, may papatayin pa ako," saad niya at binitawan ako bago niya ako tinago sa kanyang likod. "Please go, your grace. Mamaya na lamang tayo mag-usap tungkol sa nangyari."

He then walked towards the first man he saw and hit him with his fist. I was left standing as I looked at both of the Knights who were protecting me. If they are here, and Erwan is here. It only means that Roshan is truly here, but where?

Bigla akong napaigtad ng may mga bisig na pumapalibot sa akin. Bago pa man niya ako tuluyang mayakap ay umiwas agad ako at sinalubong ang kanyang tingin. My lips parted when I met his amber orbs. It wasn't just his tired and weary eyes that caught my attention but also the exhaustion on his face.

Nagulat siya sa ginawa ko subalit agad siyang gumalaw para sipain ang taong nasa likod ko na tiyak akong aatakihin sana ako kung hindi lang nakaharap si Roshan sa akin. I couldn't move my lips nor my feet as I watched him kill the man. I was there, frozen when his physique that I missed so much finally became real.

"Wife," he said.

Damn, that voice. I missed hearing that word from him. He wished to continue what he was ought to say but there were men stopping him from talking. He has to take care of them first and he tries his best to kill them quickly.

When I was finally able to move my feet, I took a step back. That single step was followed by another until I ran away. I didn't look and just forced myself to run. I can't bear looking at what expression his face will be emitting as he sees me running away.

I saw a brown horse coming in my direction and it was being controlled by Blessime. She extended her arm for me to reach and pulled to sit on the horse as it galloped away. Doon lamang ako nagkaroon ng lakas na loob para tumingin. Pain hit my chest when I saw him standing between the two logs, looking at me. Even with the distance, I saw what his eyes emitted. Pain and anger showered together

Napasigaw kaming dalawa ni Blessime ng may tumama na palaso sa kabayo at nahulog kaming dalawa sa makapal na nyebe. Bless cursed loudly as she tried to process what happened while I didn't move a bit. It looks like I can't escape this fate.

"Tish, are you okay?" nag-aalalang sabi niya habang dinadaluhan ako. She copied my cheeks as she tries to summon my awareness even when I know it's useless. Napako ang atensyon niya sa direksyon na hindi ko nakikita.

"You fucking killed my horse!" she fumed at the person she knew who killed her horse. "Why can't you let us go in peace?! My cousin is no longer the Duchess!"

"Kahit pagbaliktarin man natin ang mundo, mayroon lamang na nag-iisang Dukesa ang Reidensteigh. Kahit kailan ay hindi ito magbabago, at walang papalit dito. Your cousin is still the Duchess in the eyes of the gods and goddesses. No one can ever change that." It was Logan.

"Fuck you!" saad ni Blessime at sinugod ang binata. Hindi na ako gumalaw dahil wala ng pag-asa na makaalis kami. Magnus is nowhere to be found and I freaking swear the moment I will see him, I'll skin him alive. He's the reason why Roshan is here!

"Your grace."

Napako ang tingin ko sa pigura ni Laphel na kakarating lang sa posisyon ko. He extended his hand for me to reach but I just stared at his face.

"What happened?" I asked. "Didn't I tell you to bring that paper to the State Hall? Why am I still married to the Duke of Reidensteigh?"

Laphel looked at me bearing a single expression, a blank face. Hindi ko tinaas ang kamay ko para bumangon kahit ramdam ko na ang lamig ng niyebe. I could feel my eyes warm and even if I hid my tears, my hurt feelings were evident.

"He knew that you'd run away," he said.

Napamaang ako sa sinabi niya. I parted my lips to spill my confusion but I couldn't move my tongue. Napako lamang ang tingin ko sa kanya.

"I told you, Madame. Even if you try everything to cut your ties with him, it will only make him eager to bind you. An obsession for freedom is like an obsession for love: a balanced state and always working entirely proportional."

"You mean, this is all planned?" I asked.

"Yes, binigyan ka niya ng dalawang buwan na palugit para gawin mo ang gusto mong gawin. Although, I gave him a suggestion to extend it for six months but he opposed--"

"Ibig sabihin ay niloko mo ako, Laphel. You lied about the state of the Duchy. Sinabi mo ay namimiligro ang lalawigan at kailangan kong umaksyon. Is that your fucking strategy? You let the same bloodline kill each other? And the Duke even knew this fucking simulation!"

"It wasn't a lie, I proposed the problem to him first. He wanted to know what you wanted to do, and now that the two month margin has ended, everything will return to normal," he said.

*~*~*~*

VOTE ~ COMMENT ~ SHARE

are very much appreciated. arigatou!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 60.1K 95
!!ORIGINAL STORY!! Chae-hee, a Korean woman who escaped her past pains by moving to America. Enjoying her life working hard in a cafe, and if she was...
1M 43.3K 94
on her birthday Catherine recalled the memories of her past life thanks to being hit by a door. the next day she'd learned that she was reincarnated...
815K 30.1K 31
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** After my death, I'm grat...
2.1K 23 38
If you like these types of stories then this should be a fun read. One day you were reading your favorite novel with your best friend, but the next...