I'm With You {Complete}

By rainbowkiller0

The tragic love story of Prince Aerys of House Targaryen and Lady Alicent of House Hightower was a well known... More

Part One
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Part Two
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Part Three
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Part Four
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Epilogue

Chapter Eight

2.3K 96 0
By rainbowkiller0

Following the celebrations held for Prince Aegon's second name day, Rhaenyra was sent on a tour of the Seven Kingdoms in hope the Princess would find herself a husband. Aerys had been bored since Rhaenyra had been sent on a tour of Westeros, in hopes she would find a match for herself.

The sighting of a dragon overhead had been the first thing to excite Aerys since Rhaenyra left. The Prince had to admit he was upset when Rhaenyra had told him she would be leaving.

Aerys stood to the side waiting as Viserys prepared for Daemon's return. Taking his place at the base of the Iron Throne. Watching as The room filled with Nobles visiting and members of the court. A flash of white caught Aerys' attention, The uncle smiling upon seeing his niece.

Rhaenyra smiled back as the sound of the doors opening pierced the tension filling the room. Footsteps filled the hall as Prince Daemon entered. Daemon had cut his long white hair so it didn't even pass his ears, and wore a crown made of white wood upon his head. As the Rogue Prince neared the throne the Kings' Guards drew their swords, pointing them towards the Prince.

Prince Daemon finally came to a stop when the tip of a sword pointed into his chest. He looked down at the blade and then back up to the knight wielding it, before pointing the hammer he held in his right hand at his brother, the King. "Add it to the chair," he said, dropping the weapon to the ground.

Whispers filled the room as people waited to see how the King would react. The Lord Commander sheathed his sword and knelt to pick up the weapon.

"You wear a crown. Do you also call yourself king?"  Viserys asked.

"Once we smashed the triarchy they named me King of the Narrow Sea." The crowd further broke out into whispers believing the Rogue Prince had come to declare himself king of his own kingdom. "But I know that there is only one true King, Your Grace."

Prince Daemon dropped to his knee, bowing to his elder brother. The King turned to look at his Hand, seeking advice of some sort but Otto could give none at this moment. Viserys turned to look at his wife, at her nod he turned back to where his brother kneeled. Forgiveness filling his heart.

"My crown and the Stepstones," The prince removed the crown from his head and looked up to his brother.  "are yours."

King Viserys smiled at his brother's words, before looking into the crowd, searching for a particular face. "Well, Where is Lord Corlys?"

"He sailed home to Driftmark."

"Who holds the Stepstones?"

"The tides, the crabs, and two thousand dead Triarchy corsairs staked to the sand to warn those who might follow." At his brother's words, the King walked forward. The sound of metal hitting stone filled the room as the King used his sword as a cane. Viserys took the wooden crown from his brother's hand, inspecting the item. Prince Daemon looked to where Otto stood in front of his daughter, a silent conversation passed between the two as the King handed the wooden crown to his guard. The crowd looked on, with baited breath as they awaited their King's judgement.

"Rise."

The crowd erupted into applause as the two brothers embraced. Aerys was happy to see his brothers once again getting along.

"The realm owes you a great debt, brother."

The three Targaryen brother's left the Great Hall together, signifying that the Targaryen House was once again united.

...

A small celebration was quickly put together and thrown in the Gardens. Aerys and Daemon listened as Viserys' prattled on about how much the two's shared mother favored Daemon. Aerys always felt awkward whenever they spoke of their mother.

The Heir to the Iron throne stood on the other side of his brother, trying to ignore Alicent standing beside him. She stood so close, Aerys could smell her sweet perfume in the air with every breath he took.

"No no no no. I will not revisit this debate." the King argued with his brother. "You were always mother's favorite. Our mother, she had no regard for custom or tradition, rules. And I sadly, was no great warrior." Viserys spoke as Rhaenyra approached.

"Congratulations on your victory."  The princess spoke. Aerys watched as Viserys' face fell upon seeing his daughter.

"Thank you, Princess," Prince Daemon smiled at his niece.

"Perhaps Prince Daemon would care for a tour of the gallery?  He hasn't yet seen the new tapestries gifted by Norvos and Qohor." Alicent spoke

"Oh, oh," the king mocked the young girl. "Would you like to see the tapestries?"

The king could barely finish his question before he and Daemob broke into laughs.

"He has no interest in such things." Viserys laughed, much to Aerys' annoyance.

"Why not, Viserys? Are you saying our brother is uncivilized?" Aerys teased.

"Yes, is that what you are saying?" Daemon was quick to join in on the joke.

"I'd like to see them." The princess said.

"Oh well then you should not deprive yourself." The King dismissed his eldest daughter. Turning back to his brother as the Princess walked away and sat on a bench not too far away.

Aerys watched as Rhaenyra kicked her legs back and forth from boredom. Out of the corner of his eye, Aerys saw Alicent look between him and Rhaenyra, before dismissing herself to sit with the Princess.

Growing bored with the conversation between his brothers, Aerys dismissed himself to get more wine. He stood under the weirwood tree, his head tipped back as he felt the sunlight on his skin. He had not come to the godswood once during Rhaenyra's absence, instead when he was not attending to his duties he stayed in his rooms.

"Did you have fun while i was gone?" Rhaenyra's voice caused Aerys to turn to face her.

"I must admit it was quite boring but I was prepared for you to be gone longer. Why have you returned so soon?" Aerys stepped closer to his niece, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Rhaenyra grabbed Aerys hand, holding it in front of her. "I did not enjoy being fought over by boys and old men."

Aerys hummed in response. "Do not lie, you missed your favorite uncle, didnt you?"

"I may have wished for your presence at times, but not nearly as much as I hear you missed me. Did you truly mope around the Keep while I was gone?

"I did not mope." Aerys spoke, handing Rhaenyra his goblet of wine. "Did you not find a single man you liked?"

"No. I do not wish to marry and be forced to squeeze out heirs." Rhaenyra looked down at the goblet in her hand and raised it to her lips, gulping down most of the liquid in the cup.. " I don't want to live as my mother did, made to produce heirs until it killed her."

"What happened to your mother was a tragedy, I won't allow the same to happen to you."

...

"The Stepstones were meant to be won for the realm, but over the past few days it seems we have traded a Crabfeeder for a Seasnake." Ser Tyland Lannister complained.

Aerys sat in another Small council meeting, how he was tired of these things.

"This is clearly a rebuke for passing over Lady Laena for Queen Alicent." Lord Lyonel spoke.

"Years have passed since the business with his daughter." Viserys protested. "Surely he cannot still be wroth?"

"The Sea Snake is an overly proud man to be sure, Your Grace. That pride has been injured. Perhaps we can salve the wound?" Mellos advised the King.

"I fear Lord Corlys' pride is the least of our worries." Lord Beesbury spoke up.

"I dont wish to cause you further distress, Your Grace, but my brother has sent disturbing word from Oldtown. Lord Corlys is said to have engaged in negotiations with the Sealord of Bravos. He plan's to wed his daughter Laena to the Sealord's son.  If House Velaryon entered into an alliance  with the Free Cities then we would have to seek our own marriage pact." At Otto's news the men of the Small Council all turned to look at Aerys.

Aerys in turn glared at his eldest brother, rueing the day Viserys named him heir.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.6K 48
In the bloody realm of Westeros, a dark and dramatic tale unfolds. The young daughter of Prince Daemon Targaryen, burdened with a legacy of power and...
249K 9.2K 52
Baelon II Velaryon is the son of Rhaenyra Targaryen. Just like his mother he was a strong willed dragon rider. Built for the clouds and forged for fi...
31.2K 1.5K 20
As the realm mourns the loss of Queen Aemma, King Viserys finds solace in the arms of a most unlikely companion - the enchanting Anna Hightower , dau...
284K 11.1K 48
Lady Arianwyn Targaryen, Lady of Runestone, was not born of love. Nor passion. Nor even a sense of duty. She was seeded by her father, the Rogue Prin...