The Promises We Made || Boku...

By V01D_2

"๐‘ท๐’“๐’๐’Ž๐’Š๐’”๐’† ๐’Ž๐’†, ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’ ๐’˜๐’† ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’๐’˜ ๐’–๐’‘, ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’“๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’”๐’Š๐’…๐’† ๐’Ž๐’†." "๐‘ฐ ๐’‘๐’“๏ฟฝ... More

0 | Introductions
0.5 | Kenji
1 | Inseparable
2 | Fear
3 | Doubtful
4 | Rising Up
5 | He and I
5.5 | Aftermath
6 | New Beginnings
7 | START!
8 | Warmth
9 | Laughter
10 | First Day!
11 | Overpowered
EX CHAPTERS
EX Chapter 1 | Bad Moods
12 | Discovery PT. 1
EX Chapter 2 | Incorrect Quotes
14 | Breakthrough (Discovery Pt. Final)
14.5 | Stars and Freedom
15 | To Forgive is to Forget
16 | ...A Declaration?
17| Domination and Determination

13 | The Worst Case Scenario

219 10 0
By V01D_2

"You want him to do what?! Hua that's crazy!" Kyoujurou argued only to be met with a persistent look from his younger sister, "Look Kyo, I know you're concerned for Kenji but have you seen the damage?! He's only 12! And he's clearly stronger than both of us! It'll only hurt him if this continues." Hua argued back, showing the footage of the incident to the father. "But has this been tested yet? Are there no side effects?" "None Kyo, Hoshiko made it herself so you can trust me when I say this is safe. It's only until he becomes a student at UA, or he starts getting sick of it. But for now, we have to play it safe." Hua said, handing Kyoujurou a bottle of pills. "Kenji's quirk is stronger than ours at our peak Kyo, even with amplifiers. As of now, it only brought harm than good to everyone."

Kyoujurou looked at his unconscious son and contemplated. As a hero, he knows the danger of a quirk like Kenji's at the hands of an emotionally unstable adolescent, but as a father... he only wants his son to be happy and safe. "As per the commission's orders, he's going to stay with me for the next 4 months. He'll go under tests and observation to see whether or not he's capable of such an event again. It pains me to do this to my nephew, but the safety of the people comes first." Hua said to Kyoujurou, but the man still wasn't buying it. "When he wakes up, I want you to tell him the truth and help him understand. Don't blame him for anything, please don't make him lose hope, Hua. I beg of you." Kyoujurou begged his sister, who only gave him a reassuring smile and nod.

Hua loved Kenji; he was her first nephew after all and she was his first mentor. If she had her way, she would've let Kenji do whatever he wanted in the training halls of her agency, but she has a responsibility to foresee future dangers as the number 2 hero. "He's strong Kyo. Have faith in him. I'll take him under my wing until he's ready."

"If you want to talk about strong and cool! That's definitely Murata, Bakugou, and Todoroki!"

The mention of his name interrupted Kenji's nap, sitting upright as he rubbed the sleep off of his eyes. "But Bakugou is so unhinged. He won't be popular with people." Tsu said nonchalantly, making Kenji chuckle at Katsuki's annoyed expression. "What did you say frog face?!?!?" Katsuki shouted making Kenji cover his ears, you'd think he'd be used to his best friend's loud and vulgar mouth. "We've only known each other for a short while so it's so amazing that everyone already knows his personality is crap steeped in sewage." Kaminari insults Katsuki even more, "What the hell is that vocabulary huh?! How about I kill ya, bastard?!" Katsuki yelled again "Suki." Kenji said and the blonde immediately sat back then and behaved. Now the class is even more intrigued and started laughing at Katsuki's sudden change of mood.

"Woah. Can't believe Murata could control him like that." Kaminari jests and Izuku chuckled, "Kenchan keeps Kacchan in check most of the time." "Bonus for Murata. Not only is his quirk so cool but his personality is the total opposite of Bakugo! Always so calm and charming, he'd definitely be popular with the public." Tsu stated and everyone agrees with her, "Come on, I'm not that good. Todoroki and Katsuki are way better in battle than I am. Let's not forget the potential of everyone's quirks here either! Like Yaoyorozu's practical and versatile Creation, or Kirishima's handy Hardening quirk! All of you are amazing also!" Kenji replied with a smile, making everyone look away, even Katsuki.

"We're here. Stop messing around." Aizawa announces.

The students of 1-A stand before the famous USJ, and before them is none other than, "Woah! It's the Space Hero: Thirteen! The gentlemanly who has rescued tons of people from disasters!" Izuku fanboyed as well as Uraraka who said how much she adored Thirteen. "Let's go inside with no further delay." Thirteen said "Looking forward to working with you!" The class responded, following Thirteen inside the USJ.

Upon entering, the sight of multiple disasters is scattered around the facility, wowing everyone with the sheer size of this place. "A shipwreck, a landslide, fire, storms, and even more! It is a training ground that I made that houses different types of accidents and disasters! It's called the Unforeseen Simulation Joint!" Thirteen cheered. "Where's All Might, Thirteen? He was supposed to meet us here." Aizawa asked. Thirteen said something to Aizawa and the students only heard Aizawa saying "That's the height of irrationality."

"Well, it can't be helped. Let's begin shall we?" Aizawa said, moving to the side to let Thirteen take the lead. "Before we begin I'd like to say one thing... or two... or maybe three... four? five... maybe six..." Thirteen went on, making Kenji chuckle. "Everyone, I am sure that you are all aware of my quirk. Blackhole. I can suck up anything and turn it into dust." They said, "You use it to save people from numerous kinds of disasters right?" Izuku asked and Thirteen acknowledged it, "Mhm. But my power could also kill people easily. I have no doubt that there are some with you with strong abilities." Thirteen stated.

"In this superpowered society, quirks are heavily restricted and monitored. It may seem to not be a problem at first glance; however, please don't forget that it only takes one wrong move with an uncontrollable quirk to go out of hand and hurt people." Thirteen continued, making Kenji remind himself of that day.

"Make it stop!"

"It hurts!"

"Please!!"

"Aizawa's physical test had you learned of your many hidden potentials. Through All Might's combat training, you've seen firsthand the dangers that your quirks possess against other people. This class will show you all a new perspective on how to use your quirks! You will learn how to utilize your quirks to save lives! Your powers are not meant to inflict harm. I hope you leave here today with an understanding that you are meant to save people. That is all!" Thirteen said, bowing to the students, "Thank you for listening." They said, and the class clapped. "Alright then. First order of business—" Aizawa said until he was cut off by the lights in USJ getting short-circuited and a black swirl appearing in the middle of USJ.

An ominous feeling loomed over Aizawa and Kenji, something isn't right. This feeling only got worse when a man with hands peeked through the portal, giving Kenji chills. "Gather together and do not move!" Aizawa ordered the students "Thirteen! Stay here and protect the students!" Aizawa ordered, and the portal got significantly larger with villains walking out of it dramatically. "What's that.." Kirishima said seeing the spectacle in front of them. "Is this like the exam? Where has the lesson already started?" Kirishima asked "No." Kenji replied, "Don't move!" Aizawa ordered, wearing his eye covers, "Those are villains." Aizawa said, sending everyone into shock.

Kenji concentrated and counted how many foreign bodies were there in the USJ, but he immediately got overwhelmed with how many there were; he could send a crow right now to scout things out but it would get shot down instantly. But from among the group of villains, one seems to stand out to Kenji; as if this one villain grabbed his entire attention. This villain stood between the bird-like abomination and the villain with hands all over his body, jet black hair obscuring his face, he wore nothing too fancy aside from a normal jacket and jogging pants; Kenji did not like his aura, it was so sinister and malicious.

"So they were the ones who broke in the other day, using the media as a cover-up," Aizawa said, preparing to fight, "This crowd is suffocating..." Kenji made a remark, moving away from the center area, clinging onto Katsuki's shoulders as he hid behind him, "The hell do you think you're doing tall ass?!!" Katsuki cussed. "Villains? They must be dumb to break into a hero school?" Kirishima stated and he has a point, "Teacher! Isn't there some form of trespassing sensor?" Yaoyorozu asked, "Of course we do, but it seems to be not working..."  Thirteen could only say. "Did they attack the entire campus? Or only this part of the school, either way, one of them must have a quirk that interferes with the sensors. In an isolated space away from the main campus, where there's a class in session, they're fools but not dumb." Todoroki stated, "There's a clear motive as well, they didn't just barge in here completely." Kenji said, "But also, who adds sensors that can easily be blocked by a jamming quirk?!" Kenji added. "No. 13, begin the evacuation and try to contact the schools. They have something to interfere with the sensors so don't be too shocked if the signals are being jammed also. Kaminari, try contacting the school with your quirk as well." Aizawa instructed, "How's Kaminari's electricity quirk gonna help in bypassing the jammed signals?!" Kenji exclaimed, "Murata, use your gauntlet, it's made by her right?" Aizawa said and Kenji realized it too.

Kenji turned on his gauntlet and started going through the screen, if she's the one who made this then it shouldn't be easily jammed by a jamming quirk. "I understand what you mean teacher!" Kenji replied enthusiastically, only to be just ignored by Aizawa. "Teacher! Are you going to fight them alone? Even if you can suppress all their quirks, Eraserhead's battle style is erasing their quirks and then capturing them! In a close combat battle..."  "You can't be a hero if you're a one-trick pony," Aizawa said, preparing to charge into battle, "Thirteen! I'll leave them to you!" Aizawa said charging at the group of villains.

Kenji and Izuku watched in awe as they saw their normally low-energy teacher beat up the villains so methodically. "Holy shit...if people see this, they're gonna be head over heels for this. No wonder why he avoids the media!!!" Kenji exclaimed, recalling how Twitter usually reacts to men like him, "He's so cool! Who knew one versus many was also his forte...." Izuku said "I know right?! Plus points for coolness and hotness." Kenji joked and Izuku just looked at Kenji with shock, "Kenchan?!" Kenji just laughed before he hears Iida calling for both of them to stop fanboying and run away from the scene. But before they could reach the entrance, a large purple fog blocks their way out.  "I'm afraid I won't let you leave," The fog spoke, "Greetings, we are the League of Villains. We've humbly let ourselves into UA High School, the nest of heroes, to have All Might, the symbol of peace, take his last breath. From what we have gathered, All Might is supposed to be here, but has there been a change?" The fog continued speaking so formally, "Well, besides that issue, I shall continue playing my role." The fog said, raising its...arms? While Thirteen prepared to use their quirk, but before they could do anything, Katsuki, and Kirishima jumped forward and landed an attack on the villain.

"Did you not think we're gonna destroy you first?!" Kirishima exclaimed, a wide smile on his face, but when the dust settles, the villain just recovered from the attack, "How dangerous, I must not forget that although you're still students, you're still gifted golden eggs." "It's no use! You two! Run away!!" Thirteen ordered but the villain started spreading its fog around the students, "The reason why I'm here is to scatter you all and beat you all to death!"

KENJI'S POV

SHIT! I let down my guard for one second and now I'm falling to my death! SHIT!!

wait, I can make a hate monster to save me duh!!

I extend my arm forward and I summoned a bird-like monster to catch me, but with the panic and all, the monster wasn't perfect, but it'll do for now. "Okay, now that I'm saved from certain doom... where am I?" I scanned my surroundings, the exit platform where I was is on the other side of the USJ, and the fight that Aizawa is in right now is nearby, "Alright, if I'm fast enough, I should be--" I was talking to myself before something pierced through my monster's wings, causing it to let out a loud screech before we both crashed down to the ground.

Luckily it protected me from the fall before completely vaporizing away. "For someone to pierce through my monster's form like that..."  I thought to myself as I try to fan away the dust cloud around me, and there the culprit was, emerging from the dust while clapping. "Impressive Kenji! I'm so impressed with your progress with your quirk!" The man cheered, stopping in his tracks but continued to clap, "The last time I saw your quirk for what it was, was when you completely shrouded that middle school of yours in despair!"

My eyes widened, and now I can't control my heartbeat and breathing, he knows, he knows what happened that day. "H-how do you know what happened?" I demanded an answer, his carefree tone and nature are completely disturbing me, especially with how much malice and hate there is inside his heart, it's sending the hairs on the back of my neck standing, "Who the hell are you?!" I shouted this time, gathering my anger and hate into a ball in my hand.

He stopped clapping. All that cheerful and innocent disposition is suddenly gone, and what replaced it was an intimidating aura. All that anger I had turned into a messy and unstable ball of fear, my quirk is a mess and so is my mind. He takes a step forward, and I instinctively took a step back. "S-stay away!!" I yelled, throwing the messy ball of fear at him, which he blocked easily. "Oh, Kenji... your mastery over your quirk is still flawed, but your control over your emotions is even more of a mess."  He mocked me, walking closer and closer, "As a Murata myself, this is just embarrassing, but I don't blame you, you've been kept in a cage for years, they haven't even told you how much more you can do!" The man said, raising both of his arms and suddenly dozens of blades appear around him. This overwhelming power, the arrogance, the anger, I can feel it all; it scares me.

"Y-you're a Murata?" I stammered, readying myself for a potential brawl, "Hm? Why of course! I even have the same quirk as you." He said, pointing at me, and at that moment all the blades suddenly pointed at me. "I want to see more of your quirk." He said and all the blades charged at me, he was able to pierce through my monsters, what more if I used negativity to block these blades?! I deeply inhaled and braced for impact, closing my eyes tightly as I extend my arm forward.

One explosion later, I hesitantly open my eyes to see what had happened, and I was immediately blinded by a bright light. "Wow... now that's new!" The mystery Murata mused, and there I just realized I was surrounded by a ball of bright light. In here I felt safe, it was a warm and fuzzy feeling; I felt like I was being protected from something by a bear hug. "Muratas are traditionally conditioned to only master one emotion. It seems you're detached from that tradition. To use both negative and positive emotions? Good for you kid." He said before throwing a lone blade at the shield, and upon impact it shatters. "But I could tell you can barely maintain that positivity of yours." He said, walking towards me again while monsters started spawning around him.

I tapped a few buttons on my gauntlet and saw that Auntie is on her way. I just need to buy time until help arrives.

The worst-case scenario is losing control over my quirk and letting him get into my head. He has been poking fun at me, making me recall that day, mocking me, and toying with me. He knows which button to press; he knows what makes my quirk tick. It's scary if you ask me. "All Might is already on his way... Eraserhead has been put out of commission.... and the fun is just about to begin." The man spoke. "Tell me... can you guys really kill All Might?" I asked and he puts his finger on his lips; as if he was thinking. "Who knows? The good guys usually just get a power boost or something when the fight needs it. There's a chance he'll die protecting you guys, or he lives and we run back home with our tails between our legs. But I don't care about that." He said, shrugging as he smiled at me.

"Then what are you after..." I had the courage to ask as I prepared myself for another round.

"I want... I want to push you to your limit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 68.3K 90
" falling in love is like the rain. it's unpredictable, but there are always signs before it completely falls. " โœง FEMALE! reader [ male and female...
202K 6.1K 67
โš ๏ธIncludesโš ๏ธ: Depression, selfharming, boyxboy, suicide attempt, anxiety โš ๏ธI do NOT own any of the characters or pictures I used in this book. THIS I...
350K 7.5K 55
You attend U.A. high school and start to make some friends, you thought everyone was nice until you met this one boy. He was hot tempered with a low...