Kalon

By chaenjen

Y/n is pretty sure her entire family hates her and her commitment issues are starting to make her life (as we... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 44

1.4K 112 23
By chaenjen

“Hey, Y/n.”

Y/n groans and turns away from the annoying touch.

“Y/n, wake up. We gotta go.”

There’s the gentle touch on her shoulder again and when the person shakes her, Y/n’s eyes finally spring open. She blinks against the dim lights streaming inside the room, feeling disoriented.

Sana is staring down at her with puffy eyes, wearing a cardigan that looks extremely comfortable.

“Sana…?” Y/n slurs. “What are you doing here?”

Sana blinks at her and chuckles. “You’re in my house. Remember?”

“Oh… yeah.” Y/n sits up and starts to rub at her eyes until she doesn’t feel like death anymore.

“Sleep well?” Sana mumbles.

“Yeah.”

Sana hums and squints her eyes as she looks out the window. “You should get up if you want to take a shower. Dad’s starting to load the car.”

“Oh.” Y/n sits up properly which makes her slide closer to Sana, who surprisingly doesn’t move away when Y/n’s feet press up against the side of her thigh. “You should’ve woken me up earlier. I wanted to help.”

Sana shrugs. “It’s fine. He told me to let you sleep.”

Y/n stares at her, Sana’s face looking so soft and warm in the faint sunlight illuminating the room. Y/n’s heart gives a few heavy thumps against her ribs.

Sana still makes her feel so giddy.

She clears her throat and quickly slips out from underneath the covers. “Uhm… I don’t really, have spare clothes.”

“Here.” Sana points at the table on the side of the bed. “The shorts should suit you, the shirt might be a little short, though.”

Y/n picks up the neatly folded clothes, the fabric soft in her hands. “Are you okay with me wearing your clothes all the time?”

“What do you think?” Sana tilts her head and just for a second, Y/n catches sight of the old Sana there, the one that kept teasing Y/n all the time. Y/n flushes instantly and Sana seems to realize what she just did; she clears her throat and gets up from the bed. “Just come downstairs when you’re done, okay? Shower stuff is all in the bathroom.”

-

Y/n quickly jumps into the shower, hurrying so much she nearly slips on the tiles. She gets dressed just quickly, trying to ignore the fact that she’s wearing Sana’s shorts. God, she’s not twelve anymore, she seriously needs to get a grip.

Sana is sitting at the kitchen counter, slumped over the surface while she’s sipping on whatever it is she’s drinking. Y/n slowly approaches her, not wanting to startle the girl.

“I’m ready.”

Sana looks at her for a moment before nodding her head towards her cup. “Do you want coffee?”

“Isn’t your dad waiting?”

“He’s still deciding which rod he’s going to use today. It might take a while.” Sana pats the chair next to her and Y/n sighs as she sits down there.

Sana’s comforting scent is invading Y/n’s senses, and Y/n is going a little crazy.

It is like fighting against the laws of gravity, keeping her distance, staying away from Sana like this when all her body wants to do is press up against her.

Sana tells her some things about fishing, that her dad’s been doing it since he was a teenager after learning from his own father and while Sana isn’t exactly as passionate about it as her dad is, she still keeps him company whenever he comes home during summer.

After a few minutes Sana’s dad comes inside, snatching Sana’s coffee away to drink the rest himself.

“Did you sleep well, Y/n?” He asks, fixing the black rimmed glasses sitting on his nose. Y/n stares at them for a moment, thinking of her own glasses that are still in her car.

She only took the pair Sana made for her. She’s only been using those ever since Sana left.

But she wasn’t sure if it was such a good idea to wear them in front of Sana after everything that’s happened, and after what Sana said to her last night, she figures she should avoid wearing them when Sana’s around.

So she’s kind of as blind as a bat right now, but if it makes Sana feel more comfortable around her it doesn’t really matter how much Y/n can see.

“Yes, thank you.” Y/n remembers to answer.

“Y/n, your hair is all wet.” The man scolds, walking over to brush his hand over the wet strands of Y/n’s hair. “It might be summer but it’s still quite fresh outside in the mornings. You should go upstairs and dry them before we leave, yeah?”

Y/n flushes when Sana’s dad ruffles Y/n’s hair as if he’s trying to get the wetness out of them. “I didn’t want to wake up the others.”

The man grumbles something and shakes his head. “Sana, go grab a hat for your friend.”

“No, seriously it’s fine—“

“My house, my rules.” Sana’s dad smiles at her. Je squeezes Y/n’s shoulder, strong and firm, and Y/n feels like melting into a puddle.

Sana is giving Y/n a strange look, having picked up on Y/n’s questionable reaction to her dad seemingly normally conversing with her. “I’ll be right back.” Sana says, her eyes staying on Y/n for a moment longer before she leaves.

“Come on. Let’s wait for her in the car.” Sana’s dad says. “This way you can sit at the front. Sana would fight you for it otherwise.”

Y/n smiles and follows the man outside. She figures she should stop calling Sana’s dad the man in her head. His name’s Hinata.

Sana joins them before Y/n can even open the door to the car, running up to Y/n with more energy than anyone really should have this early in the morning. “Here.” Sana says, standing right in front of her as she places a beanie on Y/n’s head.

Not just any beanie. It’s Sana’s beanie, the one Minha made for her, the one Sana kept wearing around all the time for some reason.

Y/n can tell Sana knows what Y/n is thinking about and god, Sana is standing so close, her hands gently fixing the beanie on Y/n’s head, and Y/n doesn’t know what to think or feel anymore.

“It looks good on you.” Sana smiles and Y/n’s heart hurts when Sana’s hands brushes her cheek as she lowers it.

Y/n forces herself to smirk casually. She tries to act the way she’d act with Lisa.

It’s not that easy, because she definitely (and thankfully) doesn’t have this overwhelming urge to taste Lisa’s lips whenever they’re together.

“Get in the car!” Hinata grunts before Sana can give him an answer.

And unlike Hinata told her, Sana doesn’t fight her for the passenger seat at all. She quietly slips into the back, and Y/n feels the urge to sit next to her, but she doesn’t have to guts to do it. She also doesn’t want to be rude and leave Sana’s dad alone in the front.

Hinata tells Y/n a lot about fishing and Y/n listens attentively, asking questions in between. She looks out of the window, squinting her eyes against the sunlight slowly bathing the landscape in a warm orange colour.

They stop at a gas station because Hinata has to refuel and fix the tire pressure in one of the tires. The lake is further away than Y/n expected it to be because they’ve been on the road for half an hour and Hinata tells her it’ll be another thirty minutes until they’re there.

While Sana’s dad disappears inside the gas station Y/n gets out of the car to stretch her legs, but mostly watch the sun rise behind the mountains in the distance. She sits down on the grass, huddling into Sana’s sweater. There’s a squirrel only a few feet next to her and it even approaches Y/n, simply staring at her while holding something in it’s paws.

“It must be used to humans.” Sana suddenly speaks next to her, making Y/n jump and the squirrel run off into the bushes.

“To quiet humans, maybe.” Y/n huffs, a little annoyed that the cute squirrel ran off.

Sana sits down next to her, chuckling. “I’m sorry. There will be a bunch of squirrels at the lake. I’ll introduce you to them.”

Y/n laughs, turning to face her properly. Sana’s hair is sticking up in all directions, so Y/n reaches out to fix it for her. “What were you doing back there?”

Instead of leaning away from her, Sana closes her eyes and leans into Y/n’s space, looking like she’s going to fall asleep. “Dad’s car may be expensive but the back seats are uncomfortable as hell.”

“You can sit at the front if you want.” Y/n says, keeping her voice quiet for some reason. Maybe because it’s still so early in the morning.

“Nah, it’s fine.” Sana yawns and blinks at her and then she leans in until her forehead is pressed against the curve of Y/n’s shoulder.

It can’t be comfortable because Y/n is so bony but Sana sighs, slumping a little against her. Y/n’s heart is doing all sorts of crazy flips behind her ribs, urging her to wrap her arm around Sana, pull her closer.

A part of her Is sure Sana wouldn’t push her away, but the other part of her doesn’t want to do anything like that before talking to Sana.

Lisa was right, about Y/n having to stop being a coward.

She’s thought about it for long last night, and Y/n doesn’t really plan on leaving Sana’s house without letting the girl know about her feelings.

But it’s hard.

It’s hard to stay in your lane when you’re in love with someone, and they’re like this, so close and warm and pliant. Sana is doing crazy things to Y/n’s sanity.

“You smell like me.” Sana suddenly says, voice hushed. “Like Minah’s body wash.”

Y/n gulps, turning her head a little until she has Sana’s soft hair right under her nose. It smells fresh and minty. “I used some of it. I wanted to ask but, I was kind of naked.”

Sana smiles. Y/n can’t see her lips but she sees her cheeks bunch up. She’s so cute. Sana is so damn cute.

Y/n is so, so in love with her.

“You didn’t have to ask.” Sana mumbles. “I like it.”

Y/n gulps nervously, feels her heart swell with hope and affection. “Me too.”

Sana pulls away to look at her, another sigh leaving her lips.

They sit like that for a while, not speaking, listening to the cars passing them on the highway, birds chirping, the faint music from inside the gas station. It’s seems like such a peaceful world like this.

What an illusion.

The spell is broken when the bell at the door of the gas station rings, Sana’s dad emerging with his arms full of soft drinks and chocolate bars.

“Don’t tell your mom.” Hinata says.

Sana smirks at her knowingly. “Gotcha, dad.”

-

Y/n can’t really focus on anything but Sana for the rest of the drive.

Her eyes flicker to the side mirror, checking up on Sana since she’s been quiet ever since they left the gas station.

She’s asleep in the back, her head tilted to the side in a way that can’t be comfortable.

Y/n smiles and takes in the sight of her, until they drive through a pothole, which makes both Y/n and Sana jump.

Y/n looks away before she can get caught and forces herself to enjoy the scenery, even though Sana is much more beautiful, if you ask her.

-

The lake is unlike any other place Y/n has seen.

It’s bigger than she expected but still small enough to be able to see where the lake ends on each side. A few spare trees and lonely benches are surrounding the water, but there are no bushes or no reeds that cover the lake. It’s so calm, the surface of the water almost appearing like a mirror because of the lack of motion on it.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Hinata asks as he turns the engine off. “It’s under conversation. People used to step on the bushes and plants so there are only a few spots you’re allowed to fish from.”

Y/n nods her head and climbs out of the car, the sunlight blinding her as she stretches her back with a satisfying crack. It’s still a little cold, just like they said it would be, and Y/n burrows a little into Sana’s sweater.

She really wants to know what kind of fabric softener they’re using. The scent is so fresh and comforting; all Y/n wants to do is bury her nose in the fabric and sniff it like a creep.

Sana has creases from the seatbelt on her face. She pouts when Y/n snickers at her, looking like she’s ready to fall asleep again on her feet.

While Hinata is busy choosing a good spot at the lake for later, Sana sits down in the open trunk of the jeep, making Y/n do the same.

“We shouldn’t let your dad do all the work.” Y/n mumbles, tugging the sleeves of Sana’s sweater over her hands. Sana watches her do it for a moment before she shrugs.

“He doesn’t like it when others help. He always says I get in the way.” She explains, sniffling a little and wiping her nose on her sleeve, which Y/n should find gross, but of course she doesn’t. Sana grabs a backpack from behind them and pulls it into her lap, reaching inside to pull a green bottle out. “Here, put some of this stuff on.”

It’s an insect repellent spray. “I really don’t like the smell of those.” Y/n mumbles, holding her breath when Sana sprays some on the visible skin of Y/n’s legs and then – once Y/n has rolled up her sleeves – on her arms as well.

“I know.” Sana answers. “But there are a bunch of ticks around here. Better safe than sorry, yeah?”

Y/n hums and watches her put the bottle away, only to pull out another one.

“Sunscreen.” Sana explains at the questioning look on Y/n’s face.

“Okay, mom.”

Sana laughs. “Shut up.”

Once Sana is satisfied with Y/n’s level of protection they grab the last few bags from the car and walk over to where Sana’s dad has already set up most of the fishing gear.

Y/n decides to just watch the both of them for a while, since she’s never even held a fishing rod in her hands. Hinata chuckles when Y/n tells him as much.

“Your dad never took you fishing?” He asks.

“Not really.” Y/n answers, trying to put on a smile.

“Ah, what a shame. Around here all fathers take their kids fishing. I took Sana with me when she was only five years old!”

Usually these situations don’t really affect her. Y/n’s gotten used to questions like that, and she can’t blame those people since they simply don’t know of Y/n’s family situation.

But today it does affect her for some reason; it feels like something cold and ugly running through her chest, makes Y/n’s face fall for half a second.

“Y/n” Sana hastily says, forcing Y/n to look up from the ground. Sana’s wearing a careful expression. “It’s fine, I’ll show you how it’s done, okay?”

Y/n is thankful for Sana helping her out of the situation, even though she probably isn’t doing it intentionally.

-

“So” Y/n is crouching on the ground, watching how Sana is preparing the baits on both fishing rods for her and Y/n. “Sweet corn?” She asks a little skeptically.

Sana nods. “Trust me, it works. At least with carps it does.” She says. She attaches another piece of fishing line underneath the hook and starts piercing the line through the pieces of corn. Y/n points at something that is just as big as the sweet corns but looks a little darker.

“What’s that for?”

“It’s cork.” Sana says. “It makes the bait float a little in the water.”

“Oh. So are we going to kill them once we catch them?”

Sana stands up, waiting for Y/n to do the same before she hands Y/n one of them. “Do you want to kill them?”

Y/n frowns. “No.”

Sana gives her a reassuring smile as she approaches the lake. “We throw them back after catching them. I don’t think carps would taste that great anyway.”

“Your sister would probably kick your ass if you came back with a dead fish, wouldn’t she?” Y/n asks, remembering all those times Sana told her about her vegan lifestyle.

Sana looks back at her, laughing, which makes Y/n smile warmly. “Yeah, she definitely would.”

-

The first fish Y/n manages to reel in (only with Sana’s help) makes her feel way more excited than it should.

Sana laughs at Y/n who’s practically a second away from doing a happy dance.

“It’s so tiny, though.” Y/n says, crouching down as she watches Sana carefully remove the hook from the carp’s mouth. The fish is about as long as her hand.

“It’s still a baby.” Sana mumbles, cradling the fish in her palms as it wriggles a little helplessly in her hands. “Do you want to hold it?”

“Shouldn’t we put it back?” Y/n feels a bit sad, seeing the fish’s mouth open and close repeatedly. “I don’t want it to die.”

“It won’t die this fast, I promise. You have to wet your hands first, though.” Sana makes Y/n dips her hands into the lake before she takes Y/n’s hands and carefully hands her the fish.

“It feels so smooth.” Y/n mumbles more to herself than anything. “What happens if I touch it with dry hands?”

“It removes the layer of slime from their bodies.” Sana explains. “They need that in the water to protect them from diseases and stuff.”

“You know a lot.” Y/n says, feeling satisfied when she sees how Sana’s ears turn red. Man, it’s been a while since Y/n last saw that. Since she last caused that.

“Here, let me take a picture.” Sana reaches into her pocket to take her phone out, telling Y/n to stop hiding her face when she turns it away. She takes the picture and smiles down at it. “You look adorable with that hat.” She says as she turns the phone around to show Y/n the picture.

Sana looks up and Y/n can’t really stop herself from blushing at the comment. “Do I just lower it in the water again?”

“Oh, no. You have to make out with it before.” Sana says seriously.

“Wow. Much funny.”

Sana snickers as she watches Y/n kneel down in front of the edge of the ground, slowly lowering the fish into the water, where it stays still between Y/n’s hands for a moment before it swims away quickly.

“Bye fishy.” Y/n mumbles as it disappears in the water. “Sorry for scaring you so much.”

Sana is staring at her when Y/n looks up.

“What?” Y/n asks.

“You’re different.” Sana shrugs.

“Different how?”

Sana blinks at her, her eyes moving from her eyes to her lips and back up. She clears her throat and looks away. “Just different.”
----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 428 39
Arrange marriage now is seems to be normal to rich people. But Y/N want her love to be like the normal ones even it was already arranged by a contrac...
15K 1.1K 32
After a messy divorce, Sana Minatozaki is trying to make a fresh start for herself and her son in the little town of Lincoln, Maine, where her friend...
8.3K 294 10
for the girls and gays who love Karina🤝 -a collection of my short stories involving ur fav stupid cheese cat yjm xo (requests open + no smut)
5.9K 372 11
Kim Jong-Y/n, a recently turned 24 year old sets out to a job interview her close friend Park Chanyeol was able to get her. Y/n who is the 2nd younge...