Hearts of the Lonely (Reader...

By cos_at_your_service

Y/N becomes lost in the forest while camping, and a ghoul, Mountain, finds them. They are brought back to a c... More

1- Lost
2- What the Fuck
3- Cara Mia
4- Introductions
5- New Home
7- Rats
8- Plants
9- Ghouls
10- Ghouls (Pt. 2)
11- Band Practice
12- Work
13- "Wait, did he plan a date?"
14- Quick Visit
15- His Greenhouse
16- Summer Solstice
17- Friends
18- Special
19- Alone
20- Rescue Mission
21- Time Together
22- Caught
23- Ghouls & Angels
24- Phantom
25- Full Moon
26- Shopping Fiasco
27-Meetings
28- Rising Tension
29- Confrontation
30- Favors
31- Trouble Brewing
32- Febreeze & Foiled Plans
33- Temporary Housing
34- *Back Again
35- Test
36- *Test (Pt. 2)
37- Fall Festival
38- An Eventful Halloween
39- Season's Greetings
40- The Chimes Close to Midnight
41- New Plans

6- Ritual

1K 32 43
By cos_at_your_service

*TW: description of broken nose

The air buzzed with excitement as you followed the crowd to a church. The gothic architecture blended with the rest of the town's style. You examined the stained glass windows as you stood in the line for entry. They seemed to have a design with purple, red, and black as the main color scheme. You pulled out your phone to look at examples of stained glass to see if you could match it to anything online.

Bing!

The text from Copia popped on your screen and told you to sit in the front row when you got through the line. You texted back a thumbs up emoji and put your phone back in your pocket.

After you made it through the line, you made your way to the front of the church. You took a seat in the front row of the pews as they began to quickly fill up. The interior of the church was dark with candles illuminating the space. In front of you was a roped-off area that reminded you of a stage. There was a drum set on the white tile flooring with microphones set up all over the stage. Hanging on the grey back wall was a large upside down cross. Your eyes turned toward the ceiling where chandeliers and spotlights were. You pulled out your phone as another notification came through.

Unknown Number

Hey Y/N, it's Swiss
I got ur number from Copia btw
Just so u know us ghouls are going to be wearing a silver mask

Yep, this is Y/N
Ok! What happened to the black mask u wore before?

Copia wanted to change it at the last minute
I think he wants to make the transition as easy as posible for everyone

Ok
So where will you be?

Our era 3 ghouls are going to perform with Terzo for the last time before Copia so I'm gonna be with Copia & sodo will be in both performaces tho he will be playing bass with terzo & lead w/copia

Aether was kind enough to steep in tongiht for both 2
Im going to be next to mounty our drummer
Sodo & aether are guitarists so they will be closer to the crowd

I will look for you

Got 2 go
We have a 2 min warning
Hope u have fun!!!!!🤘

Thank u!!

You added Swiss' number to your contact list and put your phone back in your pocket as some security members went onstage to blow out the candles. Soon enough, the church was dark and everyone quieted down. Suddenly, the church became full of smoke and you heard shoes clicking on the tiles. The stage was lit up red as the spotlights centered on the cross on the wall.

"BELIAL."

The crowd screamed and leapt from their seats. You got up, too.

"BEHEMOTH."

You could make out figures from the smoke.

"BEELZEBUB."

The crowd started to chant along.

"ASMODEUS."

The smoke started to fade away, and you could make out Terzo in a black and purple outfit in the center of the stage.

"SATANAS."

The lights started to move and settle on each of the band members.

"LUCIFER."

Music came pouring into every crevice of the church as the musicians worked their magic. The lights started to flicker with the guitars. Terzo, or Papa Emeritus the Third, started singing to the congregation. Ghouls in black outfits and silver masks stomped their black and white shoes and sang the song. By the time the chorus came around again, you found that you were able to sing along. A ghoul with a black guitar had a solo, and he pointed and nodded at you when he finished. You noticed that Terzo ran offstage for a moment, but he quickly reappeared in a black and white suit. The crowd gave lots of applause when the song came to an end.

"How was that?" Terzo asked the crowd. Everyone yelled in response, and you yelled out a "Yeah!" to him.

"As you all know, this is our final night together-" the crowd booed- "but we will make it last a lifetime. Now, I apologize to all the little ones since I tend to say stupid stuff. But what's life without a little fun? Are you with us?" He questioned. Again, the congregation yelled.

"Good! Hit it ghouls!" The ghouls started playing another song, and Terzo went over to the ghouls and introduced them one by one as "nameless ghouls." He also gave some insight to what the congregation called them. You learned that the lead guitarist was Alpha, and the rhythm guitarist was Omega. You realized that he was Aether, and you gave him a wave. After introducing them, Terzo led everyone in a song called "Mummy Dust."

After that, he sang a song called "Cirice," and sung to you. He knelt down and took your hand while singing, "Can't you see that you're lost without me? I can feel the thunder that's breaking in your heart, I can see through the scars inside you. . ."

You were completely entranced, and he kissed your hand after the song ended. In fact, all of the band members had been paying special attention to you throughout the Ritual. The ghouls had been coming up infront of you, and now Terzo sang to you.

After a few more songs, the band played a song called "Square Hammer." The ghouls seemed to be playing with much more energy than before as they jumped, headbanged, and interacted with the crowd. As the song reached its ending, smoke filled the church, obscuring your view. When the smoke cleared, the stage was empty again besides an old man standing next to Sister Imperator. The crowd gave a round of applause and the pews creaked as everyone sat back down.

"Good evening, everyone! As you know, we will be introducing the new Papa Emeritus as well as new ghouls tonight. I wish to inform everyone that we would like a peaceful transition and do not tolerate hate or violence. Without further ado, please welcome Cardinal Copia!" Sister announced.

The crowd clapped as Cardinal Copia walked onstage in a black outfit with a fedora to match. As he approached Sister and the old man, he almost tripped over his black dress shoes but caught himself in time. He gave a nervous smile and turned to the congregation.

"Papa Nihil, will you ask him?" Sister implored.

"Yes, Seestor," the old man responded. He shuffled forward with his cane, and you hoped he wouldn't trip over his cream-colored robes or oxygen tank tubes. Sister Imperator brushed some dust off her black dress and sighed as Papa Nihil took some time to get in front of Copia.

Finally, Papa Nihil was in front of Copia. He put out his right hand and Copia put his hands on top of Nihil's. Nihil put his left hand on top of Copia's hands, and started the ceremonial questions.

"Will you lead this band and church to the best of your ability?"

"I will," Copia responded.

"Do you promise to never stray from your mission?"

"I promise."

"And shall you bring honor to the Emeritus name?"

"I shall."

The church held its breath.

"Haec promissa custodias usque ad consummationem dierum," Papa Nihil said as he took his hands off of Copia's.

Crunch!

Copia would've fallen backward if not for the ghoul who caught him. He clutched his face, and you saw blood flowing from his broken nose. It was at an unnatural angle, and you hoped Copia would heal soon. You couldn't believe that frail, old Papa Nihil had enough strength to break a man's nose. As Copia was walked off the stage, Sister Imperator and Papa Nihil introduced the new ghouls.

The lights shone on each individual ghoul as they took their spot on the stage. You learned about each ghoul and what instrument they played.

First, Sodo was introduced, and he came up front in the new all-black outfit of a button-down shirt, pants, dress shoes, tie, and a silver mask with a cut out section for the mouth. He pulled down the stretchy black fabric covering his neck and face to expose his mouth. This allowed him to lick the neck of his guitar. Sodo knew how to make the crowd go wild.

After Sodo, Aether was introduced. He came on stage with his black guitar and jumped around while the crowd clapped. You decided he was really a five-year-old in the body of a grown man.

The bassist, Rain, was next. He quietly took his place on stage and gave a small wave of thanks to the congregation.

Swiss was up next. You clapped as loud as possible and he gave you a smile with fangs as he strutted to his platform next to the drum set.

After him came the drummer, Mountain. He was the tallest of all the ghouls and was the sweetest according to Copia. Mountain gave the audience a warm smile, and sat down behind the drums.

Finally, the ghoulettes Cirrus and Cumulus came to the stage. They held hands, came to the front of the stage, and made hearts with their hands. After they made it to their places by the keyboards, Papa Nihil scooted off the stage leaving Sister Imperator to give one final announcement.

"And now, the moment you all have been waiting for. . .Please help me welcome the new leader Cardinal Copia!"

The congregation jumped up went wild with applause as Copia walked out on stage. He wore black robes with dress shoes. Copia had skin-colored face paint that somewhat hid a bandage covering his nose, but it seemed like a total transformation. His look was complete with black and gold gloves. Copia went to the center microphone, and the ghouls started a new song. While the intro was playing, he winked at you, and you noticed that one of his eyes was white.

"This chapel of ritual smells of dead human sacrifices from the altar bed!"

As the song came to a finish, you whistled. You were so proud of your new friend! Copia saw, and blew you a kiss.

"All right! Thank you for the warm welcome! Unfortunately, we only have enough time for one more song. This is one that my papa used to sing," Copia began the final song of the night, and you sang the chorus as loud as possible.

"You go down just like Holy Mary. Mary on a, Mary on a cross. Not just another bloody Mary. Mary on a, Mary on a cross. . ."

You heard and saw that you were singing the same part as Swiss and Aether, and felt a rush of happiness.

"Nothing wrong with that. . . Mary on a, Mary on a cross. . . Nothing wrong with that. . . Mary on a, Mary on a cross. . ."

The music slowed down as Copia sang the final lyrics, "Mary on a, Mary on a cross."

With that, the stage went dark, and you had an adrenaline rush. You used this to your advantage by jumping up and down and screaming words of praise to the band. After a couple minutes, lights turned on and people began to filter out of the church.

Damn; I like this place!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 516 24
Y/n finished college and is now looking for a job. Tho at the moment not very successful she spent most of her time listening to her favorite band Gh...
12.3K 118 37
I, personally would've name the book "heheeh" (not very professional of me as always but can be anything short) and put like the "ghost band one shot...
198K 5K 35
𓆩*π“†ͺ 𝘨𝘢𝘒𝘳π˜₯𝘦π˜₯ 𝘣𝘺 𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘢𝘭𝘴 𓆩*π“†ͺ κ’° ͑͜➸ she just wanted her music. they didn't like that. so she found someone else...
23.1K 459 41
π–™π–†π–π–Š π–’π–Š π–Žπ–“π–™π–Šπ–—π–“π–†π–‘π–‘π–ž, π–‹π–”π–—π–Šπ–›π–Šπ–— π–žπ–”π–šπ–—π–˜, π–“π–”π–ˆπ–™π–šπ–—π–“π–†π–‘ π–’π–Š ||collection of ghost one shots <3 includes current ghouls...