A broken heart

By TeresaSullivan427

This is what I had hoped would happen when Janine went to Rose and told her about the offer that Tasha had ma... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 31

400 11 4
By TeresaSullivan427

"Yes, it was. They did that about three months before Lissa and I left the academy. It was just weeks before that that we found out about the ghosts. And the effects that the wards, or lack thereof I should say, have on me physically and mentally."

"What do you mean Roza?"

"Well, for some reason that we still don't know, the wards failed in the middle of the human day. Stan was doing his rounds in the hallway outside of my room and he heard me screaming from the pain. No one else had heard me because of just how few novices there are in the female dorms. As you know I am the only person that lives on this level of the female dorms."

I nodded.

"But anyway, when he heard me screaming, he didn't take the time to find and use his pass key to get in he just kicked the door down. Shocked the absolute der'mo out of me a few days later when I finally saw what happened. I never thought that he was strong enough to do something like that. Apparently, he thought that someone had somehow gotten inside my room and was attacking me in some way. Which is why he didn't take the time to find and use his key." (shit)

"Maybe it was the boost of adrenalin, worry, concern, and fear that gave him that extra push."

"I suppose that is possible. Now I don't remember any of this, I have only been told what happened and shown the security footage as well as Lissa showing me what she saw."

"Ok, I understand."

"Anyway, on the security footage I could hear myself screaming in pain for almost a good fifteen minutes before Stan got here. It was just by divine intervention that Alto just happened to be walking down my hallway so shortly after it started."

She shook her head for a moment before speaking again. "Comrade, I don't ever want ANYONE to be in as much pain as I had to have been in in order to scream in such a way. It sounded like I was being torn to pieces by a pack of psi-hounds or starved strigoi."

"I don't want you to ever have to go through anything like that ever again Roza moya. NOT EVER." (my)

She smiled at me before cupping my cheek gently and saying, "thank you sooo much, Comrade."

"You're very welcome detka. I should definitely thank Alto too." I said as I nuzzled my face into the palm of her hand. (baby)

"I thanked him when I came back to myself. He laughed and asked me, 'you're not going soft on me now are you Hathaway?' I just laughed and told him, 'no chance Alto'." She replied with a lite laugh.

I gave a lite laugh myself and told her, "of course you two just couldn't bury the hatchet, could you?"

"Noooo, of course not Comrade. Who would keep the novices entertained and awake during his class if we did that?" She full on laughed this time and I joined her.

Several minutes later she continued. "Anyway, as I was saying, Stan busted my door in half right down the middle and down off of its hinges. He ran into my room and seconds later he came running out with a screaming, unconscious, and flailing me in his arms. He couldn't even activate his comms unit because he was trying to hold onto me to where I wouldn't manage to fling myself out of his arms and into the floor."

I shook my head as I tried to imagine her like that, but I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't manage to bring myself to imagine her in that kind of pain and misery. And I hoped and prayed that I never have to see it either. But even more than that I prayed to Bog that she would never have to experience it again. EVER. (God)

We may need to get moroi from each specialty to travel around with us after graduation. So that way if we ever go anywhere that is not warded, or if the wards on the jet that she is on even starts to so much as flicker. Then they can replace or reinforce them just as quickly as possible.

"Using the security footage mommy Al showed me the path that Stan took to the infirmary. And Dimitri, I screamed that way all the way there. I know that I scared the der'mo out of poor old Stanny boy, because he was pale as a strigoi himself. But anyway, according to the security footage from the infirmary I screamed like that for HOURS until they finally noticed that the wards were down and replaced them. I couldn't even tell them what was wrong because not only was I unconscious, but I also didn't know. And also, because I couldn't do anything but scream as if I was being torn apart joint by excessively bloody and painful joint. Lissa, mommy Al, Aunt El, Dr. Oldenzki, and the fab five were all beside themselves. Some sitting down with their legs continuously jumping up and down and the others all pacing. Even poor Stan was a mess. And all of it was in worry over me." She sounded as though she just couldn't believe that so many people cared about what happened to her. Which was yet more bred sivoy kobyly that Janine and the training that we dhampir receive are responsible for. (bullshit)

"I screamed that night until my voice just gave completely out, and even after my voice gave out. I continued to thrash around in my bed in the infirmary and try my best to scream but I just had no voice. Once the wards were restored, and I was doing better, we did experiments to see if that was indeed the cause of my pain. Which it was." (shit)

"What kind of experiments?" I did not like even the idea, of her being experimented on.

"I would take a few steps outside of the gates just past the ward line, during the human day of course. And every time that I did it, just moments later someone would have to pick me up and carry me back inside the wards. Because within a moment or so I would collapse and begin to scream and thrash around again because of the intense and crippling pain. If you want to watch it, it is all saved on the servers so that it can be shown to all of my future guardians. So that they will know what is going on and how to fix it if it happens again."

"I hate seeing you in pain Roza moya, but I will watch it just so that I will be sure to know what is going on. I am sure that you, just like everyone else, has a different scream for everything. So, in order to make sure that I know what that particular scream sounds like I will watch the videos." (my)

"All right. Anyway, when I got back to my room my door had obviously already been replaced. But mommy Al had taken some pictures of the original one so that she could show them to me. According to what she told me, they even had to replace one side of the door frame."

I just lay there shaking my head with my mouth hanging slightly ajar looking into her eyes in stunned amazement. Before I gave in and said, "chertov rebenok. It sounds like you definitely scared the der'mo out of poor old Stan" (damn baby, shit)

"I did. And as I said, all of that is why baba had all of his jets, and all other forms of transportation warded on the inside. It is also why Aunt Tati had the academy jets and the automobiles all warded. And any court jet that I am to be on has to be warded before I am ever even allowed to step a single foot on it." (daddy)

"Well, I am definitely thankful to both of them for that."

"Yeah, me too." She definitely sounded relieved.

"Anyway, after we left Greece, we took a few weeks to rest from that on babanin main estate several miles outside of Istanbul Turkey. After we had rested Lissa and I as well as baba, Aunt Tati, Uncle Pavel, Uncle Sergei, mommy Al, Aunt El, the fab five and the same dozen or so guardians for baba and the ones that he assigned to Lissa and me plus the around four dozen that Aunt Tati brought with her. All went to babanin estate in Tuscany for the week before and of CHRISTmas and New Year's and the week after New Year's. Since the estate is always guarded the guardians that went with us didn't have to work half as often so they got some down time too. Which was intentional by all of us." She laughed for a few moments. (daddy's, daddy, daddy, daddy's)

"There were so many of us, and sooo much luggage, which included everyone's gifts for everyone else, that we had to take one of babanin larger planes. All of the charges got all of ours and everyone else's guardian's gifts too. Which is why there were sooo many gifts. I didn't know what baba and Aunt Tati's guardians would like so I bought them all visa or master card gift cards worth five thousand dollars. And baba and Aunt Tati did the same for each other's and mine and Lissa's guardians for the same reasons. And the guardians that we bought actual gifts for we made sure that the monetary amount equaled that of the gift cards for the others." (daddy's, daddy, daddy)

"I would imagine so, that would be between seventy and a hundred people after all. Depending on exactly how many guardians Abe assigned to you and Lissa. That was very generous of all of you, it is such a shame that all other charges don't think about and do similar for their own guardians as you, Abe, and your aunt do." I replied with a smile of my own. I mean ad, as I said, that would have been around one hundred people so a small private jet would just not be big enough. As for the gifts given to the guardians, there is sooo much they could do with money like that. They could live for a year, possibly even longer, on that kind of money. Or they could cash it in and put it in savings for their hopeful retirement. As for the gifts, if they were things that were needed, they could keep them. And if they weren't then they could possibly take them back and get the money. Or even sell them and take that money and put it up or do whatever they wanted to with it as well. (hell)

"And as beautiful as it is there, to me, Tuscany doesn't hold a candle to Greece. Not. In. The. Least." She shook her head at me.

"Anyway, after we all celebrated New Year's, a few days later Lissa and I along with the regular several guardians that baba had assigned to travel around with us. All went to Moscow for three months, and the others either went back home or back to work. My guardians from here couldn't travel along with us because that would have blown not just their cover but my own as well. So, they all begrudgingly left me with the other guardians that my baba assigned to watch over and protect me and Lissa and returned to the academy. Which is why baba had so many extra guardians traveling around with us. At that time, we had six guardians each per six-hour shift with two for fill ins just in case someone got injured. What happened in Italy is why our guardian numbers went up. We started out with three per six-hour shift each but after that attack my baba doubled both of our guardian numbers." (daddy, daddy, daddy, father)

'Wow, so there would have actually been closer to one hundred and fifty people on that plane to Tuscany.' I thought to myself momentarily.

She laughed a bit, not even realizing what I was thinking about. "Which is why we had to keep and use one of babanin larger jets to get around in all the time. Normally it would have been the less than fifty-seater that we would travel in. But with so many guardians, given the ones who were to take over shifts if anyone was injured, Lissa, and I and all of our luggage would have been far too cramped in one of the smaller jets. It would have basically been impossible for all of us to cram ourselves into a twenty-five or less passenger jet. And that is not even counting the flight attendants, pilot, co-pilot, and all of their luggage. But anyway, as I was saying, during our time away from the academy. Is the very first time that I have gotten to live and travel as to what everyone keeps telling me is appropriate for my 'station and status'." (daddy's)

I smiled and nodded, letting her know that I understood, just as I had earlier. It sounded as though she had indeed finally gotten to live the life of the true royal that she is, at least for a short while.

After all she couldn't very well do that while she was here at the academy, at least not in the past. Because people didn't, and most still don't, know about who she really is. And I just could honestly not wait to see some of these people's faces and their reactions when they do find out who she really is and who she will become.

I laughed in my head for a moment as I thought about just how that little Zeklos worm and his entire group of 'I am better than everyone else' royals. Would react once they know who they had been mistreating, tormenting, torturing, and bullying all of these years. And the fear that their eyes, minds, and hearts will probably hold once they figure it out.

Blyad' me, I want a video recording of the looks on all of their faces. And then when they begin to worry about what exactly she would do in order to get revenge on all of them for the things that they have said and done to and about her. I mean if Zeklos and Sarkozy ever manage to get out of Tarasov or out of Abe's reach long enough to graduate and or live at court. But given the fact that not only is my Roza's godmother/aunt the current queen. The fact that Roza is the future queen and Abe's ability to do whatever he chert well pleases, to whomever he chert well pleases, whenever he chert well pleases. The future for those two idiots especially, does not look too bright at all. Mat' chertovski zhopy!!! (fuck, damn, damn, damn, mother fucking assholes)

"Anyway, after we left Moscow, we meet back up with baba and went to his home in Baia Siberia..." (daddy)

"Wait, you've been to Baia mladenets?" That stunned me. (babe)

"Yes, why?"

"That's where I'm from Roza."

She was shocked I know because it was plain as day in her eyes and all over her face. "Wow, that is some coincidence. Wait, you've told me that before, haven't you?"

"Yes, indeed I did. What did you do in Baia mladenets?" (babe)

"Baba was with us for the first week and he introduced us to a woman there named Yeva Belikova. And another lady, who is Yeva's daughter, named Olena Belikova..." (daddy)

"Mladenets, that is my babushka and my mama." (babe, grandmother)

"Really?!!"

I laughed, "yes."

"Huh. Again, odd. I don't know why I never made the connection before."

"Yes, it is most definitely odd. As for why you never made the connection. It is most likely the name difference that probably threw you off, Belikova as opposed to Belikov. Especially since you are used to the Americanized naming system."

"Yeah, that's probably why it didn't click for me before. Your babushka is actually the one that introduced all of us to Oksana and Mark. Baba had heard of them, from Yeva, before that but he'd never actually met them before that day. But when we did meet them that is when Oksana taught Lissa and I how to charm a stake with spirit magic. It is also when she taught us how to charm silver jewelry to help both Lissa and I with spirits darkness and other side effects. So, wait, that means that mama Olena is the one that that ublyudok Randall beat on and raped?!" (grandmother, bastard)

Sadness and anger very quickly swept over me. "Yes." I accidentally and definitely unintentionally growled in response to her question. But she didn't even flinch. Whereas my anger would frighten some people, given my size, it fazed her not one little bit. That is just how great her love for me is.

"Oh Comrade, I am soooo yeblya sorry detka. I am sooo yeblya sorry that that ublyudok did that kind of der'mo to all of you. I really hate that sukin syn for that. His zhopa is so yeblya lucky, luckier than a sukin syn like him ever deserves to be, that he didn't show his yeblya face while I was there. I would have beat his zhopa bloody and used all of my magic on him to cause him just as much yeblya pain as possible." I could hear the pain and anger that she felt on my family's behalf, in her voice. It was loud and clear both in her voice and in her eyes. Which were filled with her tears of anger, rage, and hatred for Randal yebat' golovu Ivashkov. I have only ever met one member of the Ivashkov family. And I must say that I hate absolutely everything about that sukin syn. I am so glad that my Roza's godmother/aunt seems to be different from what I know firsthand of the Ivashkov's. Or that particular Ivashkov I should say. But then it is possible that she is only like that to Roza and the other members of her family and people that she loves and cares about. (fucking, baby, fucking, bastard, shit, son of a bitch, ass, fucking, son of a bitch, fucking, ass, fucking, fuck head, son of a bitch)

"Thank you detka, I appreciate that so much. And I know that my family will as well. We all appreciate your willingness and desire to avenge and protect us all. That is why I was telling you earlier about Abe knowing how to do away with evil royals. I don't know what he did to or with Randall, and quiet honestly, I just don't give a der'mo either. Just as long as the ublyudok stays the blyad' away from all of the people that I love and care about." (baby, shit, bastard, fuck)

"I am so thankful that my father was there to deal with Randall after you finished with him detka." (baby)

"Me too because had I had to deal with Randall myself, Bog only knows what I would have done to him. Especially after seeing what he had just done to my mama and remembering what he had done and tried to do to all of my sestry. So, what did you do while you were there in Baia detka?" I asked to get both of our minds off of that good for nothing ublyudok Randall. (God, sisters, baby, bastard)

"We spent a lot of time with your babushka, who told both me and Lissa to call her babushka. We also spent a good deal of time with both Oksana and Mark. It was thanks to babushka Yeva and Oksana that Lissa and I found out a lot of the things that we both could and would be able to do. Both babushka Yeva and Oksana helped train me to use, decipher and understand my visions. By that I mean learning how to get them to come to me as opposed to my having to sit and wait around for them to come to me. In fact, that has come in VERY handy since I meet you detka." (grandmother, grandmother, grandmother, grandmother, grandmother, baby)

"That's really great mladenets. Did you get a chance to meet the rest of my family? What do you mean, since you met me detka?" (babe, baby)

"Oh yeah!! Vika,Lissa, and I all became like sestry. And Karo let me hold, feed, and play withZo and Pasha is a little mini you. He is so sweet, and loving, and kind and hetakes such very good care of Zo. Sonja wasn't around all that much because shehad a boyfriend that she liked to spend most of her free time with. But nowthat I finally have you, I can completely understand where she wascoming from with that. But when she was around, we got along really well too. Ilove your family a lot Mitya. Mama Olena even taught me how to cook black bread,blini, borscht, and a few other things. As for 'why since I met you'. Myvisions kept me going, they gave me hope, they gave me the... mental andemotional stamina that I needed to hold out until you came to your senses." (sisters)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89K 2.4K 47
What happens to all of those that love and care about Rose after the words, Love fades... mine has? What happens to Rose after Dimitri said those fou...
19.4K 434 58
A reunion between two best friends lead to a new connection, maybe love.
4.5K 77 1
Rose has finally had enough of the way that Lissa and Dimitri are treating her. When Dimitri says to four little words to Rose everyone's world chang...
4.6K 89 1
What happens when Rose Hathaway's heart, soul and spirit are broken by Dimitri?