Lucid

By Hexbug586

Lucid: adjective, Lu•cid \ 'Lü-səd 1- having full use of one's abilities 2-full of light 3- Clear to understa... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Diversion/ QnA
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 (M)
My apologies
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Update thats not an update
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Knock knock
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 21

197 16 5
By Hexbug586

Timeskip- that night.
POV: none
Fixer stood atop the roof once again. Looking down, he could se the rear enterance of the building, and the vans which had just arrived. Climbing out of them were today's principals- WM artists, and his main goal, Lee Chaeyeon. Once they reached the door, he stepped back and ran across the rooftop. Entering into the staircase, he ran down, occasionally sliding down handrails until he reached the main level, and from there, headed deeper into the maze of hallways that held all the artist ready rooms. He knew where he was going, of course, he had a map. But the Musicgayo facility had been peaceful so far, and it was too quiet. He began his patrol, staking the hallways with sharp eyes, waiting for the wrinkle to be revealed.

POV: Fixer (Y/N)
I lean against the wall, a bit tired. I've made 6 rounds so far, all peaceful and clear. No issues. Checking the security cameras, there's nobody interesting anywhere on my route. The front entrance looks clear, the back is clear, the roof is good. The staff rooms are all busy. The employee check in-
"It's you again." Looking up, I don't see anyone. Then I look further down and see YooA, an Oh My Girl member who must have noticed me from earlier at their company.
"Yes." I say stoically.
"Do you work for the company?" She asks, obviously curious. She's in full stage getup, except for her hair, which is still partially pinned.
"For now." I'm not sure why she's talking to me right now. "It's nice talking to you, but I'm working right now. Let's talk some other time." I say curtly. Her eyes seem to frown, but she agrees and walks off. Checking the cameras again, finally, there's someone new here. A few more staff have arrived, but they all look like cleaning staff. But it's almost time for Chaeyeon's stage, so I should get going.

I work my way through the halls, and come to a halt in front of her dressing room. There's a few people there, they look like usual staff, but...That one has flowers. Why does he have flowers, if he's staff. Not a delivery either, because you wouldn't need two men in dress clothes for a simple flower delivery. Luckily, I manage to reach her dressing room door before they do, and I step in front of the door and turn my back to it. They both come up to me, and one looks at me, obviously expecting me to move aside for him. He probably thinks I'll move because I assume he's some high up staff person or something else. But, I have a feeling that's not it. You don't deliver flowers before a performance unless you're here for the artist herself, and there's only two people who would do that- WM, who already said they don't have anyone doing that. And RBW. And that's why I'm here.
"Excuse me." He says, and gestures to the door. The one behind him rolls his shoulders, trying to look buff and intimidating. Probably trying to look like an exec and his guard. Or maybe they really are. I don't care.
"You're excused." I reply, and don't move. "I can take those for you, and give them to her." He bristles, and angrily says,
"I'm here to gift these to her and to speak to her. Stand aside." I shake my head
"No." His security guard then moves up and says,
"If you're going to cause problems and refuse to do your job properly, I'll have to ask you to leave." He pulls out a badge, but it's just some random private security company, it means nothing to me.
"You can ask. It won't help you much." I'm enjoying this honestly, I prefer dealing with problems via sass instead of fighting. But fighting is also fun. They step back and look at each other, then back at me.
"Don't you know who I am?" The higher up says, trying to impress me I suppose.
"I don't care who you are." This clearly makes him mad, so he gets up in my face and starts yelling.
"I am-" he points a hand in my face, and that bothers me. I slap his hand out of my face, and he stumbles. I don't know how he did that, all I did was hit his hand, but somehow he takes a step to the side and looks shocked. Naturally, his guard steps in and tries to grab me. Big mistake. Without missing a beat, I sidestep his lungs and kick him in the side of his stomach, throwing him sideways and making him crash into his boss. They both go down, and I move to stand over them.
"Leave." I move back to the door, and they stand up awkwardly.
"Get him!" The boss says, obviously pissed because I made a fool of him. The guard goes into a boxing stance, and starts moving closer. It's time to cut this short, so I reach into my cargo pocket and pull out one of my dueling knives. He immediately backs up, and glances at his boss again. The boss just points at me again and shouts, "I said get him!" So, as any good, brainless henchman would, he tried to close into punching range, while his eyes are still focused on the knife. That's his mistake, because he doesn't even notice that I grabbed a stock charge with my other hand. I flip the knife around as to not hurt him, then I lunge towards him and hit his shoulder with the charge. It activates in a flash, and he drops to the ground as he's hit with a nasty little shock. He writhes for a moment, then stops moving entirely. The one left looks down in horror, then drops the flowers that he was still holding and runs. I'm surprised he still held onto the flowers honestly. Thankfully, they didn't get damaged, so I grab them. He's still mad, though, and that's good. Because mad people make mistakes. This time, I can listen in as he radios someone else, saying,
"Go for the stage distraction." I'll deal with that in turn. I grab the one still unconscious on the floor and pull him over to a nearby equipment storage room and prop him up there. He'll wake up in half an hour. Probably. Unless he had a heart condition.

Finally, I turn and knock on the door.
"Yes?" She asks softly.
"It's me." I say, much less softly.
"Come in." She sounds confused, she probably can't recognize my voice. I step inside and close the door behind me. "You're here." She says to me, looking me up and down. I had an outfit change since she last saw me, so that makes sense.
"Like I said. Here to protect you." I walk over and hand her the flowers. "These are for you." She takes them and admires them for a moment.
"Did you get these for me?" I shrug.
"Someone gave them to me, they didn't need them anymore. I figured you deserved them." She smiles wide, and I can see her eyes sparkle a bit.
"Thanks." That time, she said it casually, how interesting.
"Of course." I respond, switching to casual Korean instead of formal Korean. She gives me an odd look.
"Maybe we should do honorifics, actually." I grin. It did feel a little odd.
"Sure."
"Miss Lee, it's time for you to head up to the stage!" A sudden voice says, disrupting our surprisingly heartfelt moment. She stands up, and I walk to the door and open it to check who's there. Thankfully, this time it's a show coordinator, with a badge visible. Now, it's showtime, and not just for her.

As she goes closer to the stage, getting her mic and other equipment, I head higher up. Getting a vantage point will be useful, but I also prep a rope and rappelling brace so I can get down fast when I need to. The stage area has a large grid of lighting equipment and other things above it, making a perfect setup for me to perch upon. I climb across it slowly, sort of like Spider-Man, until I reach a spot just in front of the stage. From my position, I can see... fans, fans, fans. A few security people. Some cleaners. And three, no, four men and women all carrying identical handbags. Each at regular intervals, and the same distance from the stage. Hmmmmmmm. I wait a minute, and Chaeyeon comes on stage. Looks like they're gathering, at the back of the main seats. I start climbing over to there, and get ready to go down if I need to. I should probably avoid killing anyone here, so it's a good thing I brought a baton. She's reaching the first chorus now, and I can see them all sort of whispering amongst each other and nodding. As soon as she goes into the second verse, one of them turns fully towards the stage, and I know it's time to go.

Thankful for the fact that they decided to gather behind the crowd, I slide down my line until about 10 feet above the floor then release. I free fall, then slam into the ground with just enough space for the first goon to skitter to a halt. Once again, it's my usual landing, use your legs to reduce impact then stabilize with a three point stance. After that, I stand, and pull the batons from their spots, collapsed behind my waist. Swinging them to extend, I hold one in each hand and strike my usual pose. I like posing, it sets the attitude of the fight. With that done, I swing my right hand and knock the bag from vandal 1's hand, then swing my left and knock them across the temple. They stay upright, impressively. Most wouldn't, but apparently this vandal is beefy. They throw themself towards me, lunging with a punch that could probably have shattered someone's jaw. But they're far too slow, and I sidestep them and knock their legs out before doing spinning into a loop and kicking them square in the back of the head. And, or like a light, and a nice little concession. But now there's three coming at me at once, this will be fun. I turn and run at them as well, and this time I'm going acrobatic. I jump into the air and plant a kick on vandal two's chest, and use the sudden momentum change to my advantage to dodge a punch to the stomach from vandal three. Vandal four adjusts, aiming a haymaker for my shoulder, which connects with a loud snapping sound. Not my snapping, they shattered their fingers because punching solid metal armor is a very bad idea. But I'm not done yet, so I grab vandal four's arm and spin it 720 degrees, which snaps their ulna and radius against each other and moves their humerus to a place it really shouldn't be. Luckily, they don't scream, probably shock. Next comes vandal three again, and this time they have a score to settle. But they aren't the only ones, and after a few blocks and a few whacks, they're on the ground, bruised and no longer able to move their shoulder. Finally is vandal two, who's still breathing heavy from the kick to the chest. This time I decide to take it each, so I do a quick one-two to their crotch, making a very unpleasant squishing noise, then hit them on the side of their head. They topple over, having probably lost both the will to fight and the ability to have children. There's a few eyes on me now, but that's alright. I'm masked, and dressed in black and grey with a trench coat. I turn, nod to the person I see videoing me for dramatic effect, then rush out the door. I manage to find a hidden corner, where I take off the jacket and mask and put on a colorful sweater and a pair of sunglasses, and begin sporting a large, fake smile. I blend back into the crowd, before dropping out to return backstage.

A/N-
That was... long
(First time I've heard that)

Also, shoutout to Dannonymous because this absolute Chad votes for every single one of my chapters and has for weeks now. I'm sure there are a few of you that do that as well, such as Iveanewjeans and aWinnter, and I appreciate that, I really do. If I didn't mention you it's just because I don't always recognize your name, but a huge thanks to y'all anyways. I owe you one. Or more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 228 14
☀︎︎A compilation of short stories about seven lovely people.☁︎︎ This book will consist of- -some original plotlines -some widely loved fanfic tropes ...
74.2K 1K 101
The tittle say it all 💚😉 I will be writing various of GOT7 imagine in this book~ AHGASE! Please look forward for it. 👏🏻 Btw all the picture in t...
13.9K 172 10
Just another minsung oneshot book out there, which will be just random scenarios, or plots for future stories ❗requests are open❗ 🔞- smut ♥️- fluff ...
37.5K 2.4K 31
❝𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔.❞ A girl who suffered from foodiatromax, named Y/N. She became a school b...