HER LIFE (✓✓)

By shylpeter8

The arrival of Sheetal creates havoc in Khushi's life, causing her husband and family to disregard her.She de... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHARACTER SKETCH
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHARACTER SKETCH
CHAPTER 13
Chapter 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32

CHAPTER 16

2K 140 18
By shylpeter8

Maheswari Mansion,Kolkata

As usual the mansion was silent though contrary to other days the air was calm which gave a positive vibe.Maheswari women were preparing breakfast in the company of their cooks before the men wake up.

Everyone kept looking at Sujata whose face has a bright glow as she hum her favourite lines shocking those who were unfamiliar with this side of her.

They didn't comment while those who were with the family from before knew that's the real her who changed after the lose of her children. However for Sujata the night seemed long after getting her son's call informing of his return after his sudden disappearance weeks ago.

Her motherly instinct kicked in and she eagerly waiting for dawn so that she can set her eyes on her son and prove she's fine, for she alone knew how worried she was after not knowing of his whereabout.

She eagerly waited for the allegation placed on him to be cleared immediately her nephew returns  for she's deeply hurt seeing the suffering and indifference her children receive from their family.

Anupurma was happy seeing her like that but she wasn't a fool to not see the distance created between them due to the chaos emerging in the family. She felt ashamed for blaming Sanskar for laksh disappearance when he always loved and respected her as a mother. Yet she proved she can only be laksh mother.

They set the dinning table as the men arrive seeing many different dishes but they didn't question. They started serving them but Ram was astonish hearing Sujata who was humming a beautiful song that two after a decade.

The men stared at each other not knowing the reason behind her happy mood this early morning but inwardly they felt happy. The women stood behind their husbands waiting for them to finish eating but Sujata eyes kept staring at the door confusing the ones who saw her.

Suddenly a car horn was heard outside and before anyone can react Sujata took off not minding how  her that reaction stun others. Anu left behind her being curious and her eyes welled up seeing her son and nephew.

When they took long in returning others followed to see the reason and we're happy their sons who were being embraced by their mothers. Though their faces didn't show trace of happiness but who could believe even they were worried for their children though only difference they don't portray their emotion not to worry their wives.

"Laksh!Sanskar!"called Durga who waited to embrace them but their mothers weren't leaving them.

The two met their fathers before heading to their elder brother who hugged them and patting their back relieved.

"Adarsh Bhai won't you welcome me"told a pouting uttara

"Uttu why do I need to welcome you in your own home?You've stayed with this laksh and became dramatic just like him"told Adarsh while Uttara pouted more.

"Now where have come from between your conversation?Sanskar tell me ,am I really dramatic"questioned laksh looking at sanskar

"Lucky why a you asking me,ask the ones who mentioned you"told sanskar while others got a mini heart attack hearing the two conversing without fight.

"We can finish that conversation after have fed myself, am really famished"told laksh rubbing his stomach

"How is that possible and the way you ate before we start the journey?I even thought you won't be eating for two days? "Mocked sanskar whose eyes widen when he heard laksh

"Am a growing boy and I need food to grow strong and healthy "answered laksh

"Leave him lucky , sanskar Bhai won't understand "second uttara while Sanskar gave the two impossible look

Others kept moving their heads staring between the three who have forgotten there surrounding. They wondered what happen when they were away to bring such change. But seeing them like this they remembered someone whom it has been years but the void she left keeps growing.

They feasted the meal served enjoying the moment but it was cut short,"Can you two tell us where you've been and how come you return together?"question Durga making the two still on their seats which didn't go unnotice

Before that,"Ma, Papa am really sorry for the pain have caused you to due to my immaturity and the choices I made. Last month I disappeared not because of Sanskar but I wanted to do something on my own which will make papa proud of me without thinking the situation behind me.

Choti Ma am sorry for always being the reason of Bhai's pain. That day to hurt Bhai I used some bad words on   you and Swara which am even ashamed of myself. Bhai raised a stone to hit me but later dropped it without causing any harm on me

I took that chance and disappeared but that one month taught me a lesson and am going to prove am a changed person" told laksh begging for their forgiveness.

His mother hugged him instantly while Sujata forgave him halfheartedly which was obvious.

' Laksh you've seen the damage your carelessness has caused around you?Though am happy you've decided to change but until I see it, that's when i'l think of forgiving you for you've disappointed me many times"said Durga while an ashamed laksh stared at him remorseful

Anupama wanted to intervene but was stopped by Durga's raised palm shutting. Attention moved to sanskar who knew it was his cue.

"Ma am sorry for the pain I caused you years back. Am a bad son who easily forgot you carried and nurtured me only because of a girl whom I just met. Please forgive me" said sanskar remorseful remembering his mother's pain.

Sujata shock her head sideways holding his face in her palm affectionately," It's ok Sanskar, the good thing is that your here now"told Sujata forgetting her past pain embracing her elder child.

"Am happy you both have realized your mistakes  and now I think you should call your wives back and seek their forgiveness for even failed them"told Durga

"Not today papa. Today we are spending time with our family, tomorrow you should invite Gododia for breakfast right sanskar"jumped in Laksh while Sujata sigh in relief he won't have to see her Bengali daughter -in-law

"ok if you say so"responded Durga as they move out heading to the office

"Sujata am really sorry for my past days behaviour towards sanskar. I don't know how can I blame him for laksh disappearance forgetting he is no difference from Adarsh and laksh. Please forgive me sanskar"apologize Anu

"It's ok badi maa /jiji

Laksh felt ashamed him being the cause. They spend time together at home and when men return in the evening they were happy with the sight they saw. Lakshya and Pari heads was on Anuparma lap with uttara and sanskar on Sujata lap as they converse. They welcomed them inside as they go to freshen and the women head to the kitchen to supervise dinner preparation.

The men felt happy having that homely feel in their mansion and seeing happiness on their family faces contrary to past.They ate their dinner in satisfaction as they enjoyed for the first time heading to their rooms calling it a day after spending quite sometime with the family.

Next morning

The breakfast was being supervised since the Gododias will be joining them. They were working in speed to make everything ready before time. But they were shocked when Uttara asked her mother to prepare Allo puri which hasn't been prepared in maheswari mansion after the supposed death of the youngest member.

Though Sujata heart pricked hearing her daughter's plea, she stilled it and prepared it just the way she used to prepare it for her daughter who only ate it from her hands. Though her face didn't show the war going inside her, her heart was bleeding.

A tear dropped recalling her daughter's antics but she continued preparing it with the same care she used to. Uttara felt bad but she knew the gain later. Environment became emotional  when everyone saw the dish. They remembered how no day passed without that dish not prepared.

Everyday some will wait to tease the owner of Allo Puri just to see her pout,irritation or the way she ate enjoying it as if it was something special. She disappeared and the happiness of Maheswari vanish.

They tidied the kitchen and themselves before guest arrival. The men arrived downstairs and the sweet smell hit their nose. They sat in the living room as the women set the dinning table with the help of the servants.

Suddenly they were interrupted when a servant announced the arrival of Gododias ,they called Anu and Sujata to welcome them which Anu did while Sujata returned to continue what she was doing.

Ram and Durga took the blessing of elder Gododia followed by the youngsters. Ragini and Swara who were unknown to there husband's arrival there demeanor changed seeing them , their face brighten and Ragini ran to lakshaya clinging to him tightly while he became embarrassed Infront of the elders. Swara held herself for she didn't know sanskar behaviour towards her after what she did.

Though she regretted later and wanted to come seek for his forgiveness but her sister needed her more. Sanskar blank face hurted her but she was determined to repent and earn her forgiveness for only she knew how she has survived the past months without him.

Anu: Sanskar, laksh go to the temple with your wives and take blessing of the goddess,after that apply sindoor on their mang.

Laksh: Ragini can you please stop holding me tight and Ma can't that be done later because am famished.

Hearing laksh ,Ragini was hurt but she conceal it and enjoyed his presence for the past months wasn't easy for her. Sanskar didn't wait for his badi maa response and headed towards the dinning table but on seeing Allo puri their eyes moist remembering their childhood.

They took their seats silently but Parvati told her granddaughters to help there mother -in-laws in serving the family which Ragini did it happily.Maheswari siblings enjoyed their meal teasing each other in between but that was interrupted with Uttu shouting Ragini name.

Adarsh: Uttu why did you shout at Ragini?

Uttara: She was going to serve herself Allo puri

Others looked at the dish and remembered how she never share it with anyone and whenever her siblings stole it from her ,her wails in the mansion will wake up the dead followed by her silent treatment .

Laksh: Ram kaka bring something to cover that dish

Kaka: Ok laksh Baba

Gadodia's didn't understand what was going on even after seeing Maheswari reaction. Pari who had a hint of the reason behind the shout felt bad for the family seeing their changed mood.

The awkwardness in the dinning was driven away by Uttara and Laksh ganging up and teasing their elder siblings. It was a joyous morning leaving Gadodia's shocked for they never came across such side of Maheswari.

The family sat  in the living room mingling after enjoying their meal. Looking at his family Durga knew it was time for his daughter -in-laws to return back.

Durga: Sanskar ,laksh go and put sindoor on your wives again then wait outside for your mother's to welcome you together.

Parvati: Your right Durgaji my ladoo has waited for long for her husband return. It will be good if they remain here before people starts talking

Sanskar: Bade Papa am sorry to say this, I never told her to wipe the sindoor ,remove her Mangalsutra and neither did I chase her from here, she herself did on her own will. Beside is not like she wanted a husband what she needed was a big family and  that she will get by staying here as your daughter please don't expect anything from me.

Durga: But sanskar....

Sujata: Brother-in-law what my son said is true,which wife takes off her mangal sutra and sindoor when her husband is still alive?was she planning to kill my son?beside I don't want a daughter -in-law who will always leave my son's hand when the problem arise,I wanted a supportive partner and I won't allow any of my children to have a marriage life like mine.

Ram: But Sujata...

Sujata: Ramji please remain silent the way you've been doing the past years. Am there mother I gave birth to them this time I won't stand silent on my children suffering,I have lost one and i'l do everything to protect remaining two from everyone even if that's you.

The environment got tense hearing Sujata while the three siblings got worried since their sister hasn't arrived. But their wait was over when they heard a car entering Maheswari compound.

Outside Khushi was anxious not knowing what will be the reaction of everyone but she became emotional seeing the home where she was born and grew in her early years.

Her foot moved on her own memorizing every feature and the change done. She heard commotion and followed the voices but she became angry when she heard Ragini

Ragini: Sanskar please don't talk like that,I know what Swara said was wrong but at that time seeing me broken she did all that. Forgive her and starts afresh for you can't denie she's your wife.

Uttara: Ragini you don't have to think about Sanskar Bhai relationship that much. Swara was the one who forgot she had other relations apart from being a sister and destroyed her marriage for you.

"Hey girl , don't you know talking between the elders is wrong. How can you call your sister-in-laws by their name?children of nowdays"said Parvati who was getting mad with all that was taking place

Sharmitha: Sanskar please forgive Shona's mistake

Khushi was getting dizzy with all the loud voices around her. Her head felt heavy and she was almost fall if not for Pari who saw her immediately she entered ran and held her on time.

Pari: Are you ok?

That was enough to get others attention and the three siblings run towards the two leaving everything in the middle. While the sisters who were seeing the brothers from start not being bothered with the conversation  felt hurt. Ragini who saw the panick in laksh eyes for another girl felt hurt and in her anger she did something which angered the maheswari siblings.

The siblings who were lost in making sure Khushi was ok were astonish when Ragini yank there sister from them pushing her with force. If not for Adarsh who reacted first ,Khushi would have fallen on her belly.

Though Adarsh didn't know why but he felt overprotective towards Khushi. He help a shaken Khushi protectively while Uttara turned around slapping Ragini on her face tightly.

Ragini held her face hissing in pain but none berated Uttara rather the siblings were murderously glaring at her. Sujata who was silent moved towards Adarsh different emotion running in her eyes.

Others looked at her confused while the siblings prepared themselves being aware they won't be spared for hiding this from the family.

2557 words
Target:100 votes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 13.5K 30
Regret was what Arnav was feeling for what he did to her. He wish to correct his mistake and a perfect opportunity presented itself but the question...
222K 14.8K 29
When he thought he knew everyone, he realised he was wrong. Everything he knew was all a facade and it hurts when it comes from the ones you love th...
85.8K 4K 16
A take on what happens when a woman had had enough. This short story starts from when Khushi found out the reason behind her marriage. If you are h...
127K 3.6K 12
Here is a FS on Sheetal track. Peep in to know more.