Survival of the Fittest (Adop...

By FelipeQuadrado

A group of young boys are just about to finish Highschool till things go completely South. A new species appe... More

The Loss
Upper Hand
Reinforcements
Payback
Our Mark
Track-Change
P.O.W.'s
Last Chance
Our Last Stand... Part 1
Our Last Stand... Part 2
" I'm not sure "
Which Track to Take
The Royal
Revelation
Questiona from Writer
Our Mettle
P.O.A. - Plan. Of. Attack.

A Weird Track

997 8 0
By FelipeQuadrado

*3 days time skip*

(Samuel's P.O.V.)
I slowly start to come about...

I feel my whole body hurting, I can barely move a finger...

I tried to open my eyes, and I barely manage to, but I was so tired that I could barely keep them open, I tried to look around and I saw I was in a bed of some sorts, but it was so fluffy that I couldn't get up, I failed and my tiredness got the best of me, and darkness slowly embraced me...

*2 days time skip*

(Cervina's P.O.V.)
I was sitting in my office, thinking about our situation...
It has been about a day since our discovery, the entire base was informed and this information was being processed to be sent to the capital...
But the humans are in recovering, there have been signs that they are making a quick recovery, however, they were malnourished, dehydrated, and their minds were a mess, I can only imagine how they managed to survive this much, and still be able to live after being what it felt like lightning strike them...
My thought were interrupted when Cottan came in...
"Hello love, how are you?"
"Stressed..."
"Is this about the humans?"
"Yes, it is the only thing that I can currently think of..."
"We have been over this, we heal them, care for them until they are strong enough to walk and run, establish a communication line with their superiors, and get peace meetings started and done..."
"You make it sound so easy..."
"Because it is..."
"Stop saying that it is because it is not! They are still children and after they experienced, you have the idea that they are going to trust us?"
"I... I... don't know..."
" *sigh* look, understand that I know what you are trying to accomplish is genuine... However, they have no reason to trust us, not even do anything of the such, I fear that they might choose death... I'm scared Cott, did we attack a race of humans that were not the ones who attacked us?"
"I don't know the answer, but we will..."
"And that is what scares me the most..."
Suddenly there was banging at the door...
"Come in." The door opened for one of my soldiers to arrive...
"What is it private?"
"There are two humans who are awake, however, our physicians are having difficulties putting them to rest..."
"Which one?"
"The one who has a small pad covering his right eye and the one who has the sniper...."
"Samuel..." I muttered as I rushed to the medical wards....

(John's P.O.V.)
Me and Sam managed to wake up, but both of us are messed up pretty bad, I can barely stand without using something to help me stand and Sam has his right arm completely numb at the moment...
The others were still asleep in weird bunk beds, and we tried to wake them up to no avail...
I was holding a weird iv pole looking thing and barely conscious trying to hold on...
Later a wolf and the same fish that interrogated me came in the room, Sam was ready to charge, and I was struggling to keep up with him...
The wolf slowly approached us, I tried to stand to hold the iv pole as I weapon, but my right leg gave out and I just fell against the wall...
Sam backed up to try and protect me but he tripped on my sleeping foot...
"John! Estoy trabajando aquí dios santo " Sam shouted at me as he was now with both arms hurting...
"I don't have control over my lower half Sam!" I shouted back as the shark approached and grabbed me and squeezed my shoulder so hard till I suddenly lost consciousness...

(Adelina's P.O.V.)
I managed to sub-due the one who was the sharpshooter, and Cervina was struggling with the one who had one eye...
He was trying to get her away from him, but Cervina squeezed part of his neck and he immetialy stopped and just went limp...
She caught him before he fell on the ground and picked him up before putting him back on his bed to rest...
The physicians started to examine him as they took the piece of metal from his hands...
"I don't understand these humans, they continue to fight even though their condition..."
"It is in their nature Cervy, they just don't know when to give up, honestly they just sicken me at this point..."
"Adelina, you know that they have no involvement with us, they are innocent..."
"Only in accordance to the events of our history, here they are not innocent, they have killed almost half of my force alone, with the Royal Forward Guard along with it..."
"They are just doing what any soldier would do if someone came barging in their home and killing everyone they knew... Can you say that you would have acted differently even if they were doing what we were?"
" ... "
"Now you understand... Come, we need to let the physicians do their work..." she said as she started to leave...
I grabbed the human I subdued and held him close to me and felt his heartbeat...
His heart was still beating with strength, it is honestly surprising how strong it is still beating after everything...
Maybe I did miss-judge these humans...

*Hours skip to night time...*

(Khan's P.O.V.)
I started to feel my body...
I woke up not too long ago but my body hurt like inferno...
Especially my stomach...
It was dark and I could barely see anything, so I slowly got out of the bed I was in and stopping since the pain in my stomach was actually bothering me...
I started to think, but nothing made any sense...
'Why am I in a bed? Why are my wounds bandaged? Why am I not in a cell?' i asked these questions in my head...
I got up with a bit of struggle and started to walk but my foot tripped on something and I started to fall till something soft and fluffy caught me, I started to feel what I was being held by, and when I felt something grab my arms and I looked up and saw a pair bright blue eyes pierce the darkness, and now I remembered were I saw them, it was that Snow Leopard that interrogated me...
"You shouldn't be out of bed..." she said plainly...
"Like you care you hair ball..." I said as I tried to move more, but she only held me tighter and making me wince from pain...
She only let out a annoyed sigh before forcefully guiding me back to the bed where I was at, and I knew I couldn't match her strength or speed...
"Rest, you need it."
"Why are you even helping me? A few hours ago you were torturing me for info..."
"Few hours? How long do you think you were out?"
"3-4 hours, jo no sabe..."
"It has been 5 days..."
"5... days..."
"Yes, now sleep. Or I'll make you..." she said as she got up and started to leave...
" *chuckles* "
"What's so funny?" She asked slightly annoyed as she stopped in her tracks...
"That you and me are not THAT different... We're blunt and honest right out the window and that act like the world may be against us, but not really..."
"You are making no sense human..."
"Well then, welcome to Earth, where nothing makes sense... by the way... name's Khan Mikote, Blazing Angels Assault troop..."
" ... General Darvis, Terrain Adapter..."
"Nice to meet... you... General..." I managed to muster before I fell asleep...

(Lynetta's P.O.V.)
I watched as the human Khan, finally went to sleep as I started to leave the room...
It is hard to be honest, it is confusing how to understand how he is even thinking...
I arrived at the room that I shared with the rest of the generals...
"Already back? Let me guess, watching them made you tired?" Adelina said jokingly, which annoyed me...
"No, one of the humans woke up..." I replied...
"Please don't tell me..." Cervina said as she was getting worried...
"He is un-harmed and asleep, I just don't understand them..."
"Who woke up?"
"The one called Khan Mikote... He tried to get up and I put him back in bed, and then he started talking... Saying his name, his position in their squadron, and saying how me and him have much in common..."
"Looks like he was happy to see you..." Ahren mentioned...
"Or the fact that I put some sleeping antidote on him before he realized anything..." I replied...
"And the mood just got killed..." He commented back...
"You know that is just how she is..." Cervina mentioned....
"Yeah, I know, but what do we do now?" Ahren asked...
"We wait... The physicians said that they all should be better by tomorrow morning..." Cervina commented as she leaned back on her chair...
"Then we could finally start getting answers..." I heard a voice behind me...
I looked back to see Chloe walking in still in her full attire...
"Is your uniform fused to your skin? Or do you just live in it?" Adelina asked as she seemed surprised...
"Very strange question..." Chloe replied...
"Very strange to see you in the same mood at night with you still wearing your uniform like nothing happened..." Adelina said as she was getting bored by this...
"Is called being well dressed, while everyone seemly forgets that now..."
"And what we do is called 'being comfortable...'"
"You can have your comfort when we finally get the peace talks underway... Speaking of it, has the Empress been informed?"
"Cervy is going to be informing herself to the Empress..."
"When?"
"Right now" Cervina said as she started to leave...
"Try not to get distracted by her beauty..." Adelina joked wth her before she left for the hall...
"Ha-Ha-Ha very funny Adeli..." Cervina said as the door closed behind her...

*time skip to morning*

(Cervina's P.O.V.)
"Is that all the information you have Cervina?"
"Yes, I will have more soon, me and the others will be getting ready for possible peace meetings..."
"I see... I wish you luck Cervina, be careful, these humans may not be the ones that attacked us, however, that does not mean that you should let your guard down..."
"I know, I will..." I said as the communication finished...
" *sigh* this is never easy..." I said as I heard a knock at the door and I saw one of my privates standing there...
"Yes private?"
"Ma'am... it's the humans, all of them are awake, however...
"However?"
"They are resilient to be given any aid and a speaking in another language..."
"Oh Hera's sake... I will attend to them, tell the other generals."
"At once ma'am!" The private said before he left running...
I sighed in stress that now I was dealing with these children...
I started to leave my room and started to make my way to where the six of them were being held...
I made a turn and I started to hear something...
"You won't survive for long No-Furs, I'll kill you six myself!"
"Go ahead and try, lagarto gordo!"
"What in the Empress' name is going on here!?"
I looked to see on of ours restrained on one side, while the humans stayed together on the other...
"These humans! They should be dead General! We should not even question this! THIS-"
"Enough Sergeant Culmin! You have seen the information about our discoveries, that is more than enough reason not kill them! Take him away!" I yelled as a few guards dragged him away...

(Samuel's P.O.V.)
I watched as the _____ was dragged away as the wolf general defended us, we were currently half in our uniform, we had our shin pads but our blades were gone...
I was thinking of a way to break out, but we had the inhibitor collars on our necks again...
Like this we couldn't run even if we wanted to...
Later I saw the Wolf general approach me along with a Shark General...
"What do you want?" I asked in a annoyed tone...
"I want you to follow me..." The wolf general said as she slowly stopped approaching us...
"Why?"
"There's something you may want to see, but that is all dependent on your decision to follow me..."
I started to look for any signs of a trap, but all I saw was the wolf's ears fall behind her head...
With that I gave up...
"I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but not without one of them with me..."
"Who would that be?"
"John? You up for it?"
"Sure..."
"Hey why not me?" Lucas said because he wanted to go for all I know...
"Because you would just get bored easily, Phillip has his head in the clouds, Nick has his head off in space, and Khan is not in the mood..." I said trying to appease Lucas swiftly because I knew he would try to persist if I just gave a vague answer...
Me and John started to walk out of the room, and followed the generals, we came to a small room and we both entered after the generals, and the lights were off, this had the setting for a trap...
Me and John locked arms being back to back, and once a dim light glowed from the ground we saw the generals opposite to where we were from the light...
"What is this?" I asked me and John let go of each other...
"This is a device that allows us to scan for life in a world, this is still experimental and-"
"Hold on, if this is experimental, shouldn't it have more security?"
"No, because of this..." she said as a red sphere appeared infront of us...
The sphere slowly got images that seemed like countries, and then it finally adjusted to be a Earth model, showing continents too, I can only assume it shows streets too...
"The coloured spots are where there is life, and dependent on the life you are tracking it will show all it can..." she said as she adjusted to make the globe go in a slow spin...
This was so strange I had no words...
"However, as you can see, right where we are is difficult to ultimately determine, you can interact with it..." she mentioned as we were right above the region of The Caribbean and it was glitching where it was right on top of Palm Coast, like something was interfering with the signal...
If this shows life around the world then...
"John... should we?"
"Yeah..." I said as I started to use the machine...

(No one's P.O.V.)
Sam went away from The Caribbean and started to search other countries...
He went from The Caribbean to the US to a specific address in Nevada, after he found nothing he started to become desperate, he quickly back up in the world map and headed to Spain, and searched hurriedly...
Once again nothing....
He started to become more desperate and search other countries such as Egypt, England, Canada and Italy...
He as soon as Italy wasn't on the map any more he just slowly moved back to Palm Coast...
He saw a few dots, but they all kept switching from their location.

"This is it?" He said as he looked at the ground, as the ears of General Estemada fell behind her head...
"Unfortunately... it is..." she responded as the lights to the room turned on...
John I was shaking at almost noticeable, as he busted out of the room running...
General Porez went to follow him as now the room only were Samuel and General Estemada...
Samuel started to breath more heavily and more frequently his hands started to clench his fists and his face was twisting to one of anger...
"Samuel, I am so sorry in the name of my race..." she said as she kneels to his eye level and closes her eyes...
She was about to say something else before she hears the sound of a gun cocking, she opens her eyes to see Samuel holding her at gun-point with his pistol, they forgot to remove their strap weapons from their uniform...
Samuel held a face of pure hatred, she could practically see his eyes turn blood red from where she stood...
"Do you have any idea what I have been through? WHAT... ALL OF MY BROTHERS AND SISTER IN THIS COUNTRY HAD TO GO THROUGH!? HOW WE HAVE TO REDUCE OURSELVES TO BECOME FUCKING RATS TO SURVIVE!?"
"Samuel, I'm-"
"DON'T YOU SAY FUCKING SORRY CHUCA! ... Sorry, does nothing... Sorry, doesn't fix the broken buildings, DOES IT!? Sorry doesn't bring my planet to normal! SORRY DOESN'T FUCKING BRING MY PARENTS BACK! THEY NEVER DESERVED THIS!!"
"I know Samuel, and I know speaking about it does little to nothing close to fix it..."
"BECAUSE IT DOESN'T!"
She saw how he was behaving she saw nothing but rage in the young boy, she knew nothing on how to act in this sort of situation, she had all the proof she needed to prove they weren't humans from the race that attacked them...
"I don't know what else to say Samuel, I am sorry, truly I am, and if it brings you peace, pull that trigger, kill me... I won't resist, and I won't hold a grudge..."
Samuel was shocked by this but composed himself and was with his finger at the trigger, wanting to pull it, but he started to shake, his gun visibly shook as he kept trying to compose himself to pull the trigger...

(Cottan's P.O.V.)
"Are you sure this it is accurate?" I asked on of my privates...
"Yes sir, the humans are at complete disarray... After the one called John said something to them, they all divided and went into their cells..."
"Why?"
"Not sure sir, but I think it may something to do with General Estemada taking the humans Johnathan and Samuel to the map room..."
"The map room, wait, if Adelina is trying to find Jonathan, then-"
Suddenly I heard gunshots in the hall, I saw it was the mapping room and I almost felt my soul leave my body...
I rushed to the room and opened the door open with all the might I had and saw the human Samuel holding his pistol with the barrel smoking with Cervina's body on the ground kneeling...
"CERVINA! SPEAK TO ME!"
"It's alright love, I'm alright..."
I only heard clicks infront of me only to see Samuel still holding his pistol pressing the trigger, and by the looks of it, he had no more ammo left, but what made me confused was the fact that he was crying, but his face didn't show it..
He fell to his knees holding the pistol looking down, his breath was shaky as tears flowed out of his eyes non-stop, he place his right hand at his eye as he continued to try and hold his tears...
I later felt Cervina move as she went towards Samuel, she slowly took his pistol away as she gently set it aside and brought him in for a hug, I was breathless...
Samuel seemed to try to hold on those tears for dear life, as his composure went from a soldier to a hurt child...
"Shhhhhhhh... It's alright Samuel, everything will be fine..." Cervina said as she tried to calm down the boy...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 9.2K 38
You're a fan of the movies. You're a fan of horror. Deciding on getting the replica of Chucky from the well known sequels, you get the best version o...
100K 2.9K 38
Jared is a successful Alpha that is also the town's police chief. He not only keeps his pack safe but he also likes to protect the humans in his terr...
38 6 8
"Go die!!" Grace said with a broken expression."How can I die My lovely flower" He cupped and creased her cheeks "If I die I'll go to hell or who kno...
39K 563 11
***THIS STORY IS NOT COMPLETE. I AM TAKING A MENTAL HEALTH BREAK*** "War... War never changes." The world has seen many technological advances since...