Rebirth of Poisoned Empress...

By alyun100719445

Shen Liang was beautiful and cold like jade, but he was also extremely cruel to his enemy. Pei Yuanxian who k... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Untitled Part 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128

Chapter 94

1.7K 58 5
By alyun100719445

It wasn't until nightfall when Shen Liang was escorted back to Zhonglin Courtyard by Yaoguang and Lei Zhen. A dignified main son of the Marquis Donglin Manor hadn't been home for an entire day and night and no one knew nor asked. It was quite ironic, but Shen Liang didn't care. The rain continued to persist and by the next day, news of the Duke of Qingping's grave injuries spread in court. It was said the Duke of Qingping Palace was besieged and surrounded. Even the emperor himself planned to visit the duke personally.

"Master, the emperor's entourage has left the palace. With him are the three elders, grand master, and the ministers of the five departments." 

In Zhonglin Courtyard, Shen Liang was browsing through medical scriptures he had deliberately had Lei Zhen bring back from the collection the Nether Guards had. When he heard the report, he froze before giving a mocking smile, "A suspicious nature and character is bound to dig a grave for him. Just let him go have a look for himself. The Ironclad Guards should have received the news as well. They will make the necessary preparations."

Shen Liang was not worried. If Pei Yuanxian was a fool, how could he have stayed alive thus far?

"Wangfei, why don't I return to take a look as well?" Yaoguang drew close with interest. There was some concern and worry in the depths of his gaze as well.

Shen Liang raised his head to look at him: "Very well. Make sure to cover up your appearance."

"Wangfei, just rest assured. Besides Tianshu, the rest of the Ironclad Guards all wear masks when carrying missions outside. No one knows our true appearance."

"Good. Leave early and return early," Shen Liang nodded his head before burying his head back into the scriptures. The Nether Guards had a large collection of medical books, some of which were the only copies left in the world. There should be some clues or notes on the Blood Canyang in there somewhere. As long as Pei Yuanxian's Blood Canyang isn't cured, their every move would be like acting with one hand tied behind their backs. 

"Hey, you. I'll be back soon. Look after the Wangfei well. Understand?" Before leaving, Yaoguang still couldn't rest assured and called out to Lei Zhen. 

The latter raised his gaze to look at him with indifference. He then retracted his gaze without giving a response. Yaoguang was immediately infuriated and made the motion to rush forward and argue with him. 

When Qi Yue saw this, he immediately pulled Yaoguang back: "Alright now. Although Liangliang looks like that, he must also be filled with worry. Hurry along now and if anything happens, make sure to come back and tell us."

"En," Yaoguang could only retract his fangs and give up. But before he flew out the window, he didn't forget to make a face at Lei Zhen, earning the laughter of everyone in the room.

"How is the situation with the second and third family?" After being amused by Yaoguang, Shen Liang couldn't settle his mind on the medical books anymore and simply asked Qi Xuan to bring his little nephew over. Meanwhile, he inquired about the manor's situation. Some time ago, he had the Nether Guards spread the news of Liu Shuhan's jealousy and psychotic actions of throwing her items around in her room to Shen Ruiting. The eldest Auntie, Sun Jing, was also a sly and clever woman who took full advantage of the situation. She was immediately aggrieved to cried to Shen Ruiting about divorce, which immediately instigated Shen Ruiting's dissatisfaction. Adding on the there were too many trivial matters in the back courtyard to handle and he couldn't afford to leave the position of the head of the back courtyard empty, he directly had the authority transferred into Sun Jing's hands. In addition, he called on everyone and publicly announced that Sun Jing would be in charge of the back courtyard, at least temporarily.

There was no need to mention how angry and fierce Liu Shuhan, the second family, and the third family were when they heard about this. The old madame even directly fainted from anger. Although of course, it was nothing more than an act, but Shen Ruiting appeared to have steeled his heart this time. He refused to take back his decision. In the end, utilizing the excuse of being preoccupied with work, he left and had been staying at the court offices every day since. Sun Jing was a crafty woman and made an alliance with Shen Ruiting's other concubines to make it difficult for Liu Shuhan and her people. Adding on Shen Liang's silent contribution and occasional support, Sun Jing was barely able to maintain a level playing field and balance with Liu Shuhan's forces. 

"It is still as chaotic as ever. But I heard that they have invited and called over many physicians recently, many of whom are some of Imperial City's more famous and well-known physicians. I'm not sure what they're playing at this time," Lei Zhen had always lacked interest in back courtyard affairs so the person who answered Shen Liang was Qi Yue. Now that Sun Jing was their person, it proved much easier to garner news of courtyard affairs.

"It's been twenty some days. It's about time for it to start taking effect," compared to Qi Yue's confusion, Shen Liang took the news very naturally. 

Qi Xuan and Fu Ying who had just carried Shen You in the room heard him and asked with a smile: "What should star taking effect? What are you guys talking about?"

"Ah. Ah..." Shen You, who had been raised to be white and plump, started to call out with excitement the moment he saw Shen Liang. 

Shen Liang couldn't help the smile on his face as he reached out to take Shen You: "It's still Uncle's Shen You who is the best. No matter when and where, Shen You still loves to cling to Uncle the most."

"Isn't that the truth. When you weren't here yesterday, he was still adamant about being carried here into your room. When he saw that you were nowhere to be seen and you couldn't be found anywhere, he cried for quite some time." Fu Ying said as he sat down. 

Qi Yue echoed after Fu Ying, "It's a good thing the little Master likes to cling to Uncle. In the future, there's no doubt that he would love Uncle and dote on him the most."

"Haha. That, I do like to hear," Shen Liang's smile became even more cheerful. He lowered his head and planted a kiss on little Shen You's white and tender cheeks, "Not only do you have to love Uncle, but you must remember to be filial to Father and Daddy in the future as well. In the future, our Shen You will undoubtedly grow up to be a very handsome and lively young boy in the future."

When Shen You said that, the smile on his face slightly faded. He recalled the silent and solemn young boy who stood beside Huo Yelin in his dream. Was it because Ge Ge died early that he became so mature at such a young age?

"What is it?" subtly sensing his abnormality, Qi Yue and the others inquired with concern.

Shen Liang shook his head: "It's nothing. Weren't you curious on why they would invite so many physicians over? It's simple. I added something to the water in their wells."

Shen Liang had no way of sharing his dream and could only change the subject.

"What? How come we didn't know about this?" hearing him, the three people immediately drew near with intrigue. The old madame, second and third family giving Shen Liang the Juezi drug was still fresh in their minds.

"It's nothing. Simply something to make women more beautiful and men more attractive."

There was absolutely no qualms about women becoming more beautiful, but it would prove difficult to say the same about men. 

"Huh? What kind of drug could that be considered as?" Qi Xuan was the first to express his displeasure. he had been anticipating what kind of drug Shen Liang would give them and hoped it would be something that could see some bloodshed. 

"Liangliang, can you speak more clearly?" Qi Yue's brows also furrowed. However, he was more cautious than Qi Xuan because he was clear that Shen Liang was definitely not someone to repay grudges with benevolence.

Fu Ying didn't ask, but from his expression, it was evident that he shared the same opinion as Qi Yue and Qi Xuan.

"If put too clearly, there won't be any surprises left. No matter what, all of you will be able to see for yourself soon enough. Believe me. It's quite fun," Shen Liang clearly knew how curious they were but still deliberately led them on. With his calculations, those men from the second and third family should be losing their beards now? Their breasts should also be developing now. The real fun starts when their breasts will begin to protrude. 

Duke of Qingping Manor.

Pei Yuanxian had Tianshu spread the news of his grave condition before Shen Liang left the night before. Before morning court, the news had already been widespread and made known to practically everyone. During court, the emperor expressed his concern and wore a facade of worry. The moment court was adjourned, he braved the rain and immediately led several important ministers over to the Duke of Qingping Palace to give his condolences and comfort the duke. Despite the heavy rain, the ceremonial entourage was still as grand as ever, bright, flamboyant, and painted quite a sight to behold. 

"Master, the emperor's entourage has already left the second gates of the Imperial Palace and is heading for our manor."

In the majestic room, Pei Yuanxian was leaning against the bedrest in a tunic. His features were paler than ever and even his lips were bloodless. He truly looked like someone on the brink of death.

"Is the medicine prepared?" Pei Yuanxian's slightly narrowed eyes opened. Compared to his ugly complexion, his eyes revealed a brilliance that was deep, bright, and energetic.

"Here it is. Here it is," before Tianshu had the chance to respond, Old Lin rushed in with a tray blusteringly, "My lord, drink it while it's still hot. Hurry up and as soon as you're done, play dead. As for the rest, just leave it to this old man."

"...."

Play dead? Does he know how to talk or not?

Tianshu and the others felt their foreheads darken. Pei Yuanxian also felt speechless to an extreme. The former number one state scholar, he couldn't even euphemize his own words a bit?

"What are you standing there like a fool for? Hurry on now!" Old Lin watched as Pei Yuanxian didn't respond for quite a while and ushered impatiently. That bowl of medicine wasn't anything to help heal Pei Yuanxian's wounds, but rather, a prescription Shen Liang purposefully left behind before he left. The prescription would allow his pulse to display qi deficiency and on the brink of death for a short period of time. The old emperor was not a fool and would naturally come to check on the authenticity of the news for himself. He would definitely bring his own physicians. Pei Yuanxian's complexion could be disguised, but his pulse would reveal everything. Fortunately, the poison scriptures revealed such a prescription that could temporarily deceive physicians. With this one bowl, if Shen Liang didn't know any better, even he wouldn't be able to discern the truth, much less those Imperial Physicians. 

"It stinks to death. Are you sure you didn't add any other ingredients?" the moment Pei Yuanxian raised the bowl, an indescribable stench permeated his nose. He pinched his nose on reflex. After all, Pei Yuanxian could be considered someone who grew up soaked in a medicine jar, but even he had never smelled something so stringent. It was truly an unfathomable stench. 

"This old man wouldn't dare to add anything. As for whether the Wangfei added anything in particular, this old man can't guarantee."

"..." when he heard that, the corners of Pei Yuanxian's mouth twitched. He was almost certain that Shen Liang did this on purpose and as he thought of that possibility, he couldn't help but find it humorous. What a little temper he had. In the future, he'd have to think twice and be wary of offending the little one again. Otherwise, wouldn't he be banned to sleep in the study for at least three days and three nights?

"Master, you should drink it now," Tianshu, who had similarly deducted that this must have been planned by their Wangfei deliberately didn't move as he ushered as well with the corners of his lips fighting a twitch as well. Perhaps the Wangfei was the only person in this world who would dare to abuse and toy with their duke like this.

"Why don't you have a go?" Pei Yuanxian's glare could not be considered good-tempered at all. He then lowered his head to look at the pitch-black liquid. With his heart determined, he then held his breath and tilted his head back to down the bowl of foul-smelling liquid in one gulp.

"Ugh..." the empty bowl fell on the quilt. Pei Yuanxian covered his mouth as he felt his stomach churn. Tianshu, who had been prepared the entire time pushed aside Old Lin who watched with a gloating and amused expression and brought forth a cup of tea. 

Pei Yuanxian hand trembled, "Give me another bowl."

After successively downing five bowls, the churning feeling in his stomach finally subsided. Pei Yuanxian lied back on the bed, gasping for breath and appeared as though he was about to die. The smell truly was ineffably disgusting. 

His Wangfei truly was too ruthless and cruel!

Be it Old Lin, Tianshu, or the others, they were all people who had followed him since childhood, but which of them had ever seen him like this. They've silently decided in their hearts that in the future, no matter who they had to offend, they couldn't offend the Wangfei. It was simply too frightening.

"Old Zhou, come over and take my pulse," No one knew how much time passed before Pei Yuanxian finally collected his breath. The manor Physician Zhou who had been waiting on the side stepped forward and complied. 

Shortly afterwards, he revealed a stunned expression as he relayed, "The Wangfei's medical skills are truly too astonishing. Just a later ago, the duke's pulse was completely fine except for some signs of blood loss and insufficiency. But now, it feels as though the duke is suffering from not only excessive blood loss but also qi insufficiency. His vessels are dying."

"Master, the emperor's entourage has entered the Eastern Region. He should be arriving in about a quarter of an hour." Tianxuan materialized to the side as he reported. The smiles of those who were in the room immediately faded instantly. 

Pei Yuanxian slipped down and lied down flat: "Proceed according to the plan. If anyone dares to be this lord's loose chain, he can spend the rest of his latter life in Huanxi Tower."

"Yes."

Even if Pei Yuanxian didn't say that, they were all clear on the solemness and importance of this matter. In order to marry the Wangfei into the manor as soon as possible, the Duke of Qingping Palace must now get lively. All of them were prepared to give it their all.

"Old Zhou, stay here and guard the duke. Tianshu, head out to greet the entourage with this old man," Old Lin suddenly assumed an air of solemness and stability. Throughout the entire Palace, if there was anyone who wanted nothing more than Pei Yuanxian to marry, it had to undoubtedly be Old Lin. It's been eighteen years now. Pei Yuanxian finally had someone he saw eye to eye with. Even the old emperor can think twice before preventing this marriage. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

864K 72K 34
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
4.6M 292K 106
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
264K 25.7K 62
Ryan and Aaruhi The story of two innocent hearts and their pious love. The story of one sided love. The story of heartbreak. The story of longing a...
1.5M 135K 46
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...