The Fire Between Us {Neteyam...

נכתב על ידי sayam5678

You are the daughter of the Chief of the Ash People who reside in the volcanoes. As you struggle with a troub... עוד

The Fire Between Us
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
33.
34.
35.
The End.

21.

1.8K 67 44
נכתב על ידי sayam5678

Neteyam and I rush to the Chief's pod along with all the other Na'vi who have heard the news. We are passing by but there are too many of them gathered around the outside of the pod, so we squeeze our way through the crowd. As I pass by, the Metkayina people give me angered looks and one of them shouts "go back to where you came from killer!" Neteyam rushes forward to them angrily but I touch his shoulder to stop him.

"I don't want to cause a commotion. Come on."

He glares at the one who spoke and walks beside me until we are directly in front of the pod. Beside us is the Sully family with Tehiti, Ao'nung and Tsireya. I look over at Neytiri and Lo'ak who seem to be studying me thoroughly and I shift uncomfortably under their gaze.

I look back to see Ronal emerging out of the pod, Tonowari by her side looking healthy. The whole clan let's out a sigh of relief, knowing their chief is alright. They all say "thank you eywa."

Tonowari then raises his hands and silence spreads around the group.

"My People. I have recovered from my injury. Don't worry my people I am stronger than ever." All the Metkayina People cheer in relief and happiness.

"Regarding the situation, details will be given later so wait patiently. Thank you." All the Metkayina behind us begin to leave and Tonowari says "(Y/n), Tehiti stay."

We both follow him inside the pod, confusion spinning in my mind. Didn't I save him? Why is he being so strict to us then? And why are all the Na'vi giving us looks when I saved their chief? I'm so confused.

Tehiti and I inside the pod stand in front of Tonowari and Ronal. We both make sure we stand like father taught us, confident and firm. Untouchable by even a speck of emotion. Tonowari speaks first.

"(Y/n), you went against your people to save Na'vi you have only known for weeks?"

"Dinraal's orders."

"Oh. So he knew about what happened and didn't come himself?"

"He wanted Flames to carry the wrongdoers to the volcanoes, so I had to come because Flames only listens to me. Dinraal was also facing a problem in the Ash Clan and couldn't leave but he sends his apologies."

Tonowari considers my words for a few moments and nods in approval.

"I want to thank you for saving us from there. We were wrong to go."

"You're welcome."

Ronal just stares at me suspiciously. Gaining the trust of some of these Na'vi is getting difficult but at least the Chief will value my warnings from now on.

"(Y/n) and Tehiti. I would like you both to return to the Ash Clan."

What?

"My people you see have become very threatened and afraid of the Ash Clan and need some time to accept what happened. You two not being here will allow me time to calm my people and ensure them that the Ash Clan are good Na'vi. Leave for three days then come back."

How can I refuse? This is for the best I guess. Besides I will be back here soon.

"Alright. We will do as you told." Tehiti and I bow our heads and leave the pod. I lift the cloth and step outside the pod to see the Sully family and the Chief's kids waiting for our arrival.

"What happened?" Ao'nung asks but Tehiti and I walk past these Na'vi and head towards Flames.

"Hey guys wait!" Neteyam yells from behind us and I stop.

"Where are you guys going? Is something wrong?"

"Neteyam. We are leaving the Metkayina Clan" I reply and he goes still, his eyes looking into mine with so much intensity.

"When will I see you again?" Neteyam looks heartbroken.

"We will be back in three days" I state firmly with no emotion but deep down my heart beats with pain for a number of reasons. I want to see him everyday, it hurts to know we will be far from one another and secondly I don't know what my father will do to us.

Neteyam steps closer so our faces are mere inches from each other. I give him a stern look because Tehiti is standing right beside us, observing.

"I will count each second until I see you again. Know that I will be waiting for you." Neteyam reaches for my hand on the side opposite to Tehiti and places something in my palm. He slowly closes my hands to hold the object and lightly trails his fingers down my wrist and back up while heavily looking in my eyes.

"I will come back soon, rest assured" I reply. I step back and walk away from him but he pulls my arm back. I signal Tehiti to go and he smirks while heading off to Flames.

I turn to face Neteyam and he says "open your fist." I do as he says and find myself looking at the most beautifully crafted bracelet with seashells dangling between the beads stuck together.

"I made this for you." He gently lifts my arm and takes the bracelet out of my hand. He then ties it to my wrist.

"It's beautiful."

"You're beautiful."

My eyelashes flutter and my cheeks begin to heat up. Keep it together (Y/n).

I give him a heartwarming smile and I see he has stopped breathing while looking at me. Goodness, he makes me feel special.

"Sister. Let's go" Tehiti calls from behind us and I wave at Neteyam but he remains still, like he is admiring me. Was my smile that nice?

I walk away from him and catch up with Tehiti until we are walking beside one another.

"Sister, what was that?"

"What was what?"

"Mhm...mhm" Tehiti says slowly and I give him an annoyed look.

"Oh shut up. You know i'm not the only one distracted." It takes him time to process what i'm implying and when he gets it, he slaps me on the shoulder. Ah, the things young love does to an individual. For Tehiti. Not me. I think.

We enter the forest and I instantly feel at peace with nature. This place is more breathtaking than the sea. So many hidden secrets just behind each tree, behind each chirping call of the crickets nestled in the lush green grass. The forest is breathtaking, just like him.

"Sister, I'm gonna miss this place. I'm glad Eywa let us see Pandora."

"Tehiti we will come back" I reassure him while squeezing his shoulder. Once we get deeper in the forest I see the silhouette of a big creature. I creep closer to see Flames looking at the both of us. He lets out a small breath of fire, indicating he is ready.

To the volcanoes Flames. That is where we ride.

Will we come back here? I see you are growing attached to a specific Na'vi. I hope I won't be replaced.

I have dreamed of having you for so long. I would never replace you.

Flames lowers his head and Tehiti and I climb on. I grab my long braid and make the bond with my dragon. Tehiti wraps his hands around my stomach and rests his body against my back.

"Tired already, my little spark?"

"You know I love taking naps. Wake me up when we get home."

Flames takes off into the night sky and I collect every bit of scenery, every colour painted in the sky, every glowing element and capture it's sensation in my mind. I now head home and I should be happy, but apart of me is terrified for what I might experience there.

...

Neteyam POV:

"Thank goodness she's gone" mother says and Lo'ak nods his head in agreement.

"What has she ever done to you two? With all due respect your behaviour towards her is childish mother."

"Look at the perfect son being not so perfect!" Lo'ak states.

"Neteyam. When you finally see she is dangerous you will be glad she is gone."

"She's not gone. She's coming back in three days" I reply.

"Even Tehiti right?" Tuk asks hopefully and I nod. Her eyes then sparkle with happiness.

"Our job as a family is to help Tonowari with whatever he needs do you understand children?" Father looks at us all waiting for a response but we are all too busy thinking while resting in our pod.

"I said do you understand?" He says strictly. We nod and say "yes sir."

"Good. We will eat dinner with Tonowari. He has questions to ask about the event. He wants our perspectives on the incident. Let's go."

...

"Welcome Sully's. Please come sit."

We all take our seats, Lo'ak obviously sitting beside Tsireya and I'm beside Ao'nung. My father and Tonowari begin speaking and we all listen.

"Tonowari. How are you feeling?"

"Doing better than before old friend. I invited you all here to talk about the events. As your chief, it was irresponsible of me to bring you there."

"We're with you. If you go, we'll follow. We at least owe you that much for giving us uturu."

"Thank you. Now tell me, how many Ash People were present?"

"More just kept coming but initially we spotted six."

"So either they travel with backup or they knew we were going to be there." Tonowari rubs his chin in thought and I can sense my mother and Lo'ak want to say something.

"Chief if I may." Lo'ak raises his hand and the chief nods at him.

"My mother and I believe (Y/n)'s intentions are wrong."

Tonowari looks confused and asks "why? She saved us from there."

Before I can here any wrong justification I say "I trusted (Y/n) with my life at that battle. This necklace i'm wearing is hers and radiates heat in order to keep me safe. During the battle an arrow was about to pierce my heart but this necklace saved me. (Y/n) saved me. She is not a traitor."

They all look in my direction surprisingly. Probably because I don't talk much at these gatherings but I don't care. I will defend (Y/n) at all costs.

"Alright. I trust Neteyam. If he says she's trustworthy than she is. Now let's eat!" Tonowari smiles and we all eat our food, my parents and Lo'ak however giving me looks that I ignore.

I miss her.
I miss staring into her mesmerizing eyes
Her exhilarating presence
Her undeniable beauty that leaves me in awe
I have all the company I need, yet only she is the company I want.

...

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

148K 3.4K 15
"𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬." Y/N had always been a special Na'vi. Born of the Metkayina clan and the chief's daughter (along with Tsireya...
8.3K 277 23
2154. My birthyear. My biological parents were ordinary soldiers stationed on Pandora, who had to leave one year later due to loosing to my father. T...
720K 22.1K 22
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ❥ The forest will forever be your home. No matter where your family moves you'll always be pulled back to the Omatikaya clan, your people. Th...
218K 6.3K 17
"you give me strength" In which, Neteyam falls in love with the eldest daughter of the Metkayina clans chief. But does she want him back? "you make...