Life With The Parkers

נכתב על ידי ItzSoniaPearl

Charlotte Hayes an average teenage girl living a normal life in Seattle had her life dictated for her, when s... עוד

Chapter 1 & The characters
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94

Chapter 35

3 1 1
נכתב על ידי ItzSoniaPearl

Austin's voice booms through the place immediately I got out of the elevator. “I've had it with you all, I'm leaving and don't hope to see me back here” he stated and just when I walked in, he was grabbing his jacket and leaving.

Oh not this motherfucker too!

“Austin!” I called out, hurrying after him and running past the parents.

He ignored me and jogged down the stairs to his car parked few distance away. “Austin!” I pulled him back.

“What?” he shot right back at me and I stumbled back. “Where are you going? You can't leave”

“Why does that bother you?” he pulled the door to his car open. “What if he gets back?”

“He won't, he would never. I know him, Charlotte. You don't” he raked his hair. “I know he's reckless and would pull shits like this once in a while, that's why...we are here, to get him back” he shook his head and mumbled to himself.

“...more like I'm here”

“I wanna help too” he scoffed. “You don't” he got into the car and slammed the door close, I stood there and watched him drive out.

I felt... useless for the first time in a long time. I felt ...at fault. I squatted down at that spot and pulled my hair. This sucks.

Am I gonna sulk about it like a bitch or do something?

I did owe him an apology.

I hurried back into the house, hurried past the parents again and went to the balcony. Where Jayson was? “Hey” he turned to me.

“What's up?”

“I need your keys” he shot me a look, slowly getting it out his pocket. “Why?”

“To drive, silly”

“You have a license?”

“I'm 17, dude” I don't but I had to transport myself somewhere, one way or the other. I took it from him and hurried down the stairs before he alter another word.

“Charlotte” Emma got up, wanting to stop me but I cornered her. “I'll be back early” I ran outside and pressed the button in the key.

The black Ferrari beeped. Nice.

I knew how to drive, I think. My dad have let me backed the car up in the driveway here and there and I've drove a little in Bianca's.

I can do this, Jayson's car may be wrecked but I'll be fine.

Sunday, I didn't think my Sunday would go this way.

★★★

“Bianca! Bianca!” I yelled, getting into the house. “She's upstairs, mi lady” I turned to see the butler.

Do creeps live here?

“Thank you” I hurried up the stairs and barged into Bianca's room, she turned around with her phone over her ear. “Of course, Chadwick...” she then giggled.

I paced around impatient. She noticed and ended the call quicker than she anticipated. “Hey, you finally got out-”

“We need to find Carson” I cut her off and her eyes shot open. “Come on, Bianca” I walked back out and she followed, we walked down the stairs.

“Wait, does this mean you're doing the right thing?”

“Yup!” she squealed jumping in front of me. “He've been out for way too long, everyone's getting worried, well except his parents. But Austin left, threatening never to return”

“Trust me that dude won't survive two days out, he'll be back” she said. “He's not my problem, we gotta find Carson like-” The ringing of the door bell echoed through the house.

Bianca sighed. “One of you monsters should get the door” she yelled and the littlest ran and pulled it open. “What's your plan?” she returned to me.

“I don't know, maybe we could track-”

“There's some nerd at the door!” June yelled and we both turned to see Luana, you know the girl from the club.

“Oh Charlotte, you're here too” she walked to us, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose with a bag over her shoulder.

“Oh shit, I forgot we had a project together” Bianca cursed and I waved at her. I didn't have time for this.

“I don't know how we are gonna track him down or shits” I raked my hair in frustration, returning back to the conversation. “We need someone smart... like Chadwick, by the way, he called me and-”

“Bianca!” I yelled.

“Oh sorry-”

“Are you trying to track someone?” we both slowly turned to Luana who was listening in on our conversation. “Yes...” I answered unsurely.

“I could help” I and Bianca exchanged looks. “Oh my gosh! Seriously?"

“Yeah, but I gotta know the reason first” she said. “Oh reason” Bianca added.

“We run this...uhh...”

“...charity organization where we find lost people and help them locate their families” Bianca lied and my eyes shot to her.

“Oh my gosh! That's so nice”

“Yes, Bianca. So nice” I got over it. “But you gotta...keep it a secret ... for now. We don't wanna go social yet” she nodded obsessively with a big smile on her lips.

“What's it called?” she asked. “What?” I and Bianca asked in unison.

“The organization, what's it called?”

“Uhh...”

“Salvation of the lost” I made up. “I love it!” she squealed. “So, can you help us?” Bianca asked. “Yes sure, I'll set up my laptop, I just need all possible information about this person” she headed to the living room.

“I'll call Cole” I pulled out my phone.

★★★

An hour later

I sighed, pushing myself from the couch. “Okay, I give up. You've done your best -”

“I found it!” She yelled. “What?” we ran to her side immediately. “Yes, his car... it's at the old rail way”

“You know that?" I asked Bianca. “Yeah, really close to Harley's favorite pastry shop” she said.

“The bakery. Oh my gosh! Thanks a lot, Luana. I never lost hope in you” I tapped her.

“ Weren't you just-"

“Shut up” I cut off Bianca. “So...”Luana swerved in her seat, turning back to us. “...can I join the organization? It was so much fun working with you guys” it was?

I and Bianca exchanged looks. “Can I?” she asked again with a smile on her lips.

“Uhh...you know what, Luana?” I grabbed my phone from the table, moving to the door. “I'll let you talk to the brain behind this organization. Bianca!”

“What?!”

“Oh my gosh!” she turned to her with hopeful eyes. “Yeah, have fun. I gotta go” with that I ran out.

Not taking Jayson's car.

30 minutes later

I alighted the taxi, paying for the ride. I took in my surrounding, my eyes shot to Carson's car parked by the side, I ran to it immediately.

This place had dead leaves covering everything, including the tracks and some on his car. It's been here for while, I peeped into it, his jacket was in.

He shouldn't be far off.

I got out my phone and called, still looking around, the train track still went further to a distance. There was barely any one here.

I heard that familiar iPhone ringtone and began moving forward to see lights twitching from under the leaves.

I moved them away and there's was Carson's phone. Screen broken, battery almost dead.

A bazillion missed calls from the guys. He wasn't too far off, the Carson I knew had his phone around... always.

I looked up and right before me was another path, leading into God knows where. The phone laid right in front of it.

How didn't I see it? It was camouflaged into the trees, I looked around again. I had to take this chance, I had to go in.

My last chance...to know if he was lost, dead or...gone. I know, they're all the same thing.

I sucked in a breath and walked in , it was kinda cold so I hugged myself.

Curse me for being in a strapless white top and black baggy Jean. My black combat boots clanging on wood, I looked down, I was on a wooden bridge, there was water all around, walking in further, I paused.

There he was ...

That aside, take in the fucking view! It was beautiful, the lake was... enchanting. With flowers and trees growing out of it, he sat at the edge, not glancing back.

I let out an inward sigh, you wouldn't know how relieved I was finding him...in one piece.

I walked to the edge and got down, sitting beside him. Legs dangling few distance from the lake below.

I said nothing, glancing at him. His eyes were dead set on the water, hair scattered over his face. I looked down at the lake to see burnt out cigarettes floating on it.

The silence was... soothing. He had said nothing, neither acted surprised of my presence. I picked a pebble beside and dropped it in.

It made that 'ping' sound, making me smile. I dropped another and then another until a large rock was thrown in.

Water splashing on me, curtsey of Carson. “Why did you do that?” I yelped. No reply.

I sighed and turned to the water again, it had gotten dead calm like before. So peaceful.

Nature be lucky.

I had lots of questions to ask but I knew he wasn't in the mood to answer shits. “Uhh...I found your phone” I spoke up, straightening it out to him.

“It was on the floor, why was it there?” I asked, I wasn't necessarily expecting a reply but he turned to me.

I took in his features, eyes dimmer and dead, face drained. He looked...his eyes went down to the phone. “I had no use of it” his voice was raspy.

But I was happy he said something.

I didn't know what to say anymore, he was... down and somehow it killed me. I took in his side view.

This past few days he hasn't been home, I saw his... importance. But I couldn't still tell what it was.

He was still my partner though but I wasn't doing this for the A. He needed to come back.

I rubbed my arms. “Are you cold?” he asked and I turned to him. “Yeah”

“Good” he faced back forward.

Dick!

A little smile tugged at my lips. He was still an asshole. “Do you wanna go home?” I asked, he said nothing.  “Let's go" I got up and waited.

It took a minute before he did same. We both stood opposite each other, he was just in a black shirt and pants. Why wasn't he feeling cold?

He dipped his hand into his pocket and headed out and I followed. We got back to the car and he got it open and handed me the jacket.

I stood there stunned but took it anyways and put it on.

His phone began ringing in my hand and I stretched it out to him again. It was Austin calling.

He took it this time, probably surprised the phone survived. We both got in and he answered.

“What the fuck, man? Where are you? What the fuck is wrong with you? Shit! I was two seconds from calling a search party, have you lost it finally? Where the fuck are you? Why weren't you picked up the calls? Where the fuck are you?” He yelled, I was startled.

“I'm on my way” Carson said, bringing the car to life.

“Why would you stay out that long? Where the fuck are you? Answer!”

And that was the ride till we got back home. Throwing the door open, everyone looked up at us and was surprised to see him and I felt accomplished.

He said nothing to no one and just headed upstairs, Austin stormed in. “Where's that fucker?” we all pointed upstairs, he left.

Jayson gave me a curt nod and I returned it. “Wait, where's my car?"

“Shit! It's at Bianca's”

“Are you shitting me?”

...

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

81.5K 7.5K 40
"The laugh cracked loudly into the school's atrium, like a shot of a gun. A quick bullet. A deadly bullet the pierces through flesh and bone. I reali...
3.8K 353 55
I wrote this when I was like 13. Never edited it. Read at your own risk. Hate A very strong word Love An even stronger emotion There will always be...
113K 2.9K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...
4K 364 32
"If you hear a bad story about me, understand, there was a time I was good to those people too but they won't tell you that part..." Kiera has been i...