Revenge on The Bad Boy (Unexp...

By SilverMoonShadow

"You can't play a player baby, it doesn't work that way." Lola Mackenzie is getting way more than she bargain... More

Author's Note - Must read
01 - Lola: Surprise, Surprise
02 - Lola: Under the Surface
03 - Ryder: Calculus
04 - Lola: Love Game
05 - Lola: The First Move
06 - Ryder: Game On
07 - Ryder: Grand Gesture
08 - Lola: A Date with the Player
09 - Lola: Memories
10 - Lola: Unintentional Progress, Apparently
11 - Ryder: Full of Surprises
12 - Lola: The Truth
13 - Lola: Stacy's New Friend
14 - Lola: Meet the Parents
16 - Lola: Sleepover
17 - Lola: Claire
18 - Ryder: Hospital Visit
Competition - No Longer Open
Competition Shortlist
19 - Lola: Introducing Chelsea
20- Lola: Dresses, dresses and more dresses!
21 - Lola: Getting Ready
22 - Lola: Prom
Editing Update

15 - Ryder: Awake

18.8K 605 11
By SilverMoonShadow

"Well?" His calculating gaze fell on Lola, who tensed under his judgement.

"I'm Lola, it's nice to meet you Mr Case." Although her hands were trembling slightly, I was pleased to hear her voice sounding as strong as always. Dad would've pounced at any sign of weakness. Ignoring Lola's outstretched hand, my father turned to me. Lola's arm dropped to her side as her eyes lowered to the floor, and I slipped my hand into hers for encouragement.

"Wow. She actually has manners. You've finally upped your standards son." His voice was deadly sweet as she smiled at me. It was the type of smile he'd been perfecting for years, and might have looked almost genuine if I didn't know better. Obviously it hadn't fooled Lola either, and her nails dug into the back of my hand, her fingers trembling now from anger rather than fear as she tried to reign in her temper.

My father had done everything to deserve her almost immediate hatred, and still managed to smile whilst doing it. It astounded me that Lola hadn't blown already. As much as I would've liked to see that, it was probably for the best. This wasn't exactly the best time for an outburst.

"Hey, let's get some food." I suggested, shrugging guiltily at Derek before pulling Lola from the room. She didn't protest, seemingly stunned into silence.

Leading her to the vending machine, I finally felt her relax, her grip slackening on my hand. Her stomach growled loudly as I fed coins into the machine and I chuckled at her sheepish grin.

"What would you like?"

Her face lit up as she answered.

"Crème egg?" She posed it as a question, biting on her lip nervously, as if she thought it might be some sort of cruel joke. As it dropped from the rack, she smiled, snatching it from my grip and tearing off the wrapping before sinking her teeth into the half-melted chocolate with a moan.

If she moaned like that every time, I'd happily buy her as many crème eggs as she wanted. She blushed as I raised my eyebrows.

"It's been a long day."

I chuckled as Derek exited the room, looking absolutely worn out after mere minutes in the same room as my mother. She had that effect on people.

"You two would be cute together you know?" She told Derek quietly, a hesitant smile curving up at the corner of her lips. He raised his eyebrows in denial.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm just here to support Ryder - time of need and all that, you know?" She rolled her eyes at the obvious lie.

"Can I just ask though?" She paused, nibbling on her lip nervously.

"Are you the guy who cheated on her?"

His eyes widened comically.

"Wow, Ryder really told you everything." He glanced past her head at me, and I shrugged. It wasn't as though I'd intended to tell her, I'd just been unable to stop myself.

"No. I wasn't. We never really dated properly. It was - It was complicated. There was Ryder and there was her mum." The corner of his mouths turned up in amusement.

"- and then there was the guy her mum was trying to set her up with." Lola's eyes widened in shock

"He was the one who cheated on her."

She turned to me curiously.

"You didn't tell me that they'd been set up."

"I didn't know." I replied truthfully, feeling sorrier for Derek by the minute. Maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh when I'd given him the mandatory 'older brother' speech.

"You should tell her."

Derek grinned sadly and I did the same in sympathy.

Lola really had no idea. If only it were that easy. Before the whole coma incident, Chelsea had always been the family golden girl. I'd taken on the position of 'rebellious son'.

Our father controlled every aspect of her life completely: what she did, her friends, her schooling. Mum had little choice but to go along with him; neither did Chelsea. I, on the other, hand, did whatever the hell I liked. Dad had lost interest in me long before that, and no longer seemed to care.

As soon as dad had discovered Derek was a friend of mine, he'd taken an instant dislike to him.

Lola yawned suddenly, her head tilting to lean on my shoulder and I tucked my hand around her waist without even realising I was doing it. Derek smirked.

"You know if you want to take her home, you're welcome to borrow my car. She doesn't look up to a bike ride right now."

"Hello, right here?" Lola reminded him with pursed lips and I rolled my eyes. Personally, I agreed with Derek. I nodded and he threw me his keys as dad entered the hospital. Had my parents not been there, I would've gladly spent time catching up with my sister, but since it was unlikely mum would let me get a word in edgeways, I vowed to visit first thing in the morning instead.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay with your sister? I can call a cab, or someone to pick me up." She offered, as if reading my thoughts and I shook my head. As we passed the desk, I scribbled down a quick note for the nurse to give to her from me and she nodded with a smile. Lola lingered back, looking worried and I lifted her face to mine.

"Don't worry. Dad and I have way more problems going on than Chelsea needs to find out about now. Believe me, it's best if Chelsea and I talk when he's not there."

She smiled, still seeming a little unsure and I rolled my eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 1.7K 31
A story about survival, friends that turn into enemies, and the power of what true love can really do.
1.1M 62.5K 40
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
105K 3.2K 30
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
998K 22.5K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...