The Raven - Wenclair *Complet...

By theazar_rn

Enid felt like she could never be close enough, even when they were just inches apart Wednesday had to have n... More

Writer Info
Aftermath
The Addams
Enid's going where?
Update 1
The Mansion
A Story and a Nightmare
A Tour
The Mysterious Mansion
A Confession
It's a Laberynth
What's it Mean?
The Curse and it's Power
Pressurized Moments
Full Moon Antics
Random Side Update
A Wolf and a Bird
Two Become One
A Date? No..
Fight or Flight
Overprotective Much?
Family Matters
Update 2
Tick Tick
A Question (A/N)
After You
In (not) So Few Words
Friday's My Girlfriend
What's the Difference?
Annual Reunions and Anxiety
Just Some Research
I Would Rather Not Say
What if I'm Not?
So We Should Talk, Right?
The Parent's Get Involved
This Is A Date
Talking (does not) Help
Friends, Family, Partners
A Vision is Reality
Game Recognizes Game
Another Aftermath
Why Can't I Remember?
So What To do
We Are Whole
Epilogue. 1

To Hold or To Be Held

2.1K 65 59
By theazar_rn

Enid's thoughts:

After Wednesday rushed off to find her brother, and Enid had finally got her squealing under control. She immediately texted Yoko because. Why wouldn't she?

*messages*

Mosquito Bestie: Enid wtf is this name?

Dog Breath: Do not complain to me rn, like mine is any better

Mosquito Bestie: okay fine fine. What's up?

Dog Breath: I have exciting news!!

Mosquito Bestie: SPILL 🫖

Dog Breath: Wednesday just confessed everything! We are officially together as of like 30 mins ago!!!

Mosquito Bestie: OMG YES but also, 30 mins??! Enid wtf.

Dog Breath: I needed time to chill out! I swear I was gonna wolf out for a min there

Mosquito Bestie: I can't be mad at you, I nearly blacked out when D and I made it official.

Dog Breath: exactlyyyyyyy

Mosquito Bestie: well first let's do this

*Dog Breath's name has been changed to Emo Girl's wolf*

Emo Girl's wolf: Seriously?

Mosquito Bestie: Obviously

*Mosquito Bestie's name has been changed to Original Wenclair Shipper*

Emo Girl's wolf: Welcome to the club

Original Wenclair Shipper: Jokes on you. I like this name

Emo Girl's wolf: Ugghh.

Original Wenclair Shipper: Enough of this. Tell me everything!

Emo Girl's wolf: Yoks, it was honestly the best thing ever!

*End of Texts*

Wednesday's thoughts:

Although Enid was mostly correct that Wednesday had run off after Pugsley, she had also gone to her parents.

They were eagerly awaiting the news from their daughter.

After tying Pugsley to his ceiling with ease, Wednesday went to find her parents.

They were together dancing in the main room. Pubert was, poorly, playing the piano. Wednesday watched for a moment in pure disgust of her family, sending up a silent prayer to where she was not sure, so that Enid and her would never be like them.

Sure, she loved Enid, sure she was falling into the long-standing family curse to love someone unconditionally for all of your life.

But Wednesday Addams would never display affections in such manors.

Her parents were leaning heavily on each other, half dancing half trying to become one person. Wednesday hated it with a passion, more so than she hated people. She could never imagine such displays being part of her life.

She mentally noted to speak about the lines of their new relationship with Enid. She had to make sure the overly touchy werewolf understood their agreement.

Maybe she should type up an agreement.

"Wednesday dear!" Morticia turned to her only daughter, finally noticing her presence in the room.

At school, the moment Wednesday entered a room, it was brushed over with a certain chill and her presence was known. At home, no such thing happened. She found she hated that more than all the eyes turning to her at school. She quite liked making others uncomfortable. She had no such pleasure at home.

"Hello, mother." Wednesday deadpanned, posture rigid. She had already used up all her energy just to confess her feelings to Enid. She had little left. Especially after what she did to Pugsley.

From the loud thud over head, she assumed he had finally escaped the ceiling restraints. Sad, it took him longer than it used to. Maybe she'd been going easy on him lately, and he was getting weaker.

"What is it, my little scorpion?" Her father spoke up, coming to stand next to his wife. They were perfect next to each other, so conflicting yet the same.

Wednesday noted then that Enid was color, and Wednesday was darkness, quite unlike her parents, who were both dark. Yet her father was filled with so much life and her mother with elegant beauty and a hint of poison.

Enid was quite the same. She was so bright. Sometimes overly bright, yet she had a darkness, too. One hidden so far down, outsiders would never see it, never notice when Enid fakes a smile.

Outsiders would never know Enid could become a killer beast with the power and strength to take out an uncontrolled monster. Wednesday knew.

Enid physically was her opposite, yet mentally, they could be the same. They had power that others would fear, unstoppable forces.

"I have asked for Enid's hand." Wednesday spoke firmly, leveling her parent's instant glee with a death glare.

"That is wonderful news! Isn't it wonderful news, Tish?" Gomez beamed at his wife.

"It is." Morticia responded with poise. She was just as excited but her feelings more easily contained. For her daughters sake, of course.

Gomez brought Wednesday into a big hug. It was short and filled with love, and Wednesday despised it.

Her mother was more respectful of her no touch rule. She instead leveled her with full eye contact. A knowing gleam behind her eyes.

Morticia always knew, just like most mothers do. She just had the added ability of visions.

"I must return to my room now. Thank you both for your help on the matters. And no father, there will be no wedding planning." Wednesday had begun to walk out of the room. She looked over her shoulder at her parents to make sure they understood what she meant.

He just smiled at her. Clearly, he had ignored her entirely and was hearing church bells already.

Wednesday repressed a shudder. She knew it would happen eventually, but thinking of marrying Enid was terrifying. Not the good kind of terrifying either, the kind that filled Wednessay with uncertainty.

Sure, Enid had said they were mates, Wednesday had accepted her. Wednesday had confessed her love, and Enid had confessed right back. This did not mean it would go perfectly for them.

Wednesday was prepared for hardship. Maybe it was due to her being a raven. Maybe her track record was not very good in the feelings department.

She had already hurt Enid, yet she had also helped Enid in many ways.

She knew they needed to talk. She just could not bring herself to do so tonight.

As she entered her room and found her now girlfriend asleep in her spot of the bed, she let out the most miniscule breath.

Such a beautiful woman asleep in her bed, wrapped in her blankets. Enid was as peaceful as peaceful could be. For the first time, Wesnesday did not want to ruin someone's peace.

She changed and climbed into bed, Enid instantly turned and latched onto Wednesday.

Wednesday stiffened, it was unfamiliar territory.

"I can move if you'd prefer that." Enid mumbled half awake into the dark-haired girls neck. Enid's warm breath, causing Wednesday's pulse to quicken.

Wednesday contemplated for a minute. They had been sharing a bed since Enid arrived. She knew technically it was no different now than a day ago.

Yet she could not get herself under control.

"Yes, I would appreciate it if you moved." Wednesday said, Enid could tell she was struggling to keep her voice level.

Enid's eyes snapped open, and she instantly put every ounce of space between the both of them. Wednesday's comfort is the only thing that mattered.

"I can sleep in the guest room, I dont want to push." Enid repressed a whine. She didn't want to leave, but she so would. Anything for her mate.

"Mon loup (my wolf), you do not need to leave. Allow me?" Wednesday reached out for the taller girl, looking not unlike a small child.

Enid was already almost standing back-peddling so fast that she nearly fell. She halted instantly. Staring at Wednesday, eyes wide and heart open. Waiting.

Enid put her hand in Wednesday's tentatively. Allowing the other girl to pull her back.

Wednesday positioned the two. She was lying facing Enid with their hands still interlocked.

"I do not mind you here. I am just not sure how.." Wednesday was struggling with what to say, what she actually meant. She had already exposed her raw nerves too much that night.

"Not sure what you're comfortable with?" Enid asked, smiling at the other with an earnestness that could be felt.

"Yes." Wednesday said instantly, silently grateful she had someone who could understand her when she did not understand it.

"How about I move slowly. When we get to a way you are comfortable with, we will sleep like that?" Enid offered. It's like she always had an idea of how to help her girlfriend. Maybe Wednesday could come to appreciate someone showing her new things.

Wednesday nodded to show she was okay with what Enid had said. Forming words was just not working for her.

Enid smiled, she thought for a moment first.

"Would you prefer to be the big or little spoon?" She asked her partner.

By the confused look on Wednesday's face, clearly she was going to have to ask in Wednesday safe terms.

"Do you prefer to hold me or have me hold you?" Enid changed her question.

Wednesdah considered her partner's question. Did she really know the answer? Any other day, her answer would be to kill whoever attempted to hold her anywhere. Clearly, that is not what Enid meant.

Enid was not asking to hold her down or keep her from moving. Still, the idea of someone having that capability was not fun.

"Although I prefer neither, I will say to hold someone else." Wednesday said she was being thoughtful of Enid's attempts.

"Okay, come here." Enid says with a grin.

Enid flips around, reaching behind her for Wednesday's hand. Wednesday slowly places her hand into the other Girl's. Enid lightly pulls her into cuddling. She placed Wednesday's arm around her stomach firmly.

"How's this?" Enid asks, suppressing her giggles of enjoyment.

"It is not horrible." Wednesday responds, although her heart was again rising. Having her wolf so close was just intense.

Especially because neither girl had ever spoken about the cuddling they had found themselves in each morning. This was on the very cusp of Wednesday's boundaries only because she knew each morning they woke up this close. Closer sometimes.

"If this is too much, it's okay to move, baby." Enid spoke up, chancing a petname. She needed to test the waters.

Wednesday's arm was gone immediately, and she also sat straight up. Rigid beyond belief.

"This relationship has no room for such commonplace endearment, Enid." It was said so matter-o-factly that Enid had to do a double take.

"Then what am I supposed to call you?" Enid whined sitting up now with Wednesday.

"I can not decide for you. You will find something that works." Wednesday gave no room for debate.

Sighing, Enid admitted defeat, besides. She liked the idea of finding a perfect name for Wednesday, something that was theirs.

Wednesday used many terms, but Enid understood almost none of them. Maybe she needed to find something like that.

"I would appreciate it if we slept like we normally do. You are allowed to be just minutely closer than before." Wednesday lied back down and crossed her arms over her chest.

It was not exactly what Enid wanted but she wanted her mate comfortable before anything. So she listened, although she scooted close enough so her back was against Wednesday's shoulder.

The touch instantly calming all her crazy emotions.

And when she felt Wednesday's hand rubbing barely there circles on her back. She could not help the instant sleep she dove into.

Wednesday listened as her wolf's breathing evened out. Her own slightly elevated. She felt the need to hold Enid close, she wanted to be closer. She was cursing herself for such feelings yet, they would not fade. She hated it.

She gave into it.

She snaked an arm around Enid's midsection, pulling her ever so slightly closer. She could not help the light sigh that escaped her lips.

She could not help the tension that immediately released from her shoulders and how her clenched jaw released.

Enid had to have magical powers to have such affects on her. She mentally noted to check the library another time.

In this moment she just enjoyed the feeling of comfort.

And if she missed the smiled Enid had on her face. No one else saw it either.

(A/N Okay... I totally randomly found what Enid's special petname is gonna be and Oh My God. Just. It's great.

I know that in a lot of Wenclair stories Enid speaks Greek, and I love Greek so much it's an amazing language and saying "my love" in Greek is top tier. But it's also really complicated so for this story: She does not speak it. She does however, do some research.

Also I am trying to add extra detail which is why the cuddling thing is so pulled out, as someone who has only cuddled with one person ever. Its like something so incredibly vulnerable and can be super awkward when you aren't yet comfortable with it. I'm trying to show that within this chapter! Thanks for reading!! So sorry I talk so much extra.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 3.5K 34
This story takes place of Wednesday and Enid returning to Nevermore. They meet up with friends as their relationship starts to grow they realize some...
216K 3.9K 22
Ever since the night of horror, Enid and Wednesday have grown closer. They've grown closer in a way Wednesday has never experienced before. Will the...
140K 3.9K 126
⚠️DISCONTINUED - IMPROVED STORY ON MY PAGE OUT NOW⚠️ Wednesday and Enid start to have feelings for one another, feelings that they know aren't going...
108K 3.7K 17
"I don't care what happened before, my rule is no touching, no hugs and no colors, can you handle that?" Wednesday asked. Enid frowned and turned aro...