The Parent's Get Involved

Countdown: 3 days until the Ball

Enid's Thoughts:

Enid wakes up for the first time alone in a month. Wednesday's not there holding her, and it makes Enid feel incredibly alone.

She's shaken out of her thoughts by a knock at the door. It's Gomez she can tell, something about the man just smelled so specific. All of Wednesday's family smelled slightly of death and decay. But each member also had their own special spin on things.

Wednesday was books, Morticia was flowers, Pugsley always smelled lightly of fish and gun-powder, and Gomez was unidentifiable so far.

Nonetheless, she knew it was him, she she got up out of bed and pushed her feelings of abandonment to the side. Obviously, Wednesday hadn't actually abandoned her. She could still faintly smell her scent in the room.

"My dear Lobo!" Gomez exclaimed as soon as the door was open.

How many different ways could this family say 'wolf' Enid had begun to wonder to herself.

"Good morning!" Enid out on her best smile for the girlfriend's father. She still cared about the impression she had made.

"We were worried about you, Lobo. It's nearly lunchtime!" Gomez beamed at her, but Enid was just confused.

Why hadn't Wednesday woken her? And why was Gomez the one waking her up?

"Thanks for coming to get me. I'll, uh, be down in a minute." She gave him another forced smile.

"Alright, chica, we will see you downstairs soon." He says, and it's not an option. It sounds like she does actually have to show her face downstairs soon.

She just nods as he turns away and shuts the door when he's gone.

For her sake, Enid really does try to push all of her personal doubts out of her mind. They're getting in the way of everything going on. She knows it. It just feels like no one notices what she's feeling.

She's just feeling a little lost.

Enid walks into the bathroom and splashes water on her face, trying to push away unshed tears. When she succeeds, she changes into a better outfit and heads downstairs.

*View Switch: Morticia and Gomez Addams*

"Cara Mia, something is wrong with our daughter's rainbow." Gomez had pulled his wife into his office. Well "office" as they called it to keep the kids out.

"You mean Enid, dear?" Morticia responds, she always found her husband's way of describing people humorous.

"Yes, my beloved. I think she's troubled by something." He responds.

"What do you suggest we do about that?" Morticia asks. Genuinely, she had noticed Enid's behavior being a little off since the ball announcement. And with Wednesday helping them so much, maybe something was going on.

"I don't know, Cara Mia, that's why i'm telling you!" Gomez moves closer to his wife, wrapping her in his arms.

"I know what we can do."

*View Switch: Wednesday*

Wednesday, Pugsley, and minorly Pubert, had just finished putting up decor in the kitchen when Gomez and Morticia entered.

Gomez immediately went and grabbed Pubert from the top of the table. He smiled at his youngest son and then motioned for Pugsley to come with him.

They left the two Addams women to discuss one very important werewolf.

"Darling." Morticia got Wednesday's attention effortlessly.

"Yes, mother." She responded, wondering why their conversations always had to begin this way. She wished her mother would just say what she wanted without pleasantries.

"Your werewolf seems to be having a rough time." Morticia moves closer to her daughter, now standing in front of her.

"She has been lost in her own head lately. She feels things a lot more than I do." Wednesday contemplates, had Enid been sad without her noticing? Why had Enid not just told her?

"Yes, my raven, I know she does. You need to try and talk with her, I think this ball has taken too much of your attention." Morticia reaches out and traces the side of Wednesday's arm. Never actually touching her but the support present.

"Yes, it seems I have been distracted with the reunion." Wednesday thinks back on the time she's been missing with her partner and almost feels sad.

"Why don't you two take some time together. We will handle the rest of the decorating and planning." Morticia gives Wednesday a knowing smile. Wednesday just glared back.

"Alright, we will."

Just ad Wednesday finishes her sentence. Enid comes skipping into the kitchen.

"We will what?" Enid asks and gives Wednesday a light smile.

Wednesday freezes, she's not really sure.

"You two are going on a date. Right Wednesday?" Morticia glances down to her daughter, giving her a "Mother knows best" look.

"Right. la mia luce, would you accompany me on a date this evening?" Wednesday turns and asks Enid.

Both Morticia and Wednesday are pretty sure Enid nearly fainted on the spot.

"Sit darling, let's get you some water and a snack before you two do anything." Morticia moves to Enid's side and helps her sit in a chair at the table.

Morticia leaves the two girls alone to get some water.

"I'd love to Weds." Enid gives a full beaming smile to Wednesday. It makes her heart stutter just enough for Enid to notice.

It's almost like that makes the wolf's smile even bigger.

"Give me an hour to plan it, malakti (translation at the end)." Wednesday says and gives the top of Enid's head a light kiss. Then she leaves without another word. Knowing her mother would take good care of her partner.

Now, Wednesday was tasked with planning the perfect date. What on Earth was she going to do? With such little time.

Thing came "running" her shoulder and gave a reassuring message.

"I'm here to help" is what he signed.

The duo regrouped in Wednesday's room.

"I will need a bunch of flowers, a quiver of arrows, and Lurch to be ready in one hour."

Thing gives a mock salute with his fingers and heads off to collect the necessary items.

Wednesday heads to change, wearing something akin to her last stake-out outfit. With a nice leather jacket and lace-up boots. Wednesday was ready for this moment. She had been thinking about their first date a lot lately. She knew exactly what she wanted to do.

All that was left was to get Enid and begin this new adventure.

(A/N

Okay so I have family that's Arabic and i dont know why or what happened but I ended up translating my queen into Arabic and went
"Fuck it. This works, let's use it"

So Wednesday knows Arabic, Italian, French, and Spanish now. I know Cannonly she knows like a bunch of languages but it never specifies which so I'm saying Arabic is one of them. Let me know your thoughts on it and I might change it.

Also, OOOO first date time. Whatll happen? More visions? A talk with Wolfie? Will they finally say what they're hiding?

I legit don't know anything besides what they do.