Kalon

By chaenjen

Y/n is pretty sure her entire family hates her and her commitment issues are starting to make her life (as we... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 5

1.8K 113 56
By chaenjen

They have to call two cabs since they’re more than ten people all together and since they can’t even fit like that Jihyo offers to drive. Y/n is getting squeezed in between Lisa and Jennie and tries not to frown too much. She hates the middle seat but she doesn’t want to complain because she almost ended up sitting in the same cab as Sana and really, anything’s better than that.

The club seems to be bursting at the seams when they arrive even though it’s still fairly early. There’s an endless line in front of it and it doesn’t seem to be moving. "Why’s it so packed?" Y/n asks.

Lisa hums. "Some kind of underground DJ’s playing tonight."

Y/n nods her head. She isn’t really familiar with that scene unlike Lisa who has a few friends who are working as rappers. Or you know, trying to make their living out of it.

"Nayeon knows the DJ." Lisa explains when they just skip the line (and earn glares from the shivering people waiting there) and Suga talks to the bouncer, pointing at their group as the man looks through the list in his hands. Y/n sighs and burrows deeper into her coat.

She turns to look over her shoulder and just happens to catch Sana smiling at a pretty guy in the line.

The girl pouts, batting her eyelashes at Sana. "Can't you get me and my friends in too? We've been waiting here for almost an hour. I'm freezing!"

"Sorry, babe." She hears Sana respond and Lisa makes gagging sounds next to her which make Y/n snicker. "You really should zip up your coat though, stay warm, you know." Sana reaches out to zip it up for him, rubbing her arms after with a kind smile.

The guy looks taken aback, probably not having expected that answer, and he blushes, suddenly not as flirty anymore.

Y/n sighs and looks away.

Suga leads them to the VIP area and Y/n thinks this is all a bit too much. They usually just get shit faced at local clubs in town that look like they might just collapse when people are dancing inside. This is way too fancy for them and she could probably live an entire week off of the money she’s going to spend on one single drink in here.

"I’ll be right back." Suga shouts over the music. "I’m gonna quickly say hi to Woozi."

Jihyo nods and Y/n shuffles to the side when she sits down next to Y/n.

"Who the hell is Woozi?" Jeongyeon asks, getting pushed away when she almost ends up sitting on Dahyun’s lap.

"The DJ," Dahyun grunts. "It’s his stage name. His real name’s Jihoon. I'm not surprised you don't know about her even though she's only the best hip-hop producer of the country."

Jeongyeon rolls her eyes and starts imitating Dahyun's voice. Then the bickering starts again.

-

From there, everyone kind of does their own thing. Jeongyeon, together with Seokmin and Momo force Dahyun to go and dance with them and Y/n doesn’t see the poor girl again after that. Jihyo is flirting with some stranger over the railing that separates the VIP area from the "proletarian" area (again, that's what Jeongyeon calls it). Suga still hasn’t come back from saying hi to the DJ even though it’s been more than half an hour and Lisa, being the good friend she is, is sticking to Y/n’s side.

Oh, and Sana is there too, of course, but that girl didn’t even bother coming to sit down with them in the first place; as soon as they went inside she started eyeing up some guy who’s been clinging to Sana ever since. Y/n ponders on switching seats because right now, she has perfect sight on the bar, where Sana is currently standing with said guy.

Y/n doesn’t know why she feels so irritated but maybe she’s just really in a bad mood because everything Sana does seems to rub her the wrong way. She takes a sip from her drink, a scowl she can't seem to get rid of present on her face.

"Stop looking like that." Lisa flicks her head. "You look like you’re going to kill someone."

"I might." Y/n huffs, smirking in satisfaction when Lisa looks frightened by it.

"Y/n/n," Lisa snorts, slinging an arm around her shoulder to talk into her ear. "Look, I know you’re gonna get mad but seriously, you need to stop being so obvious if you don’t want anyone to notice."

"I wish I knew what you’re talking about."

"So you’re not staring at her like she personally offended you?"

"She's a show-off." Y/n shrugs. "You know I don't like people who are like that."

Lisa hums, leaning back on the couch and she pulls on Y/n's shoulders to make her do the same. "I've known you for almost eight years now so I can easily tell when you're lying. Like right now. And I know how your weird brain works, so I also know that you've been thinking about your steamy cuddle sessions with her nonstop and now you feel betrayed because she seems to have moved on already while you're still hung up on it."

Y/n is quiet for a long time. "Did anyone ever tell you that your mouth’s like a second butthole?"

"What?"

"You know, since all that comes out if it is complete shit."

Lisa blinks at Y/n for a moment, and once she understands that Y/n just kind of made a joke, she bursts out laughing. "Oh my fucking god! Where'd you get that from?" She laughs for at least ten seconds but she suddenly stops, shaking her head at Y/n. "Hey, stop fucking changing the subject. You know what I said is true! Don't even try to deny it. You like her, don't you?"

"No!" Y/n grits out. "For god’s sake, I don’t even know the girl. I just don’t like her attitude, that’s why I was staring at her."

"Staring at who?" Jihyo suddenly turns away from the person she’s been making pretty eyes at, joining their conversation.

"Sana." Lisa points at said person with her drink and when Y/n reluctantly looks over she catches the guy leaning up to Sana’s ear, whispering something to her with his hands all over her.

Y/n's scowl deepens.

"Ah." Jihyo nods her head in understanding. She turns to look at them again. "What about her?"

"Y/n’s jealous—"

"I’m not—" Y/n groans in frustration, speaking directly to Jihyo instead. "Listen, don’t listen to anything she says, okay? She doesn’t know what she’s talking about."

Jihyo blinks at them for a moment before she chuckles, an almost knowing look in her dark eyes. "I’m a psychology major, you know. I can tell when someone’s lying. Most of the time. And I have to say you just flat out lied to my face."

"Ha!" Lisa shouts, fist bumping the air and Jihyo gives Y/n an apologetic smile, shrugging her shoulders.

"Do you want to grab a drink?" Jihyo suddenly asks Y/n.

"I still have one. But thanks," Y/n answers.

Jihyo rolls her eyes. "Just grab a drink with me."

Y/n is about to protest again but Lisa pushes her from the couch at the same time as Jihyo who grabs her arm and starts dragging her out of their booth.

"Look can we not—"

"Ah, you’re nervous because we’re walking towards the object of your affection. You’re really easy to read." Jihyo snorts, guiding Y/n towards the bar with a hand on the small of her back.

"I need new friends." Y/n grunts miserably. She suddenly catches Sana's eyes when she's standing at the bar and Sana looks like she's only listening to the guy with half an ear, her eyes flickering from Jihyo to Y/n.

"What do you want? It’s on me." Jihyo says.

"No, I’m fine."

"God, you really are a difficult one." Jihyo orders to whiskeys from the bartender and then turns to look at Y/n. "Alright. Tell Y/n where the shoe pinches."

Y/n gives her an irritated look. "Nowhere."

"Really? Because a little bird told me you and a certain someone over there had a little… encounter last week."

But Jihyo wasn’t even at the party. "How do you know about that?"

"Ah, I have my ways." Jihyo nods her head. "But you know, just for future reference; I wouldn’t tell Lis too many secrets."

Of course it was Jeongyeon. She’s only the biggest chatterbox Y/n has ever met. Y/n honestly doesn’t know how Jeongyeon even heard of it; Lisa definitely didn’t tell her.

Wouldn’t surprise her if Jeongyeon saw them like that by looking through the keyhole or something just as creepy.

Y/n looks up when their drinks arrive, nervously gripping the glass. "Does... Does everyone know?"

Jihyo gives her a pitying smile. "Pretty much."

"Look, I know what you’re thinking but that’s not it. We didn’t even do anything. I mean, people hook up all the time and no one makes a big deal out of it."

"That’s because it isn’t." Jihyo looks up, smirking when she sees how a girl from the other side of the bar is staring at her. Y/n gives her a pointed look when she focuses back on Y/n and Jihyo just chuckles. "Sana though… I know her good enough to say she’s not the type to just cuddle with someone. If you guys would’ve fucked I wouldn’t be surprised at all, but you know, this is a bit different."

"Different?"

"I’m saying that" Jihyo suddenly reaches out and brushes Y/n’s hair out of her eyes, which makes Sana stare at them again and Y/n doesn’t know if she’s just stupid or too drunk but she has no fucking idea what’s going anymore. "When I asked Sana about it, she was smiling like an idiot. And because she is an idiot, she’s going to think I’m hitting on you, and as soon as I’ll be gone she’s going to come over."

"I don’t think I get it—"

"Good. You’re perfect for each other. She doesn't understand anything ever either." Jihyo rolls her eyes, grabbing her drink. "Now if you’ll excuse me."

"No wait—"

But Jihyo winks at her and then just leaves.

Y/n grits her teeth together, trying really hard not to start shaking from how frustrated and annoyed she is. She drinks the nasty whiskey, doesn’t even care how much it’ll cost before she orders another drink.

Y/n grumbles to herself. She’s probably pouting too but she doesn’t even care.

Someone steps up beside her just as the bartender hands Y/n her drink. "I’ll have the same she has. Both on me."

Y/n looks up and finds Sana standing beside her. "What are you doing?"

"I’m ordering a drink."

"I know but don’t pay for mine—"

"It’s fine. I want to." Sana smiles at her and it’s nothing like the smiles she’s been handing out to everyone else all night. It’s the smile Y/n remembers from their first meeting and Jihyo’s words are suddenly ringing in her head. "Are you having fun?"

"Yeah, sure." Y/n shrugs.

Sana blinks at her, the corners of her mouth twitching in amusement.

Y/n looks at their booth and sees Lisa waving at her like a maniac and next to her Jihyo’s giving her a smug thumbs up. Sana turns to follow her line of sight and Jihyo uses the moment to send a suggestive wink towards Y/n.

When Sana turns back around there’s a scowl on her face. She pays the bartender with a sweet smile and silently clinks her and Y/n’s glasses together.

It’s rather cute, even if Y/n doesn’t want to admit it.

"Thank you," Y/n mutters. "For the drink."

"You’re welcome." Sana stares at her drink for a moment before facing Y/n again, her eyes flickering over Y/n’s face much like at Lisa’s party. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." Y/n shrugs, bringing her drink to her mouth.

"Does Jihyo make you feel funny too?"

Y/n promptly chokes on her drink. The alcohol gets into her windpipe and it burns. She starts coughing and wheezing and her eyes are tearing up.

"Hey." Sana pulls a pained face, putting her drink down to pat Y/n’s back. "Are you okay?"

Y/n glares at Sana, still coughing.

Sana chuckles nervously, patting Y/n’s back until the coughing stops. Y/n’s left gasping for air like an idiot, and her lungs are still burning. "Do you want some water?"

"No," Y/n whimpers. She clears her throat until she’s sure she’s not going to go into another coughing fit. "I’m fine."

"Okay. Good." Sana's hand is still on her back and Y/n has half a mind to shrug it off but she lets it rest there for the moment. "So… do I take that as a yes?"

"Take it however you want." Y/n huffs, carefully taking a sip from her drink. Her face is heating up because she just keeps remembering all the stupid things she said to Sana and the worst thing is, Sana remembers all of it too. And she knows she’s being a bit rude but she doesn’t really care as long as it gets Sana to leave her alone.

Sana looks like she's contemplating whether she should open her mouth or not, her lips pressed together. "Alright then. Have fun." And with that, Sana just walks away and leaves Y/n alone to feel like an asshole.
----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 372 11
Kim Jong-Y/n, a recently turned 24 year old sets out to a job interview her close friend Park Chanyeol was able to get her. Y/n who is the 2nd younge...
56.7K 3K 28
•"𝙢𝙞𝙭𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜"• in which Jinsoul, the hopeless romantic, gets notes from a...
308K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
616K 37.5K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...