Hogwarts Legacy: The Curse of...

By OKStudios

(Spoilers for Hogwarts Legacy) It had been two years since the events that transpired underneath Hogwarts. Li... More

Seventh-Year Growing Pains
In The Commons
Curses
Mending Cracks
Toujours Pur
The Shadow
The Respiratory
Trial 1
A Sirius Matter
Secret Affairs
The Ominis Curse
Trial 2
The Raven is Dead
To His Dismay
The Guide
Trial 3
Woes
Flowers
Betrayal
Trial 4
Half-Blood
Exile
Ancient Magic
Lover Boy
Up to Bat
Return of the Raven
No More Pure Bloods
Final Battles
Pure of Heart

Mudblood

140 8 6
By OKStudios

Cornelius trudged through the halls of his hideout. He peered around corners and glared ahead of himself. Putting on façade after façade was not easy. From Ursula's unruly boyfriend, Kreacher Helga to Professor Sharp and Black's purifying potion. It had taken days to come up with it, but Black didn't know what it really could do. 

"There you are." A woman with dark brown hair and glasses runs over and hugs him. 

"Hello, Violet." He whispered in her ear. She wore a golden robe with purple stars. She always liked flashy and funny clothing. 

"Where have you been? I was beginning to think Black finally beat you." She laughed. Cornelius rolled his eyes and chuckled. 

"That will never happen. I have more confidence that Y/N will stop me before he will." Cornelius looked around the room for something to eat. His hideout was underground, near the school. Everything was made of rock and the place was dark and musty which Cornelius hated. Soon though he would have a school to rule instead. 

"How is she doing?" Violet asked, sitting on the sofa Cornelius stole when he escaped Azkaban. 

"She will die soon enough...unless her little lover boy pulls through for her." He seemed distracted today, something had to be on his mind. 

"What happened, Cornelius?" Violet crossed her arms. "You get quiet when something's bothering you." 

"My cover as Kreacher has been blown and I don't know how long I can stay as Sharp before someone catches on..." Cornelius picks up an apple from the table near the sofa. 

"That's not all is it?" Violet's eyes narrow as she pats the seat next to her. Cornelius sits next to her as he takes a bite of his apple. 

"They are both stronger than I anticipated...I wish I had more time to face them, especially now that Ominis and Sebastian have left my side....their punishment shall be coming very soon." Cornelius hisses. 

"Niels, calm down," Violet called him by his nickname which flustered him, "You are very powerful and a lot smarter than stupid Black. You will win this, babe." Violet gives him a little kiss on the lips before smirking. 

"You are always right..." Cornelius smiled, "Are you ready to take over Hogwarts?" 

"Is that even a question?" Violet smiled. She got off the couch to go to the bathroom, leaving Cornelius alone with his thoughts. He fiddles his wand in his hands as he thinks to himself. You were proving to be a difficult and powerful foe, even in your injured state. Luckily, that was soon to change. Cornelius examined the cracks on his hand. He remembered the day he got them, but there was something different about them now. They made him feel like he wasn't human anymore. He felt like a ball of energy as he peered into one of the cracks. All he saw was purple light...people are suppose to have muscle and bone under their skin. Then again Cornelius was more powerful than most humans...than most wizards. 

"Violet!" Cornelius snapped, standing up from the sofa. 

"What is it?" Violet came back out, looking fearful of him. He hated when she looked at him like that. She knew he would never hurt here, but she still acted like he would. He understood that he scared her thanks...to well everything. 

"There is something I want to do before we go to the school." He said, adjusting his purple coat. Violet nodded, walking away to change into something more practical. Cornelius watched her leave. He knew that this last thing could help him win if he used it right...and if everything was contained like he hoped. 

"Where are we going?" Violet  asked, now dressed in a dark magenta dress. 

"We are going to retrieve great power from beneath Hogwarts. Hopefully our little friend didn't become selfish and take that magic." Cornelius smirks as he guides Violet out of the cave. He can't help but smile as he knows his plan is coming closer and closer to completion. Soon pure blood would be frowned upon for the way it treats a Mudblood. Then those who truly deserve to be in power could be. Violet notices his shift in emotion as she squeezes his hand. 

"You've waited a long time for this." She whispered, looking into his eyes. 

"Longer than one could possibly imagine." He replied, waving his wand and unlocking the door to the outside. He looked over the lush green landscape that bloomed in the sunlight. The two turned around to see the vast lake that surrounded Hogwarts. They were closer than ever to their goal and they didn't need anyone but themselves to win this fight. You had no chance against them, especially once Cornelius enacts his plan. You might not see the end of it if he succeeds. 

Your eyes shot open as you sat up in your bed. Your breathing was quick and your chest heaved up and down. Something was wrong...but you couldn't remember what. Your heart was racing as you stepped out of bed. Everything hurt so badly, but you knew that something was off. You could feel it, this sense of urgency. Black was nowhere in sight, nor was the nurse. What was happening? Were you dreaming? 

"Phineas?" You whisper, gulping. No one responded. The halls seemed emptier that usual as you strolled through the school. What time was it? Maybe it was early and that's why no one was around. You hoped that's all it was. You really hoped it was. You happened to travel across the entire school until you came upon the Ravenclaw Common Room. You stared at your friends that looked like mindless zombies. It had been so long since you had been in the common room. So very long. You missed Everett and Amit. 

"It's tragic isn't it?" A familiar voice said. You turn around to see Cornelius leaning against the wall. 

"Very." You mutter in response. Cornelius walked up to you, looking tired and a lot less bouncy than he usually was....well you about felt the same. There were no witty comebacks, no banter, no scowls or laughs...just glares. 

"I hope that will change, for your sake." Cornelius replied with a slow blink. "You remind me of someone. Someone very important to me." He reached out and touched your hair. 

"I sure hope I don't." You reply. Cornelius snorted at your response as he walked past you into the Ravenclaw Common Room. 

"I was going to say you reminded me of my mother...your response very much solidified that for me." Cornelius whispered. 

"I thought you were an orphan." You reply, following him. The curse had already infected you both and it seemed to have never left in Cornelius' case. 

"I was, but not like you. I remember my parents. They were very kind and loving compared to the likes of what you would expect. They knew exactly how to cheer me up when I was low. They knew how to protect themselves from dark wizards! Actually, I don't know if they knew how to do that. Maybe one of them, I know my father had some ties to the wizarding world. That's what makes all so similar. We are both half-bloods, who have ancient magic, a connection to Black, and most of all the Marionette Curse." He paced around the common room, eyeing everything meticulously. 

"Riveting stuff, totally haven't heard this before." You mutter, noticing Amit sitting on a chair. He looked like a zombie as he starred at nothing. Cornelius stopped pacing and turned to you with a smile. 

"It is riveting how we are so alike. That is something not even you have come to understand. We are not the same, but yet our stories are so similar that we could practically be the same person. We just chose different paths, didn't we?" Cornelius nodded to you as he turned back around. There was something different about him. He was calm and collected, not rushing into a fight or trying to convince you that you were wrong about everything. Why was he acting this way? That's what made you nervous. 

"You could say that." You reply, hoping he would reveal something about his plan. He smiled at her as he continued venturing around the common room. 

"They are fools, aren't they?" He said, looking at Mr. Moon who had got himself trapped in the room. 

"Who?" 

"Everyone." He gestures around the room and sits on an empty couch. He pats the seat next to himself, expecting you to join him. You glare at him but accept the offer anyway. 

"Why do you think that?" You ask, sitting next to him. He smirks as he smooths a patch of his hair. 

"Why wouldn't I? These people don't know the first thing about being a Mudblood. They don't know what it is like to watch everyone disrespect you for something you cannot control...except it seems your boyfriend has figured out a way, huh?" He smiled at you playfully. 

"Yet, I rejected that potion like a sensible person." You whisper, ignoring his intense stare. 

"Exactly, you don't get it, do you? Black is trying to turn you into him. But you are stronger the way you are now, are you not? You have defeated many powerful beings with the flick of your wand and he expects you to bow to him. You are no prize to be won, Y/N. You are a map to the unknown. You guide the lost to their homes, but guide the monsters to their deaths. I'm sure you remember Rookwood, Ranrok, and all those other dark wizards that you murdered." His tone becomes more serious and dark as he stares into your eyes. He grip his knees as he speaks and the cracks on his body glow brightly. 

"What are you getting at?" You feel your voice become shaky. 

"We should all be bowing to you...and well me too. We might as well be the most powerful wizards to ever walk this land. With our combined power we could destroy and kill every pure blooded wizard in our way...starting with Black and his pathetic family." Cornelius stood up and towered over you. 

"The fact you think I would join you--" 

"Oh, I know you won't...you see what I meant was this..." he smiled, taking out his wand and pointing it at you. He whispered something as clear magic shot at you. It lifted you closer to him as your body laid upwards in the sky. You felt everything drain from your soul as the magic flowed into Cornelius. "Your power shall now be mine...and your curse as well." Suddenly you fell to the floor.

Your eyes shot open as you sat up in your bed. Your breathing was quick and your chest heaved up and down. Something was wrong...but you couldn't remember what. Your heart was racing as you stepped out of bed. Then it hit you...there was no pain. There was nothing. You stood up and didn't hurt. You look at you hands to see nothing...just your skin. How could this be? You were dreaming before and now...whatever Cornelius did actually effected you. But...your magic was gone. The nurse walked into the room and starred at you shocked. 

"Your skin..." She whispered. Black followed soon behind, but he wasn't worried about you. 

"The Ravenclaw House is attacking the other houses!" Black freaked before noticing your skin. "Oh my..." 

"I think Cornelius is taking over the school!" You call and run past them both. You run through the halls, relieved by how easy it was to run again. But this time that joy did not spread around you. People were screaming as students and teachers alike tried to defend others the best they could. The Ravenclaw students looked angry as they threw brick at students you knew were pure bloods. "Oh, no, no, no." You stare at the destruction around you. This couldn't be happening. 

"Death to those without tainted blooded!" A Ravenclaw called. 

"May you suffer for what you have done to us!!" Another screamed. 

"Cornelius!" You yell but he does not appear or respond. Black runs up behind you and covers his mouth in shock at the destruction. You suddenly realize that you are powerless against Cornelius now. He had his, your mother's, and your magic now. So what could you do? Simple...you wouldn't do anything. You turn to Black. "Please...do something! Don't run away this time!" He looks at you with love and compassion. Even if he still looked fearful.

"I will try...just for you." He smirks but quickly returns to his serious demeanor as he pulls out his wand. "Cornelius!" He shouts. A woman appeared in the hallway wearing a magenta dress with glasses and dark brown hair. "Violet?"

"It seems you remember me." She smirks and pulls her wand out. "Let's see how well you fight old man." Everyone is at a standstill. They all know this is the beginning of the end. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 0 5
The war is over, Voldemort is dead, and all should be well, but some are experiencing the effects of war more severely. This is a story where the hea...
800 17 15
Amelia Potter, a girl who looks likes her mother but has her fathers hair color, is back for her third year at Hogwarts. Sirius Black had escaped Azk...
112K 3.4K 54
When Regulus is forced to tutor James in potions, he starts thinking James is not how he pictured him. When Evan starts drawing back from his friends...
2K 54 16
The irony, that the golden bird cage was a reflection of herself- a worthy possession of her dammed soul. Literally. sirius black x fem!oc A/n 2024...