Mr. Casanova (A Medical Roman...

By shru_du

Valentino Woodland is the ultimate playboy, and his new target is the ultimate sophisticated Miss Perfect str... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen

Nine

90 6 1
By shru_du

Disha sat down on the bench outside the ICU. This doesn't feel right being on this side of the door. She called Christopher. And Disha knows that he won't be happy knowing the condition of his brother. But why did he take those many pills on purpose? Couldn't he see it would have harmed him? He is a doctor for god's sake. Can't he see that it is plainly wrong?

Disha called Christopher and her hands shook. But she had to call and inform him. Christopher picked after a few rings. "Disha, I was about to call you to talk. I cannot get Val on the phone. He was supposed to pick something up for the medical camp." Disha didn't say a word for a minute or two. Then she mustered up her courage and said softly "Chris, it's Val. He had overdosed on pain medication. The doctors... they... they don't know what was going to happen to him."

Christopher was shocked hearing that. He was hoping that his brother doesn't do anything foolish like this. "Disha, don't worry. I am coming alright, get him transferred to Woodland and if they refuse, then tell them it is the brother who is signing the consent form. Better yet, I will talk to them. Alright, don't worry. He will be alright. He always tries to fool us this way." Christopher assured her. Disha cut the call and decided to follow Christopher's instructions for now. She didn't want to go against his wishes.

It had been a week since he was in the hospital. Christopher had stopped his trip and came back. Pia was also worried about Valentino. But she was more concerned about Disha. She knew he must be blaming herself for Valentino's condition. 

That was something Pia was concerned about. "Hey, I brought you some coffee, are you sure you do not want to go home?" Pia asked Disha. "No, I am fine here. I want for him to wake up, when he does, we will go home together." Disha said holding the coffee in her hand.

Pia walked towards Christopher who was very distressed. "How is she doing?" He asked Pia. "Not good, she is blaming herself and still refused to go home. I don't know what to do with her." She told Christopher. "I am worried about Disha; she is not taking it well. She had grown thin and frail. It is like some guilt had been eating her up from inside." Christopher hugged Pia.

 "I know little pixie; I can see it. I am worried about both of them. And it doesn't help that my mother is constantly trying to evict her from Valentino's room." Christopher saw Disha lurking around his cabin trying to get a glimpse of him.

"Can you not talk to your mother about it? Disha needs to be in there with Val, otherwise, the next patient we would be putting in ICU would be her. I don't want it to happen. I cannot see her going down this way." Pia was in distress and that was the last thing that he wanted to see.

 "It is alright Pia, I will talk to my mom, and hope that she doesn't make a big deal out of this. You know how she is, and how she always tries to blame others for her mistake." Pia nodded and Christopher kissed her forehead.

"Do not stress yourself, or you will stress the baby. Ok, little pixie? Leave everything over me. I will sort it out." Christopher assured her. Both of them looked at Disha who was still watching Valentino from the little window by the door of his cabin. He was sleeping away peacefully.

 "You are making up for all those sleepless nights aren't you, Val? I am sorry that I tired you out that much. I didn't mean to do it. Forgive me? Will you not open your eyes, I promise I will never complain about food ever again. I promise you." She whispered.

"You again? As if pushing my son into a coma wasn't enough. You are here to make sure the job is done properly. Want to finish what you have started don't you?" Christopher's mother asks. "I wish my sons never met you bunch, one is already destroyed Christopher's life and now you are trying to do the same with Valentino. I will not allow it. You will not ruin my son's life this way." 

Disha was speechless. What could she have said, that his mother was wrong, that her intentions were not wrong about him? That she wanted what was best for Valentino? But nothing came out of her mouth.

"I would appreciate it if you do not jump to conclusions about a brilliant doctor here, Mrs. Woodland." Disha looked towards the cold grey-green orbs of her potential savior. Eros wasn't having that; everyone was bullying Disha for no reason. He can sense that deep sadness within her. It made him almost want to protect her from all those prying eyes. He doesn't know why. She was one of them, one of the rivals.

"What do you know boy, about my family? Weren't you the one keep dragging my son throughout medical school? God riddance when you two break apart. I was so happy that I had organized a charitable fundraiser." Eros wasn't even phased by it. "I don't care, lady, whatever you want to think about me, you can think because you do not pay for my bread and butter, I don't care what you think about me at all." He said to her. Then he took Disha's hand and pulled her away to everyone's surprise.

"I will tell you this once, Disha Seth, so listen to me very carefully. You shall never let anyone talk you down. You are strong, you are independent and you are fierce, even a bullet to the chest couldn't stop you from doing what you love. And being with the one you want to. Do not let anyone else tell you otherwise." He told her. Disha nodded looking into those eyes of his. She never expected this kind of kindness from him.

Disha was shocked so was everyone else around them. "Now, would you like to eat something? I could take you..." "No, I only want to stay by his side. If he wakes up and doesn't find me next to him, he will panic and I cannot let that happen." Disha said trying to make him understand her predicament. She was someone everyone failed to understand clearly. Everyone except for Valentino. That is why he was precious to her.

She hugged Eros, he wasn't expecting it. "Tell me, Eros, tell me that he will be alright." She asked him. "Yes, he will be alright. I know he will be. So don't you worry about anything?" She nodded and he handed her his handkerchief. 

"Here, wipe your face." She accepted it and the kindness that he had bestowed upon her for some reason. Eros walked away planning to check up on Valentino's medical records. He would want to know, why isn't waking up even after the toxin had been removed from his body.

"I cannot watch her in this state," Mia said not looking around. Eros was passing by it had been a month. How long can they keep this up? But who will tell this to Disha? No one wants to deliver the bad news to her. No one wants to tell her that she may have to say goodbye to Valentino. No one was ready for that. "Miss D'Silva, I presume? I don't want to sound obvious but it is obvious, he isn't responding well to the treatments, we might not be able to do anything regarding this."

Mia looked at Eros wondering why he always lurking around Disha. "And you would be so happy if he doesn't wake up at all. I can see how you have taken a liking to my friend Disha." Mia accused him. He chuckled. "So, what if I did Miss D' Silva, what is wrong with that? I can take a liking to anyone, I can take a liking to Miss Seth there, and you cannot say that I cannot pursue her. Now, let's talk about Valentino here. For me he is a face, the face I can treat, and I can cure. No matter even if he happens to be my arch nemesis, I do not care. For me, it will be only another success in my name." Eros said looking at Mia.

Disha walked out. "Are you done for the day Miss Seth? I need your assistance now. If you could help me. I cannot seem to figure out this design." Disha nodded and said a little goodbye to Mia and walked away with Eros. Mia found it a little odd that Disha is associating with Eros. Mia wanted to ask her what was gotten into her lately.

Disha walked back to Valentino's cabin. Her usual routine for the past month. But she came a little earlier today. Disha saw a nurse inside the cabin she was pushing something into the IV drip of Valentino. But Disha remembered his medication and dosage by heart. And that is an unscheduled one.

She was quick to walk towards the cabin and then hold the nurse's hand. The syringe fell down on the floor. "What are you doing here? Who had given you permission to give him the injection? Who the hell are you?" Disha asked. 

The nurse pushed Disha away and ran out. Disha too ran out after her. She frantically tried to catch that woman who she knew was trying to harm Valentino. She shouted for security trying to not lose sight of the woman.

But Disha lost her in midst of the crowd. She tried to search for her. But Disha couldn't find her. But then Disha realized that she had left Valentino in danger. So, she ran towards his cabin trying to get help. She dialed Christopher's number.

"Disha, is everything alright?" Christopher asked. "No, someone is after Valentino. I saw a nurse push something into his IV. I think it is why he isn't waking up." Christopher walked towards his car upon hearing it. "Alright retrieve that syringe. And do not let it make contact with your skin, ok. I will be there in five. And Disha, please don't hurt yourself again." With that said he cut the call.

Christopher reached as he said in five minutes. "Disha" He called, entering the cabin where Valentino was. "Where is the syringe?" Christopher asked getting in. "here I have put it inside the pouch. Chris, is this why Val is not getting up?" Disha asked.

 "Can be, we cannot say for sure. But till we know, we cannot keep him here. We need to shift him; can you take care of him?" Christopher asked. "Yes, you don't have to ask it. I will do it in a heartbeat." Christopher nodded. "Thank you, Disha, then you don't mind shifting to another location for a couple of months? Consider it as a vacation"

Christopher called Eros. "I need a favor; I need to shift my brother into the beach house. If you..." "Is Miss Seth would be going too?" He asked to surprise Christopher. "Yes, she will be there with Valentino." He informed him. 

"Very well, I will make the arrangements. And you better check your security for that footage to see how many times that dose was administered." Christopher wasn't shocked that he knew.

"Do you know what they had injected into him?" Eros chuckled. "If I haven't, who would have? You weren't clearly smart enough to figure that out Woodland. You are pathetic. But consider this as a favor. I already sent my man with the antidote. But we might need several dosages before he can detoxify fully out of it. And if even a little bit was injected more, he would have died. You should thank Miss Seth for intervening in time." Christopher pinched the bridge of his nose. He was feeling tired.

"Yes, I know and I am thankful for her cleverness. If she wasn't there, my brother would be in more trouble than he was now. I am thankful to her. That is why I am sending them away for a month or do you need more time to administer the dosage?" Christopher asked.

 "No, one month is enough. But do you think it is wise to get Miss Seth to suffer this way? She is already feeling guilty enough. Do you wish her to feel more guilty for this?"

Christopher shook his head to clear it out of wayward thoughts. He was being selfish in this, but he needs her to be with him. Only Disha had managed to connect with him. He cannot waste this wonderful opportunity. For he fears that something bad will happen to him if Disha walks away now. 

"I know what I am doing Eros. I know what my brother needs now. And he needs Disha. That is one thing that cannot be let go of. And if he has to do something immoral then he was so ready to do that.

"I have made my decision; it is necessary for Disha to accompany my brother. Can you make the arrangements or not?" Eros sighed. "Fine Woodland, you owe me one and you owe me a big one." He cut the call after thinking about Disha and then Mia's words came back to him. Why does he care anyway? 

She is like every other girl out there, isn't she? But then he knew the answer too, those girls were a unique brand that no one can compare to. And even if Disha refuses to go with Valentino, Valentino Woodland would never take no for an answer.

Only God knows what will happen to them in the future. 

Word Count: 2322 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 13.7K 33
The most dangerous people are those who have nothing to lose. Norman Blackford, the 22 year old self made billionaire playboy, literally lived by thi...
3.2M 60.9K 84
HEA ✔ no OWD/cheating 7 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 7 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 7 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙯𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧...
1.7M 48.5K 59
Book 1 in U-Tale Series: The CEO and Doctor Romance. •|One is the heartthrob billionaire, while the other is the hardcore doctor. •|She playfully ca...
355K 16.4K 67
RAVENS #1 BILLIONAIRE-MAFIA ROMANCE LIAM HASTINGTON, 30 He's a famous surgeon at NYC Hospital. Not only he's gifted, but he also has the looks that...