Holiday Hearts (Vi x Reader)

By Pumpkin-Carver

It's time for a much needed break. So when your friend Caitlyn Kiramman asks you to attend her yearly holiday... More

Information and Notes
Chapter 1 - A Long Trip
Chapter 2 - Icebreaker
Chapter 3 - The Last Leg
Chapter 4 - Grove Hollow
Chapter 5 - Movie Night
Chapter 6 - Into The Woods
Chapter 7 - Crossroad

Prologue - Road Trip Ready

615 17 3
By Pumpkin-Carver

"Y/N hurry up or you'll be late!"

Gah! Where did I put my phone?

In a mad rush to find my phone I throw my once neatly laid out blankets to the floor.

Still no sign of it, really?

"Have you seen my phone anywhere? I can't find it!" I yell down the stairs to my mother.

Goddammit, how did I manage to lose it? I just had it.

"Want me to call it for you?" she yells back.

"Yes please." I reply.

"It's ringing."

A few moments pass before I hear a faint buzzing coming from underneath my bed.

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

Ah ha! There you are. How did you get under here? Sneaky little phone.

"Did you find it?" My mother asks as I grab the phone and end the call.

"Yes, just grabbing my bags now."

"Well hurry up!"

I roll my eyes at my mothers impatience. Kneeling down I quickly shove a journal, my earbuds and a few of my favourite snacks into my backpack before slinging it over my shoulder and going to grab my big suitcase. I run out of my bedroom door, making sure to listen for the click before sprinting down the stairs. I don't want to come home to find out my door was open and that my mothers cat ate my poor hamster.

My mother is waiting in the living room and gets up as I reach the bottom of the staircase.

"Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, I think." I start listing off everything I packed hoping that if I have forgotten anything, I'll remember. "Clothes, toothbrush, Hot water bottle, jacket, scarf..." Why do I feel like something is missing?

"Are you taking your camera?"

Ah! Yes, my camera. I can't go without that. I need the pictures for work when I get back.

"Yes. I almost forgot about it, which would have been very bad. Thank you mother."

"Well hurry up and get it." She says while taking my luggage from me. "I'll put these in the boot and start the car."

I can't believe I nearly forgot my camera. I could use my phone but what's the fun in that? Plus it hardly has enough storage to function let alone all the photos I need to take.

Sprinting back upstairs and into my room, I find the black camera bag hanging just where I had left it; On the coat rack next to my wardrobe. I grab the bag, say my last goodbyes to Gimli and hurry back out of my bedroom hearing the click of my door behind me.

Holiday here I come! I can't wait!

I get into the car and my mother starts going through what I should do if any emergencies happen.

"I know mother. You tell me this every time I leave the house." I smile.

She's so predictable. You would think that since I'm going on holiday with not one, but two police ladies, she wouldn't worry so much. Yet, here she is acting like I'll be murdered the instant I get to Caitlyn's holiday home.

"I'm just making sure you stay safe Y/N. I'm your mother after all. I'm allowed to worry about you."

I laugh and remind my mother that Caitlyn is a part of the police. I also remind her that Caitlyn's co-worker is coming with us as well as Jayce and Viktor. She seems to relax a little at being reminded that Caitlyn will be there but she then starts stressing over this mystery co-worker.

"Well who's her co-worker then? Have you met them before?" She starts quizzing. I know that for the rest of the car ride I'll be interrogated about Caitlyn's co-worker. At least it's a short ride.

I sigh before replying. "No. I haven't met her yet. I think Caitlyn said her name was Vi."

"How old is she?" My mother continues.

Oh god. Here we go.

"I think she's about the same age as Caitlyn. So, 24ish?" I respond hoping that will be the last of her questions. It wasn't.

"Has she always lived here?"

I get my phone out and text Caitlyn that I shouldn't be too much longer.

"I'm not sure mother. I've never met her before. All I know is her name, rough age and that she's had a rough life. That's all Caitlyn has told me about her." I tell my mother while trying not to let irritation take hold.

I really don't know why she freaks out like this. If she's close enough to be coming on holiday with Caitlyn then she's clearly not some thug.

"What do you mean by 'rough life'?" She asks with concern clear in her tone.

"I don't know. I was just told she had a rough start in life. That's it." Shaking my head I continue. "You can ask her all these questions yourself once we get to Caitlyn's house."

I pray this poor woman isn't there when we get to Caitlyn's. No one deserves to be faced with my mother when she's trying to ensure I'm safe. No one.

The rest of the ride is spent with my mother telling me about how she doesn't like the sound of this woman. Luckily she can't deter or stop me from going.

We arrive at the front gates to Caitlyn's mansion and I can already see her standing outside with her father, Jayce and Viktor. A sigh of relief leaves my mouth when I don't see anyone new standing with them. Vi, you are one lucky girl. Not having to be questioned by my overbearing mother is a blessing.

"Caitlyn!" I yell as I get out of the car. She waves and then continues her conversation. I grab my belongings from the boot of the car and start walking towards the people carrier. My mother has already joined the conversation by the time I get to the car. I can hear her asking questions as I open the boot to put my suitcase and backpack safely inside. Everyone's bags are already packed neatly into the boot indicating that we should be leaving soon. The inside of the car smells like bubblegum and looks almost brand new. I can already tell that this holiday will be fun. A big smile lights up my face as I slam the boot shut and join the conversation.

"-I see. Well make sure nothing happens to Y/N please." I hear my mother stressing to everyone about my safety. Jayce seems to be trying to reassure her that I'm in good hands while Caitlyn tells her about all the training she's been through and how if anything happens she can handle it. Before my mother can ask more questions about the trip I speak up.

"Hello everyone." I chime while waving. I notice that Viktor is looking a bit more tired than he did last time I saw him. I wonder if he's okay? Should I ask or would that be rude?

"Y/N it's been ages since we last spoke. How are you?" Jayce asks as a big smile graces his features.

"I'm doing great, thanks for asking. It has been a long time since we last spoke. I've been very busy with my photography. Plus, I didn't want to see your ugly face again so soon." I joke. Jayce just shakes his head and lets out a laugh. He tells me not to worry about it and that the feeling was mutual. This time it's my turn to laugh. My laugh dies down and I look over to where Caitlyn, her father and my mother are standing only to see my mother asking more questions... This time it's about Caitlyn's training. After my mother is done bombarding Caitlyn, Caitlyn comes over to me and hugs me. I accept her hug graciously and give her a big squeeze which she returns before letting go.

"Have you gotten taller or am I getting shorter?" I ask, wondering why Caitlyn looks about 4 inches taller than normal.

"I'm wearing heels today. Maybe that's why I look taller to you?"

"Yeah, that's probably it." I say with a shrug. My attention gets shifted to Caitlyn's shoes and god damn are those some sexy heels! Ah, how I wish heels weren't so painful.

"Those shoes are to die for Cait!" She laughs, thanks me and starts talking about how her mother had gotten them for her as a birthday present. As our conversation drones on, a polite voice butts in. 

"Excuse me, but when do you think we will leaving?" Of course the voice belongs to Viktor. I always thought his accent was very unique in comparison to anyone else here. I'll have to ask him where he acquired it from at some point.

"As soon as Vi arrives we can leave." Caitlyn replies.

"And when will that be?" Viktor questions further.

From the few interactions I've had with Viktor, he seems like he has a good sense of humour. I guess I'll find out if my intuition is right during this trip. Who knows, maybe I'll end up with a new friend.

"She said she was almost here a few minutes ago. I can't imagine she will be much longer."

Caitlyn's answer seems to suffice as Viktor goes and leans up against a wall.

Turning to my mother, I tell her she can go back home and relax now. She gives me a hug and a quick lecture about being safe then she takes her leave.

Everyone goes back to talking about the trip and I can feel the excitement bubbling up inside me. I really needed a break and from the sounds of it, so did everyone else. Well all but Viktor who sounds more like he was dragged away his work by Jayce the mother hen.

Someone's phone goes off and I recognize the sound to be Caitlyn's phone. She looks at her phone and says "Vi's here. Apparently she's waiting for us at the gate."

I can hear Viktor speak up before I get a chance to. "Why is she waiting for us at the gates?"

"Aren't the gates open?" I add.

"Yes. But recently the gates have been a bit faulty. They keep shutting on their own. My father says he's called for someone to come look at it but no one has been to look at it yet." Jayce doesn't miss a beat and starts on about how he could have taken a look at it for them had she mentioned it sooner.

Isn't Vi waiting for us? As if reading my thoughts, Caitlyn's father speaks up. "Caitlyn isn't Vi waiting for you at the gates? It would be impolite to leave her waiting long." His tone is soft but firm. I always liked Caitlyn's father.

"Ah, yes. I guess we'll be going now. Goodbye father." Caitlyn says as she hugs her dad goodbye.

"Stay safe, all of you." her father says as everyone gets in the car and we set off.

"I have a good feeling about this." I think to myself. My smile never once faltering.

Authors Notes

Word count: 1856

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 39 6
"Know this, Silco. I didn't do this for you, or Zaun, or your cause. I did this for Jinx, and only her." Spark, just Spark, is a nobody running acros...
379 3 20
The most wanted criminal in Piltover, the infamous Jinx, is finally captured, much thanks to the sheriff's partner, Vi. Unfortunately, it happened a...
824 22 32
With a single pull of a trigger, one girl pushes Pilltover and Zaun down a bloody path towards an inescapable war. Lives will be broken, old bonds sh...
157K 6.5K 34
For all you Viktor simps xoxo There's an appalling lack of Viktor stuff on here so 𝓋ℴ𝒾𝓁𝒶! Have some classic cheesy x reader fanfic. Enjoy. (If yo...