The High Priestess

By DreamerGal12

Eternity, that's how long she's been around. Created at the same time as the universe she wonders. Deciding t... More

Character Cards
The 40's
Why the World Needs Superheroes
The "First" Meeting
First Trial Day
House of Mystery
Sometimes the Truth Hurts
Everything Ends with a BANG!
I'm the High Priestess
Dreams and Nightmares
I need more than a drink
Read All About It
I have No Other Function
New Housemates
Stupid Games
It's not Stealing, It's Borrowing
There are More
New Story
A Little Party Never Killed Nobody
I tried to Kill You & You tried to Kill Me

Villain or Victim

2.8K 86 9
By DreamerGal12

Leah arrived at the german prison with stride. A guard guides her to the prisoner's assigned jail cell. "Zemo you got a visitor," the guard annoyance. He turns to her for a moment. "Let me know if you need anything." 

"Thank you but I think I got it from here." Leah approaches the glass cell. "Helmut Zemo, never thought we would come face to face."

"I'm sorry but I don't believe we have met." Zemo was confused by this woman's appearance. He was sure the two of them never crossed paths. He also knew she wasn't Hydra or a former S.H.I.E.L.D. operative. 

"No we haven't but I need something from you if you provide it." Looking intrigued at her offer. 

"What is it that you need?" 

"Your side of the story," she says honestly. Her answer took him a bit back. 

"Why do you want to know?"

"My name is Mai Ytinrete and I'm an investigative reporter. I work for the High Priestess." There was a shine in his eye. 

"No you don't." She raises an eyebrow slightly challenging. "You see I read the article very intriguing if I do say so myself. I also read some other articles. Must say I'm very impressed at what power these articles have. How many secrets they have exposed. You may be able to trick everyone but I'm too smart for your tricks. I'm able to read between the lines. As much as you deny it you are the High Priestess."

"You caught me," she admits with no hesitation. "Does that change anything." He shakes his head. 

"No, it makes it more interesting to talk to you." Taking a seat on his cell bed. "What do you want to know?" She takes a seat in front of his cell and takes out a notebook and pen. 

"I want to hear your side of the story from the very beginning. Where everything all started."

"Why do you want to know?" 

"To be honest, I mostly want to help Sergeant Barnes, as you know as in the Winter Soldiers. As in the man you used to take your revenge."

"Fair point. So what are you going to do with the information?"

"Over the years the court of public opinion has worked in my favor. Everyone sees him as the villain not the victim of Hydra's agenda. I'm trying to get people to see all sides of the problem. Even you can't disagree since you used him also. I already have all the other information I need and you are the final piece in my chess game." 

"You are an interesting woman I like you." She smirks as she clicks her pen. "I will tell you everything you want to know." 

For the next hour Leah interviewed Zemo. She pauses for a moment as the outer cell door opens.  "Is there something wrong?" she questions the guards.

"You need to come with us ma'am," the male guard states. Taking notice of their rigid posture she knows they are not here to tell her visiting hours are over. Carefully she puts her stuff away before standing up. 

"May I ask why? I was told I could leave once I got everything I needed."

"Just following orders ma'am," the female guard states. 

"Whose orders?" Leah questions. "I'm not going anywhere with you two unless you want to tell me who gave you the orders." In a blink of an eye they attack her. Of course they just thought she was some reporter. With no effort at all she knocks them both out. "Ametures," she snickers. 

"Looks like they are onto you," Zemo points out. 

"Yeah but they're not doing a good job." Pulling off the jacket and hat off the female guard placing them on herself. She changes her hair from the dark purple she had to the guard's honey blond. "How do I look?" she asks Zemo. He shrugs slightly. 

"If I was an idiot I would believe it, so you're good." Rolling her eyes at his nonchalant reply. "Although I didn't expect you to be enhanced."

"Technically I'm not. However, that's a story for another time. Let's keep this between ourselves."

"I have no problem with that." Just to be cruel she handcuffed the female guard's leg to the male guard's opposite wrist. She gives Zemo a mock salute before strolling out of the prison. 

"What do you mean she's gone?!" Secretary Ross  yelled at the prison guards. 

"Sir, we didn't expect her to be highly trained. We also don't have anyone who matched her description leaving the building," the warden explains. 

"How did she get that blasted interview with Zemo? Who authorized it?"

"According to our records she had a clearance far beyond anyone of us here. Looks like someone who might work under you." Ross turns to his team. 

"I want everything you can find on this girl. And find out who the hell gave her the clearance!" Ross stomps away to get back to D.C. 

Leah was finishing writing her article at a local cafe when someone sat across from her. "You have something for me? If not then get lost." 

"Is that anyway you treat your friend?" the male voice asks sarcastically. 

"Are you still running around with the overgrown pigeon?" she retorts. He snickers as he knows who she's talking about.

"You know he hates it when you call him that."

"Exactly why I keep doing it. I already have to deal with a guy who has an alien parasite. Then there's you with your three person act. Anyways you have anything for me?"

"You send me to Germany on a treasure hunt and expect me to come to you with nothing. Show how much you believe in my abilities." She gave him a deadpan look in return. "I have exactly what you asked for. Might throw in a little something extra to fit your fancy." Holding out a flash drive containing the data she wanted. As she goes to grab it he pulls it away. "Ah ah ah, you want to tell me why you want it first." She tilts her head in slight annoyance. 

"I'm turning the world on its head. However, I need all the evidence I can get for my plan to work. I couldn't be in two places at once so that's where you come in. Secretary Ross is already looking for me. It's like I said I need everything I can get my hands on." 

"Alright only because I want to get paid," he says as he hands the flash drive over. 

"That's a good little mercenary," she teases. He rolls his eyes in return. "No really thank you, Marc."

"Yeah well work has been kind of slow. We all need a way to make a living." 

"Of course I heard the merc business didn't work out. Especially since you have that pigeon following you around." 

"Again he hates it when you call him that. You're lucky I like you, Eternity." 

"Well that's a given I annoy many people until they like me. Why do you think Eddie puts up with me so much." 

"He only puts up with you cause Venom will complain. You make the guy want to pull his hair out." 

"It's all part of my charm." She notices that a government issued van parked not so far away from them. "Looks like that's my cue to leave. I'll see you around, Marc." She quickly packs up her stuff to make a quick exit. Marc noticed what made her so antsy. He gives her a nod of understanding. 

"Alright stay safe and please don't cause any more trouble." 

"No promises," she says cheekily. Quickly she makes herself scarce and gets the farthest away from the cafe. 

In Wakanda Shuri was taking to Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson about Bucky Barnes progress. "He will need more time before Hydra is completely erased from his mind." 

"Thank you for all you have done," Steve expresses his gratitude. "I don't know how we would have undone Hydra's brainwashing." 

"It is no problem." That is when Shuri remembered something. "Oh before I almost forget there was something I wanted to ask you about." Steve was slightly worried. 

"What is it?" There was slight worry in his tone. 

"Bucky was talking about this girl. She was a nurse of some sort. He remembers her clear grey eyes." Steve sighs as he figures it out. 

"Leah," he says. "She was a nurse during the war. I met her first at a Stark Expo. She was then recruited by Dr. Erskine and Howard Stark." 

"Why did they recruit her?" Sam questions slightly curious. Steve thinks about it for a moment. He never really found out why they hired her specifically. Brushing it off as that she was a good nurse. 

"To be honest I don't know. She seemed to always pop up. In fact she treated Bucky when I rescued him the first time." Turning to Shuri he asks, "are you saying he's starting to remember her?"

"No it's the exact opposite actually," Shuri admits, "Bucky admitted that she's the only thing he always remembered. That no matter how many times Hydra wiped his memory she was the only memory he held onto."

"He only met Leah once. She was sent to the front lines right after meeting him. Why is she the only memory that can't be erased?" 

"I do not know. All that I know is that she may hold the key to completely erasing Hydra from Bucky's mind."  

"I don't know what happened to her. She left once the war was over. Fury didn't give me any of her records." Shuri was going to say something when T'challa walked into the lab. 

"Your highness, it's good to see you," Steve greets him. 

"You as well Captain," T'challa greets him back. "I have some news. Your government has decided to give Sgt. Barnes a trial. There are also rumors swirling about the Sokovia Accords might be repealed." Shock goes through Steve and Sam. There was such strong support for the Accords when they went into hiding. There was no talk about having them appealed. Now there was a consideration of it. What changed, what made people change their minds.

"What do you mean?" Sam tries to clarify. "We have been on the run for over a year now and now you're telling me that we may not be soon?" 

"To some extent, there are still a couple things that need to happen before then. Also Sgt. Barnes trial will be complete separate."

"What got them to take it into consideration?" Steve asks. 

"There are articles that have been published calling everything into question. Shuri, pull them up will you. They were both written by the High Priestess." She pulls them up on her tablet before passing it to Steve. 

"I've heard of the High Priestess," Shuri states, "she is an excellent investigative reporter. No one knows her identity. She has reported on some high level stuff. I've read all her articles and they are extremely well written." Steve reads the articles "Why the World Needs Superheroes" and "The Winter Soldier: Villain or Victim". They showed all sides of events that took place. He was surprised to see that there were quotes from Zemo within her work. Zemo admits to using Bucky to tear the Avengers apart. That it all had to do with making the two most influential Avengers fall. Showing the world how flawed they all are and how easily they could fall. 

"I've read her stuff before," Sam admits "Girl is not afraid to step on some toes. I remember one time she revealed a politician's illicit affair with evidence and everything. Things got crazy after that. If she's on our side I'm glad." 

"Let's take this one step at a time," Steve advises. "I'm going to make some calls and see how all of this is going to go down. I don't want to have us walking into something we aren't prepared for." 

"I'll contact Wanda and Tictac," Sam states. 

"I've been in contact with Director Fury," T'challa adds. "He will keep us informed." 

"Good the more we know the better. I'll be the one that contacts Natasha." Steve then turns to Shuri, "can you look up what happened to Leah Azure. She was the nurse we were talking about."

"I'll see what I can find. Wait did you say Azure?"

"Yeah that was her last name." 

"One of the reporters who is known as one of the High Priestess's associates is named Mikaela Azure," Shuri points out. "Her and another reporter Eddie Brock run a site together. All of the High Priestess's articles are on that site." 

"You think she may be a relative?" T'challa suggest. 

"Possibly, it could be a coincidence. I mean what are the odds that a relative of someone who knew both Captain Rogers and Sgt. Barnes is trying to help clear their names. That would be mind blowing."

"Well whatever it is we can figure it out once we get back to the states," Steve reaffirms. "It can be completely unrelated. We'll proceed with caution." 

"As you wish," T'challa agrees. "Wilson and I will get everything necessary for your return to the U.S." Both Sam and T'challa head off. 

"And I will inform Bucky and prepare him," Shuri states before walking off also. Steve looks out the window overlooking all of Wakanda. Many thoughts going through his head. The Sokovia Accords that divided the Avenger may be repealed. Bucky might get a chance to live a normal life. There might be a chance that someone from their past is acting like a guardian angel. There might be a chance she has a living relative who is helping them. Is she a niece like Sharon, or maybe a daughter or granddaughter. He didn't know Leah that long but he would call her a friend. If it wasn't for her he might have second guess trying one last time to get  into the military. She was the first girl to reject Bucky and it left an impression, a good one at  that. Hopefully he will be able to thank her if he does see her. 

Little did he know that Leah is a lot more involved than he thinks. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 68 38
An alien threatens to wipe out half of all life on Earth. Pure genocide. The heroes try their best to stop him, but ultimately fail in the end. Tim...
7.8K 452 22
Andreas Parker has always been the nerdy kid. The judged kid, the weird kid no one ever wanted to be friends with. Though her whole life got changed...
69.1K 1.9K 20
ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴛ [ᴄᴏ·ᴠᴇʀᴛ] ᴀᴅᴊᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ 1. ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇᴀʟᴇᴅ; sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ; ᴅɪsɢᴜɪsᴇᴅ 2. ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ; sʜᴇʟᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ (Y/N) (L/N) was always curious about her parents' job. Oftentimes...
30.1K 995 40
She was the gem of SHIELD, the one that everyone knew of, but no one had seen or met, except Nick Fury. She was talked about by everyone, all hoping...