The Fire Between Us {Neteyam...

By sayam5678

You are the daughter of the Chief of the Ash People who reside in the volcanoes. As you struggle with a troub... More

The Fire Between Us
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
33.
34.
35.
The End.

20.

1.8K 67 66
By sayam5678

(Y/n) POV:

"My Tonowari! What happened?"

"The Ash People attacked us and he got injured while we were running away" Jake Sully states as he rests the Chief's body on the ground of the chief's pod.

"Everyone move." Ronal sits down beside his body and begins to stick needles into his skin while preforming sacred actions in hope of her mate healing.

"Leave us."

We all exit the pod and the 4 bluer Na'vi stand in front of me, ready to speak.

"Thank you for saving us (Y/n)."

"Your welcome. With all due respect, I warned you about going but you still went?"

Neytiri takes in a deep breath and says "we were wrong to go. You were right, they attacked."

"They attacked because you hid and watched their movements. Doing that is an offence for the Ash People and not taken lightly."

"We will heed your warning next time."

I nod and leave the Sully's because I know they have much to discuss. I head to my pod and as I am walking, I see the Metkayina wearing worried looks for their Chief. That's interesting. If my father were injured, the Ash People would laugh and celebrate. It is common to hate and fear the chief rather than respect them.

I step into my pod and my eyes widen in curiosity when I see Tuk and Tehiti making something on the floor.

"Hi sister! Look what Tuk and I made! It's a toy boat."

"Yeah isn't it so pretty? Tehiti and me are going down to the beach to collect some glowing seashells to put on the boat. Would you like to come (Y/n)?" Tuk smiles so bright and I smirk at Tehiti who blushes and looks down, trying to hide his flustered face. How could I refuse?

"Sure I will come. But first we eat. Tuk come join us." The three of us begin to bring the leftover food from yesterday on the table and begin eating.

"So Tuk. Do you like hanging out with Tehiti?"

"Yeah he's my best friend we have so much fun together. I don't want you guys to leave!" Tuk whines. I smile at her and playfully ruffle Tehiti's hair, after which he grins shyly.

"You know (Y/n), my brother talks about you all the time to me and Kiri" Tuk states and my ears perk up at this and I ask "really? What does he say?"

"He just talks about how amazing you are, like he admires you, differently."

"Differently how?" What does Neteyam think of me?

"I can't tell!" Tuk gets up and runs towards the entrance of the pod while giggling and I get up and try to catch her, but she's too quick.

Tuk pops her head back in and says "come on guys let's go get seashells!"

We follow behind her and walk down to the beach, my hand entwined in Tehiti's.

He looks up at me and says "(Y/n), remember when we first came here, we were so serious!" He snorts and I break out into laughter. "Yeah I was death staring into Tonowari's soul. May Eywa heal him." I suddenly think of the chief who has still not woken up from his injuries. I could easily heal him with my products but Ronal won't let me get close. She and Neytiri don't trust me. Smart women indeed.

"Sister."

"Yeah?"

"Do you miss him...father?" I'm taken aback by his sudden shift in tone and words.

"W-well. No. Tehiti he made our lives so difficult. He never showed he cared or even acknowledged that you were just a child and needed a good father, not an abusive one."

"Yes I know. But then why do I care for him?"

"Because you have kind heart, my little spark."

Tehiti smiles and pulls me in a hug. I kiss his head while rubbing his back, gently whispering in his ear that "we will be ok. I won't let him hurt you."

"Guys come onnnn!!" Tuk yells from the beach.

Tehiti and I head down the steps towards her. Once we arrive I notice it's too dark to see any seashells, whatever they are. I've never heard of them before.

"Tuk, how are we supposed to see these seashells? What do they look like?"

But someone else replies...

"It is a small shell with a hard outer layer filled with different patterns. They will glow, but never as bright as you do."

I turn around to see Neteyam right behind me. What does he mean and why is he here? I mean i'm not complaining.

"Hey."

"What are you doing here?" I ask and he grins while replying "I usually help Tuk collect seashells. Mind if I join?"

Tuk jumps with excitement and says "yes! Tehiti and I will look over there and you two can look here. Bye!" Tuk takes Tehiti's hand and drags him to the far side of the beach. Once they are gone, Neteyam begins to bend down and collect seashells that vividly glow beneath the smooth sand.

"Neteyam. Is Tonowari alright?"

"He still hasn't awakened. The whole clan is worried. All we can do is wait."

"I see." I spot some glowing shells and bend down to collect them, Neteyam doing the same by my side.

"(Y/n) I made a joke. Wanna hear it?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you like volcanoes?" Neteyam grins so wide and I prepare myself for something silly.

"Why?"

"Because they are so lavable. Get it? Lavable!"

I giggle and Neteyam smiles brightly by my reaction and pinches my shoulder.

"You skwang! What was that for?"

"Just wanted to make you smile. And look it worked!" I laugh more now, completely astonished by his stupidity yet it's so adorable.

"Now they can call you the mighty joker!"

Now Neteyam begins to laugh and says "don't tell that to Lo'ak he wouldn't stop teasing me!"

"Oh i'm definitely telling him!" I get up but Neteyam pulls me back down by my hand.

He looks at me with a serious expression and my smile disappears in an instant.

"You shouldn't talk to Lo'ak."

"Why..."

"Well...him and my mom think you're here to destroy the Metkayina Clan and kill us all. I told them it's so stupid. That wouldn't happen."

"Yeah that wouldn't happen at all" I reply. I'm not sure if my words are lies.

I sit in silence now, thinking about what to do. Thinking about the consequences if I go against my father. The Ash Clan would never forgive me and hunt me down until i'm dead. Traitors are highly intolerable in the Ash Clan.

"You know (Y/n), if it weren't for your necklace I wouldn't be alive right now." His voice snaps me out of my train of thought.

"I'm glad it helped you. I made it myself you know. I found crystals deep in the rocks, but I chose rubies."

"Why rubies?" Neteyam asks. He stops collecting and sits down on the sand facing towards me. I continue to collect seashells while talking to him.

"Because it is a protective stone that may bring happiness and passion into the life of the wearer. Never really did when I wore it."

"Really? Because that's all I've felt when I first saw you, love."

I try not to show how flustered he's making me feel by putting my head down and digging the sand to look for more shells. Instead I question his choice of words.

"Love? Do you say that to every girl you meet?"

"No. Just you" he replies, his accent heavy.

I smile and notice a big seashell in between us. We both reach for it at the same time, and our hands touch. I look into his eyes to find him looking at me already. Goodness he's so handsome. I could stare at him forever.

Just then the horn blows loudly and the Metkayina yells at the top of his lungs.

"Everyone. Chief Tonowari is awake!"

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 569 15
Meiyíng never had a good relationship with her parents so she spends most of her time with the Chief's daughter Tsireya or exploring the sea. But wh...
197K 5.2K 30
Abandoned from birth. Trained to kill from a young age. obsessed with escaping earth and exploring the world of Pandora. A young girl finds a book al...
125K 3.1K 29
"I love you and I will do whatever it takes to prove that." Y/n is the daughter of Chief Tonowari and his wife Ronal. Her parents have it set that sh...
720K 22.1K 22
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ❥ The forest will forever be your home. No matter where your family moves you'll always be pulled back to the Omatikaya clan, your people. Th...