Strangers To Lovers

By marie200013

In a world where devotion and love clash, Ella Smith finds herself at a fork in the road. Driven by her need... More

Prologue
A Date with Destiny at Table Four
"Intoxication and Tension"
"The Unusual Proposal."
"Uncharted Territory of Hearts"
An Extraordinary Night
"Glamour and Distraction"
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Epilogue.

Chapter 39.

14 15 0
By marie200013

By the time Levi heard my yell, he had whirled around to face me, clenched his hand to resist the urge to throw my phone across the room, and put one palm over his chest. His hand started to tighten as he turned around to face me. A second time, the vibrations on my phone began, and I clenched my hand in response. Despite the fact that I am pleased that you are interested in my aid, I do not feel that Luke is bothered by the present circumstance. He gazed at me for a whole minute in a state of disbelief, and his eyebrows creased in sign of concern. "I doubt that my presence will motivate him to change anything," he said to reporters. You are perfect in every way imaginable. Simply put, Luke has been expressing to me how great his love for me is.

My question at the moment is, "Isn't it a little ridiculous for him to stop speaking to me because of his mom's insistence, when it is evident that he is so in love with me that it would be pointless to break up with me? Everyone keeps saying that it's true." "I know he has a reason for breaking up with me, but I also know that he has a reason for that." "I tried to be understanding," "I tried to be understanding," "I know he has a reason," "But I know he has a reason." I am finding that it becomes increasingly difficult to deal with each time he fails to communicate with me. When he is with someone else, I find myself wondering why I am required to wait for him.

My chest rose and sank as if I had been so worked up in front of him, and I felt humiliated by his behaviors. I felt as if I had become so worked up. "I am sorry for that, Ella. Why should I worry about his feelings? Does he wish that I understood what he is going through in front of me? It seemed that he was lacking in courage in standing up for his mother. Although it may not have been impossible, he put a soft glance on my shoulder, effectively muting me by putting a soft hand on my shoulder. You're right. It's likely that I even requested you to consider his sentiments before your own. In this case, I consider myself to have been self-centered. I realized I had upset him as I looked at the floor, a coil of remorse enveloping my insides. Levi wasn't a part of it. Actually, he was attempting to assist both Luke and myself. Checking his watch, Levi rose from the kitchen table. "Let's go then."

I blinked at him and said, "Huh?It would be irresponsible of me to let you hurt my brother and me while my mother is still at work. Would you want to go visit her?My father is now at work. "I didn't give it any thought at all, but I can't allow you to go about harming my brother and me." "What?" I can let Luke apologize, but I won't apologize for what he's doing. There is no point in planning if we do not put things together in order to accomplish it." After leaving the kitchen before me, I followed him all the way to the front door, where he put on his shoes. I did not apologize for what he was doing. When I informed you that I was going to speak to my mother, I believe I pretty well disintegrated immediately after that. Upon realizing that we were not going to be able to visit Mrs. Connor, Levi grabbed my wrist and shook my head in amazement. I was shivering in shock. My mind was unable to accept it. Although he was in the process of shoving me out the door, I felt him grip my arm and respond with a "Yes."

He said, "I am the last person she wants to see," as he assisted me in passing through the door. "And I'm the one she wants to see the most." I think we'll form a fantastic team." I stood there motionlessly as he dug my keys out of my pocket and unlocked the doors to my car, ushering me into the driver's seat. After climbing into the passenger's seat, he stuck the keys in the ignition and twisted them. I attempted to shut the car back off but he batted my hand away. "Ella," he said, lips pulling into a deep frown. "What are we going to get out of doing this?You are aware that I had the intention of killing my mother, but I was unable to obtain as much information as I would have wanted since I was too far away. This is a welcome development.

Things will go forward more quickly if I am able to reintegrate into the company. All that is required is one thing. "All it takes is one thing to convince the board to terminate my mother." "Like kill her?!"No... "Yes that does make more sense doesn't it, ha ha," he continued, giving me a bewildered expression. When I finally grasped what he was doing, my eyes lighted up with excitement. "What are your goals once we get there?""My mother and I are going to meet shortly. I didn't question Levi's plan when he didn't elaborate because it seemed impossible because he was dragging me along with him. She's probably going to want me to go back to California right away, but she's a bit weaker than she used to be. And I don't mind. There is no need for her to worry about me telling her." "It seems that Luke was a bit startled last night by your sudden appearance." "You'll find out. He will get over it."

It was of the utmost importance that I did not interfere with her objectives. My nervousness had already taken control by the time I arrived at the hotel and parked my car. The moment she glanced at me, I could almost see her face in my mind. From where I was standing on the side of the road, gaggling at Levi as if I were still wearing my work slacks and t-shirt, I was unable to comprehend the concept that he had proposed. Quite a weird occurrence. My closet is a complete disaster!"Hey," he said, "you look fine." "I won't be going into your house because she's going to tear me down." "Ella, you don't need to worry about your clothes." "Hey," he said, "you look fine." Levi interrupted me and said, "There is nothing wrong with my thighs. The way you are is just perfect." I firmly held my thighs and closed my lips. The fact that you do not wear Louis Vuitton does not suggest that you are a terrible person.

When I found out that Levi was wearing damaged jeans himself, despite the fact that he was extremely different from me, I felt ashamed for a completely other reason. "You are perfect the way you are," I said as I closed my mouth and glanced at Levi, who was still wearing ripped jeans despite the fact that his shirt was wrinkled. I saw that Levi was looking at his shirt in a hurry. I responded with a nod and said, "Do you see?" He chuckled and gestured to the door as he said, "You just need to look like a self-conscious individual." "You'd have to beat me out for that title." "You're pretty good at words, aren't you?" he said. He smiled brightly and said, "We all have our own insecurities, so you can't let others make them more for you." His grin quickly got wider. Despite the fact that I was still anxious as I followed him, I made an effort to mentally prepare myself to disregard anything Mrs. Connor had to say and to avoid taking offense to what she presented.

As this was my very first time staying at a flagship hotel, I was completely taken aback by the interior design. In addition to having high ceilings and white marble flooring, the room exuded an aura of openness that was present across the whole area. Levi ignored the stunned desk clerk who was staring at him and shoving the other staff members as he made his way directly for the elevators. She spoke to her in a frantic manner, muttering something. When the elevator doors close, Levi is probably going to ask me, "Do the employees know who I am? I made my rounds trying to make sure that everyone was okay and that there were no questions, so I assume that the majority of them remember me." My mother has no trouble reaching them, and we take every precaution to keep her away from them. Therefore, I believe that Levi is asking me this question.

"It's not offensive," I said after some time had passed. While he smiled and stayed quiet, he said, "I'd quit if your mother breathed in my direction." When the elevator was getting close to the floor that I believed the main office would be on, it made a dinging sound, which led us to that particular place. One more time, the discomfort came, and this time it was so severe that Lee had to almost drag me out of the elevator. My effort to remove his hand from the golden handles was unsuccessful, and I informed him, "I shouldn't be here." He refused to release go of the handles. "You are important to my plan." "How?" "How?" "To persuade Luke to agree." "Agree with what?" He stopped in front of a pair of double doors made of tasteful dark wood and added, "You'll find out in about three seconds." He made one of the most impressive entrances I've ever seen by opening all of the doors at the same time for Luke. I cowered behind him while Mrs. Connor stood boldly in the doorway, giving the impression that she had been hit by someone at her desk. It seemed as if she had been struck.

Levi greeted his mother with a welcome that reverberated across the room as he came closer to her. "Hi mother," he addressed her. After moving behind him, I took a moment to take in my surroundings and discovered that everything was beautiful. One of the features of the journey was a large conference table that was encircled by cushioned chairs and adorned with many other stuff. A big portrait of Mrs. Connor was displayed behind the desk; it seemed to be a piece of art that would be suitable for a movie. As she tripped and spoke the name "L-Levi," her face became pale. It was a nod with his hand that he offered her. When he came to a complete halt in front of her, he said, "W-what do you actually want to do here?" Mrs. Connor and I both let out a scream as she said, "I'm back." She went on to say, "I'm here to take over the company. I'm reclaiming my spot as the heir to Onnor Hotels. I'm the next CEO." Mrs. Connor's initial shock quickly dissipated, and it was replaced with a sense of rage. Were these his plans all along?

Do you think he is making an attempt to confront his mother head-on? She glared at me with a frown on her face, and her eyes narrowed into slits as she did so. Due to the fact that her face was almost palpable, I reflexively took a step back. The level of her wrath was so high that it was practically palpable. It was her way of spitting at me, "You did that, didn't you?" That is a mystery to me. When will Levi be heading back? He was her son, wasn't he? It seemed as if she was trying to maneuver around the desk when Levi stepped in and extended his arm to her. He then questioned her for having the audacity to treat him in such a manner. It was Levi who drew her away from the crowd. I was stopped short in my tracks as Levi cried, "Leave her alone!" "Mother, she has nothing to do with my decision to come back." "As if I'll believe you." "I know that little bitch is involved in it." "Are you kidding?" He cut me off, screaming, "Ella."

As I listened, he said. As soon as Levi turned around to face Connor, Connor replied, "You do not appear to be mentally stable." She immediately summoned security, and Channing came to remove him from the building. Levi said, "I will not be leaving." When Levi exclaimed, "Mother!" I was taken aback because I didn't believe that someone who was so kind could be capable of making such a loud noise. In response to the words, "You're not right in your head, Levi! I'll get in touch with your therapist-" Levi started to scream, "Mother!" During the time that the woman was yelling, Levi's whole body trembled with anger. She said, "Enough. You don't have to make me do anything anymore. We can talk like adults now, or we can go straight to the board." The mother shifted her gaze between her son and me. Was it in any way intended for her to deal with Levi in the manner that she did? Didn't that happen to be the way Levi was supposed to be treated?

Why would a mother like her say anything like that? Levi was not deserving of the circumstance. After some time, she finally gave up and confessed that she needed to get her out of this establishment. Why would you bring someone of her sort here? "I brought her here for a reason." "We'll talk then." why would you bring she here? It seemed as if Levi was on the verge of having a heart attack since he was folding his arms over his chest and pressing his lips in a straight line formation. The way he expressed his fury made me realize that I had no concept what it was like to be really angry. Leaving Mrs. Connor when Levi tried to persuade her to apologize to me was very important because he was behaving in a manner that I did not comprehend. I was unable to comprehend his actions. Mrs. Connor went for the phone before Levi could intervene and prevent her from pressing the button on the phone that was now sitting on her desk.

It was then that she called out to me once again, heaving a long sigh and yelling, "Get out." At the same time, the police were making their way into the room to arrest Levi. I whirled on my heels and went out of the room in a hurry, and I didn't even need to be ordered twice to do both of those things. At the same time that I emerged from the room, I became aware of two imposing guys dressed in black suits strolling past. I very much sprinted around a corner in the corridor, hitting with another person and fell to the ground from the impact of the collision. My goal was to avoid being seen by anybody. With the hope that they would not know that I was the cause for their call, I hurriedly made my way towards the elevator. As for me, I have no notion what took place. I forced myself to look away and saw that she was a dark-haired young lady who was dressed in a long black dress that was most likely dusty at this point.

I tapped my head on their jaw, and at the same time, they both groaned. Please accept my apologies. Despite the fact that I dislike wearing heels, Luke's blind date smiled at me and said, "I'm not used to wearing heels." The smile disappeared as soon as the woman realized who she was. I was aware that the floors in this location are probably vacuumed every two minutes to ensure that they are not dusty, but I still said, "I'm sorry." I heard a familiar feminine voice respond, "I'm sorry too." As I heard Luke come to a halt in front of us, I felt a jolt of electricity go through my body. After maneuvering myself past Luke and the other two people, I tapped the down and up buttons on the elevator until I reached the door of the elevator. Oops, I didn't need it at that particular time.

At the instant when the elevator door shut, I found myself trapped inside of it. Her wheezing and the fact that her long, dark hair was damaged by the wind were both signs that she was running. Her breathing was somewhat heavy, which gave me the impression that she was running. During the time that I was saying, "You're Ella," I had my eyes locked on her, and my throat clenched as I extended her hand to her. I said, "Oh...," with a little bit of relief in my voice. It was Luke who boarded the elevator, but it was the brunette girl who did so. I braced myself and felt absolutely disoriented. Not only did I look at her, but I continued to look at her. She introduced herself as Clarissa. "I've heard a lot of good things about you."

"Don't give me that look. I assured her that I wasn't snatching her boyfriend and that I hadn't pressed the down and up buttons as much as I might have. When the elevator came a few seconds later, I leaped inside and relievedly pressed the close button, not caring where I went as long as I could get out of here. Getting out of here was the main goal of my intentions to leave. But they could not shut the instant the hand shot in. I was expecting this, but when the brunette female entered the elevator instead of Luke, I felt absolutely disoriented. I was stuck with her for the whole of the journey as soon as the door shut. Her brown hair was a jumble, and her breathing was heavy, so I knew she was sprinting after me. She wheezed, and my heart raced.

"I am Clarissa," she began, offering her hand to the other person. "You are Ella, aren't you?""Uh..." She extended her hand even farther, and I kept my attention fixed on her. A smile spread over her face as she said, "I have heard a lot about you, and I am happy to meet you." "Please do not see me like that." I am not interested in your dude. Our parents have requested that we should date." I suggest that you do the same. You need not be concerned about me. To give the impression that everything is well, we are only playing games. In reality, we don't know one another. I am aware that you may find this difficult to comprehend, but I have no idea who you are. I stood there looking foolish with my mouth hanging wide as my next words eluded me. "I'm gay," she said. "I stammered, realizing how flushed my cheeks were. Luke is an independent individual who has the authority to choose his own path in life.

It was then that I fired back, "Don't look so surprised." Clarissa removed the individual who was dressed in a business suit from the elevator, slammed the button that led to the door closing, and then punched through all of the floors. "Are you feeling less upset now? I'm just trying to keep Luke from you." Based on the way you answered, I guess he has not yet informed you about how we are just helping each other out, which is something I was hoping he would tell you. As soon as the elevator reached the next level, Clarissa pushed the guy who was dressed in a business suit back out of the elevator. After that, she pressed the button that closed the elevator, and then she pressed a number of floor numbers. I moved my feet and felt a tingling sensation over my whole body. Finally, I apologized to you for the way I had seen you in the past. "We're helping each other," she said in response. "I also get jealous of you."

In spite of the fact that our parents are exerting pressure on us in a variety of different ways, we have something in common "What makes you assisting him?" In addition to biting her lip, she pursed her lips and said, "Oh no. I truly needed help, and I sincerely apologize for asking your guy for it. Not you either," while she continued to bite her lip. The question that I posed was, "Don't you think things turn out in the end? It is very difficult for a best friend to be with someone else." Then why are you doing it for me, exactly?" I began to feel a knot in my throat, and I want you to feel as comfortable as possible. Please do not." She sighed. "Please do not." The situation did not work out. Luke had not broken up with me. He was not going on blind dates with a positive attitude. She asked, "Please feel free to ask me anything you need to feel better about."

The realization that I had made such a grave error in judgment caused my eyes to widen. Being envious of this girl was really difficult to do. That was something that I needed to improve on. Thinking about how my girlfriend feels and realizing that you're in the same boat made me want to do exactly what I would do for her."This made me laugh. I think that the same thing happens to me too, but I don't think it's worth getting close to her. "Aww, what a shame." The woman grimaced. "You might not get out alive." "Well, the short version." Luke's brother came back and told her he was taking over, but I think he rebelled against her for the first time." She covered her mouth with her hand and said, "Oh shit." It made me feel better now. It was because of it that I am feeling better today, and I stated it with a modest smile, "Yeah." I am feeling better now. As she proceeded, she gave me the stink look and then added, "Unfortunately, you are all going to Mrs. Connor." At this moment, I would not go see her either. I laughed off her behavior.

Luke's older brother advised her in a recent talk that she should expect him to take care of the situation. The words "I wouldn't go either." "Here's a quick version for you." "You might not make it out alive if you don't." She really muttered, "Oh my god," as she struggled to control her feelings. Oh my goodness! I cannot believe it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171 40 8
Under the cloak of night, as Doctor Emma White made her way home, fate intervened in a twist of destiny. With a single act of heroism, she unwittingl...
231K 11.5K 36
A young woman discovers her songwriter boyfriend has a secret life as an orphaned billionaire and former rock star in the UK, and learns they may bot...
90 0 9
Morgan is going back to school, again. Studying to be a chef specializing in confectionery, Morgan's had an eventful and tumultuous start to life. Ev...
2.2M 45.3K 28
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...