Strangers To Lovers

By marie200013

In a world where devotion and love clash, Ella Smith finds herself at a fork in the road. Driven by her need... More

Prologue
A Date with Destiny at Table Four
"Intoxication and Tension"
"The Unusual Proposal."
"Uncharted Territory of Hearts"
An Extraordinary Night
"Glamour and Distraction"
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Epilogue.

Chapter 38.

17 15 0
By marie200013

The manner in which Levi used to communicate was very astounding. While he had certain similarities with Luke, he was also considerably different from Luke in many ways. Levi was incredibly sweet, but more like Levi than Luke. Luke was also excellent. However, Levi was not always as terrible as Luke was. This was due to the fact that Levi was able to use vocabulary that was so refined and lovely that the typical person would not be able to use it. As time went on, I had a strange sensation. After just twenty-four hours of getting to know Levi, I couldn't help but feel strange and ask him, "Do you eat any vegetables?" I was curious about his vegetables consumption. As a result of him, I was reminded of characters written by John Green. It's hard for me to say whether or not anybody even talks in such way. While he was bending over the refrigerator, his brows were wrinkled in concentration. The question that I asked was, "I mean, do I consume any vegetables?"

While I was speaking, I grumbled and pulled my hair into a braid in an effort to regain control of my thoughts. He made the observation in a tone that was reminiscent of Luke. "Consume is a synonym for eat." Being that I haven't been to the grocery store since I moved here, I thought it would be a good idea for us to stock the refrigerator with food because you'll be staying here for a while. Given the length of time you will be staying here, I believe it would be prudent to stock the refrigerator. Considering that Troy had not been seen since about noon, I thought it would be best to fill the refrigerator with various items. Since it seems that my brother has not been around since he was released from jail, I was wondering whether he would be willing to take you with him if he were to return to this area. It had been some time since Troy had been seen, and it did not seem that he would be returning. "Maybe he'll take you if he gets back up here."

I was completely unaware of what he may be doing now that he had been freed from jail. Is there anything that you are working on with Donna? She maintained both a job and an education at the same time. After adding, "You're probably right," Levi gazed at me with an expression that was reminiscent of a puppy dog. I ought to acknowledge my regret. It is possible that Troy may return soon, which means that you will be alone yourself. "Oh, that's fine." "I'll go after work." "Oh, okay." Troy could be back soon." "You'll be alone." I forcefully shook the thought away from the back of my mind, picturing Levi in a maid uniform. "You can ask for assistance in whatever manner you need. It was then that I had the notion, "That's fine. I can do everything from cleaning your apartment to cooking your meals to doing the laundry." Simply make yourself comfortable and make yourself at home. "My cable and Internet have already been set up, and you are welcome to use my laptop if you find yourself bored." "I have my own, thank you more than anything."

"In the event that you need anything, I will provide you with my phone number, which I already own. I received the number from Henry. That makes perfect sense. "Oh." My curiosity led me to question if Channing had also provided Levi with my social security number. When Levi looked at me with a dazzling grin, I realized that I wasn't even bothered by it. This realization came about as a result of Levi's smile. As Troy sprang at me and put his arm over my shoulder, my heart took a deep breath and became stuck in my throat. As he stared at Levi, Troy responded, "Uh, Troy," freeing me from my presence and concentrating on Levi. "I'm really looking forward to hearing the greatest news about myself and my case that you're going to hear today-" "Uh, Troy, this is " Levi," Troy welcomed him. "It's been a long time," Levi laughed and shook Troy's hand. We met at Lang's, very wonderful to see you again.

I was on the verge of bursting out laughing. "Are you two friends?""Troy asked. I'd rather not have been talking to him about it, but then one drunk pool game brought us closer together. He was my partner during competitions, and Lang's still doing them." "You've never mentioned him before." "I didn't know my little sister had to know all my life details." I was blushing and looking at him with a blank expression. Levi responded by saying, "I don't. It's strange that you two know each other." "The same here. I haven't been to Lang's in a while." "I got arrested with some issues, so I'm in jail right now." Troy shook his head and let out a little sigh in reaction to Levi's statement. His brow became wrinkled.

Despite the fact that the duration of the story is not entirely obvious, this is the primary plot. Troy looked up at her and said, "Arrested?" He then asked, "How could you be?!" In spite of the fact that there was a lot of evidence that pointed in my direction, I was accused of doing something that I am absolutely confident I did not do. In addition, I was unable to provide a response to the query. It was impossible for even the most well-known attorney in New York to provide a response to this inquiry. Considering that I was driving my own vehicle to the location, it was only natural for me to steal a vehicle. It is likely that you have some unpleasant recollections related with Lang's and the vehicle accidents that you mentioned when you went over them. I decided to go drunk by myself, and there was no one around to vouch for me. I responded by saying, "I couldn't do the same." As Levi became more agitated, my brother and I also became more tense, and I attempted to prevent my brother from speaking.

The fact that both my brother and Luke's brother were involved in accidents in the vicinity of Lang's is an intriguing fact to take into consideration. When you are experiencing anxiety but you are unsure of what is causing it, isn't that a wonderful feeling? It makes you feel terrible all over because you are aware that there is something significant that you are forgetting, but you simply can't remember what it was. Suddenly, I was overcome with that sensation, a sense of inexplicable unease. Considering that what if it wasn't just a coincidence? "No," I spoke out loud without intending to do so. After a quick glance down, I became aware that my hands were trembling. It was impossible to do so. Dylan had assured me that they were not connected to each other. If they were, he would be aware of it since his father was Troy's representative.

With his eyebrows pushed together, Troy said, "You don't appear to be in good health to me." Are you planning on throwing up? I cleared my throat and forced those thoughts out of my brain as he made a move toward me and said, "Alright. There's the sink." I'll hang out with this guy since we have a lot of catching up to do, and I just realized that if I keep talking, I'm going to be late for work. "No, I just realized that." When you said that someone was staying with us, I had no idea that it would be someone I knew. Regardless, how did the two of you even get to be together? Troy took a glance inside the refrigerator after opening it. "We should order some food." "That's a good idea. Don't tell me you hooked up at the bar while I was gone. "Please don't listen to half the things that come out of his mouth," I whispered to Levi, who smiled back at me. Purchase anything from Levi. I'm not sure where my address is, but he was more knowledgeable about it than I was. "21 Acre Brook," Levi said. "That's correct... As a joke"

It is my understanding that Henry has just provided Levi with this knowledge so that I may make use of it. "I am leaving right now. When I stood at the door to put on my shoes, he said, "Don't burn down the house." The scenario was completely incomprehensible to me, and I frowned as I did so out of frustration. It's possible that it was me all along, although there are moments when I say things that would be inappropriate for a hotel heir. When I got closer to the entrance, I saw that I was having trouble moving forward. As I was making my way toward the entrance, the door abruptly opened, causing me to reverse my course and fall backwards. It was Channing's frown. I made a modest bow and extended both arms at the same time in order to request entry.

My heart is filled with enormous joy as I convey a cordial welcome to Ella at the residence. My greetings were as follows: "Hello, Channing." "I'm glad you're here." "Hello, Ella." "Thanks for visiting." "I'm glad you're here. Feel free to enter the house." One minute later, I frowned for a moment and then dropped the bag. Keeping a heavy plastic bag in one hand, he sidestepped me and went around me. Had I been the one who owned the house? In order to determine if Sebastian was also inside, I cast a quick peek outside. Quite shockingly, he was not present. Upon hearing my cry, Channing answered by saying, "I am going to work!" Having the knowledge that I could lock the door was a source of comfort, since practically everyone would have their keys on them anyhow. As soon as I walked inside the Coffee House, I shook my head, put my apron around my waist, washed my hands, and stated that I was relieved.

Immediately as Ariana had finished aiding a customer, I began cleaning the counters. As I was leaving my house at four o'clock in the morning, I asked her, "Did your brother make it home?" "Yeah, I just saw him." "Did he tell you what he had done?" "Still better than hobo." With a nod, I said, "I did." She questioned, "Did your brother have made it home?" "I did." I paused for a while when I spotted a single coffee bean on the counter and thought, "It's a little cute." "So you and Luke can get back together too!" I added, halting when I saw a single coffee bean. While my stomach was in knots and my foot was scraping the floor, I questioned and was perplexed. "You seriously think that?"

As I came to the realization that I was not in any kind of relationship at all, I scuffed my foot and felt ill to my stomach. I was just unable to believe it myself as I twisted my foot on the floor and thought, "There's no way he can resist you." I told myself, "I'm fine," as I twisted my foot on the ground. Everyone advised me to mind my own business, but I simply couldn't believe it myself. She encircled me in her arms and whispered, "Oh, you poor thing," as she embraced me. "I think I'm fine." "You're so heartbroken you don't even realize it." I was having trouble separating myself from her. "Hey, I said I'm fine, seriously. I'm old enough to realize things I can't control will happen to me." "Dude, the bags around your eyes are no joke. How much sleep are you getting?" "Enough," I whispered quietly. How did she come to be aware of this?

It was difficult for me to go asleep and much more difficult for me to remain asleep. On the other hand, it definitely had to be because I was sleeping in an unfamiliar location. None of this is related to Luke in any way. Not a single possibility existed. "Are you eating? You look thinner." "There's just no food in the house," I said to him. A tuttle was given by her. "I really am fine," I said, "you can't fool me." Even if he phones me drunk and says he loves me, I won't waste my time thinking about it since he is the one who destroyed our relationship. I will not let him deceive me. Even if I understand why he had to do it, he is free to do whatever he pleases. I was unable to play games of this kind since I did not have the time. My heart did not shatter in any way. I was confined to my home. "Ah, anger. The second phase of heartbreak. Hang in there, pal." "Ugh."

I was not even prepared to give it a second thought. There was an excessive amount of other activity going on. The fact that so many other people were trying to convey their feelings to me made it impossible for me to even begin to recognize my own feelings. Actually, it didn't really make a difference at this stage. If I wanted to go back to Luke at this very moment, I really wouldn't even attempt to get in touch with him. It is possible that Donna was right. You might say that I was harmed, or you could say that I wasn't hurt at all. Even I was unable to verbalize how I felt since there was so much going on and so much of it that I kept to myself. I cannot even begin to explain how I felt. To put it simply, I had become used to things. I was unable to comprehend that since it was the standard that I had been used to. I just put up with the blows, despite the fact that I was upset about them. Luke, after he was let down in the relationship he claimed to love, did not battle for the connection he pretended to cherish. He did not fight for the partnership.

It is almost impossible to refrain from laughing at Luke's behavior. Luke did not make a significant effort to maintain the connection when he was unsatisfied, and he surely did not make a lot of efforts to do so. It was a sigh. Due to the fact that listening to him go back and forth was causing me a headache, I cleaned the shelf that contained the pastries. As soon as Donna and I had finished closing the company, I made a mad dash for my automobile, but by the time I arrived, it was already close to six o'clock within the morning. In addition to everything else that I needed to accomplish, I completed it. I replied, "It's a grocery store," to the question. "I didn't lie about that, it is a grocery store." "Should Troy come over again tonight?" I said with curiosity. "Do you want Troy to come over again?" She responded with a grin and added, "You do not have to keep him over." "I don't mind if he sleeps with me."

I turned around to face her as he continued, "I know you don't have enough room." However, that is not at all the case. "Uh, too much information, Donna." When he answered, "I know you don't have enough space." "Don't say that to her. You might give the wrong impression." I held out my hands defensively, "Just anybody, really?" she said, growing scarlet. I questioned with a "Hmm..." Are you sure that you do not want Dylan to think that you are involved in a romantic relationship? "Don't look at me that way, Ella." "I didn't say anything." "It was strange indeed." "You don't want him to think you're dating.""As she huffed at me, placing both hands on her hips, I thought, "Oh, whatever. All I ask is that you keep Dylan in the dark about the fact that I have feelings for your brother.

From now on, I shall be honest. He jested, "I won't say anything about Troy," and he meant it. It was obvious that he was involved in a silent fight with Dylan. He said things like, "It doesn't bother me." "He's just kidding." "I'll keep my mouth shut." To answer your question, does anybody you know take your brother seriously? "All right, I'll keep my hands off Troy and not say anything.""It was very well said. Okay, I have to leave. I'll see you there tomorrow!"" "My farewell!"At six o'clock on a Sunday afternoon, the grocery store was surprisingly empty—not that I was complaining—allowing me to enter and exit without having to make my way through the crowded aisles. I wasn't sure exactly what I needed to get, but I reasoned that the necessities, like milk and cereal, would suffice for the time being.

Even though it was difficult to imagine someone like Lee eating Lucky Charms for dinner, I decided to include a box of plain Cheerios just in case. As I turned the corner into the produce section, I heard a familiar sound and knew right away that it was Bennett. I jerked my cart back into the bread aisle, almost running over an elderly woman who was passing by. Of course he would be here; I'd never seen him go grocery shopping once when I was living with him. I assumed he had Channing pick up his groceries, or had Amazon deliver them, but what were the chances that he would be here at the same time as me? That was annoying, but not surprising. My heart began to race.

He was just Luke. Not ignoring him would be childish, but we didn't have any relationship anymore, so it might be best to avoid him. I was more proud than that, but how could I face him after what happened the other night? Would it be awkward? Did he remember? If you want to ask him about it, now's a good time to. Maybe not at the grocery store. If you're in a small town, your mom might have ears all over the place. "Stop it," I warned my heart. It needed to calm down. I didn't need any reason to be nervous. I just needed to walk away and pretend I never saw him. But as I thought that, I realized I wanted to see him. I might have been beating so fast because I wanted to see him. In the absence of Luke, it was easy for me to forget, but when he was right next to me, all I wanted to do was talk to him, get his eyes on me. It was understandable if I asked him how he was, given how drunk he was the other night. I could do that. I wouldn't bring up anything serious. My decision was made, and I drove my cart back into the produce aisle.

I was afraid he was going to leave, but he was looking into an apple barrel near the fruit aisle, so I clutched my cart tightly. I told myself, "Do not make a fool of yourself, just say hi, don't make a fool of yourself." She answered, "You wash these apples because of the number of people who have touched them." He turned away from the apples, and then said, "That's why you wash them." I felt my heart stop. I thought he was talking to me when I first heard him, and when I turned to hide, I saw familiar long, brown hair.

I can't help but feel like I should run away, even though I know that Luke wouldn't mind if I told him I was his girlfriend. It was enough that the brown-haired girl pushed me to my place and said, "As a thank you for cooking me dinner tonight, I'll allow you to drive my car back." My chest tightens, even though I don't want to. The girl from Michelangelo's laughed and put her hand on Bennett's shoulder. Once Luke's mom broke up with us, I knew he would be forced on blind dates.
Because Luke was the sort of guy who was so obsessed with his car that he never invited anybody to his house, I just blinked a few times and thought the deal seemed like a good deal.

He wouldn't drive anyone else's. His mother probably forced him to do that. Her expression when I saw his expression made me fall off the cart handle, my hands falling to my sides. What was this? That wasn't right. Even if he had been forced to do it, it was getting a little out of control. His smile was radiant from his lips and he looked relaxed and relaxed in his features. He looked happier than the Luke that I met last night. That wasn't the guy that I met last night. The guy wasn't forced into anything. He came here voluntarily with this girl. That night, they were going to have dinner at his house, so I felt like I was being haughty toward him. My hand barely held up as he stared right at me with blood streaming from his face.

The girl asked in a quiet voice, but Luke hesitated, and dropped his gaze. That's all that needs to be said. On my heels, I spun around and abandoned the cart, almost running out of the room. I could not hold back my tears as I hunched over the wheel. It was humiliating, and I barely managed to hold it up. Then as she whispered quietly, Luke hesitated, his gaze falling to the ground. I just wanted to make it seem as though I didn't mind. Luke didn't seem to mind either, so I was intending to just be casual.
I was made to think that I did not care, and it was then that I came to the realization of how much I loved Luke and how dumb it was of me to imagine that I could get back together with him once things had brought things to a satisfactory level.

I was unable to hold back my tears, but it was too late; I had loved him, but I could not save him. I got the impression that Luke really cared for me, and I had the impression that it was naive of me to believe that we may get back together after things had calmed down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 126 18
~Completed~Michelle has practically been raising her younger brother Finn since she was a teenager. Never really getting to be her own person and do...
5.6K 100 23
When Ella Jones' twenty-first birthday ends with a bang - literally - she never imagined it would be with her best friend since freshman year, Ryan O...
190K 5K 92
Isabelle Rose Edward is your charming, beautiful and kind yet clever, witty and confident 23-year-old English girl looking for a way to make a name f...
171 40 8
Under the cloak of night, as Doctor Emma White made her way home, fate intervened in a twist of destiny. With a single act of heroism, she unwittingl...