The Lost One: Legolas x OC

By ErulisseGreenleaf133

The line of Fëanor. a line of problems. A line, of blood. A line that ended. Or so they thought. Lillian... More

Mae Govannen!
*Introducing the Feanorians:*
Found:
The Valley:
Out of the Dark:
Bad Blood:
The Found Feanorian:
Taking The Plunge:
A New Adventure:
Into The Wilds:
The Stranger:
The Journey Begins:
A Land of Old:
New Friends:
Love Made Me Crazy:
!!BREAKING LOTR NEWS!!
A Chilling Thought:
Closer:
A Time Of Peace:
Gathering Storms:
The Alliance of Men and Elves:
The Time Is Right:
A Blessed Surprise:
The Silence:
A Light Goes Out:
Epilogue:

Battle Of The Woods:

118 5 36
By ErulisseGreenleaf133

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jeremiah 51:20 "You are my war club, my weapon for battle— with you I shatter nations, with you I destroy kingdoms."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Legolas~

Nothing could prepare us for what happened just a day later.

           Lilli and I were walking under the trees when we saw her.

"Arwen!" Lillian squealed as she ran to greet her friend. "We weren't expecting you back so soon!"

"Arwen," I bowed.

"I wish I was here with good news. Ada's scouts have spotted the enemy. They're coming in leagues larger than he expected," She frowned.

Lillian looked at me.

"We'll be ready," I stated.

"I have brought all we can spare," She motioned to the small army behind her.

"Thank you," Lillian hugged her.

"Sis!" Elladan ran from the treeline. The two embraced.

"What are you doing here? You should be home with Ada."

"He sent me," She smiled. "I am a much swifter rider and I am harder to track. Ada sent the third regiment."

Elladan greeted his soldiers and instructed them on what their task was.

Arwen, my wife, and I found aragorn talking with his two captains.

"Arwen!" Aragorn called as he sprinted towards her. The two collided and Arwen laughed as he spun them around. She kissed him and grabbed his hand, "You can't keep me away forever my love. You know this."

"And I am not complaining," He sighed. "I only wish I didn't need to fear for your safety."

"Alright love birds," Lillian cut in.

"I did not come to see you Estel," Arwen began. "Isengard is nearly upon us. They were spotted two days from Rivendell a week ago."

"Two days," I heard myself say.

"Then we have time," Aragorn said with false confidence.

~*~

Lillian sat down on the bed and sighed. I sat beside her in my frozen state of shock.

"Two days," She said.

I nodded.

"I've never fought in a war before."

I looked over at her, "You won't be," I sat up. "You're pregnant. You can't fight."

"Legolas we need all the help we can," She started before I cut her off.

"No!"

She flinched.

"I'm sorry. The baby. You can't fight."

My wife wrapped her arm around me and leaned her head on my shoulder, "What would you have me do?"

I couldn't form a reply for fear the tears would fall.

"I'm going to see Tulie," Lilli stood.

"Please stay," I whispered. "Stay close to me. I need to know you're safe." I grabbed her with tears slurring my words.

Lillian looked at my hand gripping her hip. She nodded and squeezed my hand, "I'll stay close."

I nodded and pulled her into my arms. She sat down next to me. I kissed her stomach and rested my head against it. Lillian combed her fingers through my hair with shaky hands. 

        Lillian curled into my side and laid her head on my chest. I gently rubbed her side.

"You're so beautiful," I ran my knuckles down her cheek. I sat up and sucked at her neck gently.

"Legolas," She giggled. "Don't be such an animal."

"You drive me wild darling. I can't control myself."

She fell back against the pillows and pulled me with her. Lillian tossed my tunic to the side. I kissed her hungrily and sighed as she ran her hands over my skin. I caressed her face as she stared up at me with tear filled eyes. I slammed my lips onto hers. I needed to feel something other than the cold grief. 

The two of us missed supper that evening. I suppose we wanted to spend every second we could together.

However, I knew there was no use hiding from the inevitable.

~*~

Hell knocked on the door with no mercy.

"Legolas! Up!" I felt someone shake me. "They're coming!"

I bolted from my bed and saw Elrohir. He tossed me my things.

"Legolas what's going on?" Lillian sat up.

I pulled my tunic on and rushed to kiss her.

"Stay here," I held the sides of her head. "Be ready to leave."

"Wait!" She started to dress herself. "I'm coming with you."

"No!" Elrohir said. "You need to stay with the women. Arwen and Aragorn have begun to round them up already."

I kissed her, "You stay here. Stay close to the others, do not stray on your own!"

Lilli kissed me deeply before letting go of me, "You come back to me," She put a hand on her stomach.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Lillian hugged Elrohir and then me, "You look out for each other. I Don't want to lose my husband and my brother."

"I'll look after him," Elrohir stated and hugged her back. The three of us walked out into the haze.

My wife and I embraced one last time.

"Don't let go," She whispered as I tried to step away. "Please." Her voice cracked.

I looked over her shoulder and saw my father waiting for me with our troop behind him.

"I have to go now," I choked down the tears. I knelt and kissed her stomach. "I'll come for you. Please stay safe for me."

Lillian nodded with tears rolling down her cheeks.  

              My father turned his elk around as I mounted my horse, "Come. We have an army to lead."

It took every ounce of my strength not to run back to my wife. I wanted to grab her and run away. I wanted to hide us so deep in the woods the eagles couldn't spot us but I knew the only way we could win would be to face the enemy head-on.  

~Lillian~

I watched as my husband and father-in-law rode away.

"Legolas come back," I choked. I felt the flutter in my abdomen. I rubbed my hands over my stomach and sobbed as my knees gave out. I felt onto the hard ground and sat frozen. The tears stopped coming and soon only dry sobs wracked my body.

I felt someone wrap something soft around my shoulders.

"Lillian?" Someone brushed my hair out of my face. "Are you alright?" Arwen asked.

I shook my head.

"He'll come back. Legolas always come back," She hugged me.

I nodded and stood up, "Take me to them."

Arwen nodded and led me along the wet pathways. 

        Arwen opened the two wooden doors and we walked into the hall. All the women stopped and looked at us. I rubbed my stomach nervously.

My friend quieted the women, "This isn't an evacuation. We just need to be in one place so we can all leave together if needed." Arwen emphasized.

"Where will we go?" One woman in the back asked.

"To Imladris. Rivendell," I replied. "My husband is leading part of our army as we speak. He has assured us safe passage to the valley."

I froze when I heard the sounds of horns in the distance. The room went dead silent as we all listened.

The war had begun. 

         I paced back and forth as we sat still in the hall. The time was creeping along slower than a dwarf. Arwen stood by one of the window peeking through a hole in the burlap that had been stretched overtop.

"Lilli!" She exclaimed. "It's Legolas!"

I pulled the bar away from the door and ran out to meet him.

"GO! YOU HAVE TO LEAVE!" He yelled. "ONLY TAKE WHAT YOU NEED! WE NEED TO CLEAR THE FOREST!"

"What is it Legolas?" I asked as I jogged over to him.

"The orcs. There's too many. We can't hold them back."

The women rushed to gather their children and were scrambling to get their needed things.

"What?" I asked fearfully.

"Lead them to Rivendell," Legolas stated. "Take the women and children through the mountain pass."

"I can't. Legolas I'm not strong enough," I whispered.

He dismounted and lifted my chin "Yes. You are. You have to Lilli, for them. I believe in you."

I looked at the fearful faces of the young dunedain. "I'll do it."

Legolas smiled. I wrapped my arms around his neck, "Please be careful."

"Same to you. We will meet you in Rivendell."

"Promise. All  of you?" I asked.

"I promise. I'll see you in Imladris."

I gave him one last hug, "I love you Legolas."

I leaned up and kissed him. My finger tangled in his long hair as he pulled me against him.

"I love you too. Now go!" He said as he lept back into his saddle. "Get them out of here!" 

Arwen and I raced to guide the women out of the hall. I looked up and saw orange flames devouring the trees in the distance.

"Hurry!" I yelled. "We need to get out of the camp!"

The worm scrambled to collect their children.

Arwen and I rode on horses ahead of the women. I cantered my horses back and forth between the two ends of the caravan as we made our way through the rocky pass. We were met by a group of Mirkwoodian soldiers.

I ran up to one of them, "Thranduil and Legolas?"

He panted, "They're overrun. They sent us to tell you to go to Imladris and don't look back."

Don't look back. Don't look back. I could hear Legolas's voice in my head.

He was telling me goodbye.

"No," I gasped lightly. "No."

Arwen looked at me, "Lilli-"

I ran and vaulted into my saddle, "Get them to Rivendell!" I yelled at her.

"No Lilli you can't!" She called after me. 

The wind was howling in my ears as I galloped into the forest. 

~*~*~*~*~*~

Just two more updates before this is over ohmygondor 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.5K 2.4K 39
Elarinya, a woman with an elvish name, was one of the many terribly affected by the War of the Ring. Even though Sauron was defeated, evil still lurk...
30.8K 900 19
*COMPLETED* Elladan and Legolas are to be wed. Neither of them quite wants it, at first. Their fathers want to bring Rivendell and Mirkwood together...
39.8K 2.3K 144
Brothers Elladan and Elrohir live normal lives by their father's standards, but both twins struggle to accept the way Elrond raises them. When a demo...
13.7K 294 22
Warning! 18+ Mature Content Kedealind of Rivendell is one of many siblings and daughter to Elrond. After witnessing the council and the creation of t...