The Billionaire's Sweet Troub...

By sweetdreamer33

After a hot-headed playboy billionaire stands her up for a career-making interview, blogger Sweet vows to rui... More

Standalones in the The Billionaire's Sweet Trouble series
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
Epilogue

25

31.4K 2.2K 196
By sweetdreamer33

Sebastian

As Luna and I walked up to the stage to claim the award, something pulled me like a magnet to look at my right. I turned and instantly, my eyes locked at a pair of sea-green eyes at a distance.

Sweet?

I stopped breathing for a moment. It was Sweet, looking so beautiful like a shining star in her beige strapless gown. Her hair combed at the side, revealing the creamy expanse of her neck and shoulders.

I thought I was dreaming. I had to blink several times to make sure that she was real. She had been the product of my imaginations lately; I was not sure anymore what's real and not.

Dammit. Why didn't it occur to me we would attend the same event? We could have come together.

Then I saw the young man sitting beside her. My lips pressed together as disappointment overwhelmed me.

"Hey, congratulations. You did it again." A man, one of our business competitors, grabbed my hand for a handshake. It diverted my attention from Sweet. Followed by some men and women who congratulated us.

"That's Sweet Treble, right?" Luna asked when we continued to go up the stage. I nodded, and she asked, "why didn't you come together?"

"I didn't know that she's coming," my lips twisted, "dammit, and she even came with a date."

She chuckled, "before you get all mad and jealous, can't you see the resemblance? That big-headed obnoxious idiot is her brother!"

"Her brother?" My eyebrows rose.

I looked at Sweet and to the young man. Luna could be right, though. Sweet mentioned she has a brother named Colton.

"No doubt."

I sighed with relief. I was glad she came with her brother, not with her ex-boyfriend. But what surprised me was Luna's reaction at the mention of the guy.

"Do you know her brother?"

She frowned and rolled her eyes, "nope. Why would I?"

"Hmm... I just wonder," I said, as we continued to walk to the podium, "your description of him was not so nice."

"I'm not in my best mood tonight," she hissed, "I warned you all that I'd have my period today. I have to go down to the ground floor to get a sanitary napkin and now, I have this stomach cramps. I should have stayed home."

"Is your stomach now in your hand?" I asked when she was rubbing her hand.

"Um..." she looked at her hand, and I couldn't help but notice her swollen knuckles.

"What happened?"

"Nothing," she put her hand on her back, "I hit an obnoxious, arrogant... gorilla inside the elevator."

"A what?"

"Never mind." She walked slowly, and pushed me forward, "pull yourself together. You'll do the acceptance speech, not me. I hate to be the center of attention."

After Mr. Eros Petrakis handed me the award, I stood in front of the podium to give my speech. My eyes lingered at Sweet, admiring her beauty before I looked at the other guests inside the grand ballroom.

Oh, fuck! My hand grasped the plaque tightly as I saw a familiar face in the event.

It was Sweet's ex-boyfriend.

***

Sweet

"Oh great! That wild girl is your lover boy's sister!" Colton balled his fist, "no wonder, they shared the same... evil personality."

"Hey, stop saying that," I scolded him, "they're not. Sebastian is not who you think he is."

"Seriously, Sweet? You've kept on saying that Sebastian Stavrakos is an evil reincarnate, and now you're changing your tune? Don't tell me, he lured you with those extravagant dates."

I sighed, feeling the heaviness in my chest. He had a reason to doubt me. Before I agreed to the dating deal, I exploded my anger at Sebastian in front of my family too many times. It convinced them I hated him extremely and there was no way my opinion on him would change.

"I was wrong about Sebastian. He's not a perfect guy, but surely he's not evil. The Internet painted him as a notorious playboy..." I tried to explain to him, but he would not listen.

"He is! For fuck's sake, Sweet. You're crazy if you think you can change him. You kept on telling me, a leopard never changes its spots."

Am I crazy? For seeing Sebastian in a different light after three dates? Did he really lure me onto him, that I forgot who he really is?

My eyes riveted at Sebastian who already got the award with his sister. He looked so damn gorgeous standing there in the spotlight, as he gave a brief speech, thanking everyone involved in the committee for recognizing their company's effort in making a better future for the people. He assured that their interest is for the welfare of every human kind and creating a healthy environment.

"That girl is crazy," Colton muttered.

"Her name is Luna."

"Luna!" He chuckled nastily, "her name really suits her."

"Don't go there. That's so mean."

"Come on, look at her! She's standing there not moving or blinking!" Colton couldn't seem to take his eyes off Sebastian's sister. He wasn't even blinking himself.

"I think she's scared to stand in front of this vast audience. Erin does the same."

"Nah. This girl is different. She's scary," his lips twisted, as he narrated the incident in the elevator, "she gave me a fright when I entered the elevator. I thought I saw a ghost. She was alone, looking so white in black. I tried to ease the tension and joked by telling her, 'are you lost, baby girl?"

"Oh, no..." I shook my head.

"Her eyes grew so big. And when I pressed the elevator button, she gave me a punch that hit my arm and called me a pervert. The fuck... she thought I was going to kiss her."

"My gosh, you shouldn't say that line to any girl."

He shrugged his shoulders, "why not? It's a common joke right now. Girls in our school giggles every time we boys say that line at them."

I could not help but laugh, "for some. But not everyone is a fan of Massimo and 365 movies. Besides, you've just met her and you're both trapped inside an elevator. She had a reason to panic and punch you."

His eyebrows furrowed, not convinced of my explanation, "I wish I won't cross paths with that girl ever again."

We continue to eat our dessert, when someone came to our table.

"Hey guys! I never thought you'd be here. We could have come together."

"Jace!"

My eyes grew big with excitement, upon seeing him in the event. I've never seen him since we bumped at the diner. I never even got the chance to thank him for the flowers and coffee he sent me. I presumed he was very busy, since I haven't seen him around.

"I'm invited to receive a blogger's award," I said proudly.

His eyes instantly lit up, "congrats! I'm so proud of you Sweet. I know you'd make a success in writing one day. Now, you got it."

I felt flattered of his compliments, that I blushed. Then he clasped my hand and gave me a hug.

I missed the comforting feeling of being buried on his chest. He smells so good as always, the same spicy musky scent that I used to love.

Then he released me, and I felt the air of emptiness.

"Thanks. What about you? Why are you here?"

"For my company. I got the best app award."

"Wow! That's so cool. Congratulations! So, you have your own company," I asked, curious what he was up to

"Yeah. I have an App Development Company in China that became successful. And now, I'm bringing it here in the US."

I realized Jace had his own company as well. He had made his dream we spoke about in high school come true.

"That's very impressive."

"Thanks," he gave me that boyish smile that made my toes curl. "You look gorgeous, Sweet."

Now, I was flushing so hard. I'm sure I looked like a ripe tomato. I could not help but reminisce when we were young and so in love. He used to whisper it in my ear, then we ended up making out.

"You are too. Of course, you know that."

We locked eyes, and that moment, I could feel his thoughts. He also remembered the beautiful memories we had together.

"I'd like to join you here, but I can't leave my team," he turned to the group of men at the far end sitting around a large table.

"It's okay. We're good here," I replied.

"I'll see you later then," his eyes twinkled, "maybe, we can hang out after the event."

"Sure, man!" Colton was the one who answered. He shook Jace's hand before the latter left.

***

Later, my name was called as the year's social media rising star. I went onstage alone to get the award and gave a quick acceptance speech.

Despite having some practice in talking to school fairs, book events, and women's programs in our town, I still feel nervous being on stage. Especially to a larger audience, made of businessmen and entrepreneurs.

I received the award and stood in front of the podium to give my acceptance speech.

"Thank you so much. It's a great honor for me to be chosen by a very prestigious organization as a social media rising star. I am truly happy for this recognition. It motivates me to continue to work hard... once again, thank you so much."

To my delight, the audience applauded.

I looked down and saw Sebastian at one side of the stairs, and Jace sitting at a table by the other end. Two gorgeously handsome men waiting for me to get down.

Who was I going to celebrate my award with?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 10.3K 16
Running away from the dark past of her life, Sofia McCommer is determined to start new and prove her worth to her family by joining her family busine...
11.7K 411 25
People run away, love doesn't. The woeful life of Rose Barnes is showing no signs of improvement. She's alone in a new city, drowning in debt, with d...
3.5K 111 6
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ⛔️!! MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY 18+!!! After three, long months in Puerto Rico, Katarina is ready to go back to the city that never sle...
55.9K 2K 98
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...