๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜บ | ๐™—๐™–๐™ ๐™ช๏ฟฝ...

By celestial_blooms_pad

[UNDER RECONSTRUCTION: this is the original, incomplete story] "๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐œ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐๐ฎ๐›๐›๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐ฎ๐ฆ ๐›๏ฟฝ... More

โ—Œยบเฆƒ that's the plan โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ it's nothing โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ better? โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ you're shit at maths โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ you're not meant to be a hero โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ I'm going to be broke! โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ bubbles <3 โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ pretty but useless โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ what he desired โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ the golden child of the Todoroki family โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ I need you โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ right, Emiri? โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ the handcrusher โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ around her โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ puppet โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ someone like you โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ hooray for dyscalculia! โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ no remedy โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ be better, Bakugou โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ her heart โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ what about you? โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ why would I train you? โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ you deserve the world โ—Œยบเฆƒ
โ—Œยบเฆƒ or die โ—Œยบเฆƒ

โ—Œยบเฆƒ Why, are you scared? โ—Œยบเฆƒ

361 20 24
By celestial_blooms_pad

"Bubbles, stop tugging on my sleeve!"

"I want to curl up and die."

"Well, can you do that somewhere else?"

"Just keep an eye out for me, will you?"

Emiri essentially hid behind Bakugou as the two walked through the U.A. halls. They'd arrived together at school that morning from Bakugou's house, she'd stayed over two nights and had yet to talk to her older brother since.

The two were shot with a few intrigued looks; it wasn't every day that they saw Bakugou walking with a girl, especially someone who wasn't in the hero course.

The two turned a corner towards Emiri's class, Bakugou immediately spotting the candy cane looking male waiting outside her classroom.

Bakugou groaned as he turned around, grabbing her by the shoulders and manoeuvring her into an empty classroom nearby. Still holding her, he peered over head and out the classroom door, face serious as he tried to scope out Shoto.

She gazed up at him, slightly dazzled by his neutral expression. Emiri had to admit; he was gorgeous. Even if he looked a tiny bit stressed with his furrowed eyebrows and pursed lips, she silently zoned out as she admired his angular features and pretty, cherry eyes.

He sighed, looking down at Emiri only to raise an eyebrow at her. Her beady eyes were dazed, lips slightly apart as she burned holes into his face.

That was when he noticed their close proximity, slightly pushing her body away from his which seemed to snap her out of her daydreams.

"What're you lookin' at?" Bakugou accused, eyes narrowing.

She clicked her tongue, crossing her arms.

"Damn, your face is ugly again." He scowled at her words.

"Huh?!"

She grabbed at his face, pulling it until his face relaxed.

He slapped at her cold hands, "what the fuck are you doing?!"

Emiri hit his hands back, "you look nicer when you're not pulling such ugly faces at me."

His face flushed red, "are you fucking kidding me? We're hiding from your brother right now, is this really the time?"

She pouted, "you looked so pretty! You kinda look like your mum, y'know?"

Bakugou's features loosened at her words. She was about to compliment him again until he opened the door, grabbing her again before forcibly pushing her out the classroom.

Emiri screamed, trying to run back inside the classroom.

"I was kidding! Please, have mercy on me, Bakuboom!"

His eyebrow twitched at her words, letting her pull them back into the classroom.

In all honesty, he was only helping her in the first place because he didn't want to be around his friends who'd seen the two come to the dorms together that morning – Emiri wearing one of his hoodies since her sweater had gotten damaged during their spar.

He simply did not have the energy to explain the situation, at least, that's what he told himself.

"How am I supposed to get to my classroom if he's there?" Emiri whispered as she leaned to the right, looking past his arm to get a peek at her brother.

Bakugou turned around so his back was to her, also sneaking a look at Shoto who was beginning to look like one of those gargoyle statues outside creepy, old houses. 

That was when Bakugou caught sight of Sero walking towards them, resisting the urge to sigh. He glanced over his shoulder at Emiri who anxiously fidgeted.

"You owe me," he hissed, Emiri blinking in confusion.

Just as Sero walked past, Bakugou barbarically snatched his arm and yanked him into the classroom. Emiri stumbled backwards, watching as Bakugou put his sweaty hands over Sero's mouth to muffle his screams.

"Scream and you die, Tape." Bakugou hissed, immediately silencing the poor male.

That wasn't very hero-like.

Bakugou dropped his hands, Sero coughing silently as he wiped his mouth. He'd unfortunately gotten a taste of Bakugou's nitroglycerin sweat.

"What was that for?" He whispered, eyes widening as he caught sight of Emiri. "No fucking way! Why're you two hiding out here like this? First you come back to school with Bakugou and now you're–"

"Shut the fuck up and listen." Bakugou interrupted, grabbing the back of Sero's shirt before pointing at Shoto. "Distract Icy-Hot and get him to go to class."

"Why?" A devious smirk appeared on his features as he glanced between the two. "...you two don't happen to be dating, would you? Got the older brother on your ass?"

Bakugou closed his eyes painfully, Emiri lightly shoving him out of the way before he could beat Sero to a pulp.

"No, we're not," She defended calmly, "I'm fighting with Shoto at the moment and I don't want to run into him. Sero, please, get him away from my class."

Sero hummed before putting a hand on top of her head. "Alright, fine. I'll do it for you, Emi."

She sighed, pulling Sero in by the neck before giving him a light hug.

Bakugou felt a strange feeling of anger rise at the sight, it lingering even when she pulled away and pushed Sero out the classroom.

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Emiri grinned as she admired her latest test score, a confident, large '90%' written on the front of her physics test.

Shinso, who sat behind her, took a peek at her score and scowled, looking away as he leaned on his hand. His score wasn't as amazing as hers, but it was still over that 80% mark that he needed. It just irked him that the mathematically challenged girl managed to get a higher mark.

He'd been keeping an eye out on her scores lately. They'd been exceptional and he had no clue how she was getting such good grades. It was getting on his nerves. She was his rival, he knew he could beat her in combat but if he can't let someone as unintelligent as her get higher grades than him.

Speaking of their competition, there was a knock at their classroom door. Their teacher stopped the class, letting the newcomer into the class. Shinso and Emiri both sat up straight as Aizawa entered the room, glancing at the two students before turning to talk to their teacher.

After a moment of quiet discussion, the two were called over by their teacher and they followed Aizawa out the class as their classmates ogled at their backs.

Emiri closed the door behind them, both of them turning to the hero class teacher who held papers in his hands.

"I'm sorry to take you two out of class, but this is my only free period." Aizawa said stoically, holding out the papers. "Here."

They curiously took one form each, Emiri's eyes widening as she realised it was an application used for requesting a hero suit.

"What's this for?" Emiri asked, smiling up at the teacher. "I thought that we only did hero suit applications if we're accepted into the hero course."

Aizawa nodded, "well, it isn't necessarily an application for the suit. It's an application for support items. This is for the exam you'll both be taking to join the hero course."

Shinso was well aware of the application. He'd been training with Aizawa after all.

"What's the exam anyways?" Shinso asked, folding the application into his blazer pocket.

"It's a two part exam that's similar to the end of semester exams that the hero course students take; one written exam and one practical exam." Aizawa passed another two pieces of paper to the students. "That's a list of the topics that will be covered in the exam. It may not be content that you've learned this year, but it's necessary that you research these topics yourself. It's only the basics, so it shouldn't be hard."

Emiri nodded, glancing at the list of topics only for her eyes to widen. Rescue Procedures, Basics of Patrol, Emergency Evacuation Policies, and so many more classes she'd never taken were listed as topics. She had her work cut out for her, that was for sure.

"What about the physical exam?" Emiri asked.

Aizawa felt a little bit of excitement bubble in his stomach, but he pushed it down knowing he had to remain calm.

"You two will be doing a one-on-one battle in front of the hero course classes." Emiri and Shinso straightened their backs. "Recovery Girl will be on the sidelines, so you both have to be prepared to put everything into this fight. It'll be 'capture-the-flag' style, but you'll both be wearing two velcro wrist bands that'll need to be captured to win."

Shinso and Emiri nodded, taking a mental note of his words.

"Is that clear?"

"Yes Sir." Shinso responded, quickly whipping his head to Emiri who hadn't responded.

Emiri fidgets with the forms in her hands, furrowing her brows.

"Do we have to apply for support items?" Aizawa raised his chin up, eyeing her in confusion.

"No, it's not obligatory." He responded, "but it's recommended for general course students who want to be on par with hero course students."

Emiri nodded, holding the form out to Aizawa.

"Okay, I'll be fine then."

Shinso gave her a stunned look before narrowing his eyes at her.

Was she underestimating him?

Aizawa smiled at the two students, looking forward to how much the two students had progressed – especially Emiri who seemed to be clawing her way up the class ranks due to her grades.

Aizawa left the two alone, Shinso eyeing him as his figure left before he grabbed Emiri by the sleeve.

"Hey. Was that supposed to scare me?" He hissed, purple irises searching for hers.

She laughed, baby blues shining with excitement.

"No, it wasn't." Her cute smile suddenly twisted into a devious smirk. "Why? Are you scared?"

Shinso straightened his posture, rolling his shoulders as he crossed his arms. He was a good twenty centimetres taller than her, why was she acting like she was six foot?

"Scared of what? A sixteen year-old with no combat skills?" He tested her, smirking.

Emiri's smile didn't falter, "if you're already scared of that, perhaps you'll be absolutely terrified when we fight."

He scoffed as she turned her back to him, glancing at him from over her shoulder before flipping her braid and entering the classroom again.

The nerve.

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Emiri read a thick book on hero agencies that Kirishima bought her, a highlighter lid in her mouth as she annotated the book while simultaneously walking towards her dorm room.

"Emiri."

She halted, eyes still fixed on her textbook despite the sound of her brother's voice.

"Don't ignore me, you heard me."

She slammed her book shut, tucking it under her arm as she put the lid of her highlighter back on. Tucking strands out of her face, she looked up at her brother.

"Shoto, what do you want?"

He leaned down, grabbing a familiar duffle bag before holding it out to her.

"You left your stuff at the house," he softly said, Emiri taking the bag and putting it over her shoulder. "I thought you'd want it back."

She guiltily looked away, "thanks."

Shoto sighed, grabbing her upper arm before moving her away from the doorway of the building as a few students passed.

"Can we talk?" Emiri nodded. "I'm sorry."

She pursed her lips painfully as she reminisced their words.

"How sincere." She sarcastically commented.

He sighed. He wasn't the best at apologies, he rarely messed up when it came to Emiri. Plus, she probably sensed that he wasn't being completely genuine. 

"Look, I know from first hand experience how dangerous being a hero is. The hero course is no joke, and if you get into the hero course, they'll chuck you into a deeper end than they did to us in the first year." He warned. "I just... your quirk is not a combat quirk, so I worry that you'll get severely hurt, or worse."

Emiri furrowed her brows, looking down at her feet.

"I should apologise to you." She whispered. "I said all those mean things about you, but in reality you are stuck in your own situation where you just want to make sure I'm okay."

"I'm glad you understand–"

"But have you ever thought about the fact that I never got the opportunity to be trained by Dad? I've never known the boundaries of my quirk until now."

"Be thankful you didn't get worked to the bone by him." Shoto shot back. "Why would you want to put yourself under all this pressure when you have a choice?"

"Do I really have a choice?" Her blue eyes burned into his. " I don't think you understand that if I don't become a hero, I'll never be able to do what I aspire to do. This isn't about safety, it's about what I want."

He sighed, his hands on his hips as he looked away in annoyance.

"You're being reckless, good grades won't be enough."

"I know they're not, but I can do this–"

"No, no you can't."

She glared at her twin, "don't be such an ass. You haven't even sparred with me before."

"That's because I know I'll beat you up." He nonchalantly commented. "I wouldn't go easy on you like Bakugou does."

In a bout of anger, she raised her right hand, a blast of crystals flying out of her palm before encasing Shoto's feet.

He stumbled, lips slightly parted as he stared down at the pink crystals glimmering at his feet.

He whipped his head to her, "what... is this?"

Without a word, she shoved past him into her dorm building, leaving the male stuck to the pavement.

Not too far away, a certain purple haired student leaned against a nearby tree, chest heaving up and down erratically as he stared at his feet.

He'd been on his way back to his dorm when he witnessed the Todoroki Twins' argument. It was the usual spiel about Emiri's inability to actually use her quirk in combat. He'd thought she was being as unrealistic and irresponsible as usual, but she was angry this time around than obliviously driven.

But, what the fuck was that?

Did she actually have something to back her words?

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

a/n: a nice lil update just for you muwah muwah kithes all around.

as you can probably tell, I love writing sweet, traumatised OCs. LMAO. Maybe for my next story I need one that's a bit of a bitch. Idk, personally I like my characters to be likeable. 

Speaking of characters, idk if anyone has watched Gilmore Girls, but Emiri 's personality is  inspired by Lorelai and Rory -- she has Lorelai's teasing and annoying jokes, but Rory's shy and sweet demeanour (when I say Rory, I mean Chilton Rory because Yale Rory sucks ass). 

If you don't know Gilmore Girls, that's okay, ignore my little anecdote. 

Anywho! I'm only posting one chapter for today :) Perhaps I'll upload more if I get more written. I'm pretty caught up now with my original draft.

As usual, thanks for reading! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 7K 40
Momo Yaoyorozu and Shoto Todoroki are classmates at UA High. Both teens find themselves torn between doing what they want to and what their family ex...
74.3K 3.1K 57
With their childhood behind them, Katsuki Bakugou and Shouto Todoroki are entering high school closer than ever. Always having the other to lean on...
3.2K 153 20
Katsuki Bakugo, the Prince, is starting at UA High in the second year of school. There he meets the chaotic class 2-A. One interesting classmate caug...
1.1M 29.9K 19
(Y/n) has the same quirk as Todoroki's right side. She works at the hospital as a part-time job and meets Todoroki Rei, his mom. How will Todoroki re...