The Abandoned Princess

By KissesOcean

The story starts with "Once upon a time" and ends up with "She died with her head unattached to her body." An... More

Skippable c:
Abandoned Princess
0: Heart of Glass
1: Heart of Glass
2: Heart of Glass
3: Heart of Glass
4: Heart of Glass
5: Heart of Glass
6: Heart of Glass
7: Heart of Glass
8: Heart of Glass
9: Heart of Glass
11: Heart of Glass
12: Heart of Glass
13: Heart of Glass
14: Heart of Glass
15: Heart of Glass
16: Heart of Glass
18: Heart of Glass
17: Heart of Glass
Characters Introduction Part 1
Characters Introduction Part 2
0: House of Gold
1: House of Gold
2: House of Gold
3: House of Gold
4: House of Gold
5: House of Gold
6: House of Gold
7: House of Gold
8: House of Gold

10: Heart of Glass

2.4K 103 3
By KissesOcean

She never had a home to be called. But a cold place where no love she could ever hold.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

A single Ryllis flower was placed on a vase by the window, the only flower that was left after creating the crown of flowers. Its petals emit a soft glow under the moonlight.

Back in the holy land, Ryllis was the only flower that grows there. That's why I was surprised to see it here.

I couldn't help but think of my days as a Holy Maiden under the guidance of her holiness, Goddess Cianna. When helping the mortals in their little wars I prefer to be on the healing squad rather than joining the battlefield. It's not that I was afraid of taking someone's life, just that it's taxing, swinging swords and all.

"What really is my purpose and had to become a mortal?" I asked the flower in frustration and lost.

Mission. Vacation. Punishment. Which one?

I glanced at my reflection in the windowpane. A frown plastered on my face. It was frustrating when you couldn't get any answer in the midst of confusion.

With a soft knock at the door, Haisley announced herself and entered. "You didn't touch your dinner. Please eat this before you sleep, princess. I brought tea and light snacks."

"Thank you." I wasn't that hungry but I didn't want to waste more food. "The tea is different today."

"Ah yes, Sir Bismarck came back a while ago." My shoulders stiffened as I was about to take another sip. "The tea was one of the gifts he brought. He said that Lemon Mint Tea will relieve your stomach aches."

I stared at the tea suspiciously as I lowered it.

"The captain seems to be worried about you that he suggested giving you some after he left. Are you-"

"Sir Bismarck is just overreacting. I'm alright, really." I forced a smile but it immediately disappear after realizing the real issue. Eyes full of anxiousness I looked at Haisley and confirmed what I just heard, "You said o-one of the gifts? There's more?"

With a short nod, Haisley placed a small box in front of me. "Here, princess."

I held the expensive-looking box with a creased forehead. Once open, a necklace and a letter were placed inside.

Happy Birthday, Princess Elaine.

It will be an honor if you always wear this gift for it will help you in the time you are in need. Don't hesitate to approach me in the future and if you want to see your father I'll change his schedule at any time you want.

Ps. Don't forget to finish the tea, it's good for your stomach problem.

Lucas

Who said I want to see the king? The more reason to avoid the crazy captain, but there is this strong feeling that I'll be seeing him more often. An aching pain emerged in my stomach that made me quickly grip the teacup with a shaky hand and chug the tea.

"Oh my! Isn't that a protection stone," Haisley said peering inside the box.

My attention shifted to the necklace, eyeing the small blue stone that was caged inside the well-crafted flower pendant. It gave a soft blue glow from the dim of my room.

"Protection stone?"

"Yes, princess," she answered as Haisley took the necklace, placing it around my neck. I watched her reflection in the window, a relief smile sat on her lovely face. "The moment you face danger it will protect you. And by the looks of it, the necklace costed quite a fortune. Please make sure to give thanks to Sir Bismarck when you see him, alright?"

"Yes," With a weak voice, I replied.

That night I sleep peacefully without experiencing stomach pain. 

The white-gold chain sat comfortably around my neck. At first, I was afraid that I would feel strangled since I never wore a necklace. This blue gemstone will protect me someday.

I never once took off the necklace since I was too afraid that I might die at any moment. You never know what the future holds especially when my destiny was death at age of eighteen or perhaps earlier than that, because whether I like it or not the story is changing to something unknown.

Obeying Haisley, I wrote a simple thank-you letter to Lucas, not that I was trying to keep myself away from meeting Lucas. Oh no, not because of that.

But still, the Captain of the Imperial Guard swings by the Silver Palace once or twice a month just to voluntarily report about his majesty's doings. And since he came all the way here it would be rude of me to not welcome the captain and the fact that I received a protection stone, I felt obligated to offer him tea and my time.

Months had passed and before I know it it was already winter season.

One thing I liked about Lucas was every time he visits he always brought chocolate from Kook's Chocolat and Tea after knowing that I love their chocolates.

"Princess Elaine, please listen to this poor subject," Lucas started as we leisurely drink the hot chocolate in the sunroom. "There's this woman who caught my eye this morning while buying your chocolates. After I approached her she slapped me telling me to never appear in front of her and walked out. Is there something wrong with my face? Am I missing something for her to like me?"

My eyes gazed at Lucas who sat across from me. Without a doubt, he was the second most handsome man I saw after the king. With his striking red hair and forest-green eyes, strong arms, bold thighs, and firm chest. He could have had almost everyone.

"How did you approach her?" I asked trying not to sound uninterested and popped some chocolate in my mouth.

"By flirting," he said like it should be obvious.

I coughed out the stuck chocolate in my throat and immediately drank the already warm chocolate drink. There's nothing wrong with his face alright but his flirtatious approach towards the woman. But then, even if he flirts like a peacock most of the women will still fall for him, especially with that kind of appearance.   

"Are you alright, princess?"

I nodded and gestured for him to continue.

"Well, there's nothing much to say after she left. It's just that it's not like her husband was outstanding or marvelous like his majesty that she turned me down. Perhaps she should go to the doctor and examine her eyes."

Unbelievable. 

Luck. Luck is what he doesn't have. This guy has the worst luck with women because he kept on falling for the wrong person. He had never been in a serious relationship since everything failed the moment he laid eyes upon them.

A woman who has an illness and died the next day. Then there's this woman who was actually a criminal and he only found out when she got executed after being caught. Now a woman who was married. Thank the moon, the latest woman was faithful enough to not commit infidelity. These miserable love stories just happened in a span of months, what more before I had met him.

"Perhaps..." You should be the one whose eyes need to be examined. I internally sighed.

"Right, princess. I knew it, you understand me very well."

"No, not really," I said dryly. I don't understand why he's attracted to women with complicated backgrounds. Did he get cursed when he was a child?

"There's nothing to be shy about," Lucas laughed. "By the way princess. Do you know you have an older brother?"

People still don't know that Aiden and I had already met.

"Yes, I am aware." With a nod, I raised my mug.

"You see, the crown prince will about to arrive tomorrow. His training camp ended sooner than we expected."

I hid a smile behind the mug.

Aiden's coming back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94K 7.5K 62
"Why did I end up as a mid-game boss in an otome game?!" - Kobayashi Nao wakes up in the middle of a bloody medieval battlefield with a game prompt...
226K 6.8K 56
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
1.7K 42 33
A girl who only got shown hatred and disgust, she dies at the hands of her adoptive sister that everyone knows and loves. Her sister is from a place...
163K 6.5K 18
I suddenly became the villainess, but it is already the end scene? - She doesn't even realize where she is or who she is. She undergoes the torture...