The Book of Life (Manolo x Re...

By -TheLittleWriter-

In the quiet town of San Angel, Manolo, Y/n, and Joaquin who have been friends ever since childhood are force... More

Quick Things (A/N)
The Wager
Blessings and Medals Part 1
Blessings and Medals Part 2
Manolo's First Bull Fight
Some Weeks Later
With Y/n Gone
Father/Son Talk
Pre-Show Talks
Her Arrival
La Corrida
Belonging
Welcome Party
Pig's Company
Terrible Songs
Kiss?
Proposal
Los Bandidos
Talks and Preparations
Sunrise Kiss? Part 1
Sunrise Kiss? Part 2
La Tierra de los Recordados
Family History/Reunions
Mamá?
To La Muerte
She Awakens
Roadtrip
The Labyrinth
Candle Man
Life and Death
New Wager?
The Task
Battle on Both Sides
San Angel's Battle
The Bell
Wedding Bells

The Battle Continues

1.4K 30 12
By -TheLittleWriter-

(POV:Reader)

We had all gotten outside, I continued to encourage others, not that they needed it though, as they were well prepared and ready to protect our home. Chakal and his army had reached us; they stood a few feet in front ready to attack any moment.

-"This day of the dead will never be forgotten!" I whispered-yelled to everyone who nodded and held a tight grip on their weapons.

-"You are like the son I never had, but much prettier" my dad said, causing me to give him an annoyed look. 'Really, after all this, that's all he can say' I sighed then looked forward.

-"Hey, Chakal, why don't you pick on someone your own size?!" Jouquin had finally appeared.

-"'Cause there is no one that big!" some random person yelled back.

-"Where have you been?" I asked through gritted teeth.

-"Yay! Joaquin is back!" my father cheered causing me to roll my eyes.

-"Hey! Soldier boy! Give me that medal, RIGHT NOW!" Chakal's voice went above the rest.

-"All this is about a stupid medal, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!" I pulled the sash he had revealing the medal.

-"Not now, Y/n...It's Joaquin time!"

-"JOAQUIN!" he yelled and went fighting multiple of Chakal's men until he was beaten up by Chakal.

-Back to The Land of the Remembered-

(POV:Writer(Me))

Manolo was not struggling with the bull as much as he had before, he dodged his attacks and got the beast to crash against a wall. But the bull didn't like that and took payback by throwing him across letting his sword and guitar fall onto the ground.

-"The beast is out!" Luis yelled.

-"Time to finish this!" Carmelo slammed his fists together.

Manolo got up and looked at both guitar and sword deeply in thought before picking up the guitar and playing a few light and quiet notes.

-"What is he doing?!!" Luis yelled confused and annoyed.

Everyone shook their heads in fear and disapprovement as Manolo played a soft melody that got him tossed across, courtesy of the bull. But once again he got up and continued playing the soft melody with determination and sincerity in his eyes.

-"Toro, I am humble, for tonight I understand" he began to sing softly.

-"Your royal blood was never meant, to decorate this sand"

-"You've suffered great injustice"

-"So have thousands before you"

-"I offer an apology, and one long overdue" the bull ran forward but stopped at the sound of his voice letting the sand pile up beneath his feet.

-"I am sorry"

-"Toro, I am sorry"

-"Hear my song, I know I sing the truth"

-"Although we were bred to fight..."

-"I reach for kindness in your heart tonight..."

-"And if you can forgive, and if you can forgive"

-"Love can truly live..."

-"And if you can forgive, and if you can forgive"

-"Love can truly live..." the bull backed up and layed on the sand as respect and forgiveness before turning into a bunch of marigolds that blew away as the wind brushed by.

(A/N):

Quick update! There lots of mistakes in here that I'll fix later!

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46K 1.1K 13
"Everyone Has A Story..." What if La Muerte had a brother, what if he helped his sister rule the land of forgotten? What if he loved life and the aft...
189 11 18
It wasn't a love story, at least not for me. With events that began and ended with me and Alejandro. We rushed into things that was too intense for...
6.1K 187 62
Two teenagers fight for their right to just be in love, no matter the consequences. This is their story, two high school sweethearts with a nine mont...
1.6K 346 42
*COMPLETED* "111 what's your emergency?" "Uh, hello?" I take a shaky breath. "My name is Storm Black, and m-my father has a knife sticking out of hi...