The Royal Scandal | Prince Wi...

By Antoinette_II

The only royal role she would get to play would be Aurora in Sleeping Beauty. The future King of England had... More

The Royal Scandal
Act I ~ The Pawn
Part I: Send Off
Letters
Let's Celebrate 18
Shy First Encounter
You Again!?!
How Was Your Date?
I'm Fine
Tis the Season... But It's September
Delicate Forces
The Prophesied Fall
Royal Movies
Circa Regna Tonat
Down to the Wire
Finding Home
Here We Go Again
Good Morning
The Chase
The Start of Disaster
Unimpressed With Her
Hold Me Till Dawn
Late Night Calls
Unravelling the Web
The Prince and the Girl
She's Here With You
Can The World Crush Her?
Opening Night
The Fall
If You Love Her
The Flame
Ready For More
We Are Strong
She Is Power
Dance In Your Blood
American Royalty
Tonight We Can Dream
Our Star Crossed Love
Family Matters
Someone Unexpected
The Conversation
The Return
Part II: Homecoming
Welcome to Podunk Illinois
Miracles
The Lesson
Missing You
The Royal Screw Up
Wedding Bells
Oh... It's You
The Calm
The Storm
Give It Time
Enough
Big Change... Is Coming
Pride
Around and Around We Go
Are You a Winner?
Remembering Passion
Fallout
Testing
Interlude 2007-2009
ACT II ~ The Rook
Part III: Never a Bride
Space to Think
What We Do For Love
Sins of the Father
The Waiting Game
Easy With You
Play the Game
Sugar Plums and Wedding Bells
This Time Next Year
What Makes a Slyph
The Long Goodbye
The Introduction
Goodbye Jaclyn Webber
All That We've Come From
Here Comes the Bride
Like the Sun Has the Moon
The Duke and Duchess
Part IV: Next Chapter
Big News
Second Guessing
Broken Bodies, Broken Hearts
Flowers Help Heal
Important Questions
Pretty Pretty Girl
What's in Your Head?
You Misunderstand Me
Not the Time for Christmas Cheer
Oh Baby
An Heir for an Heir
Guilt
Getting Back To Normal
Shock Factor
A Princess is Named
Act III ~ The Knight
Interlude 2013-2016
Part V: Commander Cambridge
Cause to Celebrate
Doing Good
Indomitable
Careful Where You Tread
Whispers in Corners
Milestones Pass By
Me? Plotting?
It's Like A Sport
Eyes on Me
Pretty Things
Snow Fall in Summer
Part VI: Old Wounds Leave Scars
New Addition
The Root of All Problems
Be Warned
I Have Thorns Too
Bruises That Don't Disappear
This Distance Between Us
Double Trouble
So It Begins
Stained Red
Is This My Legacy?
When Duty Calls
Leave Us In Ruins
Curtain Call
I Bleed Red
Rise From Your Ashes
Rose Colored
The World is Too Much
Old Memories
Turning Tables

It's That Time of Year

3.9K 191 56
By Antoinette_II

December 17, 2012

You didn't have to come with me," Jaclyn heaves, trying to adjust herself so she can get on the examination table, but her bones scream and as she goes her hip slips out slightly and she has to grasp onto Thomas. He holds her hands as she forces it back in, not even wincing before lifting her up and gracefully setting her down.

The area in her hip stings and seizes, but he holds her hand until her breathing returns to normal. Then he swats her lightly on the head. "I wasn't about to let you come by yourself just because His Royal Princeliness can't be here. What if that happened and you were all alone?"

"One, you can call him William-"

"Which I refuse."

"Two, god forbid something pops out when I'm by myself in a hospital." But her words are terse as she adjusts, trying to relax now that her body has gone tense.

"Stubborn bitch."

She glares down at Thomas as he falls into the chair beside the table. "Annoying ass." He coos back playfully, and with a huffing laugh she eases onto her back not wanting to sit up while they wait.

She goes silent, hands resting over her stomach while her eyes draw lines between the speckles on the ceiling, but Thomas talks enough for them both. He goes on and on about rehearsals, his latest pas de deux partner, and nutcracker drama. There was once a time she thrived off anticipating cast lists and listening for the reactions of her fellow dancers.

A part of her still resents dancing, so it's not surprising when she's not wistful and envious of Thomas's tales. Hilary Mantel said those were the years she had purpose and drive, but not even the trailblazing author knew the true purpose behind her career. To be more. More pretty, graceful, skinny... the list goes on. When stripped down to the bare bones her old job and new are eerily similar.

"I still think Katie Marie's gaynor pointe shoes are sinful... And apparently there was some beef between Clara and her understudy... Did I tell you about our last Cinderella rehearsal?"

He's still rambling animatedly when Dr. Setchell arrives, and Jaclyn almost wishes the doctor would walk back out and return in a few minutes. Listening to the trivial problems of ballerinas is refreshing compared to the news he'll bring her.

Thomas holds her hand through the whole process, but she has a hard time meeting his eyes. He's too much of a performer, too openly emotional and passionate, and the anxiety he feels spills over into his face. It nearly creeps into his touch.

"You're still measuring in small," Dr. Setchell explains, sitting down in his chair with his clipboard like he's about to softly scold her. "But I'm not too worried about it considering everything you have going on."

Everyone else is

She sits up trying to rid her mind of the toxic thoughts and images that she has to face daily. On more than one occasion she's been tempted to ask Buckingham Palace if they can release a statement explaining exactly what EDS is instead of just saying she has it. Maybe then the magazines will stop taunting her with anorexic storylines.

But the palace stays silent about personal details, and she's not about to ruffle more feathers than she already has by simply breathing.

"I'm going to encourage you to take it as easy as you can over the next few weeks. It's crucial you get as close to your due date as possible," he explains, and she nods, focused on him but not missing the hesitant wince Thomas directs towards her.

----

December 24, 2012

William tries to focus on the road, but it's hard not to glimpse at his wife, who is happily distracted with a smoothie. It's something special the cooks make her to help with nausea when traveling, and he swears she lights up like a child every time she's handed one.

The sight of her so relaxed easily makes him smile. He clings to these peaceful moments to help survive the bad ones. The sight of her leaned back slightly

"We've almost got the nursery set up, I actually think your father will be able to finish before we get back."

Jaclyn nods, eyes fixated on the trees that zoom by along the road. Her free hand rubs her stomach, but he's come to notice that her hand doesn't simply trace the swell of her belly. Her fingers move in rhythms, creating inaudible music and patterns that he assumes must be comforting.

"That's if he doesn't try to fix the roof," she deadpans with a gentle smile. With everything going on he knows how much it helps to have her parents so close by even if they're here in case the baby comes early.

His one hand flexes around the steering wheel, cautiously glancing to his left just to check on her. "The farmhouse is nice, but it does have some quirks."

"It's historical."

William angles his head so she can see his slow eye roll, but the smile that involuntarily pulls at his lips betrays him. "You have at least three pails upstairs for the leaks." It's a problem he's told the Meyricks about, the family that oversees the estate, but they have bigger problems to worry about and money can't be spared.

"I wish we could stay." Jaclyn's voice grows wistful, and when he peeks at her again her lips have downturned and she's now stirring at her smoothie slowly. Like she needs to slow down, but there's nothing else to occupy her.

He knows how much she loves their time in Anglesey. The cottage is the perfect home in her mind and the village is blissful to escape into. They can go into town and no one will bother them or bat an eye, and it's possibly one of the best places to raise a child, especially the future heir to the throne.

London is busy and chaotic and they're much more accessible to the press in London. Which is the point. They can have another year in the beach side village, but eventually people will call for them to be public figures in every sense of the word. People were already starting to get antsy as they sat out more events as Jaclyn's pregnancy progressed.

"I wish we could too," he carefully maneuvers his hand to rest where hers still is on her stomach, "But it'll be nice being close to Nat and Thomas again, I know you've missed them. And we'll be closer to family too."

Under his palm her hand tenses, fingers clutching at the loose dress that falls over her belly.

"At least in KP my mom can paint the baby's nursery. You've seen the pictures of Caleb's Winnie the Pooh mural-" her words stall with a halt as a soft kick ricochets through her abdomen under their hands.

William cautiously checks on Jacly, squeezing her hand, before he relaxes and smiles. "Now that's no way to treat your mum." As if responding the baby kicks again in the same spot, and this time Jaclyn's smile caves slightly before it's back.

He takes a second, as she inspects her stomach and the road is empty ahead of him, to take her in. She so clearly glows, cheeks rosey from the cold, but smile so soft it's like she still can't believe it's happening. He saves the image, wanting to remember her here while the sun breaks apart the gray sky and her eyes blend with the blurring world outside. He'll think of this the next time he holds while she cries, and the voices curse him for doing this to her.

"We have to be very gentle with mummy. You and I, we have to take care of her, okay?" He tells her stomach while focusing on the road. Talking to the baby is enough to make his heart flip, but the joy she exudes doubles the feeling.

They pull into the drive at Sandringham with some of the staff expectantly waiting for them. Peter and Autumn are already unloading Savannah and Isla ahead of them.

"Jackie!" Two year old Savannah, takes off like a rocket the second his wife's door opens, and before she can stand the little girl is clinging to her knees half in the car. "You're almost as big as mummy was!" She exclaims with a happy shriek, hands gently resting on Jaclyn's belly like she can communicate with the baby.

"Savannah Anne!" Autumn gasps to fight off the laughter that's squeezing her chest. She scurries across the gravel with baby Isla in one arm and her bag in the other while Peter pulls suitcases out of the trunk. "Didn't I just tell you to be careful with Jac?"

William hops out, meeting Autumn on the other side to take her bag so she can adjust Isla, and they're met by the sight of Savannah pressing her to Jaclyn's stomach with a toothy grin. "She's fine, Autumn," Jaclyn giggles, copying Savannah's shocked face as the baby kicks.

"Well we don't call people huge, little miss."

"Issy was fat," she corrects.

Autumn huffs, successfully managing to get Savannah back enough so Jaclyn could stand. "Will, would mind helping Peter while I settle the girls and help Jaclyn up to your room?"

"Maybe we can squeeze a football match in before dinner," Peter shouts, while carrying two suitcases inside. Jaclyn and William share a look, both of them already grinning for the events to come.

----

The second dinner breaks and Sophie and Autumn go grab their kids to open presents William is guiding her from the dining room so she can change. The baby is extra squirmy kicking firmly and flopping this way and that.

It's still slightly baffling at twenty-nine weeks that there's another life inside of her, an extension of herself. It's that feeling that makes her impatient to meet her little bundle of joy, but at the same time she closes her eyes every night with crossed fingers that the baby will hold on for a little longer.

There's something horrifying yet equally exhilarating about approaching her due date. A part of her has never been more afraid, knowing the risks she's facing and the pain she'll endure. The other part of her wants it to be over, to hold her child and know the pain and horror was in the past.

With her EDS she knows she's lucky to have even made it to twenty-nine weeks. She also knows both their chances for survival, the baby's and hers, will get better the further along she gets.

"Jac!"

Jaclyn stalls hearing rapid get pound the old wood floors, and turns just as Louise in her plaid pajamas and socks comes to a skidding halt right before tripping over the trim of her sky blue gown.

"Can we please open presents now?" She asks, and before William or Jaclyn can respond Sophie, still in her own emerald gown and wedding tiara, comes around the corner. "Louise I told you to let everyone change. Then we'll open presents."

Louise huffs, blowing some of her stray hairs falling from her braid out of her eyes. "But it always takes so long. Aunt Anne and granny are okay waiting."

"We don't want Jac to be uncomfortable-"

"I'm alright," Jaclyn stops her, falling prey to Louise's sweet and excited eyes. In truth her feet, despite wearing flats that look like something she wore in highschool, throb, and she feels close to collapsing every time the baby kicks. If Louise and the other kids are eager to exchange gifts immediately then she can sit for a little while longer in the borrowed necklace, bracelet, and tiara.

William helps her to the saloon where the rest of the family is waiting, and despite bouncing with excitement Louise paces with them aware that she can't rush her cousin when he's obviously helping his wife. Jaclyn for her part tries not to sway with each step, tries to center herself before moving knowing it wouldn't take much for something to slip.

She can feel the elasticity between her limbs, joints pulling against each other like fresh taffy, and the last thing she wants is for an accident to happen while she's so far along.

"I see Louise found you as well," Edward laughs, shrugging at his wife who's clearly not as amused as her daughter who beams while running over to Savannah and her brother James.

"She presented her case well," William adds while placing Jaclyn down on the chaise. Her feet extend our straight in front of her, dress spilling over the side, and she leans back trying to be comfortable.

The rest of the family is already gathered around both the Queen and Prince Philip sitting nearest the stack of gag gifts and the children while the rest of the adults scatter around. Autumn sits on the other sofa with Bea and Eugenie, bouncing little Isla who looks around confused.

"Just let me know when you're done and we'll go to bed." Her husband's whispered words make her shiver, the sweet intent crawling over her exposed skin until the chills settle in her belly and the baby moves again. She tilts her head up, meeting his blue eyes as he leans over the back of the chaise. "I promise I will."

Everyone brings gifts to her, and William hands out their gifts to everyone else for her so she doesn't have to move. It makes her feel like an old time model. A woman sitting in jewels waiting as the artist captures her essence with their brush.

She loves watching everyone dig into their silly gifts, especially the kids who cackle once they've opened their "reindeer poop" and Louise shrieks as James threatens to throw his at her.

Louise rushes over to the chaise, nearly tripping over her pajama pants, giggling over the box of Ho Ho snack cakes she's holding. "I know this was you two," she points accusingly up at Jaclyn and William.

"Now Lou, why would we give you those?" William asks, feigning confusion as he leans his elbows on the back of the chaise.

"Because you thought we wouldn't notice, but I did." Jaclyn has to hide behind her hand to keep from hysterically laughing, but somehow manages to gasp out, "Well what does the card say?"

Louise rolls her eyes, but smirks as holds the card Jaclyn tied to the box with red and green string. "Ho ho ho from the ding dongs in Santa's workshop."

"Well clearly it's from Santa's workshop," the queen explains her face full of seriousness, and Louise politely nods before beckoning both Jaclyn and William to lean forward. "I pretend for their sake."

She skips off and the second she's across the room by the tree Jaclyn turns, muffling her laughter in Williams side. Zara jokingly pats her back as the rest of the family laughs in a fluttering way.

From Sophie and Edward they get a onesie that says: my uncle and aunt are definitely cooler than my dad. While Anne and Tim give them matching mugs that say: always read the fine print. From Bea and Eugenie she gets a new pair of cheap slippers, which are always better, and Zara gives her a wine bottle for after, knowing very well she most likely won't drink it.

She's tearing the paper from the Queen and Philip's gift when the baby kicks. Usually she jolts, winces, and moves like a hunchback for hours afterward because a single kick makes her feel like her internal organs are rupturing.

This time when the baby kicks she's too shocked to move, her pain paralyzing her while her mouth forms a silent O. In the place of her scream is a resounding crack which is disturbing enough to make even the children still while playing with their toys.

She turns her head as far as she can to face William, but unable to rotate her ribcage she's left blindly grappling for his hand. "Will," she exhales sharply, finally latching desperately at his fingers to keep the sudden tears in, "I think the baby just kicked my rib out of place."

No one reacts the way her family would with gasps and mass panic, but their shock is apparent. Sophie and Autumn usher the children out of the room, and Jaclyn just makes out Anne saying she'll find someone to call a doctor before leaving.

Zara is quick to come grab her other free hand, crouching on the ground in her floor length dress, but the others stay back. Panic palpable but not present in their demeanors. Someone, a voice that sounds eerily like Charles tells her to breathe, but doing so hurts worse. Every breath irritates the rib that's been pushed out like the bone is stabbing and puncturing her lungs.

"I suppose if your wife has to have a disease at least she's flexible from it," Andrew laughs, and Jaclyn's vision clears enough to see him dodge a swat from Beatrice.

William tenses behind her, his knuckles curling into the back of her chair until she's sure he'll snap the wood border right off. Charles is just as irritated beside her, mumbling a profanity to Camilla while his eyes darken in a glare. The Queen admonishes him, but her scolding voice is always so scarily quiet Jaclyn can't hear.

"Jac, darling?"

"Hm?" She hums, trying her best to move without moving so she can see William. "Anne told me what the doctor, okay? You're just going to turn around and relax as much as you can." He folds her arms over her chest easing her around so as she starts to arch back her head falls off the chaise. His hand is a solid pressure on her back and when she hits a certain point, her upper back arching over the edge towards the ground, the rib pops back in place and they all exhale.

Zara pulls her back up, handing her a glass of water and massaging her back, but Jaclyn's almost positive she's trying to distract her from Andrew who awkwardly shuffles over. From the corner of her eye she can see the grey haired man clap William on the back.

"It's just a joke, Will."

William's expression is hard and unforgiving as he removes his uncle's hand. Around the room they all pretend to not be listening, but the temperature despite the fire drops with her husband's clipped words. "I don't like to make jokes at the expense of my wife's health."

-----

Sorry for the late update! Last week was spring break and I promised myself I would spend it entirely focused on my family and friends which was such a lovely and relaxing break! Then I came back to hell otherwise known as college 😂

As for this chapter, Christmas is off to a great start lol, and before anyone asks several sources say the royal women wear tiaras to Christmas Eve dinner. Now that could be a total lie, but I want to include as many tiara moments as possible so... Yeah 😁

The next chapter will be the walkabout because I just couldn't fit into this chapter. Tell me what you guys think in the comments!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 1.8K 19
The Queen is dead! Long live the King! Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has passed. Rocking the foundation of the British royal family and bringing to...
17.7K 622 59
Princess Ella Elizabeth Windsor. Princess of Buckingham palace. Sometimes she loves being a princess but sometimes she hates it. She soon starts lovi...
82K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
1.4K 305 25
Long ago when princess Ginny was born, a dark wizard Voldemort cast a curse so she will die on her sixteenth birthday. But instead, another wizard Al...