The Legend of Korra: Grandson...

By TheCayde

When one legend ends, another rises from the ashes. Join Ryu the right hand man of his best friend Korra who... More

Book 4: Welcome to Republic City
Book 4: A Leaf in the Wind
Book 4: The Revelation
Book 4: The Voice in the Night
Book 4: The Spirit of Competition
Book 4: And the Winner Is...
Book 4: The Aftermath
Book 4: When Extremes Meet
Book 4: Out of the Past
Book 4: Turning the Tides
Book 4: Skeletons in the Closet
Book 4 Finale: Endgame
Book 5: Rebel Spirit
Book 5: The Southern Lights
Book 5: Civil Wars
Book 5: Peacekeepers
Book 5: The Guide
Book 5: A New Spiritual Age
Book 5: Night of a Thousand Stars
Book 5: Harmonic Convergence
Book 5: Darkness Falls
Book 5 Finale: Light in the Dark
Book 6: A Breath of Fresh Air
Book 6: Rebirth
Book 6: The Earth Queen
Book 6: In Harm's Way
Book 6: The Metal Clan
Book 6: Old Wounds
Book 6: The Terror Within
Book 6: The Stakeout
Book 6: Long Live the Queen
Book 6: The Ultimatum
Book 6: Enter the Void
Book 6 Finale: Venom of the Red Lotus
Book 7: After All These Years
Book 7: Ryu and Korra Alone
Book 7: The Coronation
Book 7: The Calling
Book 7: Enemy at the Gates
Book 7: The Battle of Zaofu
Book 7: Reunion
Book 7: Remembrances
Book 7: Beyond the Wilds
Book 7: Operation Beifong
Book 7: Kuvira's Gambit
Book 7: Day of the Colossus
Book 7 Finale: The Last Stand

Book 5: Beginnings

942 21 8
By TheCayde

Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world.

The Avatar and Ryu has gone missing. After President Raiko refused Korra's request to aid the South in the war of the Water Tribes, she and Ryu headed to the Fire Nation, seeking a new ally against Unalaq. But unbeknownst to her friends, a dark spirit attacked Korra and Ryu and dragged them into the ocean. As Ryu washed up on the island where he was taken by a mysterious deer cat taking him to the Western Air Temple. Korra has washed up on a desolate island with no memory of who she is.
============================

The episode opens to an upward shot of the moving sky and the top of the trees. Then to the mountain side as the deer cat was shown climbing up a mounting with the still unconscious as Ryu began to mumble words.

Ryu: Raava... Wan... Raava... Wan.

The scene changes to the Western Air Temple with the kids playing and the adults watching with a smile. The deer cat came into view as the kids looked as Roku and Kya gets in front them.

Ikki: Kitty!

Jinora: It's a Deer Cat!

Roku: What's a deer cat doing all the way up here?

Kya: Oh my...

Roku looked over its back seeing Ryu unconscious and with raggedy clothes. His eyes widen as the deer cat gently placed him on the ground and sits next to him.

Everyone ran over checking up on him as Kya found a pulse giving a nod to Roku, multiple air acolytes run to the scene taking him away as the deer cat follows them.

Cut to a facial shot of Korra, her tired eyes half-lidded and the shadows of the trees passing over her face. Switch to a far off shot of three members of the Bhanti, two of them carrying a stretcher, running toward the Bhanti Village Temple. Cut to a backshot of an old woman inside the temple who turns around. Switch to a shot from over her shoulder, revealing the three tribesmen entering the temple.

Female Sage: We found the Avatar washed up onshore, but she doesn't remember anything.

The Male Sages put Korra on the table.

Korra: Raava. Raava. Raava.

Old woman: Was Ryu with her?

Male Sage: No pr-

She sent a oddly familiar glare that shuts him up but he shook his head no. Cut to a close-up of the woman using her firebending to read Korra's energy. She creates a familiar blue fire from her palms and waves her hands around Korra.

Old Woman: A dark energy has infected her. We must purge it before it destroys her Avatar Spirit.

Cut to a shot of Korra's face as she is still not fully conscious. Dissolve to a cave with a large hole in the ground, where light shines up from below. The Sages lower Korra into subterranean spirit waters.

Old Woman: Let the waters cleanse the darkness that plagues your spirit.

Cut to a wider shot of the cavern below, constructed by hexagonal rock formations. As Korra is lowered down, the camera follows her. The large pool of water is lit with light shining up from below. Cut to a shot from underneath the water as Korra touches the surface, the hammock keeping her face above water.

Cut to a close-up of Korra and zoom in to an extreme close-up. In the water, the camera zooms in to a close-up of Korra's eyes. As she opens them, she is in a dreamworld, surrounded by a purple light. She is looking at her own image, engulfed in a blue light.

Korra: Who are you?

Image: I am you

Korra: Who am I?

Korra's image ripples and is replaced by Aang's.

Aang: You are the Avatar.

Korra: I don't know what that is.

Aang's image ripples and changes into Roku's.

Roku: In order to remember, you must regain your connection with your Avatar Spirit.

Roku's image ripples and changes into Kyoshi's.

Kyoshi: If you don't, darkness will engulf the world. You will die, and our era will end.

Korra: How do I regain my connection?

Kyoshi's image ripples and changes into Kuruk's.

Kuruk: Go back. Return to the beginning. Find Raava.

Korra is pushed away from Kuruk by a strong current of water and bubbles. She frowns in discomfort as her body flips around, but the current quickly stops. She turns around and sees Ryu? In front of a circle of light. Cut back to a frontal shot of Korra.

Korra: Are you Raava? You look like...Ryu? Wait how do I know that name?

Cut back to a frontal shot of her friend's look a like with the camera slowing moving in to a close-up of him.

???: No, but I can help you find her and tell you about your friends ancestry. My name is Wan, and I will show you how I became the first Avatar.

The scene transitions as the shot stays on a close up of Wan that becomes clearer. The background fades into a street and Wan is now running with a confident grin and a bag in his hand. Side-shot of three very similar looking brothers, one short, one medium sized, and one tall, each holding a guan dao glaive of a matching size as they chase after Wan.

Little Chou: Nobody steals from the Chou brothers!

Wan: Really? Because I just did.

Big Chou: You're dead, Wan.

Wan jumps on a railing. He turns around to salute the brothers mockingly before letting himself fall backward, off the railing.

Wan: Actually, I feel quite alive.

The Chou Brothers run up to the railing. Cut to a side-shot of a house. Wan drops in from above, face first, and grabs hold of a clothesline, which breaks his fall and swings him back up. Wan hides in an alcove as the Chou Brothers come crashing down screaming, tearing all the clotheslines down with them.

Cut to the ground on which the three brothers land hard, a sheet floating down upon them. Wan lands on them to cushion his fall and runs away. Cut to a frontal shot of Wan running, a grin plastered on his face. Switch to a side-shot as Wan runs over a bridge, scaring a flock of birds in the process to take flight. The Chou Brothers run onto the bridge after him.

Little Chou: Hey, stop!

The birds drop droppings on the Chous, causing them to slide to a halt. Cut to a closer side-shot. The brothers, only their mouths uncovered, stare angrily to their side, toward the camera.

Cut to a shot of Wan dropping down on a roof. He jumps toward a wooden bar, around which he turns and somersaults off on the next roof. He runs it down, jumps on a lower located roof on which he tumbles. He jumps again to another roof, but starts to slow down to a walk. Cut to a downward angle of a balcony as Wan slides down the roof tiles of a last house and lands on the balcony.

Cut to a closer shot on ground level as he sits down and rummages through the bag with his left hand, his tongue sticking out in anticipation. He pulls out a roll, but just as he is about to take a bite from it, Big Chou lands in front of the camera, and it zooms out from between his legs. Cut to a shot of Big Chou as his two brothers appear from behind him and it zooms out. The Chous catch up with Wan, who is seen in the reflection of Big Chou's blade.

Wan: He-he-hey, fellas! You're just in time for lunch!

He throws a piece of food in Big Chou's face leaving a red mark on his nose and jumps over him, but is tripped by Middle Chou, subsequently falling on the ground.

Little Chou: I told you no one steals from us.

Big Chou takes Wan by the collar and easily lifts him in the air with one hand while glaring at him. Wan nervously laughs at him. Cut to a side-shot as a screaming Wan flies by, having been thrown off the wall. He disappears behind a tree. Cut to a side-shot of a pigsty. Wan comes flying in and lands in the mud, rousing the interest of a nearby standing moo-sow. He sits erect, disgustedly wiping the mud out of his face. Disheartedly, he looks to his right where the animal is sniffing at him.

Cut to an overview shot of the entire city slowly panning down. A tree house is visible among the tree branches of the surrounding forest. Cut to a closer shot of the city's houses panning down to the forest and eventually the tree house as Wan enters it.

Switch to a view from the inside out, revealing a young man sitting on the ground on the left, watching Wan climb through the door. His best friend Jaya sighs while Wan walks in, digging into his shirt to take out some food.

Jaya: Did you steal from the Chous again?

Wan: Yeah, and I got to nothing show for it except a few dirty rolls and a whole lot of bruises.

He hands Jaya a roll. Jaya smiles and walks over to a figure who is shadowed.

Wan: Hey, Yao, I got some food for you.

A branch-like hand reaches out to grab the roll to reveal a disfigured old man who appears partly quasi-treelike. Yao eats the roll, closing his eyes and smiling in delight.

Yao: Mmm. Delicious! Thank you, Wan.

Cut to the previous shot with Jaya as two skunk squirrels, a peacock pigeon, and a woodpecker lizard enter the house as Wan sits down in front of them. Cut to a shot of the animals from over Wan's shoulder as they all look at him and his roll.

Wan: You guys are hungry too, huh?

He tears small pieces from his roll and feeds it to the animals, who all eat happily.

Jaya: Wan, you should eat.

Wan: They need it more than I do. Besides, I'm tired of eating scraps.

He takes a cup and teapot from a nearby table and pours some tea for himself.

Wan: If only there was some way to get into the Chous' food cellar. We'd be eating like, well, like Chous.

Jaya: If Chou the Elder catches you sneaking into his palace, you'll end up dead. Or worse, he'll banish you to the Spirit Wilds.

Yao: No, don't get banished. You don't want nothing to do with those spirits. They'll get inside ya, scramble up your mind, turn you into this, a monster!

Jaya: Don't do anything crazy, Wan. You just gotta accept the world is the way it is. Some people have power. Some people don't. And you don't.

He sips his tea and appears to be thinking. He looks away and smirks.

Wan: Not yet, anyway.
============================

Cut to a partly aerial shot of the city square.

Huntsman: Are you strong?

Cut to a wide shot of the huntsman.

Huntsman: Are you fearless? Do you have what it takes to battle the spirits? Then join the hunt.

Wan: Count me in.

The camera pans right to reveal Wan raising his hand. Cut to an over the shoulder shot of the huntsman from behind Wan as the huntsman gives Wan a scrutinizing look, before laughing.

Huntsman: We're going to be out in the wilds for a week. You wouldn't last two seconds.

Wan: I can handle myself. We all get fire, right?

Huntsman: Yeah, but do you know how to use it?

Wan: Well, not exactly, but I-

A Hunter walks into the frame and puts a hand on Wan's shoulder.

Hunter: Ah, let him come. Not like we got any other volunteers lining up.

Huntsman: All right. Welcome to the hunt.

Cut to outside the city. Cut to a extreme wide shot of the city. The hunting party is walking up to the lion turtle. At a cliff, they stop, and the huntsman blows on his horn. The lion turtle emerges upon hearing the call.

Wan: The lion turtle.

Huntsman: Great guardian of our city, we are venturing into the Spirit Wilds to bring back food for our people. Please, grant us the power of fire.

Lion Turtle: The power is yours to keep until your return.

Huntsman: You're first, kid.

Lion Turtle: May the element of fire protect you against the spirits.

Wan tests out his newly-received ability by punching in front of him. The blast he creates sends him tumbling backward. He comes to a stop among the other hunters while the head huntsman steps forward.

Huntsman: Just make sure you aim at the spirits, not us, okay?

Wan: Sure thing.

Huntsman: Everyone, stay close. Spirits love to pick off stragglers.

Wan: Uh, guys? I don't think I can do this

Huntsman: Now, quit your whining. We haven't even seen a spirit yet.

Wan: I think I wanna go home.

Huntsman: I knew you were nothing but a sniveling coward. Go give your fire back to the lion turtle,

Shoves Wan back and turns around to continue on.

Huntsman: and don't ever show your face around me again.

Cut to a frontal shot of a sad-looking Wan with the hunting party leaving behind him. He looks after them over his shoulder, though as he faces forward again, the camera pans to the right with him and his frown shifts into a smirk. He walks away while slightly raising his right fist in confidence. Scene cuts to a high angle shot of the tree house as Wan returns. A side-shot of the inside of the tree house where Jaya was playing Pai Sho with Yao.

Jaya: Wan, you're back.

Yao: What goodies did you snatch for us this time?

Cut to a front shot of Wan demonstrating his ability to firebend by extending his hand, causing a small flame to appear in his palm much to Jaya's surprise. Cut to a shot from Wan's point of views. Yao yelps in shock and crouches back into a corner, shielding himself. Wan closes his palm, extinguishing the flame.

Jaya: What did you do? You can't steal from the lion turtle.

Wan: Really? Because I just did.

Cut to a frontal shot of the city at night. The camera pans down to find Wan and his friends as they make their way to the Chou estate.

Jaya: You know it's forbidden to bring the power of the element into the city. Please, go back to the lion turtle and return the fire.

Wan: Jaya, it's time to stop being so afraid of the Chous and show them we have the power to change things.

He takes out his mask from his bag and put it on. He turns to leave. The rest of the group follow his example, though their masks are all the same, save for Jaya's. Cut to a shot of the Chou family's palace, the group having gathered before its gates. The camera zooms in a bit and switches to a side-shot of the group as Wan steps forward.

Wan: Hey, Chous! Open the gate, and let us in.

Cut to a side-shot of the balcony with Chou the Elder walking toward the railing, his three sons in tow. He stops and looks down.

Elder Chou: What are those filthy peasants doing here?

The brothers stop as well, a short distance behind their father.

Big Chou: Don't worry father. We'll take care of them.

The Chou brothers turn around, leaving their father to continue to look down. The camera pans slightly to the right to follow the brothers' exit. Cut to a side-shot of Wan, as he lowers his head from looking up to looking to his front.

Switch to a shot from over the group's head as the Chou brothers emerge from the palace's gates. The line up before the doors, which close immediately again.

Wan: Hand over all the food you're hoarding, and we won't give you any trouble.

Big Chou: You're not getting past us. We have the weapons. You're powerless.

Wan: Powerless, huh?

Switch to a side-shot. The Chou brothers all raise their weapon toward the group and slide in a battle stance. As they charge the group, Wan raises both his hands and his left knee. He takes a good step forward and thrusts his hands toward the incoming brothers, firebending at them.

The brothers jump out of the way to either side of the blast, sliding over the floor. The blast crashed against the palace's gate. Cut to a frontal shot from right after the gate as the fire consumes it and breaks it open, leaving the group standing right in front of the open door.

Wan: Follow me!

The group runs through the broken doors. Cut to an aerial shot as they reach the courtyard. Switch to a shot on ground level as Wan surges forward to breaks down the door to the food cellar with his firebending. As soon as the fire dies down, the other raiders run op to the now wide-open building.

Wan: Grab as much food as you can.

The villagers all run inside the shed.

Jaya: Maybe you're right.

Wan turns to Jaya; the first raiders return with big bags swung over their shoulder.

Jaya: Maybe we do have the power to change things.

Guard: Stop right there!

Wan turns to see over his right shoulder. Cut to an aerial shot of the Chou brothers approaching with ten armed guards.

Jaya: Looks like the Chous found backup.

Wan: Get everyone out of here. I'll hold them off.

As Jaya turns to run with the other raiders, Wan surges forward. Cut to a side-shot of the two parties. Wan leaps forward and scatters the troops with a powerful firebending blast. He throws another blast to keep two soldiers at bay. Switch to a frontal shot of Wan as a soldier comes at him with his spear aimed at Wan's chest.

Wan grabs hold of the weapon and uses it to turn and swing his attacker against Big Chou, who was standing behind him. He uses his own momentum to keep on turned and hurl the weapon away. As his back is turned to the camera, Little Chou seizes his moment and jumps onto Wan, clasping on tight.

Cut to an aerial shot as Wan tries to toss his assailant. He firebends in a circle to keep the four people surrounding him at bay. He manages to throw Little Chou, though the guy held on to Wan's mask and took it with him. Cut to a ground shot of the smallest brother rolling over the ground. Little Chou comes to a halt. He sits up on his knees and immediately raises his hands in defeat.

Little Chou: No, please! Have mercy!

He looks up. Switch to his point of view to find that it is Wan looming over him with a fire ball readied in his right hand. Cut to a close-up of a shocked and surprised Little Chou.

Little Chou: Wan?

Cut back to the low angle shot of Wan. Wan's resolve wavers and he snuffs out the fire in his hand as well as the fiery circle surrounding them. As soon as the way is cleared again, Wan is instantly tackled to the ground by two guards jumping at him from his left. Cut to a still surprised Little Chou who regains his composure and gets to his feet. Cut to a further off shot of Wan being held and pulled to his feet. They are surrounded by the soldiers and the two other Chou brothers.

Little Chou: Even when you have the power, you're afraid to use it.

Cut to a close-up of Wan who angrily looks down on Little Chou, but slants his eyes to his left in a sad defeat. Scene cuts to a far side-shot outside the city in front of the lion turtle as Wan, the Chous, and soldiers stand on the outcropping before it. Cut to a shot from behind Wan, who is held by his arms by a soldier standing on each side of him, with the Chou family standing in front of the lion turtle.

Elder Chou: Tell me who else was involved in the rebellion, and I might take mercy on you.

Close side-shot. The guard on the right slightly glances at Wan; defiantly.

Wan: I'm not telling you anything.

Cut to a close-up side-shot of Chou the Elder with the camera moving slightly.

Elder Chou: Then, you've left me no choice. Wan, you are hereby banished.

Little Chou: Yeah!

The guards start to push Wan toward the lion turtle.

Little Chou: And give back the fire you stole.

Wan: No! Wait. Great lion turtle, I am sorry for stealing the fire from you, and I accept my punishment. But please, I need to be able to protect myself in the wilds.

Lion Turtle: Never again may you return to this city. But I will allow you to keep the power of the element.

Cut to a back shot of Wan being shoved out of the city. He looks back at his city one more time before hanging his head in sadness and walks away to the Spirit Wilds as the sun sets. Scene shifts to the walls as Yao and Jaya watch.

Yao: Bet he doesn't last till morning.
=============================

Cut to a panning left shot of Wan walking down a path in the forest far in the background, the camera looking between two tree trunks in the foreground. Wan nervously hikes along and flings fire at any spirit he thinks is a threat. He backs up into a tree and hears a shrill voice.

Frog Spirit: Hey,

Wan shivers in fear and quickly waves his fire around to see who the voice is.

Frog Spirit: watch where you're stepping, human!

Wan: Who said that?

Frog Spirit: Down here!

Wan looks down. Cut to a shot of Wan's foot as a small blue frog slides out from under it.

Frog spirit: How'd you like it if I started walking all over you?

Cut back to Wan who sighs in relief.

Wan: You're just a little frog.

The frog in size much to Wan's shock. In a deep voice.

Frog Spirit: Who's little now?

He then tries to stomp Wan with his foot but Wan dodges it in time. Wan runs off screaming as the frog spirit tries to whip him with his tongue. Cut to Wan as he looks back as he walks backward to a Venus flytrap. The plant suddenly eats him. It lifts its mouth while Wan tries to get out of there by punching through but to no avail. He finally gets out by firebending inside the flytrap's mouth that burps him out, along with a large cloud of smoke, and Wan quickly runs away.

Cut to a shot of the dark night sky before tilting down to the tree tops. Three green, tadpole-like spirits fly past the camera before the shot pans to ground level. A tiny green spirit with a puffball body, bird-like legs, and a long beak lands on the ground and jumps off camera. In the background, Wan runs into view and falls down on his back, catching his breath. Cut to a shot of Wan from above as he collapses on the grass out of exhaustion.

Much to Wan's surprise, the grass underneath him appears to be alive and swiftly wraps itself around him, dragging him into the ground. He narrowly escapes with firebending, scorching a patch of the grass, frantically climbs out, and runs off while panicking. Scene shifts to the sky as night turns into day. Scene shifts to a close-up of a sleepless and weary Wan.

His appearance haggard, covered in dirt and having dark circles under his eyes from a lack of sleep. He is visibly shaken, looking left and right for any signs of danger.

Cut to a low angle shot of Wan's lower body from the side as he trudges onward. He stops once his stomach growls and makes his way over to a tree that he believes to be carrying fruit. He tries eating it only to discover that it is a nest of hornets.

Wan: Get off me! Get off me!

Wan runs directly at the camera. Cut to a shot of his back as he runs away and right off a cliff. Cut to a side-shot of the cliff as Wan is painfully tumbling it down. He is thrown off an outcropping and falls further down. Cut to a shot on ground level as he slides to a halt, groaning and looking all disheveled. As he looks up, he sees a peaceful looking oasis with fruit trees. He walks over to it, but as he attempts to cross the bridge, a spirit appears out of nowhere in front of him and shoves him back.

Aye-Aye: You are not welcome in my oasis, human.

Wan: Please, help me. I'm starving and I haven't slept all night.

Aye-Aye: Not my problem.

Wan firebends at the spirit.

Wan: Let me pass.

The spirit widens his eyes in surprise for a moment before turning angry.

Aye-Aye: You dare use fire against me?

The spirit blinks out of sight only to reappear behind Wan with a mocking face and grabs him.

Aye-Aye: Now, be gone with you!

He throws Wan to a bush. Wan walks out of the bush with the aye-aye spirit blinking while looking annoyed, followed by an uninterested expression as the spirit walks away. Wan hangs his head in defeat and walks away. Cut to a side-shot of Wan as he walks away depressed.

Wan turns to the screen with a confused look for a moment which changes to one of surprise. Cut to a partly aerial shot of a parade of spirits marching in. Wan hides in a bush in fear. Cut to a aerial shot of the spirit parade going to the oasis. Cut to a shot of the spirits relaxing.

Cut to a shot of Wan's surprised face. He smiles as an idea forms. He emerges from the bush disguised as a bush spirit, joining in an attempt to enter the oasis. Cut to a shot of the aye-aye as the spirits pass by the camera in the foreground. Wan approaches the spirit. The aye-aye spirit narrows his eyes at Wan in suspicion.

Aye-Aye: And who might you be?

Wan: I am Bushy, the Bush Spirit. And I would like the enter your oasis.

Aye-Aye: Very well. You may pass.

As Wan walks by, the spirit widens his eyes in surprise and sniffs.

Aye-Aye: Wait a second. Something stinks. I knew I smelled a human!

Wan's face turns blue and sweats nervously before shrugging nervously with a very big, sheepish grin. The camera quickly zooms out. The aye-aye spirit picks up Wan and throws him in the water. Cut to a shot of Wan sitting in the water, soaked, as his disguise scatters.

Wan: Come on, let me in, just for a little while.

Aye-Aye: No! Go back to your lion turtle.

Wan: Believe me, I'd love to go back home. But I can't. I was kicked out.

Spirit 1: That's too bad.

Spirit 2: Poor human.

Aye-Aye: Don't pity him. He's just like every other human: ugly, destructive, and lacking any respect for nature.

Wan: Who are you calling ugly, Ugly?

Cut to the aye-aye spirit who looks surprised for a moment with the other spirits turning and looking at him before frowning in annoyance.

Aye-Aye: Mmm.

Spirit 1: If you can't go back to your city, then you should go live in another one.

Wan: What? There are other lion turtles?

Aye-Aye: "There are other lion turtles?" Of course there are, dozens of them! Boy, you humans are stupid, too.

Wan: So which way to the nearest lion turtle city?

Aye-Aye: Hmm. I think it's on the other side of none-of-your-business valley.

He laughs at his own joke, looking to the other spirits for approval. Cut to Wan frowning in irritation.

Wan: Real funny. You know what? I don't need your help. I'll find it myself.

He turns around and walks away. Cut to in front of Wan with the spirits on the bridge in the background. Wan takes a few steps and suddenly falls into a deeper part of the pond, disappearing from view. One of the kind spirits, a tall green one with four arms, a white, mask like face, and leaves for hair, waves goodbye.

Spirit 2: Good luck!

Dissolves to a far wide shot of Wan, who keeps walking until he comes across a cat deer caught in a net. Wan, intent on cooking the animal, produces a flame in each hand, but decides against this idea as he approaches the animal, who is giving him a sad and pleading stare. He sighs cut to a shot from the side as Wan walks toward the cat deer as it growls once more.

Wan: It's okay. I'm gonna get you out of there.

Cut to a high angle shot as Wan climbs the tree to cut down the net that is holding the cat deer. However, before he can take action, the four hunters he was supposed to join earlier arrive.

Huntsman: Finally, we caught something. Get it down.

He and the hunters start jogging toward it. Wan steps out from behind the tree trunk and onto the branch. Cut to a low angle shot of Wan from the front.

Wan: Back off.

Huntsman: Wan? What are you doing here?

Wan: I'm saving this animal.

Huntsman: That animal's our dinner. Now, get out of the way.

Wan: No!

Wan jumps out of the tree while firebending at the hunters and a chase through the Spirit Wilds commences, with Wan using the many dangers of the forest to his advantage.

Hunter: Ahh! He-help! Help!

He is dragged under by living grass. Wan runs past a tree with hornet nests, grabs two, and flings them at the hunters.

Hunter 2: Get 'em off! Get 'em off!

He is dragged off into the air.

Hunter 2: Ahh!

Wan runs on, evading the fire blasts the last two remaining hunters throw at him, until he is hit. The force of the blast catapults him in the air, where he smacks against a branch and falls barely conscious on the ground, enabling his pursuers to catch up witch him.

Huntsman: Well, looks like you're all out of tricks, Wan.

The aye-aye spirit appears behind the huntsman and possesses the second hunter, who starts partially transforming into the spirit's likeness.

Aye-Aye: I. Really. Hate. Humans!

The huntsman is assaulted by his possessed comrade.

Huntsman: No, no!

He runs away screaming. The aye-aye spirit leaves the hunter's body. The man groans, but upon noticing his deformed hands, starts feeling up his face. Realizing he now looks partly like an aye-aye, he runs away screaming as well. The aye-aye behind him watches him go with a uninterested look.

Aye-Aye: I don't know what he's screaming about. He's better looking now.

The aye-aye spirit carries Wan back to the oasis and places him in spirit water, which heals Wan's wounds.

Wan: I feel great. What's in this water?

Aye-Aye: It has special healing properties.

A friendly spirit hands Wan a piece of fruit.

Wan: Thanks.

Wan takes a bite out of the fruit.

Wan: So what did you do to that hunter?

Aye-Aye: Spirits are able to take over a human body for a short time. If I stayed in there any longer, I would've killed him, which I did consider.

Wan: Thanks for saving my neck. But why'd you do it?

Aye-Aye: I saw you save the cat deer from those hunters. I've never seen such an act of selflessness from a human before.

Wan: Told you I wasn't like the others.

He then pets the deer cat he saved from the hunters.

Aye-Aye: Guess I underestimated you, human.

Spirit 2: Are you off to find another lion turtle city?

Wan: I was. But I think I've had enough of humans for a while. I've decided to stay here and learn the ways of the spirits.

Spirit 1: What a great idea.

Spirit 2: That'll be fun.

Aye-Aye: Oh, now, now, hold on. A human living with spirits? It's never been done.

Wan: First time for everything, right?

Aye-Aye: Hmm. I guess we can try it. I've never had a human as a pet before. I think I'll call you "Stinky."

Wan: The name is Wan.

Aye-Aye: Stinky is more accurate.
==========================

The scene shifts to the fire lion turtle city's square as the huntsman returns alone.

Citizen: What happened in the wilds?

Citizen 2: Where are the others?

Huntsman: Gone. Spirits took them.

As the huntsman speaks, the camera zooms out to reveal Jaya and Yao watching in the foreground. Cut to a shot of the two from the front, looking amazed.

Huntsman: They were protecting that kid, Wan, like he was one of their own.

Jaya: Did you hear that? Wan's still alive.

Cut to a shot of a white dragon flying in the air in a figure-eight motion. It swoops downward and the camera follows it toward ground level. Wan is firebending and performing the Dancing Dragon technique, moving toward the right of the camera as the dragon flies right.

Wan's spirit friends are in the background, including the giant frog spirit. They clap and cheer for Wan as he moves out of frame. Cut to a medium shot of Wan continuing the form, with the dragon flying in the background. Wan turns and bends fire at the camera, while at the same time the dragon swoops at the camera.

The dragon's body fills the frame and once it passes, the scene transitions to a shot of an older Wan, his hair now longer and hanging, and with a scruff of hair on his chin. He is in a battle stance in front of the oasis. Cut to a view of Wan's back, showing the hunters standing on the other side of the bridge, whom Wan wards off by redirecting their fire.

Huntsman: And the way Wan moves fire, it's like nothing I've ever seen. He uses it like it's an extension of his body.

The huntsman frowns and readies to attack. Side-shot of the hunters as they throw their fire. Camera follows the fire as it reaches Wan who redirects it and throws it to the ground near the hunters, making them fall over. They stand up and run away.

Cut to Wan standing in front of the oasis. The spirits show up and gather around him cheering. Wan downs cup of tea given to him by one of the spirits in victory. Cut to a side-view of the fire lion turtle city.

Jaya: Wan has proved that with the power of fire, anyone can survive in the wilds.

Cut to an older Jaya with a short beard and mustache and Yao standing before a crowd of townspeople in the foreground in the forest outside the city.

Jaya: We don't have to live under Chou the Elder's rules anymore, so I say we leave this city and start over. Who's with me?

The crowd cheers. Dissolve to a far panning left shot from the side of the lion turtle. They all receive firebending from the lion turtle before leaving toward the Spirit Wilds. Cut to Wan at the Spirit Oasis. The cat deer has a traveling pack and a saddle. Wan scratches its neck, and it tilts its head and purrs.

Wan: You ready to go, Mula?

Aye-Aye: You sure you want to leave?

Wan: Yes. It's time I see the rest of the world and find the other lion turtle cities.

Aye-Aye: I'm proud to call you my friend, Stinky.

Wan: Thank you for everything. Goodbye, everyone.

Spirit: We'll miss you.

Wan rides away from the oasis. Cut to several nature scenes through which Wan travels, covering the passage of a day, until he reaches a stream where he encounters a parade of spirits running away in the same direction.

Random spirit: The all-powerful spirits are battling!

Random spirit 2: They're gonna wipe out the entire valley!

Wan goes to investigate what is causing the stampede. He reaches a clearing where two large spirits, a black and a white one, are locked in battle, destroying their surroundings as they go. Wan runs up to them and firebends at them, drawing the spirits' attention.

Wan: Stop, or you'll destroy everything!

Raava: This doesn't concern you, human!

Wan: It does when the lives of spirits and animals are in danger.

Vaatu: If you're a friend to spirits, then use your fire to help me break free.

Raava: Don't involve the human. This is between us.

Vaatu: Please, save me. She has tormented me for ten thousand years.

Wan: Ten thousand years? Let him go!

Wan firebends at the spirits, but is tossed aside by Raava. As he emerges out of the bushes again, he notices that the two spirits are only connected with one another by one tentacle. He firebends at that connection, severing it. As soon as they're separated, Vaatu flies away to rest atop a nearby mountain, while Raava screams and shrinks slightly.

Vaatu: Thank you, human. You have performed a great service for the spirits.

Frontal shot of Mula and a confused-looking Wan.

Raava: Do you realize what you've done?

Wan: Yeah, I helped a spirit who was being bullied by you.

Raava: You are gravely mistaken. I was keeping him under control.

Wan: And what gives you the right?

Raava: You don't even know who I am, do you?

Wan: Should I?

Raava: Yes. My name is Raava. That spirit you freed is Vaatu. He is the force of darkness and chaos. I am the force of light and peace. Since the beginning of time, we have battled over the fate of this world. And for the past ten thousand years, I have kept darkness under control and the world in balance, until you came along.

Wan: So, by freeing Vaatu, I let chaos into the world?

Raava: Precisely. The human and spirit realms are headed toward annihilation,

Close- side-shot of Wan's head.

Raava: and it's all your fault.

The side-shot moves to the right, changing to one of Korra, who still lies in the water.

Korra: Raava. I found you.

A close-up of Korra's face, eyes closed, slowly zooms out. The head-shot fades to an aerial shot of her entire body and the pool of water she is lying in, while still zooming out, to the point where the underground pool is left and four members of the Bhanti overseeing Korra's recovery come into view.

Karu: Should we pull her up?

Old Woman: No. She is connecting with her deepest Avatar memories. She must confront her own past if she is to move forward. We can only hope that she survives her ordeal.

The close-up stops at her closed eyes. They twitch, and suddenly open. When they do, the shot moves back to reveal Korra's entire body, surrounded by a purple light, signaling she is still in her dream world. Korra's spirit is looking wide-eyed at something before her. The scene pans to Ryu who opened his eyes as he was in the same exact state Korra was in but this time he was in front a of Raava instead of his reflection.

Raava: Hello blood of Wan.

Ryu: Wan? And who are you?

Raava: You do not know me but your friend does. My name is Raava... a friend of your ancestor.

Ryu: But why come to me? Why not the Avatar?

Raava: All will be explained. But I want to show the beginning... of your friend's life cycle. The human and spirit realms are headed toward annihilation.

Back-shot of Ryu's head; he turns around upon hearing the voice.

Raava: And it's all your fault.

The camera turns around Ryu to view over his shoulder, showing that he is now looking at a scene between Raava and Wan. Ryu looked at Wan in shock and points at him.

Ryu: It's... It's me.

Raava: No but you both share a uncanny resemblance... now watch.

Raava: This is why humans have no place interfering in the business of spirits.

Cut to a close-up frontal shot.

Wan: This world is home to all of us, and what happens here is everyone's business.

Raava: Thanks to you, this world may cease to exist! I only hope I can track down Vaatu before it's too late.

Wan: Let me help you.

Raava: I don't want your help. Don't interfere with me again, human!

Raava flies away, weaving herself through the sky. Cut to a side-shot of Wan and Mula as they turn to one another with wondering looks on their faces.

Wan: Let's get moving.
===========================

Far off shot of Wan and Mula standing in the clearing. They start to walk to the right. Cut to a shot of a trail leading through the woods. Mula walks into view with Wan perched on its back. They stop and look to their left as they hear a noise coming from the bushes. The camera pans right to follow their gaze, revealing a fruit tree, its branches shaking slightly. Cut to a frontal shot of a shrub as Mula emerges from it.

Both the animal and Wan look toward the scene before them. Cut to a far frontal shot, revealing four monks who are busy harvesting the fruits from the tree. Two of the monks bring their left hand toward their chest, their fingers stretched, which creates a cloud underneath them.

The camera pans up to follow the monks floating to the top branches of the tree, where another monk, on a cloud of his own, is already plucking the fruit. Close-up of a fruit that is being plucked by a monk, and zoom out to reveal that the monk wears similar clothing and tattoos to the later Air Nomads.

Wan: Do you see that, Mula? People. And they have some kind of wind power.

Cut to a back shot of the nomads. Wan rides up to them; laughs; excitedly.

Wan: More humans! I found you.

The nomads startle and run away in fright, one dropping his basket.

Wan: Wait! I'm friendly!

Wan gives chase, which nearly ends up killing him when Mula stops abruptly before a cliff, tossing him. He manages to grab an overhanging branch and pulls himself back up. As he emerges above the cliff again, he sees one of the nomads running up to him and use his airbending to fly toward a floating lion turtle.

Wan: The legends are true. Another lion turtle city. And it's flying.

The scene briefly shifts to the lion turtle taking back the airbending of the foragers. Cut back to an amazed Wan.

Wan: I have got to get over there.

He ties a rope to a tree and around a rock.

Wan: There. Okay, Mula. Wish me luck.

Wan climbs on the tree and burns the rope with his firebending, catapulting himself toward the lion turtle. However, he does not fly far enough, falling down.

Wan: Oh, no--.

He manages to grab hold of dangling vines; fade to an aerial view of the village; cut to inside the city as Wan explores the village. A green transparent bird-like spirit flies by him much to Wan's surprise and amazement. Wan smiles in amazement as he watches it go past him.

Wan: Wow.

Cut to a wide shot of a group of meditating nomads. Wan approaches the nomads.

Wan: Hi, how are you? I'm Wan.

The nomads stay silent and look at each other.

Wan: Um, sorry to interrupt, but it's been a while since I've seen other humans.

Nomad: Where did you come from, stranger?

Wan: Another lion turtle city far away. For the past two years I've been living among the spirits and exploring the wilds.

Nomad: Remarkable. Come. Sit with us. We would love to hear of your travels.

A spirit sitting on the nomad's shoulder becomes dark and flies off much to the nomads' surprise and shock. Another dark spirit cuts through a wall of a nearby hut. People run out screaming. Next moment, there are dark spirits all over the village and Vaatu floats in the sky.

Wan: Vaatu.

Vaatu: So, we meet again, human.

Nomad: Why is the great spirit of the darkness here but not his other half?

Wan slightly flinches nervously.

Wan: Uh, I'll explain later.

He runs offscreen. Cut to a wide-shot of the sky as Wan runs up to Vaatu.

Wan: Leave these people in peace. They've done nothing to harm you.

Wan firebends at a dark spirit who attacks a woman, and proceeds to fight the other spirits. As he fought Raava appeared and knocks Vaatu away.

Raava: Be gone.

Vaatu: How are you feeling since our split, Raava? I've never been better. When Harmonic Convergence comes, I will destroy you forever.

Vaatu leaves. Wan sighs in relief, as Raava goes up to him in anger.

Raava: I told you not to interfere.

Wan: I had to do something. These people were in danger.

Nomad: Great spirit of light, we thank you for your help. But how did you become split from Vaatu?

Wan's face turns to a worried one.

Raava: Ask him.

The nomad turns his head to Wan. Wan slowly turns to the nomad.

Wan: It wasn't my fault. Vaatu tricked me into freeing him. I'd take it all back if I could.

Raava: It's too late for that. Now that Vaatu is free, he is turning other spirits dark. The more spirits he turns, the stronger he becomes.

Wan: He's getting bigger, and you're getting smaller.

Raava: As darkness grows, light fades.

Wan lowers his head in shame.

Wan: I'm sorry for endangering your village, but I promise to set things right.

The Nomad turns his head to another nomad in confusion and back to Wan.

Nomad: How?

Cut to Wan, along with Raava, Mula and a nomad, facing the air lion turtle.

Wan: Great lion turtle, I ask that you grant me the power of air so that I can defeat Vaatu before it's too late.

Lion Turtle: You already carry the power of fire. No human has ever held two elements at the same time.

Wan: I'm not like other humans. I can learn to do it.

Lion Turtle: Hmm, perhaps. But to do so, Raava must hold the power for you until you master it.

Raava: Ancient one, why would I do that for a human? Especially one who's caused so much trouble?

Wan: Raava, please, I can't let the world fall into chaos because of my mistake. Neither of us can defeat Vaatu alone, but together we have a chance.

Raava: You may be right. Very well. I will help you to master the power of air.

Cut to a frontal shot of Wan with the camera slowly zooming in on him.

Wan: Thank you. And in return I will help you restore balance to the world.

Cut to Raava and Wan walking through deserted lands.

Wan: What's this harmonic thing Vaatu was talking about?

Raava: Harmonic Convergence. That is when Vaatu and I must battle for the fate of the world.

Wan: How long do we have until then?

Raava: About a year in your time.

Wan: Then we better start training.

Wan begins to Firebends.

Wan: All right, I'm ready to try air. How's this gonna work?

Raava: The only way for me to give you the other element is to pass through your body and combine our energies.

Wan: Great. So you've done this before.

Raava: No. This has never even been attempted. It is very dangerous.

Wan: That's what they said about living in the Spirit Wilds, and I survived that. I'm ready. Give me the air.

He lets out a shout as Raava passes through his body. After he regains his composure, he sends out a burst of air.

Wan: It feels completely different. If you and Vaatu have the same fight every ten thousand years, why hasn't one of you destroyed the other?

He continues to practice his airbending.

Raava: He cannot destroy light any more than I can destroy darkness. One cannot exist without the other. Even if I defeat Vaatu in this encounter, darkness will grow inside me until he emerges again. The same will hold true if Vaatu defeats me.

Wan: That doesn't sound so bad. Even if Vaatu wins, you'll come back.

Raava: Yes, but you will probably not survive to see it. Vaatu will destroy the world as you know it. Darkness will cover the Earth for ten thousand years.

Cut to Wan who is thinking with his head down he his head to Raava.

Wan: If I'm gonna help you battle Vaatu, then I should visit more lion turtles.

Cut to the water lion turtle gives Wan the power of water. Wan immediately raises some water.

Wan: Why is there so much conflict between humans and spirits in the first place?

Raava: This physical world is where humans come from. Spirits come from another realm. At the north and south poles, the two realms intersect. Over time, more and more spirits have drifted into this world.

Cut to the earth lion turtle rising and giving Wan the power of earth.

Raava: Humans have been forced apart, settling on the lion turtles who protect them and losing touch with each other.

Wan: Most people think they live in the only human city in the world.

Raava: Most humans think only of themselves,

She passes through Wan's body.

Raava: no matter how many others are around.

Wan: When you pass through me, I feel an incredible rush of power. He then Earthbends. Raava passes through him again.

Wan: I feel like I'm changing. The more we practice, the stronger I become. *Sniffs* Smells like smoke.

Raava: Humans are nearby.

Wan: Let's check it out.

Raava and Wan see a group of humans burning down a forest for wood and approach the humans.

Settler: A spirit!

He hurls a fireball toward Raava. But Wan jumps in front, deflecting the fire.

Wan: Easy there, fellas. We're friendly.

Cut back to the settlers. As one walks up to Wan.

Jaya: I can't believe it. Wan?

Cut to a side-shot of the two.

Wan: Jaya!

They walk toward each other and hug.

Wan: What are you doing out here?

Jaya: You inspired us. Once we heard that you survived out in the wilds, we decided to try it too.

Wan: Where's Yao?

Jaya's expression turns to sadness.

Wan: Did he come with you?

Jaya: Yes, but sadly he didn't make it.

Wan hangs his head in sadness and sorrow.

Jaya: We... we lost a lot of good men along the way. So why were you protecting this spirit?

Wan: This is Raava. Don't worry. She's not like the dark spirits you've probably run into.

Frontal shot of Jaya in front of the settlers.

Jaya: Dark spirits? What's the difference? We throw fire at any spirit we see around here. Just like they attack any man.

Raava: You have no idea what you're doing. You're only making things worse.

Settler: The spirits are coming back!

Jaya: Let's wipe 'em out this time!

The settlers run off to fight the spirits.

Jaya: We'll burn down this whole forest if we have to!

Wan: What happened to you? When did you become so violent?

Jaya: You showed me we could change the world if we just stopped being so afraid. Now we're doing it.

He runs off to join the settlers. Cuts back to a sorrowful Wan.

Wan: This isn't what I had in mind.

Cut to an aerial shot of a group of spirits and the firebending settlers approach each other; cut to a frontal shot of the settlers as they lit up their hands. cut to a close-up of the spirits, revealing that the aye-aye spirit is leading them.

Aye-Aye: Get out of the forest, humans.

Wan then runs in between the groups.

Wan: Wait! We can resolve this peacefully!

Aye-Aye: Stinky? You came back.

Wan: It's good to see you again.

Aye-Aye: You and Raava are just in time to help us clear these tree-killing fire-lovers out of here just like the old days.

Jaya: You are the one who's getting cleared out.

Wan: There's no need for violence. I know there must be a way to work out a compromise.

Aye-Aye: You have a good heart, Stinky. But these fire tossers aren't like you.

Jaya: Spirits like him killed our friends! I can't let them get away with that.

The rumbling of thunder is heard. Cut to a far off side-shot of the battlefield as clouds roll in overhead. A lightning bolt splits the sky, illuminating Vaatu's form in the sky. He laughs wickedly. Cut to a close-up of the angry-looking aye-aye spirit as he and the other spirits turn dark.

Aye-Aye: We are protectors of the forest. We won't let you burn it down.

Raava: It's Vaatu. He's growing stronger, using their anger to turn them to his side.

Aye-Aye avoids a fire ball tossed at him by Jaya.

Aye-Aye: Wipe them out!

Man and spirit charge each other, though are kept apart by the efforts of Wan and Raava.

Wan: Stop, please!

He continues airbending to keep the two groups apart, but they keep charging at each other.

Wan: Raava, we need to combine our energies. Maybe then we'll have enough power to stop this.

Raava and Wan merge, and Wan shoots himself in the air, riding an air spout while the other elements circle around him. At the same time, he is enveloped in white energy.

Wan: Enough! You need to stop fighting now, before you destroy each other!

Aye-Aye groans as he is pushed back and turns back to normal. Notices Wan as he holds his head with his ears drooped.

Aye-Aye: Stinky, w-what happened?

Jaya: He's controlling all four elements.

Wan's energy begins to become visibly unstable.

Raava: Wan, I have to leave your body, or I'll destroy you.

Wan: No. It's working. If you leave, the fighting will start again.

Wan groans under the strain Raava's presence is putting on his body until he cannot take it anymore, and he faints, falling down out of the sky.

Raava: Wan!

Raava leaves his body, catches him before he crashes on the ground, and carries him off the battlefield. As they leave, the two groups clash with one another, continuing the battle. Groaning, Wan awakens on a nearby cliff overlooking the burned down remains of the battlefield.

Wan: We have to go back.

Vaatu: Don't bother. Your human friends have already been annihilated.

Wan: No!

Vaatu: Enjoy your final days. See you at the end of the world!

Vaatu flies away, leaving Wan to search for Raava. He finds her severely shrunken behind a rock. He picks up the weak spirit that he can now easily take into his arms.

Wan: Raava...

Raava: I'm sorry, Wan.

Wan slides Raava into a teapot, and jumps on Mula, setting course for the southern spirit portal.
===========================

Raava: We're almost there. I was wrong about you, Wan. I had no idea that humans were capable of such nobility and courage. I'm sorry that we do not have much more time together.

Wan: Let's not give up before the battle's even begun. Who knows what will happen? After all, this is my first Harmonic Convergence.

Raava: This is the southern portal to the Spirit World. Here, Vaatu and I will do battle once again, at the place where the two worlds meet.

Mula, Wan, and Raava pass through the portal. As they enter, the scenes around the portal fade into those of the Spirit World. They emerge in the Spirit World at a scene that is barren with the exception of a hollow tree, several streams, and two portals. Cut to a aerial view of the battlefield. Vaatu emerges from the northern portal.

Vaatu: Are you ready for our final battle, Raava? Thanks to our friend separating us, I think this time I may be rid of you once and for all.

Wan: Before you get to her, you'll have to go through me.

Vaatu: No human can stand against me.

Wan: Haven't you heard the legends? I'm not a regular human anymore.

Wan firebends at Vaatu, who flies away to avoid the blasts. However, he turns back and knocks Wan away with one of his tentacles.

Vaatu: I lived ten thousand lifetimes before the first of your kind crawled out of the mud!

Vaatu fires a purple energy beam out of his face. Wan screams as he is knocked backward again.

Vaatu: It was I who broke through the divide that separated the plane of spirits from the material world!

He fires the purple beam again. Wan grunts as he ricochets over the ground.

Vaatu: To hate me is to give me breath. To fight me is to give me strength. Now prepare to face oblivion!

Vaatu fires a purple energy beam at Wan, who propels himself with his firebending to avoid it. He to Raava desperately.

Wan: Raava! The only way to win is together.

Raava flies to Wan and merges with him, who is briefly surrounded by unstable white energy.

Wan: Ah!

Vaatu attacks with his whpping tentacles, which Wan evades by flying on a cloud. The two of them exchange blows, with Wan being more powerful and is making a decent stand against Vaatu. Vaatu still has the upper hand in the fight though, even though Wan is now capable of bending two elements simultaneously. Wan is forced back, his physical form starting to become static as his energy becomes unstable.

Raava: I have to leave you. If I stay any longer, you will die.

Wan: It doesn't matter. If you leave me now, Vaatu will destroy everything. We have to finish this together!

Wan and Vaatu exchange more blows, the former becoming more static while losing ground. Wan promptly charges at Vaatu, and although he manages to land a fire blast, he is shot backward toward the southern portal by a purple energy beam. He skids to a halt right before the portal, where Vaatu pins hims down using one of his tentacles.

Vaatu: The Harmonic Convergence is about to begin. The era of Raava is over.

Cut to a shot of outer space as the planets align, the two beams from the spirit portals bend over to connect with one another. Vaatu starts to glow purple as he watches the spectacle in the sky. While still static, Wan lights up briefly, showing Raava's form inside his chest. He puts his right hand behind him, causing the energy of the southern spirit portal during Harmonic Convergence to flow though him, basking him in blue light, as he permanently merges his spirit with Raava's.

Vaatu notices and releases him in shock. Wan's form becomes less static and his eyes glow white. He cries out and white lights shoot out of his mouth and eyes, enveloping the area. Vaatu moves away a safe distance before turning back. As the light subsides, Wan emerges and his energy has stabilized.

Raava: We are bonded forever.

Wan, eyes still glowing, attacks Vaatu, hitting him consistently and pressuring him before trapping him in an air bubble, which he secures with rings of all four elements. He uses his bending to guide the bubble to the hollow of a tree in which he imprisons Vaatu behind a purple energy field.

Wan: This is your prison now. And I will close the portals so no human will ever be able to physically enter the Spirit World and release you.

Wan closes the northern portal. Back in the mortal world, spirits are lining up to return to the Spirit World through the southern portal.

Wan: The spirits must stop fighting with humans and return to their home in the Spirit World. I will teach men to respect the spirits so that balance will be maintained.

Before the aye-aye spirit enters the spirit portal, he turns to Wan and bows respectfully, a gesture that is returned by the first Avatar.

Wan: I will be the bridge between our two worlds.

He closes the portal. Cut to a close up of Wan. Cut to the fire lion turtle with his city's former residents looking at him.

Lion Turtle: The world is entering a new age. Our time protecting mankind is over. We will no longer give humans the power of the elements.

Cuts to a gray still scene of armored warriors fighting with weapons, fire and water bending; voice-over.

Wan: Different groups of people must learn to live together.

The scene pans up to show a still of a determined-looking Wan entering the Avatar State.

Wan: This is my mission: to use Raava's light spirit.

Scene moves back to show Wan using the four elements to separate the fighting parties which are distinguished by red and blue flags.

Wan: To guide the world toward peace.

Cut to a burning battlefield. Rocks are elevated everywhere, red flags, arrows, and large earth coins lie scattered over the field. An old and armored Wan slumps against an earth coin, surrounded by arrows.

Wan:  I'm sorry, Raava. I failed to bring peace. Even with Vaatu locked away, darkness still surrounds humanity. There wasn't enough time.

Raava: Don't worry. We will be together for all of your lifetimes. And we will never give up.

As Wan exhales for a last time, a golden light escapes his mouth. It dissipates into little golden specks and scatters. The scene fades to a white screen as the sound of a baby crying is heard. Ryu watched this with awe then looked at Raava in confusion.

Ryu: Wow...

Raava: Wan was a good friend. A better husband too his wife, and father to his child. The Avatar gene runs deep in your family...

Kyoshi.

Roku.

And Wan.

Raava: No one in your bloodline was able to tap into this power not even your great grandmother. The only one was able to tapped into the presence was your grandfather. Only then he taught his sons and daughter. Your families power alone can challenge the Avatars. But the convergence is near... you and Korra must combine your spiritual power to face Vaatu if he is freed. The world not only depends on the Avatar it needs you too.

Ryu: I understand... thank you Raava.

Raava: No it is your ancestor who changed my view of humans. Goodbye Ryu.

The scene fades to Korra's closed eyes that suddenly shoot open, glowing a bright white. Cut to a side-shot of her as she jolts up, little white beams shooting out of her eyes. She gasps for air, and the light in her eyes stop. Cut to the old woman and two Bhanti tribesmen looking down upon her from the mouth of the cave Korra is in. Side-shot of Korra.

Korra: I remember.

Old Woman: Do you know who you are?

Korra: My name is Korra. I'm the Avatar.

Cut to outside the cave, where Korra and the old woman reach a grass clearing where bison are grazing. In the back was a giant red dragon sleeping soundly as the bison cubs play around it.

Korra: It's a dragon!

Old Woman: Oh that's Igneous. He protects them and he's a softy for the cubs. We've been raising this herd of air bison since the Hundred Year War. It was was a way to condone for my past. I never thought I'd be able to present one to the Avatar.

Korra: Your past? Im sorry have we met?

Old Woman: In a different life you wouldn't called me an enemy. But I am old friend of Avatar Aang.

Korra: Thank you for all your kindness. I wonder how long I've been away. Ryu! I have to find Ryu!

Old Woman: That I cannot say, but you do not have much time left. The Harmonic Convergence is only weeks away. You and Ryu's spiritual pressure are more linked then you realize.

Korra: I have to close the spirit portal before that happens. Thank you.

Cut to a shot of Korra atop a flying bison missing a part of its right horn, flying through the sky. As the camera cuts back to the woman smiling as another dragon lands behind her. On top showed an old man with a bag of groceries.

Old man: Honey. I just saw one of the bison leave. Is everything okay?

Old Woman: Everything is fine. The Avatar needed a ride.

The old man chuckled and kissed her forehead as they walked towards a small house on the field where they watch the bisons.

Old Man: Shall I make some jasmine tea?

Old Woman: I would love that... beloved.
.
*TO BE CONTINUES*
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

=============================
Ryu and Korra have tapped into the past and now know what they must do to stop Unalaq from
freeing Vaatu! But how will this favor our heroic duo? Find out next time on LOK: Grandson of the North!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33K 638 57
From a young age the Avatar and the Princess were the best of friends, when Korra started to train the line between friends and more changed.
122K 2.5K 25
ON HIATUS until further notice :) You are the son of Bumi, and your life was a little less than ordinary. Being the first grandson of Aang and Katara...
42.7K 1.2K 34
β”ŠΝ™βœ§Λ–*°࿐ IN WHICH a fire nation princess joins a group of young teenagers and makes allies, enemies and memories within their journey towards ending t...
92.6K 2.2K 27
(Zuko x oc) The Avatar and Zuko are strong but Aang must learn how to strengthen his fire bending. Kai is reluctant at first but she'll soon realize...