Mia and Her Alpha

By WolfLoverKait

My name is Mia and when I was a child my mother made a choice risking everyone's safety. The choice was a sac... More

M&A || Two
M&A || Three
M&A || Four
Chapter 5-The Truth Will Set You Free
Chapter 6-Justice
Chapter 7-Follow Your Heart
Chapter 8-How Much More Can The Heart Take?
Chapter 9-Family Reunion
Chapter 10-Brother
Chapter 11-The Escape
Chapter 12-Finding Each Other
Chapter 13-Waterfall
Chapter 14-Stranger in the Woods
Chapter 15-My Mate?
Chapter 16-No More Waiting
Chapter 17-Brother's Arrival
Chapter 18-You're Not The Only Alpha Child
Chapter 19-You Need To Let Go
Chapter 20-2 Girls. 1 Heart.
Chapter 21-Escape From Suffocation
Chapter 22-Dominos
Chapter 23-If The Cookie Crumbles
Chapter 24-Past Not Forgotten
Chapter 25- Blessing or Curse?
Chapter 26-Clean
Chapter 27-Personal Hell
Chapter 28-Carnage
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Author's Note
M&A || Nora &Tyler

M&A || One

21K 528 35
By WolfLoverKait

Hell was about to break loose. Although today is the day that most sixteen-year-old werewolves dream of. For me, it has been the day the I've been dreading. Today was the day I wish the end of the world actually happened instead of the usual December 21 myth. It was the day we get paired with another not by love but by force. When a werewolf is young, they are sent away to almost like a summer camp to find their soulmate. Some find theirs and others are forced to continue the journey of finding the person they're supposed to spend the rest of their days with. The girl remains with her family until the age of sixteen when she is sent to go with her other half.

Everyone believes this is the natural way of our society. It was the Moon Goddess' plan. Except for me, my mother broke the rules. My mother made a deal for me to be mated to the Alpha of the rival pack. She sacrificed five of our pack members to the Moon Goddess in order for us to become mates. No one has been able to figure out why she did this and it's not like anyone could ask her. Her actions were considered treason which resulted in her to be stoned to death. I was too young to know what actually happened and I still have a feeling that I'm not getting the whole story. Something doesn't add up. What? That's what I can't seem to figure out no matter how many hours I spend thinking about this.

I remained under the turquoise covers of my bed as I watched the sun climb over the hills in the distance. Birds were beginning to do their chirping; something I always found as annoying, but today they seemed to be the only thing that made me feel connected to my childhood. It was going to be the last time I was waking up in my bed waiting to see my brother Jackson and my father. They have always been my rock and now they were going to be enemies. My own blood was now something I couldn't even consider mine.

I have no idea if I would even live to see the sunrise tomorrow. Though, I'm not sure I'd even want to. There have been stories going around my pack that the Alpha on the opposing pack killed his family to come to power. He is brutal and cold hearted. Some even say that he can kill before being able to count to one. The killing was easy for him. That's what terrifies me the most.

My eyes drifted away from the window towards my alarm clock. An action that I knew I'd regret for the rest of my life. Thirty minutes until He would be here. I let out a loud groan before yanking the covers off to get ready. Personally, I would have loved to show up in my pajamas, but looking at the big picture made me realize my pajamas would be my death sentence. After washing my brunette hair in a matter of minutes, I settled on wearing a black lace dress. It was my favorite and it would also be the only thing I could bring with me considering I was switching packs. All my childhood belongings gone in a flash.

I tiptoed down the stairs into the kitchen and then the office to find myself alone. I couldn't help but wonder if my family purposely left early so they didn't have to say goodbye. Because it was goodbye. Any future interaction(if it even happened) would be of us at odds.

My front door swung open revealing my best friend Lily running in, tears streaming down her face. "What's the matter, Lily?" Besides the fact that our friendship too would be over the moment I left here. We had a good run and I will always cherish the memories we share.

"Your mate is here. He is ready to take you to his pack." I hugged her goodbye even allowing myself to shed a few tears.

I sighed. "Okay, I'm ready." I walked past her, head held up high, and headed towards the front side of camp where the Alpha was. I didn't make it before being stopped by my brother. Jackson is the soon to be Alpha for our pack. To my surprise, he acted as if I wasn't his sister. He asked for the blue moon shaped necklace back. Each wolf had a pendant of a blue moon and if you leave our tribe then you must give it back because it means you are not one of them. I removed the pendant from my neck and placed a gentle kiss on it. Everything was beginning to seem real. "Goodbye my brother," I managed to say despite my voice cracking. I was on the verge of going full blown sobbing.

I took three steps behind my brother until he swiftly grabbed my arm and pulled me back. He hugged me for a few seconds. But to me, it felt like an eternity. And even that eternity wasn't long enough. He was my best friend and now he isn't. "I have to go." He nodded and released me. I placed my small delicate hand on his shoulder and walked away. I walked slowly down the dirt path in order to drag out me meeting my supposed 'lover'. However, it couldn't be avoided forever. I reached the front end in order to find the Alpha leaning against his red mustang car.

"It's about time you got here. I was starting to think I had to drag you from your home. Now get in the car. NOW!" He said in a very harsh tone. Someone most definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I obeyed his order and carefully placed myself in the car. I had to keep telling myself to not cry and to not cause a scene. My life was officially over.

The drive felt short to get to his territory. Too short in my opinion. His area was full of elegant buildings and lots of wolves practicing. It was nothing like my home. He had an army of hundreds of wolves. They live in palatial buildings where as my pack lives in small cottages. He pulled the red Mustang into the semi-circle driveway in front of the grandest building. Most likely the Alpha house. We walked three flights of stairs to a hall that had two rooms. One for the Alpha and one for me, the soon to be Luna. I will never get used to the idea that I was going to be the Luna. Never.

"Sit." I sat on the bed as he walked over to me. I felt so small compared to his tall stone statue. "I only have a few rules. Do as I say when I say it. And do not talk to the other wolves unless I say so. Got it?" I was in shock from his fierce attitude. "Did I stutter? Do you understand?" Oh, crap. This was not going to get easier. I gave a slight nod because my muscles were so tense from being nervous. He exited the room to go handle the pack leaving me all alone with no access to anyone. This was not going to end well for me.

I spent the day sitting at the window wishing that I could escape. I didn't care if my pack wouldn't take me back and I had to be rogue. Anything would be better than this situation.

It wasn't until the greatest thing happened since I got here. I used my senses and spotted food in the room below mine. The savory aroma made my stomach groan. Alpha never said anything about leaving my room. I mean what's the worse that could happen? A girl gotta eat.

I carefully opened the door attempting not to make a sound in case Alpha was down the hall. I couldn't risk him seeing me before I ate something. I crept down the stairs and found the kitchen easily. I couldn't find anything that sounded pleasant so I was stuck with a granola bar. Not even the chocolate chip kind.

I turned around to head back up to my room only to find Alpha standing at the doorway. Shit! I was busted.

Silence hung between us as our eyes locked. My insides were on fire and I knew I had to say something. "I'm sorry. I was hungry so I just came to get something to eat. If you'll excuse me, I'd like to head back to my room."

"You can't just go around wondering about with no one with you. You don't know where you're going and you'll get lost and then I'm gonna have to waste my time trying to find you," he spat. So much for trying to make this less miserable.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. You know, you could always have someone show me around and that will solve this little problem." I put attitude and sarcasm into my voice to make it clear that I won't put up with his bitch of an attitude.

"Tyler!"

A tall man looking not a day over eighteen came in. He had long brunette curls and tanned skin. How did he end up on the good side of the Alpha?

"Yes, Sir?"

"Why don't you show her around."

Tyler nodded. Alpha moved away from the door watching me exit with Tyler. He showed me around the Alpha mansion and then through the court. The court was full of little shops, restaurants, and even a school. We then headed for the back side of the pack where all the houses were, there was a playground where all the young children were playing.

"I thought he killed all the children." I smirked.

"He doesn't kill all children. These ones are from our pack so they are protected and then if he travels anywhere he gives them the option to join him. He only kills the men and women who cross him. Anyways, how else would he get a pack this big?"

"Are you trying to tell me that he has a heart for not killing all children?"

"He does have a heart. Some good-"

"But mostly bad" I cut him off.

"Just give him a chance. Maybe you two will get along. Just make sure not to cross him because there will be punishment no matter who you are to him. He has strict rules that everyone including you must abide by."

"Great." I murmured.

"This is all. Anyways, what's your name?"

"Mia."

Tyler directed me back to my room and left for a meeting with the Alpha and his other advisors. I'm surprised that Tyler is so nice where the Alpha is cruel.

Although Tyler wants me to give him a chance, I need to escape at the first moment I get. The wolf in me wanted to stay, but the girl in me wanted to run for the hills. I have no clue which side to listen to. Only time will tell, I guess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 4.4K 26
A girl named Emma has gone through a lot of problems. One day she is given a chance, to start a new and fresh life with her father. Emma won't pull a...
776K 17.9K 47
Mia is a sassy girl and a werewolf with an honest heart and, she lives with her father and her older brother, her father is the beta of her pack, Sil...
122 0 15
I was just a pure human, I lived in the city with my mother. We had money to help take care of ourselves since my father died. My mother was lonely a...
1.2M 43.1K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...