devils advocate ( matt murdoc...

By wstrnflies

. * ꙳ ♱ ⊹ ❝I laid the groundwork and then like clockwork the dominions cascaded in a line❞ ― matt murdock x... More

the devil fell into her arms, as she designed him to.
epigraph.
♱ ━ act one.
one:﹙sickingly beautiful﹚
two:﹙empty lot﹚
three:﹙what do you call moral?﹚
four:﹙the first meeting﹚
five:﹙untold secrets﹚
six:﹙with, love﹚
seven:﹙meet-cute﹚
eight:﹙fire to the world﹚
nine:﹙impalusive﹚
ten: ﹙ me and the devil ﹚
eleven: ﹙ hands across hells kitchen﹚
twelve: ﹙anything for his love﹚
thirteen: ﹙in blinds eye﹚
fourteen: ﹙when the dominoes cascade﹚
fifteen:﹙loss and love﹚
sixteen:﹙heres a tip﹚
seventeen: ﹙hope is a dangerous thing﹚
eighteen:﹙mask off﹚
nineteen:﹙this is friendship?﹚
twenty:﹙trying something new﹚
twenty-one:﹙the final push﹚
twenty-two:﹙cryptic attack﹚
twenty-three:﹙will you still love me?﹚
twenty-four:﹙love, actually﹚
twenty-five:﹙you and me﹚
twenty-six:﹙the second look﹚
twenty-seven:﹙the love in the books﹚
twenty-eight:﹙keep his word﹚
twenty-nine:﹙daredevil and nightangel﹚
thirty:﹙actual love﹚
♱ ━ act two.
one:﹙a fresh start﹚
two:﹙stress and unrelaxation﹚
three:﹙their happy ending?﹚
four:﹙small disagreement﹚
six:﹙when a blind man hears﹚
seven:﹙red﹚
eight: ﹙RED﹚
nine: ﹙gods sins the women﹚
ten: ﹙when the snake guides﹚
eleven: ﹙the illuison﹚
twelve: ﹙the call so close﹚
thirteen: ﹙backlog﹚
fourteen:﹙his sorry﹚
fifteen:﹙happiness﹚
sixteen:﹙peace offering﹚
seventeen: ﹙in my room﹚
eighteen:﹙shameless﹚
nineteen: ﹙always her fault﹚
twenty: ﹙guilty as a sin﹚
twenty-one: ﹙die for you﹚
twenty-two:﹙silent prayers﹚
twenty three: ﹙death comes to her﹚
twenty four: ﹙darkness, soul, embrace﹚
twenty five: ﹙tainted love﹚
twenty six: ﹙the blacksmith﹚
twenty-seven:﹙cold day in hell's kitchen﹚
twenty eight:﹙family times﹚
twenty nine:﹙ close enough to do it﹚
♱ ━ act three.
one:﹙the hero﹚
three:﹙violent defender﹚
four:﹙a whole lotta history﹚
five:﹙same thing, new people﹚
six:﹙danger from five﹚
seven:﹙matthew murdock v. daredevil﹚
eight:﹙silent blow﹚
nine:﹙the chance of rebounds﹚
ten:﹙pillowtalk﹚
eleven:﹙by your side﹚
twelve:﹙new chance taken﹚
thirteen:﹙here we go again...﹚
fourteen:﹙backfiring﹚
sixteen:﹙reckless driving﹚
seventeen:﹙you've become my ceiling﹚
eighteen:﹙punish-her﹚
nineteen:﹙final blow﹚
twenty:﹙lets leave it like this﹚
twenty-one:﹙i'll love it if we made it﹚
♱ ━ act four.
one:﹙a not so fresh start﹚
two:﹙praying﹚
three:﹙show stopping﹚
four:﹙exile﹚
five:﹙and daredevil﹚
six:﹙me n the devil﹚
seven:﹙do i wanna know?﹚
eight:﹙you wanted me sadder﹚
nine:﹙revenge﹚
ten:﹙mastermind﹚
eleven:﹙the prints left behind﹚
twelve:﹙envy, greed, lust﹚
thirteen:﹙to be silent﹚
fourteen:﹙short lived﹚
fiveteen:﹙stalling for love﹚
sixteen:﹙woman scorned﹚
seventeen:﹙back at it again...﹚
eighteen:﹙the wait﹚

two:﹙earthquake﹚

108 6 3
By wstrnflies

CHAPTER       TWO !
earthquake.

"contains; nothing."
—no need to proceed with caution

She acted like she didn't notice; the blood in the sink. 

Matt had come home around five minutes after the earthquake breathing heavily. Y/n wasn't going to call him out on it still having that normal life mindset if he didn't know she knew they didn't have to discuss it. 

Besides most likely it would be a one-time thing, the earthquake had destroyed a lot of the bakery and Hell's Kitchen. Cars were falling into potholes, and multiple streets and blocks were closed off cause of the damage that was caused. 

Yet no one knew why Hell's Kitchen would be the place to have the earthquake. Y/n rushed over there about twenty minutes after the earthquake had hit. But there was a struggle getting there cause the block was blocked off by cop cars. 

So she had spent her whole night and day at the Bakery trying to finish cleaning everything. Picking up the fallen chairs, throwing out multiple batches of goods that were on the metal trays, multiple glasses, mugs and bowls had broke

The television had fallen off of the wall and hit the floor roughly breaking and shattering into pieces. Matt had offered to help her, but she was already stressed by the idea of Matt going back to Daredevil, so she lied that she was okay and fine with doing it on her own. 

Softly in the background, the radio was on for information about anything with the earthquake on. "Trish, it's really scary when something like this happens" 

It played softly in the background, Y/n was wearing a tan turtleneck and jeans with her apron on rubbing down the table with a wet rag holding onto a spray bottle finishing the little things before working on the broken television, etc. 

"What do I tell my kids?" The man continued to go on "We can't help but think it's the incident or terrorism." 

Y/n stayed silent, mockingly rolling her eyes at the person since they didn't know what truthfully had happened. "True, but there's nothing to worry about." Trish Walker spoke on the other line of the radio, "The mayor's office confirmed this morning, it was a 4.6 magnitude earthquake...A shallow one, actually, centred in Hell's Kitchen" 

"I'm told seismologists are looking at a fault line on the Hudson," Trish continued to inform them, "to see if it could be the source of the problem...Jane from Brooklyn, you're on Trish Talk. What did feel like last night." 

Jane started to speak on the other line, "Not an earthquake, that's for sure." 

"Right. Brooklyn's outside the affected area." 

"No. I mean, whatever it was, you're reporting it wrong." 

Trish continued to speak, trying to keep the calm of her talk show. Y/n wasn't really paying attention anymore just wiping down the metal tables. "Look, I know it's easy to give into fear, but-" 

Scoffing on the other end of the phone. "I'm no conspiracy theorist. I'm a geologist" Y/n raised her head looking towards the radio. "Shallow earthquakes could be fifty miles at least. But whatever happened last night was only 300 feet deep-"

Creasing her eyebrows looking towards the radio, none of it was making sense when it came to this. Suddenly her line was cut, "Hello?" Trish's voice had called out. Y/n put the stuff on the metal table before rushing over to her phone that was on the counter. 

Shallow earthquakes are between 0 and 70 km deep; intermediate earthquakes, 70 - 300 km deep; and deep earthquakes, 300 - 700 km deep. In general, the term "deep-focus earthquakes" is applied to earthquakes deeper than 70 km.

The sound of the bell ringing on the door was heard, "We're closed" She spoke looking down towards the phone. 

"I hope so" Matt's voice rang through her ears. 

Putting on a smile resting in the corners of her mouth; feeling her face lighten up, puts her phone down on the counter. Looking over to see her boyfriend standing in his suit and tie. "Hey!" she exclaimed acting as if she wasn't worried nor questioning the matter of last night. 

Matt held onto his walking stick, "What are the chances you are walking this way?!" She finished holding out her hands making her way right in front of the man. "Coffee?" 

"Yea," He softly nodded gripping his walking stick tightly. 

Y/n glanced down at his knuckle bruises hands; her smile became forced before she kissed him connecting their lips. Matt moved his hand from the cane to his girlfriend's waist. The kiss was brought, with the feeling of comfort going through Y/n's stomach. 

She smiled in the kiss along with Matt, who seemed to be getting his mind off of something by kissing her roughly. Opened her eyes and pulled away, to look into his red-tinted glasses.

Holding onto the hairs on the back of his neck, pulling away Matt had held onto her waist. "Good, because I wanted to ask you how bad is it outside?" She spoke quickly nearing his mouth.

"Police everywhere, they almost stopped me coming through until they saw the stick and your keys" Matt muttered softly to her letting the girl go before she had made her way to go towards the back to make coffee. 

The two of them had talked before Matt was cut off by a phone call. Y/n had made her way to the table placed Matt's coffee down on the table sitting and joined him, He had put the phone down with a confused look sitting on the corners of his face. 

"Foggy wants to talk about something later at Josie's" 

Foggy has gotten a new job at a bigger and better firm, since then he had barely been in this area of hell's kitchen neither had he been to Josie's it was as if whatever firm had taken Foggy had changed him to nothing but their puppet turning him fancier.

Putting another smile on her face nodding her head that was semi-tilted, "Well, you got whatever he's going to talk to you about" Knowing it was most likely going to be awkward for the two men to interact. 

Matt smiled to himself at this, "I love you" He shortly spoke. 

"I love you too..." She muttered taking a sip from her coffee, the bruises on his knuckles caused her to sigh and just look at them wanting to help him. "What did you do?" 

Her boyfriend had gone silent just sitting there his head facing towards her across from the table placing his coffee down. "N-Nothing" Matt shook his head, "He probably wants to talk to me about the earthquake last night..." 

Her lips pressed into a line, closing her eyes and turning towards the window. "You lied to me" She confessed. 

Matt bit his lip softly, "Eh-um..." 

"The earthquake, Daredevil" She causally brought up, knowing the things he lied about. Just wanting him to be honest with her once in their relationship. "You have a bad alibi. You've been telling me everything since we started to date-" 

Folding her hands and looking towards him, Matt let out a sigh getting up. Watched him get up, her eyes hooded angry with the line on her lips. "Don't walk out of here Matt Murdock" She warned him, not wanting to hear the work excuse. 

"Cops weren't coming, Y/n" He stopped in place, slowly lowering himself knowing if he walked out she'd probably kick him out of the apartment, making him sleep on the streets or even kill him.

"I don't care about that, you were also lying" She shook her head, her eyes hodded still. 

Matt chuckled facing down at the cup of coffee. "You've been lying too, a small oven just doesn't appear in the corners of the kitchen, along with dozen of flowers from Leah's parents, do you miss him Y/n?" 

"I was trying not to complicate things by mentioning silly 'get better' flowers, and nothing more" Y/n shook her head, feeling herself almost panic. "But you- you complicated things last night by lying to me...Why would you lie?" She sounded hurt over him. 

Opening his mouth to say something else leaning back on his own chair. "I don't- want to worry you" He confessed sitting down. 

She laughed at this shaking her head, with a playful smile on her face. 'Your blind in Hell's Kitchen, Matthew" Y/n spoke to him causing Matt to follow along with a small laugh, "I just thought we moved in with each other- an..." 

"Soon" He quickly cut her off, knowing about the idea of marriage. "But right now, I want to make it stable for us to live where we don't need to worry about stuff like an earthquake" 

Shuttering over her breath, a small smile lifted on her lips. 

"Yeah" With creased eyebrows looking over to him before confessing it towards him so he didn't feel any kind of threatened. "Guess what? Frank hurt me, among other things by killing" Y/n shook her head looking off towards her boyfriend. "So I understand why you're thinking it was more, but trust me...Yknow losing people is why I just say a thing-" 

There were a to of things she wanted to say to Frank, and one of them is thank you. But he had left her, and didn't seem to want to look back.

"I'm here" Matt nodded towards her, "So don't worry about me please,"

"Over my dead body," She muttered smiling softly. 

*+:。.。

Inside Josie's during the night of Hell's Kitchen, the bar had been packed with a bunch of people around. Sitting at the bar, was Matt and Foggy together once again after what had to be two to almost three months away from each other. 

"Been a long time, Josie." Foggy smiled over the bar, to the women handing the two men beers. "I can't tell you how much I miss this place." 

Josie chuckled shaking her head not believing a word that he winded up saying. "Oh, so Mr Uptown misses our humble and now water-functioning establishment." Josie had walked away before Foggy could ask her any questions.

Turning his head to Matt with furrowed eyebrows, at a chuckling Matt. "Water?" 

"Yeah" Matt smiled to himself, "Y/n gave Josie almost a thousand to put into fresh water" 

Foggy went silent at the mention of Y/n, the last time the two had officially seen each other was before she had sunk the Frank Castle case for the two men. 

Feeling the awkward tension at the mention of Y/n, Matt tried to change the subject. "How's work?" 

The two have updated each other on the cases that they have been working on. Before Matt had asked about the things that have been going on with Foggy and his new job, truly not wanting to know the answer cause of pure jealousy. 

"Big office." Foggy mentioned, "Far from what we dreamed about doing when we were kids, but at least I get to see Marci a lot." He bragged towards the man, "After hours" 

"That's great, Foggy." Matt confirmed. 

"Naked, I mean." 

Both of the men chuckled before Matt took a sip of his beer, the silence quickly became awkward tension between the two of them since they didn't know if or not to mention the Daredevil things. 

People walked past the two of them that just sat there not saying anything to each other. "Hey, thanks for reaching out. It's, uh... been a while, huh?" Matt licked the beer off of his lips. 

Smiling over to the man who he called his best friend, "That it has...I don't mean to pry, but where have you guys at since the last time I saw you two? Relationship status?" 

Matt bit his lip, "I moved in with her," 

"Big step" Foggy exclaimed patting Matt on the shoulder. 

"Yea" He nodded, pursing his lips together. "I've been thinking of taking another step in our relationship, marriage? maybe-" 

Foggy smiled over to his best friend who took a sip of the beer. "Well- man...congratulations" Foggy nodded his head even if he didn't confirm of the two together after finding out who Y/n truly was but he saw Matt was truly happy with her. 

"You can trust her." Knowing he still didn't know how to feel about the last time they have talked about y/n. "She's getting better" 

"I know." Foggy said, "You can trust me, too." 

The rest of the night between the two, Foggy had tried to keep Matt in his place. Before helping him somehow, Matt was given cases that Foggy wasn't able to fully get to at the time. So when he had gotten back to the apartment. 

Foggy just wanted to help along with trying not to make Matt go out as Daredevil by himself or at all. So he was trying to give him more cases to be able to be busy with. The two of them had ended the night around 10 pm. 

Y/n looked at him confused, looking up away from the recipe book that was on their coffee table. Her legs were crossed after she had finished meditating not that long ago. 

Watching Matt walk into the living room after taking off his jacket, glasses and coat. Holding a large briefcase. Turned to him from the living room after hearing the sounds of the key trying to open the door and then the door opening. 

Matt huffed; sitting on the couch next to Y/n. She grabbed his case putting it on the table with a sigh not knowing why it was heavy. "That bad?" 

Shaking his head, "No" Matt's eyes focused near the wall past Y/n. "You?" 

"Worse" She sarcastically said, rubbing her own leg. "Leah's parent's checked in. They were talking about meeting you but-" 

"Should be fun?" 

"No" She quickly turned him down, "Her parents are mine basically, they didn't have enough to adopt both of us yet they'd take me everywhere with Leah when we were young; they can be worse though.." 

A chuckle had come out of Matt's mouth, moving his head onto his girlfriend's shoulder. "Foggy talked to Karen, how did your coffee thing go with her a couple of days ago?" Sighing leaning back on the couch running her hands through Matt's hair. 

"She's good" Y/n nodded confirming that his old friend was doing good. "We barely talked, She probably thinks I have no idea about Daredevil, but-" 

Matt hummed nodding his head, his head resting on her neck, trailing kisses up her next feeling wet on her skin. She bit onto her lower lip, suppressing anything as Matt grabbed her waist throwing the woman on his lap. 

Catching her lips into a slow french kiss, "Dinner is in the m-" Matt cut her off shoving his lips more into her. 

"I've never been less hungry for your food," He muttered into her lips, wanting just her at the moment; becoming sorry for almost walking out early on her. 

Y/n was surprised by this but melted into it her hand next to his head holding onto his shoulder. His lips held onto hers deeply, Breathing into each other almost breathlessly; the once slow kiss turned rough. 

Full of sure eagerness and attraction. Both of them breathed through their nose and matched paces with one another almost immediately. Y/n lowered herself onto the couch not discounting their lips but holding onto Matt's shoulder causing him to follow suit. 

She parted her lips Matt reciprocated and darted his tongue over her lips, causing her heart to skip a beat, which he heart, smiling into it. Matt continued to explore her mouth, kissing her passionately as she tried to undo his tie with one hand. 

Matt pulled away, catching his breath and panting heavily before undoing his tie and unbuttoning the dress shirt. Y/n pulled him back down connecting their lips once more 

The breathy whimpers that he let out between his quiet words sent shivers up your spine originating from the ever-tightening coil in her core. Y/n's hands gripped his shoulders firmly, fingertips massaging his skin.

She can feel his cock press up against her core as he bucks and shuffles over her. "Matt" 

"No teasing," He warned her, shaking his head not being able to take it. "It's been a week of this case, and I deserve congrats" 

Smirking a bit at his words, "Deserve?" 

His mouth was back onto hers, as she gasped for air-breathing; his hand slipped between her legs and rubbed the heel of his palm roughly against her clothed cunt. Her whole body sunk into his, melting at his touch as his lip moulded with hers. 

His hands constantly moved when he kissed her, finding new places to rest or gently squeeze.

"Work. Work. Work" Matt's phone called. 

A despite sigh came from both of their mouths, Matt took a second sinking his head into her neck. Y/n moved her hand to grab his phone that was on the table before putting it to his ear, "Hello" Matt spoke into it sitting up off of Y/n, and fixing his own tie. 

Y/n watched her boyfriend on the phone getting lost in his look, messy brown hair; a now wrinkled shirt and a tie he was trying to fix. Noticing something was wrong, she snapped out of it while Matt sighed putting his phone down on the table. 

"I have to go in" He complained fixing the collar of his shirt, "I should be right home- it's a quick one..."

"About?" Y/n asked sitting on her knees letting them sink into the couch as Matt stood up from the couch. 

"Jessica Jones?" Matt answered her, acting as if she was supposed to remember the name. "Victim found dead in her apartment, it should be in one of Foggy's files if you mind. While I'm gone going over it and translating" 

Humming and rubbing her forehead with a nod, "I will be home as soon as I can" Matt promised leaning down, Y/n went to him so he could kiss the top of her head "Then we can finish" He muttered. 

Smiling over at him, closely before Matt walked guiding himself to the kitchen to grab his things. Y/n cocked her head to the side, creasing her eyebrows at the full briefcase that was given by Foggy. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 1.5K 30
Hell's Kitchen boils in summer but people still need coffee, that includes two very cute boys that just so happen to be lawyers. Matt Murdock and Fo...
9.9K 297 34
There is a new case in Hell's Kitchen that only the iconic duo Nelson & Murdock can solve. Ava lost everything she ever had and she will have to depe...
21.4K 712 26
𝙈𝙖𝙩𝙩 𝙈𝙪𝙧𝙙𝙤𝙘𝙠 𝙓 𝙁𝙚𝙢𝙊𝘾 / 𝙁𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨 𝙎𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 "𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘦?" 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘴, 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵�...
3K 100 11
DISCLAIMER: Read all of part one (He's My World) before you read part two!!! I'm not responsible for people who refuse to do so and are confused! Wit...